[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voiced opinion on Book of Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: sugar tits.jpg (176KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
sugar tits.jpg
176KB, 900x506px
Tried to voice my opinion. Listen it here:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0YjlCR38ImH

Discuss/share opinion/talk about Book of Life.
>>
Too SWF.

The girl is encouraged to 'break gender norms' and do what she wants. But the guys are basically simps who fight each other for this girl on the pedestal.
>>
Had a lot of potential. Instead was full of tropes and shitty music covers.
>>
Hilariously bad. Instead of embracing the Mexican culture and the spirit of the holiday, in went for a shitty Radiohead cover.
>>
>>77735266
It had a lot of Mexican culture and pop culture even if it tried hard to appeal to an American audience, the Guadalupe statues, the pressure Mexicans feel to satisfy their parents, tradition being held as the most important thing over what an individual wants, a critique of bull fighting, Tijuana is shitty jokes, Placido Domingo singing cielito lindo, Derbez, etc...

Also Dia de Muertos is a 3 day day of rememberance for lost loved ones and there really isn't much outside that besides the calaveras and all that.
>>
Not perfect, but I liked it a lot. Lots of fun, very likable, even if it was a little simple, plot wise.

Also, absolutely gorgeous. The stuff I like about it FAR outweigh what I don't like about it.
>>
File: tumblr_ne58ax2Z3H1r6dvczo3_1280.jpg (140KB, 693x520px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne58ax2Z3H1r6dvczo3_1280.jpg
140KB, 693x520px
Skellewaifus
>>
>>77736017
Oh man, don't get me started...
>>
>>77733254
Which ultimately makes her a prize and ruins all the effort they put into 'girl power' in the first place.
>>
>>77735912
Is two days actually, 1st and 2nd of November.
>>
File: adelita_twins_cropped.jpg (117KB, 726x215px) Image search: [Google]
adelita_twins_cropped.jpg
117KB, 726x215px
>>77736017
>>
>>77736591
Did you just censor bones?
>>
>>77736657
yes.
>>
>>77736591
Why do I want to see the full picture?
>>
>>77731653
Coming from a hispanic American, I get that they have to appeal to everyone. But if they had no sea back, went full full mexican, I think it coulda been Bette. IMO.
>>
>>77738188
Wow, really bad grammar. Sorry about that, retarded keyboard.
>>
Proves Mexicans, like most Catholics, are closeted pagans.
>>
>>77738218
Well duh
Indigenous Latin american beliefs and Catholicism have been mixing and fighting for years much to the dismay of the Vatican who tolerate it because of the sheer amount of followers that have those views.
Its a weird conundrum that is weird to outside people looking in
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.