[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This guy has the most broken powers in the entire MCU. Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 13

This guy has the most broken powers in the entire MCU. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>77740397

Thanos is stronger than that scrawny Britbong fuck

Ultron would rip his ass in half
>>
Why would I want to prove you wrong

It's kind of the point, that he has these ridiculous powers but only uses it for petty shit and messing with Jessica
>>
>>77740422
that's not what OP said
he said broken
as in "the writers are hack"
knowyourbait
>>
I'm on episode 12 and haven't seen how it ends, but it seems to me like a sufficiently strong-willed/powerful person can just tell Killgrave to go fuck himself. So, he would have trouble telling Cap or Thor what to do.
>>
>>77740397
anyone whose will is strong enough can resist him. hell doom jacked his powers up to the point doom used them to take over the world. when kilgrave was pissed about doom doing it and saying he should be ruling. doom undoes his mask walks into the cage where kilgrave is kilgrave tries orderhiming around and nothing is happening then doom puts his mask back on and tells kilgrave "who has the right to rule now kilgrave" and kilgrave is there in the cage curled up in the fetal position
>>
I'm kind of mad that they pussed out on the 'Stop Breathing' scene from Alias.
>>
File: Leo-Fitz-Sunglasses-S3E1.jpg (327KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Leo-Fitz-Sunglasses-S3E1.jpg
327KB, 1280x720px
>>77740397
The only thing broken about him is his neck
>>
>>77740453
Nigga what? Thatts not what"broken" means at all.
>>
File: David_Tennant_s_top_ten.jpg (26KB, 620x374px) Image search: [Google]
David_Tennant_s_top_ten.jpg
26KB, 620x374px
>>77740397
The Doctor has always been broken as fuck
>>
File: Carlos.png (147KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.png
147KB, 425x282px
>>77741281
>>
File: Whofags.png (7KB, 479x146px) Image search: [Google]
Whofags.png
7KB, 479x146px
>>77741353
>The Doctor

always somebody has to bring this shit up

Jesus Christ, not every fucking conversation has to be derailed by Doctor Who bullshit

WE GET IT, YOU LIKE THE SHOW
>>
>>77741388
>WE GET IT, YOU LIKE THE SHOW
akchually I don't but I like bringing it up because there's always someone who gets mad.
>>
>>77740397
Can Vision mind control people?

If so, then he's got the same powers plus Thor-tier strength and flight. He's probably too nice to use mind control, though.
>>
>>77740397
What kinda lame-ass name is Purple Man anyway?
>>
>>77740397
I don't think they're neccesarily broken they're just not explained very well , same for jessica ,her powers seem to vary from episode to episode.

It's still a great series with some brilliant acting from tennant but it's far from perfect.
>>
>>77741668

I don't think it was intended to be a name like Batman

he was referred to as "the purple man" because of his skin
>>
>>77740421
what has Thanos done so far
>>
>>77741668
>What kinda lame-ass name is Kevin Thompson anyway?
>>
>>77741807
Apparently casually handed out one of the single most powerful items in the universe to someone whose track record consisted and still consists exclusively of betraying and failing everyone.

So either he's so stupid, that he is no threat whatsoever.
Or he is so powerful, that they're going to need the Sorcerer Supreme and then some.
>>
>>77741789
>>77741808
I mean it's like Spider-man naming himself Red-and-blue-man or Batman being Black Man.
>>
>>77740397

The real stupid thing about Kilgrave is, given the timeline presented in Jessica Jones, he predates literally every metahuman but Cap.

What the fuck was SHIELD/Hydra doing? Surely they would have noticed this motherfucker.
>>
>>77741949

No, that's what I'm saying, it's NOT supposed to be a name

they called him purple because he was

He didn't go around under the alter ego of Purple Man or something
>>
>>77741949
Not that much though, as the colour purple (to some degree) defines his power too.
In some versions of the character, the fact that his skin is that particular shade of purple, is part of why people are compelled to obey him. It's supposed to be a hypnotic colour. So it's both in a way a definition of his power set (like Spiders for Spider-Man) and an icon of something he has a mild visual-obsession with (like Bats for Batman).
>>
>>77740397

They're good at fucking over mere mortals but he couldn't control anyone with immunity to diseases like any Asgardian, probably Cap too, the Hulk, Vision, and if it's accurate to the comics anyone with psychic powers can't be controlled either.

So no. He's broken as hell at the street level, but the Avengers would flatten him in two seconds.
>>
File: what.jpg (31KB, 550x333px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
31KB, 550x333px
>>77741999
>>
>>77740397
Why does Tennant play a villian in everything he's in?

>inb4 shipfags try to argue the 10th Doctor was a hero
>>
>>77741989
>>77741999
In ancient Rome, only senators were allowed to wear purple clothes. It was a sign of their authority. Purple is a royal colour: the colour of command and authority.
... but this is rationalizing. He was the Purple Man in the comics because it was easy to draw an average guy and just colour him a single shade of pantone purple.
>>
>>77742065
> everything
count again, I don't think you even looked.
>>
>>77742065
>the Doctor
>a hero

This is what Tumblr actually believes
>>
>>77740453
Er, no.
"Broken" as in "the full caster classes in D&D 3.5 are broken". Meaning: overpowered in comparison to other classes.
In this show's case, overpowered in comparison to the entire MCU hero roster, and way overpowered when against Jessica Jones cast.

However: he has Michaelangelo syndrome. He is enormously talented, but does not give enough of a shit to apply it to it's full extent. He doesn't have to. Nobody bothers him, people give him everything he wants with no argument. If he had enough ethics to not constantly murder people, then he wouldn't have even been a person of interest.

He
>>
It's actually not a video game so powers can't be broken.
>>
File: 1429672181005.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1429672181005.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>77742475

>He didn't play Jessica Jones: The Game on PS4
>>
>>77740548
With further enhancement he probably could
>>
>>77742600

He'd never be able to control Thor. No earthy viruses affect Asgardians.
>>
>>77740397
would it have killed them to just give him lightly, realistically purple skin? just as if he didnt get good skin oxygenation or something? Not like 5 hours in the makeup chair, just a different color of the normal makeup he puts on anyway
>>
>>77740397
Literally worst villain ever, he can't even quip good
>>
File: nude tayne.png (102KB, 421x234px) Image search: [Google]
nude tayne.png
102KB, 421x234px
>>77742956
>try to look up purple skin/face
>no good results
>google suggest purple face disease
>>
>>77741807
Located 4 stones without anyone even realizing his name.
>>
>>77740397
Pym Particles can instantly destroy any matter in the universe. They can shrink things infinitely small, and effectively delete them from reality.
>>
>>77742065
Wasn't he a cop in Broadchurch?
>>
>>77741958
>Surely they would have noticed this motherfucker.
Kilgrave went out of his way to cover up his tracks. This is mentioned several times throughout the show.
>>
>>77741958
He lives under the radar. Everything he does isn't gonna attract a lot of attention and he hated being recorded.

I mean, if you had the power to force anyone to submit to verbal commands, you can coast off. Everyday you can shack up in somebody else's house. You never have to pay for anything and will always have food, clothes, shelter, electricity, running water, TV, Internet, etc.

So long as you don't raise too much attention, nobody will pick up on you.
>>
>Have mind control powers
>Decide to waste them on tfw no gf

This is what 95% of you autists would use it on.
>>
>>77745120
What would use it for?
>>
>>77745019
Yes, and he reprised the role in Gracepoint. The character was kind of a dick, but fundamentally a good guy.

He's also the Fugitoid in the new TMNT cartoon.
>>
>>77740397
Yes.

But he's also a small, petty wimp of a man.

That's the point of his character. A small man, worthless in every way conceivable, who needs that power to make himself feel good, no matter what harm it causes other people.

A classic abuser.
>>
why is there so much shilling of this show?
>>
>>77745017
This. Dare you doubt the power of ANTS, OP?
>>
>>77747081
It's not shilling it's just how the awkward Netflix release schedule goes. With Flash/Gotham/AoS/etc the threads are fairly contained around the weekly episode releases of the show, but with Netflix there's no "okay guys this show is on, discuss" timeslot.
>>
>>77747131
just make a general, but then i remember /co/ is retarded, and shills will spam anyways
>>
File: shutthefookup.png (441KB, 633x538px) Image search: [Google]
shutthefookup.png
441KB, 633x538px
>>77741388
>>
>>77740548
Or anyone wearing earplugs.
>>
>>77747209
His power isn't verbal-based, it's just the simplest way to give someone commands is through talking. He could find a way to get around earplugs if needed, he just hasn't had the need.
>>
>>77740548
Spidey would probably be fucked though.
>>
He has that power too
>>
>>77741958
His power is literally to make people do what he says. He could just say 'Forget I was ever here', and he's done.

You could argue that since his power doesn't last forever that should leave a time limit on the memory, but how can you remember something that no longer exists?

Despite that however, if he destroys every trace of his existence - he's very eager to have tapes of him destroyed and has the only copy of his parents research - and someone DOES remember he exists...who's gonna believe them? You saw the interview scene. People made up crazy shit that wasn't Killgrave. A mind controlling man is just background noise unless you're actively looking for it.

That being said there are other metahumans. Bucky as Winter Soldier would count, since I doubt he's not been upgraded by HYDRA. Which is another example of a cape existing but not being in the public eye. He was a myth in the espionage field. Not a real threat, but a myth. It was the spy community version of the loch ness monster.

Nuke, if they're going to follow the comics, is something like the seventh or eighth attempt in Project Plus, which means there's various other experiments out there. Cage proves that in fact.
>>
Why did Jessica become immune to him because he told her to murder someone? Hope didn't become immune because she was told to murder people.
>>
>>77748181
Hope also wasn't splashed with IGH and I don't think she was under Kilgrave's control for as long. Obviously the show doesn't go too much into it, but I'd assume length of exposure and superpowers are the difference in what helped her build up an immunity.
>>
File: 1312146879607.jpg (177KB, 823x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1312146879607.jpg
177KB, 823x1144px
>>77740397
Only Doom deserves to rule
>>
>>77748209
>splashed with IGH
Oh, was it an IGH truck they crashed into? Was it also an IGH truck that hit Matt?
>>
>>77742269
HAS NO STYLE, HE HAS NO GRACE
THIS BONG HAS A PURPLE FACE!
>>
>>77748228
Is Doom even a villain
Wasn't his whole "I need to rule" reasoning that no matter what timeline or dimension or wahtever he went to, it almost always went to shit?
>>
>>77740397
Jean Grey and Prof X make him look like Color Kid
Got to be like 25 or 30 people with better mind control powers
>>
>>77748253
It was a Rand-Meachum truck that hit Matt.
>>
>>77748273

Being a villain is a matter of character.

Once he controls and fixes everything he invariable goes about fucking it all up and being an all-around shit.
>>
>>77748299
Jean Grey and Professor X aren't part of the MCU.
>>
>>77740397
>This guy has the most broken powers in the entire MCU
>Broken

That doesn't mean what you think it does. While it's certainly powerful it has weaknesses and ways to be exploited.
>>
>>77741875
> Unless The Other hid the Mind Gem in the Sceptre then gave it to Loki knowing he would fuck up.
>>
>>77742553
I keep messing up the interracial QTE moments. I guess I just can't ride the bull...
>>
>>77745120

He has to be around people for his powers to work and then around them constantly so they can't break free of your control. Kevin woul never actually be able to take over anywhere in the long term. Better yo use his powers to enjoy himself
>>
>>77747209
>>77747224
I think the virus makes people open to suggestions, and talking is the best way to get them do understand his intent. In addition, basic stuff applies without his need for saying it, like don't hurt me (though stuff like this can need reinforcing with a verbal command).
>>
>>77742553
>Press F to vomit
>>
>>77748273
depends on the writer, but it has been confirmed that Doom truly believes what he does is for the betterment of mankind ( and it is)
>>
File: 1315859615630.jpg (58KB, 300x385px) Image search: [Google]
1315859615630.jpg
58KB, 300x385px
>>77748299
except their shit dont work if you have a fancy helmet his does
>>
>>77740548

no one was ever shown resisting him with will power, his power only doesn't work on Jessica because she spent so much time with him and her healing factor eventually made her immune

so his power might not work at all on Cap's augmented body or Asgardian physiology since it's viral based, or at least they might become immune to him faster
>>
>>77748209
Fuck that negro panther god, it's been shown that Richards has the potential to cUck Doom out of saving humanity by saving it with scientific advancement instead.
>>
>>77741631

You forgot intangibility too
>>
File: 1389305862978.jpg (31KB, 220x333px) Image search: [Google]
1389305862978.jpg
31KB, 220x333px
>>77740397
Iron Man is immune in his suit.
Thor is outright immune.
Vision is outright immune.
Depending on how the writer feels that day, Cap might be able to resist by force of will and/or his superhuman metabolism.
Hulk is a crapshoot. He's prone to mind control, but bacteria may fail on him.

Anyone with loud music or earplugs is immune and his control only lasts for half a day.

He's actually pretty balanced. The cast of Jessica Jones is just dumb as rocks/ill suited to fight him.

>we have him locked in and we have the scientists who scientifically created him right here and willing to stop him
>instead of just taking them to court and have them testify against him, showing the science behind it all and proving everything without a reasonable doubt they concot a ridiculous plan where they show an abducted police officer how Jessica tortures Kilgrave until he eventually tells her to do something, which she then does and the fact that she in no way could've just acted that makes it impenetrable proof that he possesses mind control
>>
>>77748826
>Iron Man is immune in his suit
Tony's magic suit strikes again
>>
>>77748826
The JJ cast could have won instantly if Jessica had taken Claire up on her offer to call Daredevil, since Matt is immune.
>>
>>77748840
I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that it's hermetically sealed. Even if it weren't once he knew what he was facing, he could just shut off the audio.

>>77748854
>since Matt is immune
He's blind, not deaf.
>>
>>77748840
>create beyond cutting edge suit capable of taking a hit from the Hulk made to deal with every conceivable world disaster
>neglect to put in bacteria filters
Your hateboner is showing.

>>77748854
Why in the world would Matt be immune?
>>
>>77748862
>>77748877
He's immune in the comics, anyway. Apparently being blind lets him focus hard enough to ignore Purple Man or something.
>>
>>77740548
Uhhh.. that's not how his powers work. You're on ep12 and you haven't figured it out?

Strong will doesn't mean squat to a virus.
>>
>>77748902
That's retarded. And it would've likely been ignored in the tv series.
>>
>>77741388
Ur one of the people bringing it up, asswipe.
>>
>>77748912
Perhaps he just has better control of his senses? When every sense sight is hyper sensitive perhaps you need to be able to consciously tune things in and out in order to focus on particular stimuli in the middle of a massive overload of information. So perhaps he can tune out Kilgrave's orders by focusing instead on the much quieter sound of Kilgrave's heart. /speculah
>>
>>77748826
Pretty short sighted of you not to realize that willpower has no effects against a virus.

Jessica is immune only because of her rapid healing ability. Somehow she gained an immunity to Kilgrave's virus.

I don't see how being unable to hear kilgrave will make you resistant to him. He can still command you in other ways besides speaking.

Anybody else who can "resist" Kilgrave must have a way of fighting off the virus.
>>
>>77748945
I'm not saying you can't bullshit an explanation. But whatever explanation you have will invariably be bullshit. Kilgrave's powers rely on two things - the virus and the victim hearing his words. I doubt Daredevil can actively make himself not hear something. And the virus doesn't care about willpower or senses.
>>
>>77748945
You can't choose what you hear. That's not how hearing works. Looool.

Sure you can try to focus on a specific sound in all the noise that you're hearing, but you're still going to register those other sounds.
>>
>>77748615
its been proven in the thread...
>>
>>77748957
>Jessica is immune only because of uh... um... super healing!
>Somehow she gained an immunity to Kill Grave's powers, the specifics aren't important.

The MCU sets a new bar for quality storytelling.
>>
>>77740397
That designation belongs to the Ant-Men.
>>
>>77742956
>>77743050

I don't know, tomato overdose combined with silver poisoning?
>>
>>77749174
Wouldn't it be gambit. He controls kenetic energy, all energy is kenetic. Kenetic just means its moving. If shit ain't moving it ain't energy.gambit controls energy. Gambit controls all.

My point is that everyone's broken as fuck if you rationalize them right.
>>
>>77748910
>Strong will doesn't mean squat to a virus.
Heh, I dunno, Luke looked like he was resisting a bit more than others. Sure he couldn't stop himself, but there's moments where he tried to get Jessica to run.
>>
>>77741388
>sonic screwdriver
>I actually thought that it was a screwdriver with a Sonic hilt
>>
>>77748840
>>77748826

Actually, IM was actually immune in his suit. He has o2 scrubbers and filters which work out pretty well. That came up in an episode of EMH, turns out Tony opened his helmet at the worst time.

Hulk would probably be immune since the movie defined gamma beings as being immune to disease. I imagine his biology is like a microwave oven.

>>77748862
>>77748877

I think he means that Matt is fucking competent and would take Kilgrave in a fast, well though out manner before ever being in a situation where he would be controlled.
>>
>>77741100
It was probably a doombot.
>>
>>77749239
So he means Matt would be a Mary Sue? You realize the problem with taking out Kilgrave isn't just plain knocking him out, right? Jessica could've done that at any point in the series. There was never a time where she physically couldn't just walk up to him and rip his tongue out. It's his contingencies that are the real problem. For all you know, his death would mean a thousand suicides within the next hour.

If anything, Matt would be useless against Kilgrave, because he's way too moral to ever take such a chance. Jessica just snapped in the end, because her morality is a lot more flexible.
>>
>>77749227
Someone should make one of these and take it to a some Dr Who event or something.
>>
>>77749260
>Jessica can't just just kill Kilgrave because of his epic contingency plans!
>So how do we resolve the plot?
>I dunno, Jessica snaps his neck or something.
>>
>>77749380
You're completely missing the point. Kilgrave broke her. This was the definition of a pyrrhic victory. Everything Jessica was trying to achieve failed spectacularly. He beat her at every turn. She was unable to save Hope - the perfect innocent victim, the living manifestation of her guilt and shame, and the one person who she knew had gone through the same thing she had. The resolving of the plot wasn't erasing all that - it was confirming it. It showed how Jessica is incredibly flawed, and she is in no way cut out to be a hero.

It was an incredibly refreshing change of pace from the usual.
>>
>>77748557
Doomwank is disgusting.
Waid had the right idea about writing Doom (minus the whole "selling your loved ones to demons" thing) by showing him petty and narcissistic asshole.
>>
File: Trump's Immigration policy.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Trump's Immigration policy.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
so what did /co/ think about this show ? i give it 6/10
>>
>>77748169
>His power is literally to make people do what he says. He could just say 'Forget I was ever here', and he's done.

He says he can't do stuff like erase memories or effect involantary fuctions like the brain or heart.

That's why he has the police erase all the footage of what happened at the station instead of just saying he wasn't here.
>>
>>77748169
>You could argue that since his power doesn't last forever that should leave a time limit on the memory, but how can you remember something that no longer exists?
He can't make people do things that they're physically incapable of doing, like erasing memories.
>>
>>77749380

She called him out that he was just assuming his suicide command would work. Neither of them had any idea if his virus would work after death because it's not like he'd died before.

Finally she just decides it's worth the risk rather than let him get away again. She turns out to be right, as everyone snaps out of his control when he dies.
>>
>>77740397
Yet a blind lawyer beats his ass regularly
>>
>>77750525
Power is relative.
>>
>>77750525
>in the entire MCU
>BUT IN THE COMICS!
Nigger, Matt has never met Kilgrave in the MCU. And he wouldn't beat his ass if he did.
>>
>>77749144
Jessica's advanced healing is brought up in the show. It's like one or two lines, sure, but it's there.

Not going to bother with the whole immunity thing since it's invariably sketch but I mean capeshit, not like it matters.
>>
>>77742269
i don't know, i think that make the guy and addict and get non controlled security was a little clever of course dos wear for necessity and is less impressive that he get the security when you know he already knew about Jessica having the anesthesia
>>
>>77748569
what if one uses scuba diving equipment
>>
Jessica killing Kilgrave was an abrupt end. It was quick, it wasn't even really all that satisfying for me in the moment. I loved it for that reason.

Jessica knew, through most of the season, that the only surefire way to end the suffering Kilgrave has caused/will cause is to kill him. That, however, isn't what heroes do and Jessica was still wrestling with her own childish naivete; she wanted to prove she could be a hero and that her past actions could be redeemed through the legal, "moral" way.

It was Hope's death (her being named Hope was so goddamn blunt) that ultimately killed that. It wasn't worth it and Jessica was able to see that. So she did what she had to.
>>
>>77750919
It would have been more satisfying if she and Nuke could have collaborated on that.
>>
>>77751071

This is true. It seems like Jessica and Patsy were jerks to Nuke for no real reason beyond he wasn't part of their in circle and basically drove him away and nuts.

By the time Jess and Nuke are on the same page he's been dismissed so many times he didn't believe her.
>>
Kilgrave's actually been significantly downgraded here.

In the comics his power is pheremones. Not many people have resistances to that. Here it's viral and pretty much any heroes mid level and above are resistant or immune to disease.

Hulk, Cap, Any Asgardian, Spiderman, they'd all be immune.
>>
>>77752515
>Hulk, Cap, Any Asgardian, Spiderman, they'd all be immune.

Good.
>>
>>77741807
Sat smugly in a chair looking menacingly...also he corrupted Ultron
>>
>>77740397
I dont get it, why doesn't someone just rip out his tongue if they want him permanently neutralized but dont want to kill him for whatever reason?
>>
>>77740397
His weakness?
>love
>>
You know this got me wondering, has there ever been a comic hero whos main power was mind control? The only one i can think of is professor x and even then he basically never used it
>>
>>77740397
Well, he's not very powerful without his sonic screwdriver.
>>
>>77753041
Apparently Purple Man has a daughter that shares his powers who joins a superhero team.
>>
>>77740397
so i'm not too up on my marvel characters. how are his powers different from like banshee or songbird? don't they all just use their voice to jedi mind trick people?
>>
>>77740397
Ant-Man exists, and his mask would probably immunize him to Purple Man's powers, too.
>>
>>77749199
Gambit isn't part of the MCU.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.