[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We are Robin Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 25

Better than last weeks issue in my opinion.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Consistent book but I feel like it would really benefit from more character driven issues, like #4. I feel like they jumped into battling big crooks a little too fast.
>>
I really like the epilogue art... I kinda want that to be the art for the whole of the issue...
>>
>>77744265
I like the regular art but the fill in artists have all been cool. Really hoping the robin war issue isn't all about Tim and Jason though.
>>
>>77744265
This is like the only book in existence where the fill in art is better than the regular art. Regular art is still good though.
>>
>>77744491
It's the comic equal to when you get murdered on your own shit on a track
>>
>>77742382
kek
>>
>>77743504

I feel the same way. It's not amazing but it feels like it's a real diamond in the rough. Issue 4 was fantastic and I'm really hoping for more issues like it.
>>
>>77743504
>>77745453
It's a catch 22. Building characters is slow and sure to drive off comic readers, even if it's the best thing for a book with new characters. People won't care about the action with bland characters though. I think the balancing act so far is good though and hope Robin War catches some readers from other books.
>>
>>77745671
I think the main reason he had to focus on plot is because they were going to do this robin war crossover in December and had a checklist of things to do before it.
>>
Alfred looks really cool in this
>>
>>77742027
Wait, what? You're telling me that this entire time the red stuff on the sickle was supposed to be BLOOD?! Jesus christ get this fucking colorist outta here.
>>
I decided to read through this series because of the hype surrounding Robin War. I came out of it feeling almost nothing. It's not great, but it's also not terrible. I think it'll probably be worth reading the storytimes when they get posted, but I doubt I'll be going out to buy the TPBs
>>
>>77746814
I think it's been pretty great so far. I buy it every month
>>
>>77745671
I think it struggled to really establish the cast outside of Duke in the first few issues, but it's getting better. But yeah, just throwing around action scenes does nothing if you can't at least establish some sort of personality for the characters (see: Red Hood and the Outlaws on how not to write an action-oriented team book)
>>
>>77746872
Same. I liked 1-4 better though. This issue seems better than 5 to me though.
>>
>>77746915
The lack of characterisation in the beginning for the new guys was on purpose according to an interview. Put you in Dukes head and meet the robin's at the same speed he does. It was also to put a spin on troys death. How affected are you supposed to be by a guy you barely know dying? Doing the same thing you are?
>>
>>77746963
Lazy storytelling imo. Especially in light of how great issue 4 is.
>>
>>77747000
>Yeah, it's part of what I'm trying to do. It's a bit more of a slow burn in terms of getting to know the different members of the team. The next issue focuses on Riko, and you get to know her a lot better. There's quite a bit of the social media aspect as well.

> We're going to get a lot of information in the next issue. Certainly, by issue #6, you're going to get to know these other characters a lot better. You're going to learn where they're coming from, and you'll learn a lot more about their home lives.

>I think the temptation, when you do team books, is to overload people with information about them, and it passes for characterization, as opposed to kind of letting people learn about the characters through story. And that's what I'm hoping to accomplish here. As the story I'm telling moves forward, it gives me opportunities that really do reveal little bits and pieces about these kids' lives.

>The fact that a character can die also emphasizes, hopefully, that anything can happen in this story. Even though we're just starting to get to know these characters, at the same time, if you look at it from Duke's perspective, you know, he didn't really know who this guy Troy was. He still essentially lost someone very quickly.

I can't comment on the laziness cause that's opinion but it was done on purpose at least.

Source: http://www.newsarama.com/25912-we-are-robin-artist-breaks-down-the-mystery-organizer-and-the-nest-reveal-spoilers.html
>>
>>77742273
>>77742351
>>77742382

Bruce?
>>
>>77747359
It looks like Hugo Strange.

I feel like it's probably a Robin. My money's on Tim. Dick is busy, Jason wouldn't give a shit, and Damian's too young.
>>
>>77747559
Probably Alfred
>>
File: lAZ1L.gif (1MB, 200x112px) Image search: [Google]
lAZ1L.gif
1MB, 200x112px
>When most of the shit taste posts are gone.
>>
>>77747559
We already know it's Alfred? Is this your first issue?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.