[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Every show with a female protagonist has an episode where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 24

File: hqdefault (8).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (8).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>Every show with a female protagonist has an episode where the male best friend becomes/tries to become more masculine
>This is always portrayed as a bad thing, up to and including the character becoming some sort of monster that must be returned to normal

Why is this?
>>
>>77750352

Pandering and keking.
>>
File: 4321423111.jpg (23KB, 297x566px) Image search: [Google]
4321423111.jpg
23KB, 297x566px
it rimes with jucie
>>
>>77750393

...is kek the new Wapanese?
>>
>>77750352
Can you give an example of a show that did this? Because this sounds very specific.
>>
>>77750416
not op but i remember kim possible did this

scientists develop a magic ring that grants +10 str and ron gets his jew hands on it. in the climax he's too buff to fit through a small opening and a rabbi tells him about inner strength and ron takes off the ring
>>
>>77750352
>getting mad over a "just be yourself" story line
>>
Well, it's usually mostly about those male characters having a very misguided idea of what masculinity is, trying to be more "manly" through raw strength and brutish behaviour.
>>
>>77750553
But in real life being myself created more problems than pretending to be something else. Im sick of cartoons lying to kids with their liberal values
>>
>>77750617
That's because you're probably an awful person, but most people aren't anon
>>
>>77750664
>be yourself
>unless you're bad
>>
>>77750617

Depends on the circumstance, but overall it is a valid message: trying too hard to fulfull societal standards will only end in failure.
>>
>>77750352
because usually when this happens they turn into complete assholes thinking that only raw strength makes you manly. You can become masculine without being a piece of shit.

>>77750617
You just might be a shitty person anon. A lot of people aren't and just being themselves works for them.
>>
>>77750682
>>77750693
Maybe so. Pretending to be a nice person causes less problems than being myself who happens to be a very jaded, blunt individual.
>>
>>77750664
>>77750682
>>77750693
Theres no such thing as awful people. Everyone has a decent amount of good in them.
>>
>>77750710
>Everyone
>People cut the heads off children
>everyone
>>
>>77750710
You must be atleast 18 to post on 4chan my sweet naive child.
>>
>>77750617
>But in real life being myself created more problems than pretending to be something else.
I am sorry that you suck as a human being
>Im sick of cartoons lying to kids with their liberal values
Im curious as to how telling kids "don't be a poser" counts as liberal values.
>>
>>77750617
You came to a cartoon message board to rant about politics, so obviously pretending to be something else obviously hasn't remedied the fact that you're a piece of shit either.
>>
>>77750352
Hasn't the female side been done too?
>Tomboy character becomes ultra-feminine or wild girl character becomes refined and fancy
>Portrayed as a bad thing and includes the character becoming a living doll that must return to normal
>>
>>77750782
Id love to hear what a pillar of decency you are irl anonymous.
>>
>>77750352
>Why is this?
The complete destruction of gender roles and emasculation of men in general. Men must be weak-willed, effeminate twigmen. Women can be both tomboyish and feminine and either way it's totally empowering.
>>
>>77750793
The double standard still stands: men should be in constant expiation for being cis-het shitlords and girls ought to not be pretty because that's sexist.
>>
>>77750410
Kek has been a thing since forever.
>>
I think the question OP is trying to raise is why the message of "be a man" is never portrayed in a positive light in cartoons. Like why is the moral of the episode "get a part-time job so you can save your own money and buy a used car, maybe help around the house a bit more"?

Gran Torino did a fucking awesome job with that. Why don't cartoons try it sometime?
>>
>>77750829
What about Lloyd in Space?
>>
>>77750617
>Im sick of cartoons lying to kids with their liberal values
Let me guess: You used to be one of those obnoxious liberals who never shut up about how much they hated religion or whatever. Then, at some point, you decided to switch sides and now you still do the same shit, except you go around making sure everyone knows how much you hate liberals instead of conservatives. Something like that?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-27-09h25m06s728.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-27-09h25m06s728.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Similar example.

Gravity Falls season 2, ep 16.

Dipper tries to get over Wendy by flirting with girls he meets at tourist attractions all over the state. Candy develops a crush on him (because of the newfound confidence he got by chatting up strangers) and contrives to get Dipper to ask her on a date(?). Suddenly all the other girls Dipper has been flirting with show up and demand to know why he's been flirting with all of them ("I thought what we had was special!", "You said you really liked me!", etc). Candy gets her feelings royally hurt and basically calls Dipper an asshole before storming off. After they defeat the monster with "GRL POWR", Dipper gives Candy an apology note saying he was stupid and he's really sorry.

SORRY FOR WHAT?! What the fuck did Dipper do?! He TALKED to girls?! He SAID he was going to call them?! Jesus fucking Christ, kids, don't even think about striking up a friendly conversation with a woman unless you're ready to forsake all further contact with females for the rest of your week. What the hell is this episode teaching young boys about interacting with women?
>>
>>77750829
>"be a man" in a positive light

I was born in the 91 so here's what I can think of off the top of my head. There might be more that I'm missing.

>G.I. Joe
>He Man
>DBZ
>Action Hank from Dexter`s Lab
>Gundam
>Power Rangers
>BTAS
>Cowboy Bebop
>Adventure Time
>Teen Titans
>>
>>77750681
You can't make advice that works for 100% of people. Some people are just to worthless for it to work.
>>
File: S1e6_multi-bear.png (780KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
S1e6_multi-bear.png
780KB, 1366x768px
To be fair it was the funniest episode.
>>
>>77750829
perhaps because the "be a man" injonction is already so omnipresent, there's not much point in beating that dead horse, whereas it might be useful to show its limit and the problems it brings
>>
>>77750885
You shouldn't have used Dipper's example in that episode, you should have used the example with Stan and the spider-woman. And how they let her go and continue to kill men.
>>
>>77750699
That's an euphemistic way of confessing you're an awful person
>>
Generally the moral of those stories is that there's more to being a man than superficial shit like working out. Confidence and strength of character are both more what makes someone a man. While the two can overlap, simply working out doesn't excuse someone for having a poor character. You can be a regular /fit/izen and still be a fucking pussy.
>>
>>77750681
Yes. You have a problem with that philosophy?
>>
>>77750888
Most of those shows are "old" and Adventure Time has been backpedalling really hard with that for the last 2-3 seasons
>>
>>77750927
I'm using Dipper as the example because he's who the younger, more impressionable boys watching will emulate.

I'm also using him because FUCKING WHAT DID HE DO THAT WAS WRONG? Stan's motives were kinda tainted by skeeze.
>>
>>77751058
You shouldn't play around with people's feelings like that in order to boost your own confidence.
>>
>>77750352
It's just a variation on the "just bee urself" storyline. You see it with other kinds as well, like trying to become popular, becoming girlier, joining a frat/club, trying to be a suave lady's man, devoting all your time into being the best at some game, etc.
>>
>>77751091
How did he ever play with their feelings? He was just talking to them about stuff he thought was cool, places he'd been to, stuff the girls were into, you know human stuff. Candy got her expectations all out of whack. If you swapped the genders, Candy would be a "nice guy" and Dipper would be a "strong, independent female who's confident enough to play the field."
>>
>>77751122
Getting phone numbers/emails without ever actually intending on contacting them again is a dick move that gets their hopes up. Candy was being a crazy bitch, though, but Dipper didn't help by just not saying no to the "date."
>>
>>77750396
what does the color puce have to do with anything?
>>
>>77751091
>anon, you gotta put yourself out there and gain experience, if you ever wanna have a qt3.14 gf like everybody else.
>but you also shouldn't go around flirting with girls or talking to them without their consent; that's sexist!
Normalfags carry lives so full of loopholes and contradictions. I honestly don't know how they can pull it off.
>>
>>77750824
It sounds like it's demonizing extreme girliness and extreme masculinity, so it's not a double standard.
>>
>>77751040

Yes.
>>
>>77751203
Not that anon but the problem isn't what Dipper did but how he did it. See >>77751170
>>
>>77750617

I don't know why everyone's attacking you. Truth hurts I guess. I'm not an asshole but I am weird and being myself has rarely awarded me friends. I have to meet people half way and pretend I'm not a freak.
>>
>>77750885
Gravity Falls has passed me off so much lately. Don't even get me started.
>>
>>77750710

There is no such thing as good people. Everyone has a decent amount of awful in them.
>>
>>77751241
Bullshit. He wasn't under any serious obligation to reach out to them via email or phone ever again. If you think otherwise, you're thinking like a nice guy. "H-HEY I WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO CHAT WITH YOU IN LINE AT THE BANK SO WHY AREN'T YOU AGREEING TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND HUH OH I GET IT IT'S BECAUSE YOU LIKE ASSHOLES HUH."

Plus it's not like those girls were losing out in that interaction. They were also learning how to talk to strangers and make connections. But again, if Dipper had given any of them HIS contact info and they didn't follow through, we wouldn't be talking about this. Why is the male obligated to resign himself to monogamous social interactions?
>>
>>77751170
>but Dipper didn't help by just not saying no to the "date."
So you're saying that Candy isn't responsible for her own emotions and that she needs a man to take that into account before interacting with her?

Why can't women take responsibility for their own emotional reactions?
>>
>>77751291
>Why is the male obligated to resign himself to monogamous social interactions?
Because males cannot give birth, so females are the more valuable and worth supporting. Same why it's lions who have big fancy manes and male birds who have the colorful plummage.
>>
>>77751203
There are ways to do it that don't make you look like a asshole. Dipper did it the wrong way and it backfired.
>>
>>77751323
What? If someone asks you out on a date and you don't want to just fucking say no. Saying yes and dragging it out is a dick move, no matter whether it's done by a man or woman.
>>
>>77751338
No matter what way a man does it someone is going to call him an asshole. Are you autistic or can you really not explain the difference between Dippers way and "ways that don't make you look like an asshole"?

>>77751336
>Because males cannot give birth, so females are the more valuable and worth supporting
Gosh what a privilege.
>>
>>77750352
Jews, every single tie it's the jews, anyone got that comic where the liberal ends up saying "pure coincidence"
>>
>>77751291
>tfw I am a nice guy, almost to a fault
>tfw I am awkward as hell and tend to kill conversations and lose friends because if my sense of humor
>tfw I am engaged to my qt3.14
>tfw lots of nerd friends that aren't sperglords that I play 40k, mtg, and dnd with
>tfw full time job with a salary
Being a social autist is no excuse for OP to be buttblasted.
>>
>>77751354
>dragging it out
No idea why you're describing it that way. Dipper is a young man, eager for life experience so when an opportunity for social interaction presented itself, yeah he wanted to see how things would play out. Is that so wrong? Is he an asshole for wanting to live his own life? Candy was wrong to get assblasted over...over...wait what the hell was she even upset over again? That Dipper was "talking" to other girls? That's insane. It would be insane even if they were dating.
>>
>>77751355
Just chat and leave, no one gets pissy over that. You don't have to raise anyone's hopes for future interaction by asking for contact info if you don't want to talk to them later, that's always been a way of saying "I'll contact you later to set up date."
>>
>>77751355
It's not hard to be social and friendly with girls without playing with their emotions. Dipper played their emotions, knew it, but didn't stop. Ask out the girl you like on a date and friend zone the rest. It's not hard.
>>
>>77750699

So you're just a douchebag. Okay.
>>
>>77751381
>nice guy
No, you aren't.

And if you were, women just aren't attracted to "nice guys" because niceness means you're boring.
>>
>>77751411
>Dipper played their emotions
I literally just watched the episode.

He didn't.

Why do people keep saying he did?
>>
>>77751411
>It's not hard to be social and friendly with girls
sasuga chad
>>
>>77751336
>subhuman trash inferior to even scum like niggers
>valuable
>worth supporting ever
>>
>>77751402
It's clear to me now that you have no idea what we're talking about. The picture in >>77750885
where they're all walking away and insulting him is literally the same day he said he met all of them. It's been like 4-6 hours since he said "I'll email you."

Dipper might have had every intention of keeping in contact with a few or even all of them, but they never even gave him the chance. If this had happened to me as a kid, I'd be gay.
>>
>>77750885
So Gravity Falls has fallen?
>>
Is this one of those threads where some anons try to justify the fact that they're probably just shitty people?
>>
>>77751400
The real shit point of this is that Mabel guilt-tripped him to take Candy out on a date when he clearly wasn't interested, and when it was all said and done and they almost got killed by a spider it didn't even ocur to her to walk up to him and go "gee, maybe I shouldn't have pushed you into that date, huh?"
>>
>>77751472
It's just a shitty episode.
>>
>>77751475
Only pathetic people want to justify what they are.
No matter how "shitty" you or others think you are, take pride in what you are.
>>
>>77751458
Men's intrinsic value lies only on the sperm they carry. If women found a way to get pregnant without it, men could well go extinct overnight and no one would notice or care. That's how it is. It's only nature running its course.
>>
>>77751519
And we can finally build artificial wombs to make those worthless subhumans go extinct if men weren't worthless idiots thinking with their dicks.
Killing women would only improve humankind.
>>
>>77751505
>taking pride in something you're born with.
Lie the color of your skin, for example...?
>>
File: 1446423514226.gif (3MB, 1920x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1446423514226.gif
3MB, 1920x1265px
>>77750885
I just didn't like season 2 of Gravity Falls past the first two episodes. It's castrating men for being men and that's unfair

>inb4 MRA

Sometimes men should be allowed to be men. As barbaric and primal as it sounds it's as necessary as masturbating. Men need to be who they are by nature, not by going out and trying to fuck anything with a hole but reassuring their ego and releasing their aggression.
>>
>>77751414
By /co/mblr standards I guess I am. At the end of the day I know im better than you and most people on this board.
>>
>>77751558
Yes. Nothing wrong with being proud of being white no matter how much liberal media tells you it's wrong.
>>
>>77751558
Not him, but taking pride in that is dumb, yes. It's not an accomplishment to be white or black.
>>
File: 1374431210900.png (4KB, 274x274px) Image search: [Google]
1374431210900.png
4KB, 274x274px
>>77751091
>play around with people's feelings

This is the most anti-social observation that someone can give. People chat each other up all the time and harmless flirting is just that. Harmless. The fact that you can't discern between the two is incredible.
>>
>>77751570
>being better than a 4chan board
Gee, what an achievement.
>>
>>77751519
>>77751536
You know, I've always wanted to write a sci-fi book/comicbook about a future where men and women don't get married anymore, they don't raise their kids, they don't even reproduce anymore. All reproduction is done and supervised by the goverment, ultimate population control, basically a society of eternal bachelors and bachelorettes.
>>
>>77751203
Cartoon aren't usually written by people who are good with women. I wouldn't take there advice either way.
>>
>>77751484
Mabel is without fault, she's not a factor within this equation.
>>
>>77751588
>The fact that you can't discern between the two is incredible
Believe me, I didn't ask to be born a guileless autist.
>>
>>77751592
It's called Brave New World.
>>
>>77751592
So... Brave New World?
>>
>>77750885
I'm just so mad how un believable it is for them all to be at the same tourist spot
And I wish I did that as a kid, its better to get your heart "broken" as a kid than to be a antisocial retard
But the GF writers have proven themselves to be the perfect storm of normies and nerds that make really awkward messages in the show
>>
>>77751414
Why am I a douchebag?? Im just weird irl and being myself doesn't get me any friends you shithead. Pretending to not be me, has gotten me farther than being myself has ever done
also he's not me>>77751570
You morons are some of the most backward thinking people on 4chan.
>>
>>77750527
The OP episode of Sabrina. Harvey gets in the school wrestling team, fails and everyone mocks him, Sabrina gives him what basically are magical steroids and becomes better, but soon the magic stuff becomes his drug and he becomes buffer and buffer, then a purple goblin-thing, and then a Godzilla-like monster.
>>
>>77750699
Define "pretending"
People are only nice to each other if it helps them to achieve a goal.
If you can fool idiots (and let's be honest it's not that hard, most people ARE idiots after all) into thinking you're nice, then you are nice.
>>
>>77750527
To be fair, I think that one was more of a "be yourself" moral then a "masculinity is bad" moral.
>>
>>77751621
>>77751628
Basically, but more grounded.

Don't make it the super future, just 50-100 years into it, don't make the entire world work like that, just NA/Europe, don't make the protagonist Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Little bits like that
>>
>>77750948
I have to wonder why working out is considered superficial? Has anyone who has ever made these shitty 'lessons' ever stopped to consider that saying enjoying sports and being in shape actively destroys lives?

How DARE you care about your physical health and have confidence! You should be lazy and let yourself slowly decline in to heavy depression as your body stops being able to operate at peak condition. How dare you form healthy habits early in life rather than waiting till you are an adult to regret being lazy when it's too late to do anything about it?

If you are in shape then you are one of those EVIL WHITE GUY MEAT HEADS!

I mean holy shit. Way to sabotage someone's fucking future because you needed to feel good about yourself by tearing someone down who was trying to improve their lot. That's what's superficial here.
>>
>>77751750
>that saying enjoying sports and being in shape actively destroys lives?
Should be

>That saying enjoying sports and being in shape is bad actively destroys lives
>>
>>77750617
I agree with this. "Just be yourself" is useless and makes you into a bad person.
"Be the person you want to be" is a much better lesson, but cartoons never teach it.
>>
>>77751750
chill
>>
>>77751565
I agree with this. As much as I like the push to release genders of their stereotypes, I think it's gone the other way where people who like and identify with those stereotypes are demonized and shunned. If a girl wants to be a girly-girl, fucking let her. If a guy wants to be a manly-man, fucking let him. The whole idea is to let people be who they want to be, right? Not to shift the paradigm to make a different part of society feel uncomfortable and disillusioned.
>>
File: 75569-004-3B260631.jpg (28KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
75569-004-3B260631.jpg
28KB, 431x450px
>>77750527
>>77750562
>>77750693
>>77751750

>“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
>>
>>77752032
No.

Okay fine. I've just grown tired of people subtly tearing me down lately. I've recently realized how many of these 'beautiful ideals' are really just methods of telling you not to strive or achieve or make yourself in to someone you could be happy looking in the mirror at.

The realization is still new to me so I care more than I should about assholes.
>>
>>77752076
I think it's because those stereotypes have an innate draw for humans.

A fit, strong, confident and capable man will always be attractive to women, no matter what "her type" might be.

It's the same with women.
>>
>>77752148
>It's the same with women.
If that was true, maybe they wouldn't be all worthless subhuman whores.
>>
>>77752076
What if a woman wants to be a manly-man?
>>
>>77751682
>Telling someone to have a nice day when I really don't give a shit
>asking if they are alright if they look down when I just want to be fucking nosy
>give them things only because I want something in return
>compliment them on how they look for brownie points even though they look for awful
>pretending to care about what they are talking about so I wont hurt their little feelings even though they are boring me to tears
>>
>>77752172
That's up to her. But she wont be as attractive to most men.
>>
>MRAs: the Thread
>>
>>77752178
Otherwise known as "working in retail."
>>
>>77752178
No one ever cares how someone's day is or if they are alright.
Hell, most people won't even care if they see a traffic accident.
People just say that to be polite and win the other person over.
Same with everything else.
>>
>>77752202
Fuck off, tumblr.
I hate men just as much as I hate women.
>>
File: 1447736943815.png (55KB, 444x431px) Image search: [Google]
1447736943815.png
55KB, 444x431px
>>77752172
If that's what she wants, then let her. Like I said, the point is to let people be whoever they want to be, because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. If you want to date a manly-man woman, then you can date her. If not, she'll find somebody else.

Like they say in the BDSM community, for every dom, there is a sub.
>>
File: 1375110563701.gif (285KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1375110563701.gif
285KB, 200x150px
>>77752178
>smiling and laughing to your colleague's story
>the story they've already told you 6-7 times before
>>
File: 1399635885789.jpg (229KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1399635885789.jpg
229KB, 850x850px
>>77752237
/co/, we really need to have a talk about the importance of 'small talk' one of these days. This kind of sedate, mid-level interaction may seem petty, but it's rather important for deeper underlying social reasons. Truly caring about the other person isn't what it's about.

Granted it's a bit hard to enjoy this level of socializing when anyone speaking to you causes you a jolt of primal fear.
>>
>>77752346
>jolt of primal fear
More like annoyance. Sometimes I want to stab someone in the tongue so they could finally shut up.
>>
File: mizuki eyes.gif (104KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
mizuki eyes.gif
104KB, 500x370px
>Its a boys vs girls episode
>Boys and girls get gender swaped.
>>
>>77752381
This. Fuck small talk.
>>
File: 4chumblr.png (167KB, 500x639px) Image search: [Google]
4chumblr.png
167KB, 500x639px
>>77752441
>Its a boys vs girls thread

>anons turn into tumblerinas, and tumblerinas turn into anons.
>>
>>77752447
>>77752381
Maybe you should try having smalltalk with people you actually like?
>>
>>77752580
The only people I like are compliant, quiet and shut up exactly when I tell them to without getting all offended or ignoring me.
They're a rarity.
>>
>>77752613
I can taste how miserable you are from here.
>>
>>77752637
Hard not to be miserable when you can't make annoyances shut up without making the things work.
>>
File: 1425670088182.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1425670088182.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>77752659
*worse
What the fuck? How did I make that mistake?
>>
>>77752659
Kind of your fault for being incapable of seeing the value in anyone who isn't you, isn't it?
>>
>>77752703
Not really. Maybe if other people cared about someone other than themselves, they'd notice that I don't want to fucking hear their voices.
>>
>>77752720
Isn't that a catch 22 you've built yourself there, champ?

You don't care about hearing them because they don't care about you, and why should they care about you if you don't care about them?
>>
>>77751040
It's 50% hypocrisy and 50% marketing for some shitty product that is supposed to make you feel better about yourself.
>>
>>77752761
Maybe I'd care if they weren't annoying me?
>>
>>77750617
I feel bad for you anon, but as you can see from the responses, everyone is a hypocrite.

>>77750664
>>77750693
Are you yourselves right now?
>>
>>77751536
Sure is redpill/9k/ in here
>>
>>77751917
This gigga gets it.
>>
>>77752781
But you define annoyance as anyone who comes near you, talks to you at all, or notices you in any way.
>>
>>77751570
Yet you're still on 4chan.
>>
>>77752829
What are social cues for?
If people cared about anything other than their own voices, they'd notice this particular conversation is not very interesting to me and I'm only quiet because saying "shut the fuck up" would be rude.
>>
>>77752815
I hate /r9k/, senpai.
They're just bitter idiot nerds. What I want is the betterment of humanity, and women and lesser races are standing in its way.
>>
>>77750885
That women are cunts
>>
File: feels good man.jpg (217KB, 1396x446px) Image search: [Google]
feels good man.jpg
217KB, 1396x446px
>>77752852
To be honest, you being sad and angry makes me happy.
>>
>>77750889
Spoken like a true /pol/tard
>>
>>77752852
But from what you've said, this seems like every conversation is that way to you.

Thus I say catch 22. There's no way for anyone to win in your book. You've built a situation where the only way to successfully socialize with you is to ignore you in all circumstances. Meaning you might as well not exist and it wouldn't make a difference.
>>
>>77752613
>The shut up when I tell them to
Gee, don't you sound like a great guy?
>>
>>77752912
Not all conversations, but many are indeed pointless and I'd rather that person be quiet or at least talk about something I care.
>>77752922
I don't care desu senpai
>>
>>77750416
Aforementioned Kim Possible.
An episodr of Sabrina has Harvey using magical steroids to join the school wrestling team.
Pic related is The Little Mermaid's Flounder as a werefish.
There's lots more. It's pretty much a given in a show with a female protag. It's weird that they care about his masculinity at all.
>>
>>77750617
Technically that's a conservative value.
>>
>>77750699
>being myself who happens to be a very jaded, blunt individual.
Oh, you're autistic.
>>
>>77750828
It's meaning seems to have changed recently.
>>
File: Atlantischer_Lachs.jpg (92KB, 800x317px) Image search: [Google]
Atlantischer_Lachs.jpg
92KB, 800x317px
>>77750352
>the moral of the story always is
>"don't take roids, you dumb shit, your friends actually like you the way you are and within the confines of the story, there is no new social circle you could join by changing anyway."
>>
File: hahh.jpg (180KB, 939x623px) Image search: [Google]
hahh.jpg
180KB, 939x623px
>>77752949
>I'd rather that person be quiet or at least talk about something I care.

Man, this is almost a textbook definition of autism.

You are the problem, not the others.
>>
>>77753099
>le autism meme
Well, excuse me for not caring about some idiot's/bitch's uninteresting yapping.
>>
>>77752949
That's the problem though, isn't it? Everything is centered around you and you only. Only you have value, according to you. So everyone should only talk about what interests you.

I admit, you were right. The 'be yourself' advice really didn't work out for you because you're just an asshole.

That said, BE YOURSELF and YOUR FRIENDS SHOULD ACCEPT YOU FOR YOU is horse shit in a general sense. Society is built on a foundation of giving a little ground till everyone has a little space of their own. People compromise a bit for you and you do the same in return. Everyone gets a turn and a chance to do what they like most. I could also throw in some shit about broadening horizons and enjoying mutual company for the sake of it, but you get the point.
>>
>>77753010
And some people fly into blind rages. You make it sound as if autistic reactions are the worst thing a neurotypical person would have to deal with.

The idea that everyone should always treat you with 100% perfect consideration even if they're literally incapable of reading your body language is toxic as fuck. It's not actually a good reason to treat someone as subhuman and I wish people with that expectation were called out more often.
>>
>>77753124
You don't deny it, then?
>>
>>77753155
When they're talking to me? Yes, they should talking about something that's interesting to me. Same as if I wanted to talk to them, I'd talk about something they find interesting instead of trying to bore them to death. That's common courtesy.
>>
>>77753158
Autism AND tumblr.
>>
>>77753124
Careful, you might hurt yourself with all that edge.
>>
>>77753183
Except the situation is more complicated than you're trying to make it. Sometimes you have to put up with what they want to chat about. Sometimes they should put up with what you want to chat about. Your way has no way of deciding when the topic should be about what, and frankly you don't sound like the type of person who would initiate a conversation either. So the scenario becomes..

They have to come up and chat to you about what you like chatting about. You will then go to chat to them about what they like, but you won't do that regardless. Meaning the only conversation that happens is one you personally deign acceptable.

You're a shitbag, but I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.
>>
>>77752172
I think people are going to be thrown for a huge loop in the next few years if the biotech boom that we've been told is coming, actually comes. It's going to make tattoos and piercings look like facepaint at the county fair.
>>
>>77753186
>I am fixated on how you're offending me with your contradictory argument
No u
>>
>>77753282
It will be a delicious disaster.
>>
>>77753323
>special snowflake
>contradictory argument
>>
>>77753124
psssh...nothin personnel...kid...
>>
File: 1442588954309.jpg (147KB, 877x509px) Image search: [Google]
1442588954309.jpg
147KB, 877x509px
>>77753124
Not even a meme, you are acting like a real autistic person, you have a mental condition anon.

Thats why no one likes you. You will probably feel safe on rk9.
>>
>>77753282
>I think people are going to be thrown for a huge loop in the next few years
Not really. Most people are perfectly fine with who they are and don't have a mental illness that makes them want to go against their nature.
>>
>>77753509
Why should I feel safe around pathetic idiots who can't shut up about their worthless miserable "lives"?
They're the reason I don't like people in the first place.
>>
>>77752346
>small talk
What an Amerikanischer thing to do.
>>
File: jjj.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
jjj.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
>>77753569
>Why should I feel safe around pathetic idiots who can't shut up about their worthless miserable "lives"?

Because you are like them.

You came here, and is just spending time talking about how your life is miserable, and how it is all other people fault.

Fucking kek, you are a typical rk9.
>>
File: AWAKEN MY MASTERS.jpg (90KB, 322x457px) Image search: [Google]
AWAKEN MY MASTERS.jpg
90KB, 322x457px
>>77750948
The problem is that these shows never show any sort of happy balance or compromise.

If a wimpy character becomes TOO BURLY and learns that there's more to life than leaving humanity behind, he goes back to being wimpy and nothing else. No lifting weights, no picking up sports, no going for jogs or whatever.

Yeah, you could say that stuff falls outside the scope of the story, but at the end of the day, it leaves it looking like a black-and-white dichotomy.
>>
File: awaken my gains.jpg (187KB, 825x886px) Image search: [Google]
awaken my gains.jpg
187KB, 825x886px
>>77753803
Jojo inspired me to get back to get /fit/ again and be better than before
>>
File: inner self.jpg (128KB, 801x600px) Image search: [Google]
inner self.jpg
128KB, 801x600px
>>77751170
>Getting phone numbers/emails without ever actually intending on contacting them again is a dick move that gets their hopes up.

No it's not. There's literally nothing dickish about that in the real world.

You're not obligated to a date or a relationship just because of some flirting or an exchange of numbers, and that goes for girls and guys.
>>
>>77753803
>not being a fit wimp
>>
>>77751381
Anon, you ever watch Smash It Sam?

Just because you are a nice guy doesn't mean you are a "nice guy."
>>
>>77753754
I'm nothing like them.
Their issues could easily be solved if they weren't idiots. Mine if everyone else wasn't an idiot.
>>
>>77750416
Kim Possible
Buffy the vampire slayer
Any show starring a woman or is basically sold to women and has a lot of women on the cast.
I mean, name a series.

Being traditionally male, finding women attractive and taking steps to talk to them and not being down when they blow us off or being a thirsty pussy who'll eternally pine after her, being confident and not an easily manipulated punching bag.
That's bad.
Being a "nice guy" and easily manipulated wimp that they women choose is putting women in a position of power and men at a disadvantage. It's also leaving the vast majority of traditionally feminine women and men out in the cold in terms of stories.
Why? Cause creepy ass manipulative weird fucks snuck into that media and started brainfucking everyone.

Look at AT.
Little boys don't like that shit and little girls are skeeved out by it. That's all adults.
>>
>>77753911
Okay, I admit it was good bait, but it's getting old now
>>
>>77754053
>opinions I disagree with are bait
>>
I wonder if it's a "men aren't all fun and games and they have a dark side" kind of deal?
Why not have a real treatment of how a boy would want to do something traditional masculine that she honestly doesn't understand and have her be supportive, or try to join him but screws up and he helps her or they come to an understanding and it's left at that.
Like..what if the geeky male friend actually wants to go out for the football team and he stops hanging out for a while and actually DOES make it. What if he actually starts talking to girls too?
Will the show take steps to enforce the status quo and demonize this change or will they create a new status quo.
Or will they push this story off on some character who's like the geeky male cast member.
>>
File: ein fick wurde gegeben.jpg (6KB, 289x258px) Image search: [Google]
ein fick wurde gegeben.jpg
6KB, 289x258px
>>77753917
>Any show starring a woman or is basically sold to women and has a lot of women on the cast.

Why are you even still alive? Aren't the cooties transmitted through girl's shows fatal to people like you?
>>
>>77753917
>>
>>77753399
If I put you under and open you up, will all I find be buzzwords?
>>
>>77753510
>Most people are perfectly fine with who they are and don't have a mental illness that makes them want to go against their nature.
Oh boy. You're one of them. Voting against you in about two decades is going to be a blast.
>>
>>77754167
The fuck are you talking about you idiot?
Are you upset that I actually stated that shows can be aimed at and created for a female audience?

>>77754368
When Aang was taught fire by that master fire bender in the swamps. They not only demonized his EBUL masculine behavior but, made sokka, you know the slightly traditionally male character the "hero" in that and said fire master lionized katarra the water bender for her healing and wanted that power.
Best part?
The show itself SPAT on that power and that whole message by turning it into an innately female thing and thus bad thing for a cheap gurl powah moment later.
>>
>>77754762
>When Aang was taught fire by that master fire bender in the swamps. They not only demonized his EBUL masculine behavior but, made sokka, you know the slightly traditionally male character the "hero" in that and said fire master lionized katarra the water bender for her healing and wanted that power.
It had nothing to do with gender, just fire as a destruction force and water as a life source.

Stop projecting.
>>
>>77750416
Pepper ann
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.