[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Harley Quinn from Harley Quinn the same Harley Quinn from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20151125-084654.png (679KB, 661x650px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151125-084654.png
679KB, 661x650px
Is the Harley Quinn from Harley Quinn the same Harley Quinn from New Suicide Squad?
If so, how is she so different?
If no, how are they related?
>>
>>77750736
Story > Continuity. DC don't gotta explain SHIT.

Based Didio
>>
Different universes. One is marvel and one is Darkhorse.
>>
>>77750741
This was already the case even before that stupid mantra.

Hell in fact you could consider the whole New 52 reboot to be story over continuity entirely.
>>
>>77750736
Is she really THAT different? I mean she's still a crazy psychopathic clown in both, no? Only her ongoing plays it more for black comedy at times compared to New Suicide Squad where they play her more seriously and tragic.
>>
>>77750741
Justice League screwed continuity.
>>
>>77750786
The New 52 reboot did that actually.
>>
>>77750794
Well, yeah. Who can forget Blackest Night that survived reboot.
But I meant more, how to say. Superman in Justice League is in blue costume. In his own book, he's in jeans and t-shirt. In Batman/Superman, he's in jeans and t-shirt.
>>
File: padded+rooms+for+a+reason.jpg (106KB, 495x750px) Image search: [Google]
padded+rooms+for+a+reason.jpg
106KB, 495x750px
>>77750736

>Is the Harley Quinn from Harley Quinn the same Harley Quinn from New Suicide Squad?

Yes.

>If so, how is she so different?

She's insane. Clinically, legally insane.

>If no, how are they related?

Same crazy person. The woman thinks her stuffed beaver talks to her.

There's a reason they put her in Arkham.
>>
same character
different writers
Deadshot recently showed up in Harley Quinn
>>
>>77750736
Joker killed the old Harley Quinn. Then he kidnapped and brainwashed another woman to act as a new Harley. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>77751163
>Harley let go by Task Force X after last mission
>Going back to Gotham
>Pass by Coney Island for some reason
>HFW some dumb bimbo took her name and recruited other dumb bimbos to do stupid bimbo shit
>HFW Bimbo Harley had a roadtrip with her bestfriends
>HFW her friends didn't notice how different this Harley acted from her usual self
>>
You could make the argument that Harley in her book is how she perceives herself and Harley in New Suicide Squad is how others perceive her.

It would certainly explain the looney toons qualities of Harley's solo book
>>
>>77750741
Didio has based DC's sales down the toilet.
>>
>>77750833
And here I thought she's in Arkham because of murders. Silly me.
>>
The real question is, why is her solo stuff so bland?
>>
>>77752494
Because it is just poor man's Waypool.
>>
File: Dan_didio.jpg (2KB, 72x107px) Image search: [Google]
Dan_didio.jpg
2KB, 72x107px
Story trumps continuity, anon.
The rules are made up and the points don't matter.
Editorial oversight? What editorial oversight?
The job of an editor is just to collect a check and make up silly names for pointless crossovers.
>>
File: Buckle Up Buckaroo.jpg (68KB, 661x650px) Image search: [Google]
Buckle Up Buckaroo.jpg
68KB, 661x650px
>>77750736
>>
>>77752786
What a sad, sad state DC is in right now.
>>
>>77750736
>New artists?
>new universe!
>new writer?
>new universe!

Basically. Even if it's supposedly the same series and/or the same story arc.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.