[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't she catch a break, /co/? And why did she never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Lauren_Faust.jpg (100KB, 590x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lauren_Faust.jpg
100KB, 590x500px
Why can't she catch a break, /co/?

And why did she never crowdfund Galaxy Girls during her height of popularity?
>>
>>77761099
It's sad she seem to only get respect when working on projects run by her husband, anywhere else someone above tries to screw her over.

As for the other question - height of her popularity was when she was working on mlp, so she was probably too busy for her own project.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 500x632px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 500x632px
#Neverforget
>>
She's been pushing for Galaxy Girls for what feels like forever... which leads me to wonder if it's simply just not very good, and that's why it's not getting picked up.
>>
>>77761334
lots of cartoon pitches are pretty good but never get picked up.

One of the reason for her not getting her show going is probably because its not mlp
>>
>>77761381
If that's the case, that's really a shame!
>>
>>77761334
Some pitches can take years before they're picked up for one reason or another. Phineas and Ferb was developed and pitched for 16 years before Disney picked it up.
>>
>>77761489
>>77761381
>>77761334
well GGs looks pretty generic toy brand-ish. reminds me of diva starz, or lisa frank stuff
i cant imagine anything really funny coming out of it, and we already have the mellow drama versions of it (SU and Sailor Moon). the designs are very clearly made for flash too.

i cant see how it could be anything good.

despite what people say, rainbow horses is mediocre. i mean, its good if youre going into it thinking dora the explorer or something, but it never got a laugh out of me and it seems like the only reason anyone would like it is because they like the, uh... "community"
>>
>>77761631
>despite what people say, rainbow horses is mediocre. i mean, its good if youre going into it thinking dora the explorer or something, but it never got a laugh out of me

seriously this. it's more or less like any other kids' show that teaches moral lessons, which is fine for kids but wouldn't have been remarkable on its own merits if it wasn't for the fandom.
>>
>>77761334
She already used most of GG ideas for MLP, including some characters and their personalities. So GG would essentially come across as a lesser MLP. Unfortunate, but I think MLP was the only way her GG characters were going to see the light of day.

I think it hurts the characters pretty badly that she decided to use PPG eyes for all of them. Kind of makes it hard to separate the two products.
>>
>>77761099
Evidenly, she's a good artist, but a bad businesswoman.

Quite standard, actually.
>>
>>77761099
Because people get EXACTLY what they fucking deserve.

EXACTLY.
>>
>>77761334
It's because she doesn't want to make a show with them, she just wants a toy line.
>>
>>77761099
can't catch a break? She was put in charge of a crappy cartoon invented purely to sell toys and she turned into the most influential cartoon of the last decade, how much more of a break do you need to catch?

It is a bit of a shame though, I feel like her name should mean enough by now that someone would just grab her show, I mean that's pretty much what happens with people like Hartman, or McFarlen or even her husband.

But she should keep at it, it took the creators of Phineas and Ferb over a decade to get that show green lit but it turned out pretty well for them
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-27-21h49m21s202.png (404KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-27-21h49m21s202.png
404KB, 720x540px
>>77764116
>I think it hurts the characters pretty badly that she decided to use PPG eyes for all of them. Kind of makes it hard to separate the two products.

No! Can you not see? She gave them antennas and roller skates! She's NOT getting sued!
>>
>>77761099
she's dumb
talented, but dumb
those people tend to ruin things for themselves.
>>
At least she still has the game.
>>
>>77761099
I am disappointed that Uranus still hasn't gotten a doll.
>>
File: 1447808852455.jpg (91KB, 237x268px) Image search: [Google]
1447808852455.jpg
91KB, 237x268px
>>77761099
>we'll never see how Medusa would have turned out under her hand
>>
>>77765272
She got taken off the project or was it kill?
Details?
>>
>>77764339
"most influential" for what? , sure it has a big fan base but the show is as bland as an empty canvas
>>
File: Captain Falcon.jpg (33KB, 737x436px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Falcon.jpg
33KB, 737x436px
>>77765015
I still lol
>>
>>77765310
"Creative differences." Same reason Tartakovsky left/was taken off the Popeye feature.
>>
>>77761631
> despite what people say, rainbow horses is mediocre. i mean, its good if youre going into it thinking dora the explorer or something, but it never got a laugh out of me and it seems like the only reason anyone would like it is because they like the, uh... "community"
Cute. It's the same reason people like moe anime.
>>
>>77766003
I'm gonna get a LOT of shit for this, but rainbow horse actually has some merit to it
anime is just fucking trash
>>
>>77764116
So she pulled a Ken Penders, except successfully?
>>
>>77765015
What's that from
>>
File: Mephisto.jpg (61KB, 566x960px) Image search: [Google]
Mephisto.jpg
61KB, 566x960px
>>77761099
Once again:
>Woman surname is Faust
>People are surprise that she keeps getting screwed
Does no one read the fine print?
>>
>>77766570
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.