[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arkham Knight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
This is a story/character discussion only!

If Batman were to somehow return, would Tim turn on him like Jason did for lying about Barbara, locking him up in a cell, and leaving him defenseless against Scarecrow? He seemed kinda agitated in A Flip Of A Coin.

Why does Batman even bother with recruiting sidekicks if he never wants their help? Did he not learn to rely on others back in Origins or City?

Why did Batman decide this would be the one night he should give up? Assuming the Justice League exists in this universe, he must have been through worse.
>>
>>77752391
>would Tim turn on him like Jason did for lying about Barbara, locking him up in a cell

You can get his reaction to that if you talk to him after the Barbara reveal, but before he is kidnapped.
>>
>>77752391
1. I don't think he'd be as crazy as Jason.
2. I think after Jason he relectuantly agreed to bring Tim on and prefers him as an errand boy rather than a full-on partner.
3. After Batman saw what ACTUALLY happened to Jason, he decided he would no longer involve anyone else (except Alfred) in his crusade.
>>
Who cares? It's Tim Drake.
>>
I'd imagine more a split like Bruce and Dick had in the Animated series, that would heal after Tim spread his wings as Red Robin.

>Assuming the Justice League exists in this universe, he must have been through worse.

See, on a slightly different direction, this is why I'm pissed they went with the 'secret identity revealed' path.

I was hoping that now the Arkham series was done, we might get a Justice League game. Especially with the little easter eggs. But now, unless they retcon Knight, or it takes place in the past, BruceBats couldn't be on the team in his traditional role. Shit sucks.
>>
>>77752600

Wait. Why couldn't he? Maybe you could have a part of the plot be bringing Bruce back from the edges of madness, from being Batman 24/7?
>>
I suppose that could sort of work; but Bruce Wayne is effectively ded at this point, and that still really sucks. Nor could he fund much of the League through his wealth, as I doubt Wayne Enterprises is still under his control, even if it still exists as a corporation.
>>
>>77752600
>implying BruceBats couldn't be on the JL while DickBats or AzBats operates in Gotham
>>
File: laughing sir ystin.png (129KB, 159x359px) Image search: [Google]
laughing sir ystin.png
129KB, 159x359px
>>77752768
>Dickbats in Gotham
>other media caring about Dick that much
>>
File: 2saxevd.jpg (129KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2saxevd.jpg
129KB, 1024x576px
What are your expectations for this, /co/? Will these missions be satisfying?
>>
I'd say this game was written by bad fanfiction authors or that they just browsed wikipedia, but even those people would know that Tim x Barbara is fucking retarded.

And I'm far from a TropesvWomen fan... but holy fuck did the writers screw over Oracle. Even if it was temporary, they totally fridged her. And it just came across as a 14 year old writing fanfic trying to be as shocking as possible. I knew it was some Scarecrow bullshit, but that scene was utter crap.
>>
Shit. I forgot that Barbara was rendered even wearing a pendant for the Flying Graysons. So someone at Rocksteady knew what they were doing, but the idiots writing the main story were fucking clueless.

Seriously. Which retarded writer decided to make Tim and Barbara a couple and change the characters?
>>
>>77752391
I was more angry that they dropped the infected Gotham from Arkham City. In Arkham City, Tim explicitly states that there were multiple cases already diagnosed with the Joker's blood, but in Knight, they literally just hand wave it all away. Then they replaced it with deviant art tier OCs for a mostly cringe worthy segment of the game.
>>
>>77753823
If you're playing Flip of a Coin, just mute all the dialogue. It's peppered with constant reminders of Tim x Barbara, and some lame subplot about Tim feeling inferior to Bruce and needing to be his own man.

I also just hate how they use Two-Face as some gimmick villain instead of the true wildcard he can be.
>>
>>77753615
>Mad Hatter
Batmobile track in Wonderland hallucination

>Killer Croc
Battank boss in sewers

>Mr. Freeze
Predator boss in Gothcorp

>Ra's Al Ghul
No idea
>>
>>77753937
>for a mostly cringe worthy segment of the game.

But that was the only good part of the game, and the one that actually felt like a genuine Arkham series experience. Good Joker dialogue, team-up with Tim, and a nice break from the Battank being forced in.
>>
>>77753615
From the leaked achievements, Hatter's will be a repetitive hostage rescue mission, Croc might be a legit boss battle in GCPD, you team with Freeze against the militia, and Ra's will deal more with the fallout in the League of Assassins.
>>
>>77753959
> implying I'm spending another nickel on this shitty game, never mind a two sided half dollar
>>
File: ArkhamKnightDLC1436373453_dlc2.jpg (38KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
ArkhamKnightDLC1436373453_dlc2.jpg
38KB, 500x280px
Actually, morbidly curious, how terribly written is the Batgirl DLC with the shitty Tim x Barbara shit?
>>
>>77753990
I'm not going to knock the part gameplay wise, I'm purely talking about the story and characters. The only really good parts of the section is the Jason hallucinations, Joker's serenade, and the Henry Adams reveal. Christina Bell was only bearable because the dual play predator section, Johnny Charisma was the absolute worst and thank God the Joker replaced him in that scene, and the Goliath was no better, the exchange between him and Charisma was awful in every single way.
>>
>>77754133
Well, they're not dating at that point, so it's not too bad.

It's also worth it for the Starro easter egg.
>>
>>77754133
I'd suggest to just watch a playthrough of it on Youtube, but to summarize it:
>Tim's personality is what you'd expect from Dick
>Babs focussed on the mission while he jokes around
>awkward dialougue when Tim starts to tell Babs something, but drops it
>takes place on Valentine's Day
>Tim says m'lady in a unironic manner
>Harley's ass looks in a latex
>>
File: Wait, what just happened here.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Wait, what just happened here.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>77752391
I still don't understand the true ending....
>>
>>77754302
Bruce is still Batman but is now using the fear toxin on criminal scum
>>
>>77753990
This desu senpai
The Batman and Robin part was the most fun in the game
>>
>Azrael and Hush getting pushed into nothing side stories after being built up in City
>Especially Hush

I wager Dini wanted them in the main story, but whoever took over when he left didn't want that, but gave them side-missions to barely tie up the loose ends
>>
I'm sure the next batman games won't have supporting characters who only exist to get captured by villains so you have to save them.

Tim was pretty cool in arkham city but then he went full on space marine in this one.
Dick is terrible as well since apparently he really can't do much without help
>>
>>77753615
what the fuck happened to croc?
Did he just decide to stop working out

In any case I'm only excited for freeze and ra's
madder hatter is always the same mushroom samba shit
>>
>>77753823
it was pretty badass and I wish they didn't roll back on it.
Made scarecrow a much bigger threat even after the nuke stuff
>>
>>77753888
Its almost like there are different people writing each game
Arkham asylum/Arkham city Babs is thirsty for Bruce
Suddenly she's a teen in Arkham origins
Arkham Knight rolls around and she is basically the same age as Tim and lusting after him.

They should have kept Dini or the guy who wrote Arkham Origins because Call of Duty writer shit the bed something serious here
>>
>>77753959
Two Face was pretty fucking bad in arkham city so that idea probably wouldn't work
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.