[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"I think Captain America is perfectly able to defeat Iron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: 2714.png (232KB, 950x450px) Image search: [Google]
2714.png
232KB, 950x450px
"I think Captain America is perfectly able to defeat Iron Man in a one-versus-one brawl, but not by punching his metal helmet with his bare hands.

I like to believe Iron Man would have the upper hand with all the protection and firepower his armor gives, but if I learned something about comics is no armor beats plot armor."
>>
>>77749326
>"Well, really... what did you expect?"
Not for his left hand to break from a punch with his right, that's for sure.
>>
>>77749326
Ironically, thanks to the shield, Steve actually has the highest defense on the team. He can tank Tony's attacks all day.
>>
>>77749444
The shield doesn't protect from all sides. How will he block missiles coming from 3 different directions at the same time?
>>
>>77749490
Spin really fast?
>>
>>77749490
Peak human agility, speed and reaction time?
>>
>>77749326
The fuck is up with caps head in the first panel?
>>
>>77749490
By bouncing his shield off the missiles in a ridiculous ricochet attack.
>>
>>77749522
Peak humans are not demigods, they're Olympic athletes.

>>77749444
Cap's shield is bullshit, it goes against the laws of physics without any other explanation than "well it's a really good material".
>>
>>77749585
Peak humans typically excel/peak at one thing or another. In comics peak humans excel at everything. That's just demigod status.
>>
>>77749515
Not instantaneous.

>>77749522
Peak human agility, speed and reaction time are actually pretty slow for things like missiles, bullets, etc. He could be good against knifes and stones.
>>
>>77749343
Underrated.
>>
>>77749572
That could work (in the ridiculous ricochets he always do) but them he would be engulfed in a ball of fire capable of leveling multiple blocks... that's where his plot armor have to enter in action so he leaves the explosion without a single scratch when in reality he would be lucky to still have carbonized bones.
>>
>>77749490
Missiles are slower than bullets. Missiles don't tend to just appear 3 feet away from him either.
>>
File: Dissapointed Slippy.png (26KB, 403x280px) Image search: [Google]
Dissapointed Slippy.png
26KB, 403x280px
>>77749326
>Nerf now
>>
File: riddler.png (293KB, 391x313px) Image search: [Google]
riddler.png
293KB, 391x313px
>>77749643
>see faster
>>
>>77749599
I understood that's how the super soldier serum worked?
An Olympic athlete excels at one thing only thanks to a lifetime of training pushing their body to the absolute limit.
The super soldier serum pushes you to Olympic athlete levels in every discipline.

So while technically not superhuman as it's all within the limits of a human being, still impossible for any normal human to achieve.
>>
>>77749687
You don't think that is demi-god status? Isn't that pretty much what Hercules/Heracles is in Greek myths?
>>
>>77749687
That's how it works in THEORY, but we see Cap make things way above what the human body is capable of, even at it's peak on every aspect.
>>
>>77749643
Missile speeds would be between mach 2.5 to mach 6 without counting electromagnetic launching that could make it mach 10
>>
>>77749712
Hercules could change geography with a kick. He was Popeye without the addiction to green herbs.
>>
>>77749721
Fine, missiles are still significantly larger and easier to spot from further away.
>>
>>77749627
That's not how missiles work
>>
>>77749687
>The super soldier serum pushes you to Olympic athlete levels in every discipline.
But that's still bullshit because a peak human in every discipline would still have limits? "I see faster than bullets" is laughable, not even a Street Fighter pro on cocaine would be able to do that, (whatever "seeing faster" means).

I'm fine with the Hulk and his gamma ray bullshit explanation, but considering Cap as "peak human" is stupid.
>>
>>77749732
Not at first and he was always a demigod. His feats increased over time, but even at early stages he was still considered a demigod.
>>
>>77749732
Didn't he hold the earth for Atlas for awhile?
>>
>>77749661
He probably means that he's able to recognize and respond to things a lot faster than a normal person, as well as his vision actually being able to pick up things like bullets moving at the speed of sound. But he's gotten sick of explaining it over the years so he just shortens it to "see faster", it's not like the average person would know that's bullshit.
>>
>>77749721
> mach 10
Holy shit? TIL
So according to google bullets reach 800 mph, missiles can be TEN times faster than that?!
>>
>>77749768
Real world missiles yes but not fiction missiles. Those are always slow as shit. So someone like Cap could actually respond to them.
>>
>>77749737
And still can level entire blocks. The thing is that Cap survives to anything by putting his shield on the way but realistically speaking he would be toasted by the irradiation heat or killed by the shockwave but these are comics, neither the writers nor the readers care about this kind of things.
>>
>>77749737
Not him, not even know if he is right, but if he is, match 6 is something like 7000 km/h, I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to see a house going this fast
>>
>>77749522
Most infantry launched AT missiles are barely subsonic. If that is what we assume for Iron Man's missiles, then for the kind of combat ranges that we see in most action movies, cap will have a fraction of a second to detect that the missile has been fired, determine its trajectory (which is not fixed at launch), and act. That is simply not possible with peak human abilities. For comparison, with a lot of training, a human with good speed and reflexes can catch an arrow in mid-air, but only if shot from a half-drawn bow. It is beyond human capabilities to catch an arrow moving at a third of the speed of an anti-tank missile, much less move your body out of the way and entirely dodge it at close range. Furthermore, many munitions for use against lightly armoured targets have timed fuses to trigger detonation at or around the expected point of impact, either for full HE or more likely to unleash a barrage of tungsten pellets with speed and mass comparable to rifle bullets.
>>
>>77749779
Except it has be said repeatedly that the shield absorbs shit.
>>
>>77749768
That is potentially. I don't think we have a weapon using this technology yet but we have been working on it. Stark have technology way more advanced than this so this should be something he can project in 5 minutes while drunk.
>>
>>77749779
>neither the writers nor the readers care about this kind of things.
Well it isn't any different from the Ripple asspulls in JoJo then, except that nobody ever tries to rationalize Ripple asspulls in JoJo like >>77749796
>>
>>77749326
ITT faggots who can't do a single pull up discuss what is and what isn't possible for an Olympic level athlete.

Cap is super human. Get over it.
>>
>>77749796
The shield is not omnipresent. That's my point. It protects only from things coming in one direction in a limited radius. You would end with everything carbonized except the portion behind the shield.
>>
File: Incorrect.jpg (26KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
Incorrect.jpg
26KB, 500x312px
>>77749326
>No red stripes
>>
>>77749826
Does the shield have a name? It should be called Plot
>>
File: url.jpg (68KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
68KB, 690x388px
>>77749816
Who are you calling a fag?
>>
>>77749643
>Missiles are slower than bullets.
In video games, maybe.
>>
>>77749326
Why did they go cap vs iron mang though?

It should be iron nuts vs thor, there's no way tinnie is stupid enough to think what he wants is a good idea compared to what captain fatclapper is aiming for.

>we wan kill loki
>I'd prefer it if u dinnae do that, mortal
>WAAAAGH

At the very least it should be over something like killing bruce banner before he becomes a threat.
>>
Just like Batman is not normally capable of fisticuffing a much stronger opponent
movies operate on what is more exciting to watch so yeah in the MCU Cap can hang with Ultron and Iron Man
>>
File: the what now.png (345KB, 596x246px) Image search: [Google]
the what now.png
345KB, 596x246px
>>77749907
Are you having a sroke?
>>
>>77749585
>super hero breaks laws of physics
kay
>>
>>77749907
This is a millennial.
>>
>>77749946
It's the rational justification that irks me, not the fact he breaks physics.
>>
You guys know MovieCap is certifiably superhuman, right? He's shown many times doing stuff that is well beyond even the sketchy "peak human" definition.

You sound like how all the old people reacted when they first heard about Batman v Superman. "Lol whippersnappers how can Batman beat Superman he ain't got no daggum powers!!"
>>
>>77749343
well damn
>>
>>77749326
>no armor beats plot armor
Then the solution is simple.
Tony has to fight Steve in nothing more than a t-shirt.
>>
File: cwp_03_19.jpg (206KB, 700x1090px) Image search: [Google]
cwp_03_19.jpg
206KB, 700x1090px
>>
File: cwp_04_04.jpg (176KB, 700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
cwp_04_04.jpg
176KB, 700x1100px
>>77750720
>>
>>77750720
>>77750722
>Tfw you know no event will ever spawn as many parodies as Civil War
>>
>>77749522
>peakhuman
SUPERHUMAN
SUPER. Fuck you for triggering my autistic jimmies.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.