[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see Marvel can't stop killing off their villains. >RIP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 14

File: David-Tennant-Kilgrave1.jpg (60KB, 470x594px) Image search: [Google]
David-Tennant-Kilgrave1.jpg
60KB, 470x594px
I see Marvel can't stop killing off their villains.
>RIP you cheeky devil.
I really cannot for the life of me understand why Marvel doesn't want any of their villains alive. perhaps they don't know how to keep their power level high while operating in episodic fashion? And don't give me that they would just try again bs, we as the audience use suspension of disbelief every time we "forget" about the other avengers in the solo films or when we watch agents of shield.
>>
>>77726032
Wilson Fisk is alive.
>>
>>77726032
How could they have contained Kilgrave and brought him to trial after Nuke Nuked everything? At the time they finally caught up to him again, his range, control, and duration had increased dramatically.
>>
>>77726032
I read that in his voice.
>>
Closure.

I mean, you can't just keep remaking the same villains vs. heroes movies/shows because it doesn't feel fresh.
>>
Fisk and Loki.
>>
>>77726065
Tape his mouth
>>
>>77726065
keep him gagged at all times, have the guards wear ear plugs, have his defense be written if he wants.
>>
I definitely feel like superhero adaptations should stop killing their villains so often, but Kilgrave is a terrible example. With his powers there's pretty much no satisfying way for them to deal with him in live action besides killing him.
>>
Here's the thing though, at most you'll get 3 films out of the same superhero. Do you really want to reuse the same villains for most of the time or go onto something different?
>>
>>77726110
That's retarded and shows that you don't read comics at all.
>>
>>77726032
>implying he's dead
>implying this isn't a comic book show
>implying he won't be resurrected by HYDRA or whatever to menace Jessica in the last season
>>
>>77726178
They can let villains survive without using the villain again in the sequel.
>>
>>77726178
I get exactly what you are saying but for me its about options and seeing windows being shut closed for no reason is kinda annoying
>>
>>77726178

Well, unfortunately most of the Superhero films go through the same tropes anyway.

Stane could have been the villain in Iron Man 2-3 and almost nothing would have changed beyond what the villain monologues about. It's still an evil businessman looking to subvert tony.

Cap has a little more divergence in his villains personality wise, but at the end of the day Pierce and Red Skull are both mouthpieces for the same ideology.

Thor actually has the most varied villains despite being the worst of the franchises. Loki and Malekith are completely different in behavior and motivation.
>>
>>77726110
You don't have to use them over and over but not killing them leaves room for the character to develop later on.
>>
>>77726032
To be fair, how many worthwhile villians have we lost?

Iron Man:
1. Evil business man #2131 is easy to replace.
2. Who gives a shit about whip lash
3. Another evil businessmen. Real mandrian is hinted at and fake one didn't even die.

Cap:
1. Red Skull has way to comeback
2. Hydra is like team rocket. They always come back. As for the computer guy, hes a computer program. Easy to write back in.

Thor.
1. Destoryer armor could come back easily.
2. Nobody cared about the elves. Loki lived.

Hulk
1. Both leader and abomination are alive.

Avengers
1. No names died
2. Ultron dying is his thing. Again as computer could come back.

GotG
1. Could just rewrite Ronan as a title.

DD
1. Bunch of no names. Kingpin lived.

JJ
1. Losing killgrave sucked. But he has a life line as one of his comic powers is healing from anything.

AoS
1. Anything deaths here is a mercy kill.
>>
File: clown prince.png (474KB, 322x900px) Image search: [Google]
clown prince.png
474KB, 322x900px
>>77726032
Only one purple wearing villain per decade.
>>
>>77726276
>>77726183
But these aren't comics. These are movies. Movies that take 2 years to make, and you don't know if your actors will retire, die, or hell, the general audience could stop giving a shit.

It's amazing that so many people think they can indefinitely make these shows/movies when they all have shelf lives because of the use of real life actors. Of course I read comics, you're just the one who doesn't get movies.
>>
>>77726380
If they didn't kill any of the characters, we'd still have Cap vs Red Skull 3, Iron Man vs Iron Monger 3, Thor vs Loki 3, and we wouldn't have seen any interpretation of any other villain. Brief as they are, they are there, and it's fun to see new ones come up.
>>
File: pension master.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pension master.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>77726306
>Bunch of no names
You're seriously talking shit about Pension Master?
>>
Zola is alive still.
>>
>>77726183

Movies and TV shows rely on things like, you know, actors/writers/directors working elsewhere, shit like aging, money, time, and resources being more of a consideration for the actual content of the work.

It's not like comics where you can bullshit around and keep the same characters and setting for the sake of doing so, or simply pressing the reset button.
>>
>>77726315
holy shit that looks bad
>>
>>77726032

>>Called Purple Man

>>Isnt purple
>>
>>77726222

No they can't because then people will be bugged as to why they aren't appearing in the sequels.
>>
>>77726220
I'd not be shocked if the Hand raise him from the grave if they're the Defenders villains. You know it would be great to hear his voice come out of nowhere mid season and force the rest of the team to fight Jessica.
>>
>>77726152
And how would they prove he can control minds that way? You can't throw him in jail unless you can prove he committed the crimes.
>>
Otherwise you get X-men where Magneto is the fucking final villain in every single film that isn't a Wolverine only one.

Hell people bitched that Loki wasn't in AoU
>>
>>77726380
There have been villians that survived in movies. Not just comic book movies. Not every villian has to die is my point! They can just be locked up forever. But it also leaves the option to use them again in some capacity. I mean, Joker and Scarecrow survived the Nolan series. Hell, Scarecrow has been in all three of them. Loki is another example.
>>
>>77726587
>I mean, Joker and Scarecrow survived the Nolan series.
>Joker

Ledger died, so he's just handwaved away, never used again, no outcry from fans for obvious reason.

>Scarecrow

A relative bitch nigga that gets shit all done, quickly forgotten in light of the true threat. Who the fuck cares about Nolan's Scarecrow anyways?

Did people cry when Bane died? Or were they fine with that when they understood that it was the end of the trilogy and there was nothing they could possibly do with his character?
>>
>>77726713

Nah nobody cared because they knew the trilogy was over.

People bitched a bit about him dying because Catwoman blew him up, but nobody cared about the dying itself.
>>
>>77726713
I'm not deeply invested in Nolan's Scarecrow. I just liked the fact that he got to be in all three films, even if his role in the series got less and less significant. He was kind of a reccuring villian.
>>
>>77726380
They never have to have the villains that they spare show up on screen again. Not killing them doesn't have to be done with the intention of using them again down the line. Really, all you have to do is imply that since the movie's based on comics where this shit happens all the time, someday they might escape and have to be taken down by our hero again but that when that happens it might not necessarily be onscreen because it's just something our hero does on a regular basis and not worth focusing another movie on.
>>
>>77726918

The general audience for these mediums prefer closure, for better or worse, and the implication that shit never got resolved despite all the bullshit they've sat through will leave them with a bad taste in their mouths.

Also, if another movie isn't warranted for showing off how the villain is put away again, what's the point in going through the contrivance of making sure they survive? Why not cut out the middle man altogether and put any sense of doubt to rest?
>>
>wahhh, these adaptations have definite conclusions for characters instead of letting them escape over and over again so people can sell more comic books
>>
>Villains in the MCU who are for sure dead:
Iron Monger
Whiplash
The Real Fake Mandarin
That dude from Thor 2
Robert Redford
A bunch of people I don't give a shit about on Agents of SHIELD
Purple Man
Baron Von Strucker

>MCU Villains who are either alive or whose deaths are very ambiguous/easily retconned:
Abomination
Mandarin
Loki
Thanos
Red Skull
Ronan
Nebula
Ultron
Yellowjacket
Kingpin
>>
>>77727214

>Ronan
>Yellowjacket

>ambiguous
>>
>>77727238
I guess you forgot the words that came after the slash. Gunn has already said he has toyed around with bringing Ronan back somewhere down the line, and Ant-Man confirmed that there is a way out of the microverse, where Yellowjacket presumably went or where they could easily say he went should they want to bring him back around.
>>
>>77726065
Jessica could have done want she threatened before and ripped out his tongue
>>
>>77727151
They did that in the recent Mission Impossible movie with a villian that was truly horrible. He got arrested.
>>
>>77727419

Or just skip the contrivance and do what would provide an assuredly definitive and safe outcome?

A hero fucking around with someone of that threat level with the possibility of a possible reprisal in the future would just make them look incompetent.
>>
>>77727483

That was necessary to the plot though. The only way the IMF could be exonerated was by capturing the head of the Syndicate, this was established in-story.

It's pretty rare for that to work in action movies, part of the reason it worked in Rogue Nation was the absolute pottery of Hunt doing it to Lane after what happening in the beginning and it actually being a cool-looking moment.
>>
>>77726587
And it was retarded.
>keep a very destructive madman alive because MUH MORALS MUH INTEGRITY
>somehow when all hell breaks loose said madman doesn't even try to exploit it
And yes, Nolan could recast Joker's actor no matter what ledgerfags want to think. Better actors got replaced after their demise, nothing wrong or disrespectful with that.
>>
>>77727546
Oh, right! You gotta point there.
>>
>>77727584
Joker wouldn't have broken out a million times like in the comics. He was locked up. The end!
>>
>>77727594

I remember a lot about the MI movies, I fucking love that franchise.
>>
>>77726032
I think its justified in this case, since the motherfucker cannot be contained.
>>
>>77727661

Also there's no reason to keep him around.

His story is over. Jessica's story with him is over. If he lived he would become a generic crime lord or some other bullshit, Killgrave's death is the natural conclusion to the story.
>>
>>77727681
>His story is over.

For Jessica. Kilgrave is a long time DD villain and it would have been cool to see him actually, you know, be a supervillain like in the comics rather than being entirely motivated by his infatuation to Jessica. We didn't even get a proper mind controlled mob scene, Jessica just jumps over the cops and the dock people fighting each other was just lame.
>>
>>77727710

I didn't mind the ending sequence. It's clear this show didn't have DD's budget and they worked with what they had, and making it an emotional conclusion worked well enough for me.

> a long-time DD villain

In the comic sure, but here he's Jessica's villain, he wants nothing more then his waifu. He doesn't give a shit about the other heroes, in order to make him into a more general MCU villain you would have to rewrite him heavily.

Killing him was the resolution of Jessica's arc, taking that way cheapens it. It's not like DD doesn't have an entire gallery of rogues to take on from the comics, and the JJ writers clearly know what S2 is going to be about with Nuke. Everyone will do just fine.
>>
>>77727505
>what is Batman
>>
>>77727757

Actually the first person that popped in my mind after I typed that entry.

Weird.
>>
>>77727756
>and making it an emotional conclusion worked well enough for me.

The entire ending was anti-climactic. It made sense but had none of the emotional impact they clearly were going for.

>in order to make him into a more general MCU villain you would have to rewrite him heavily.

Not really. He's a giant douchebag in the show aside from having a waifu obsession, you just have him keep doing his thing that Matt stumbles into. Or use him as a Defenders villain who decides to torch Hell's Kitchen as a big fuck you to Jessica and every street level vigilante has to team up to fight him. It writes itself.

>Killing him was the resolution of Jessica's arc, taking that way cheapens it

The same resolution would have been achieved by putting Kilgrave in jail and incapacitating his power by breaking his jaw. Killing him was just a weak revenge fantasy getting fulfilled and somehow we're suppose to applaud because Jessica was being completely retarded about it for twelve episodes straight.
>>
File: 1448343592426.jpg (32KB, 535x560px) Image search: [Google]
1448343592426.jpg
32KB, 535x560px
>>77726432

Provided he upgraded from tapedeck at some point.

Maybe he'll be Zip Disk next.
>>
>>77726032
Soooo, why was everyone in this series an idiot?
>>
File: 1445386841679.png (525KB, 599x450px) Image search: [Google]
1445386841679.png
525KB, 599x450px
>>77727214
>Baron Von Strucker

I still believe his ginger son is actually him regenerating.
>>
>>77726032
>>77726032
Kingpin didn't die.
>>
I wasn't even upset by them killing Kilgrave
>>
>>77726162
Yeah. Everything built up to him dying. Not killing him would have been cheap sequel bait.
>>
>>77727932
>his ginger son
Do you keep up with AoS? I have some bad news for you anon...
>>
>>77726535
And it wouldn't feel like as big of an ass pull considering they spent half the season talking about how he should be dead but isn't. The cockroach crawling out of the sink was a pretty obvious metaphor.
>>
>>77726315
even the young justice joker wasnt this bad
>>
>>77726152
How do you capture him when everyone except Jess within earshot is instantly a hostage?

>>77727757
And how often has his rogue's gallery escaped? How much blood is on Batman's hand when more than half of his villains are mass murderers?
>>
>>77726032
So it can be Batman and every other week villains escape from the asylum and they have to fight over and over again?

It's not the 90s anymore.
>>
>>77726306
>1. Bunch of no names.
The Owl isn't a no name.
>>
>>77728145
they could even go full 'The Ring: Spiral' and have his virus independently manipulate people into reviving him and/or overwrite people into becoming mental clones of him.
>>
>>77728402

It isn't even the real Owl, they're saying Leland was the real Owl's dad.
>>
>The 10 rings will never be relevant again
>Their crowning glory was putting 10 holes into Ben
>>
>>77726183
Not that guy but it's fucking lame in comics when the villains never die but come back to wreak more havoc again and again, especially when the "hero" chooses not to kill said villain, which essentially makes them partly responsible for all the mayhem that villain caused because they chose NOT to take them out when they had the chance.

Why do you think it's bad that a villain has an arc and then is done, and the hero has to deal with other villains?
>>
>>77726032
Wilson Fisk, Loki, Tony Stark

But, really, how else would you have resolved Kilgrave? Put him behind bars? And then what, have him escape and redo season 1?
>>
>>77726032
I think everyone is forgetting the fact that most likely the reason can be the fact that they don't want to pay or reschedule another big name celebrity for every movie or franchise

It's like having a guest star in the universe. We have the main actors for the MCU then we have minor roles for 1 time/kill them off characters for big name celebrities that are going to get quick viewers and fast cash for the project
>>
>>77728160
shut the fuck up! Nothing was that bad!
>>
>>77728553
Have him captured by another super terrorist group preferably one that has the ability to defend against his power and give him the choice of be our weapon or we break your throat.
>>
>>77728622
"OK"

*Release*

"Now kill yourself"
>>
>>77726162
But he didn't turn purple.
If he did, it would be satisfactory
>>
>>77728653
Yes he did. For a moment, but when overdosing on Inhuman Growth Hormone, he turned purple.
>>
>>77728650
This. It just isn't feasible that you'd be able to take down Kilgrave by episode 12 and 13 and be free from reprisal. He was controlling the entire hospital without even being physically present at that point. Even if you did manage to nail him, he's smart enough to have tons of safeguards in place.
>>
>>77728678
That wasn't growth hormone, that was stem cells from his dead rape baby.
>>
>>77726032
ACTORS
C
T
O
R
S

Imagine Tennat refuses to do second season, name me a person that can replace him.

Quickasses's actor didn't even want to do one movie and agreed just because of Olsen.
>>
>>77728697
>Imagine Tennat refuses to do second season, name me a person that can replace him.
Matt Smith
>>
>>77726032
Spoilers you fucking cunt.
>>
>>77728697
Preferably someone actually good this time
>>
File: cdn.indiewire.com.jpg (42KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
cdn.indiewire.com.jpg
42KB, 680x478px
>>77728716
JESSICUHHHHHHHH
>>
>>77728678
>For a moment

Oh well that changes everything if he went all purple vein-y for a second!
>>
>>77728741
Who hurt you, anon?
was it the purple man
>>
File: apocalypse-ivan-ooze.jpg (143KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse-ivan-ooze.jpg
143KB, 1200x630px
>>77728806
Because this is such an improvement?
>>
>>77726032
TAG YOUR SPOILERS NEXT TIME AAAAAA
>>
>>77728843

Those are just poor looking character designs. If you can have fucking Nebula and Gamora be blue and green, then Tenant being colored purple should not be that fucking hard when he just wears normal clothes otherwise.
>>
>>77726032
He's alive, after getting fetus juice he probably got his regenerative powers like in the comic books, he survived shit there too and probably also had some mild healing powers before too. I mean both kidneys after an accident? sure.
>>
>>77728343
>How do you capture him when everyone except Jess within earshot is instantly a hostage?

Snipers, tranq round, ear plugs on the snipers in case he has a megaphone for some reason.
>>
>>77728979
OK, seriously? 2 reasons:

1; the kinds of things you can do in a high-concept SF story are different from what you can do in a noir detective drama. What fits in 1 kind of story, doesn't have to fit in another.

2; The point of Kilgrave is that he's a spoiled brat. He's build up in the first episodes as this massive inhuman monster, but as we get to know him, we realize he's just a small, petty man. That's to reflect the concept of the abuser, and how it is larger in the mind that the person actually is.

Having Kilgrave turn purple would undo that, because it WOULD make him something inhuman, something unsettling and larger than life. Making him purple would make him stand out, when the point is that abusers in fact don't stand out.

That's what the finale emphasizes: despite gaining more power, having a stronger hold on people, Kilgrave is still that petty little man, and it's that pettiness that Jessica uses against him to ultimately defeat him.
>>
>>77728979
>Ivan Ooze
>poor character design
Fuck you and your whole family, nigga.
>>
>>77729062
>Snipers
You now have everyone within one hundred yards in your control. You can set it up so that you have a human shield covering you at every conceivable point

>tranq rounds
That's assuming he doesn't know you're coming, by episode 12 he does

>ear plugs
Dampen sound, they don't completely block them.
>>
>>77728898
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ftfy
>>
>>77729062
Even if those would work (which they will not, see >>77729090) At what point do you think the costs will outweigh the benefits?
>>
File: 1439335017502.jpg (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439335017502.jpg
138KB, 640x480px
Anyone who thinks Purple Man won't be back sometime in the future is retarded. David Tennant is too good an actor for this role to just pass up like that.
>>
>>77729151
>Who is Christopher Eccleston
>>
>>77729081
>1; the kinds of things you can do in a high-concept SF story are different from what you can do in a noir detective drama.

Oh but bullet proof skin, pills that give you super powers, super human strength, durability and healing, not to mention FUCKING MINDCONTROL are totally something that fit noir detetctive drama? Fuck you, you don't get to pick and choose when the whole appeal and point of MCU is that it's all supposedly connected and taking place in the same universe. By insisting that "oh we can't have this character be colored purple because it would too be outlandish in our MCU" does nothing but add inconsistent tone to the universe you're playing in. It's like bitching that ninjas had no place in DD because it was largely a serious crime story. These are comic book adaptations, trying to downplay that just signals that you're actually ashamed of the source material.

And you're second point does not hold water. You could still humanize Kilgrave with his backstory, and his mind control powers are the perfect excuse as to why he doesn't stand out. Just because he has different color of skin does not suddenly ruin the entire metaphor of him being a petty abuser, if anything it makes the point even more poignant when you realize how pathetic he is.
>>
>>77729151
>>77729162

>Eccleston
>Tennant

Who are Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi going to play?
>>
>>77729185
Judging by the pattern of DW actors playing shit villains in Marvel properties probably Stilt-Man or a Jack O'Lantern who was after Macendale and before the on in Remender's Venom.
>>
>>77729170
>These are comic book adaptations, trying to downplay that just signals that you're actually ashamed of the source material.

That has nothing to do with it. It's about telling a story, and what serves to tell that story.

A counterexample is the Green Lantern movie. It's very reverent towards is source material..which was its downfall. Not because the source material was bad, but because they put all of it in the movie, bogging it down. Taking away from the story rather than adding to it.

And that's what I am saying: It's not about being ashamed of the source material, it's about what helps tell the story. And making Kilgrave purple does not help the story.
>>
>>77729231
>And making Kilgrave purple does not help the story.

If anything, purple skin color would make him appear even more nefarious initially.
>>
>>77729315
Exactly, which would contradict the intent of the story.

Kilgrave has nothing going for him, except for his power. We only experience him through Jessica's trauma, but as soon as we meet him, that illusion is shattered. Except when he's purple, that illusion remains. In fact, he now has something going for him, namely his outsider status of being a freak with purple skin, which would serve as justification for his behaviour, where the point is that nothing does.
>>
>>77727267

There's also a part of the blast that looks like something teleporting at the last second, so it wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>77727885
how do you prove he has mind control?
>>
>>77728979
gaving a literal purple man walking around would make it pretty obvious he is superpowered
>>
>>77726032
>We can't afford David for more than one episode, so we have to kill him off or we exhaust our entire filming budget
>>
>>77729382
>but as soon as we meet him, that illusion is shattered

The fuck are you talking about? The first time we see him in real life he invades a house and has a little kid piss in her pants while being put in a closet with his powers. It's terrifying. And it just keeps up when he has people attack Jessica the first time they meet in the show. He only becomes pathetic once he finally gets caught and is momentarily stripped of his power.
>>
>>77728716
>>77728767
>Both 9 and 10 were in the MCU

Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi for MCU when?
>>
File: 1426381593751.gif (939KB, 255x164px) Image search: [Google]
1426381593751.gif
939KB, 255x164px
>>77729083
This, Ivan Ooze was a far more charismatic and entertaining villain than about 95% the entire capeshit roster, and you can get the fuck out of my face if you say otherwise
>>
>>77726032
>"Oi, what'd you mean you didn't like Planet of the Dead? It was a hell of a lot better than Voyage of the Damned at least. You people aren't satisfied with anythin'!"
>>
File: 1423255001964.png (254KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1423255001964.png
254KB, 650x650px
>>77729081
>implying Kilgrave's pettiness was essential for the plot and not just part of the SJW power fantasy
>>
>>77726183
>Thinks continuous comic book writing is good.
Enjoy your garbage plots where nothing is ever at risk and everything is undon because the status quo needs to be maintained so people will buy another monthly installment, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>77726032
His only crime was being in love
>>
Mother fucker I'm literally watching episode 11 right now. I need to cut 4chan out of my life.
>>
>>77726032
because this isn't DC's inept super-idiots

>I will consistently let a mass-murderer live even though I am one of the only people who can stop him
>every time the super villain escapes he kills numerous civilians

letting your enemies live is something purely invented for fiction because in real life that's not how shit works
>>
>>77726139
Did Darren Cross die? I thought Scott just destroyed his suit.
>>
>>77728843
Apocalypse isn't actually going to be purple. That's just the lighting.
>>
>>77730167
He got torn apart as his body shrunk unevenly.
>>
>>77726032
>I really cannot for the life of me understand why Marvel doesn't want any of their villains alive
They have a good survival rate, when you look at the competition.

>marvel movies

>Raza: dead
>Stane: dead
>Blonsky: alive
>Ross: alive
>Vanko: dead
>Hammer: alive
>Loki: alive
>Red Skull: ?
>Zola: dead, but not killed; later N/A
>Thanos: alive
>Killian: dead
>Malekith: dead
>Batroc: alive
>Rumlow: alive
>Pierce: dead
>Nebula: alive
>Ronan: dead
>von Strucker: dead
>Ultron: N/A
>Yellowjacket: dead
>Kingpin: alive
>Purple Man: "dead"

>total marvel villains dead (minus N/A's and ?'s): 10/22, a 45.4% mortality rate

>dc movies (modern)

>Chill: dead
>Crane: alive
>al Ghul: dead
>Joker: alive
>Dent: dead
>Bane: dead
>Talia: dead
>Faora: dead
>Zod: dead

>total dead: 7/9, a 77.7% mortality rate
>>
>>77730282

AHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>77730136
>you must b fun
>>
>>77730394
>he thinks the nolanverse would allow the lazarus pit
DCDrone, plz
>>
>>77730431

If those movie continued they would allow it. But it would be really...really vague.
>>
>>77730452
They did continue. Up to a third one. And Talia confirmed Ra's had died and sought personal vengeance against Batman. You'd think his own daughter that was brought fully into the LoS and knew about all of its intricacies and commanded its men would also know about where her dead ass dad had been taken, if the pit existed.
>>
>>77730452
Dude what? No. Nolan's gone on record countless times on how his interpretation of batman would be how a "real world vigilante operates with the resources at his disposal". There's no such thing as magical resurrection goop in the real world.
>>
>>77730543
Sounds like somebody hasn't tried slurping down fresh embyo stem cells.
>>
>>77729905
Matt Smith is Adam Warlock and Peter Capaldi is the voice of the Beyonders
>>
>>77729960
>implying Kilgrave's pettiness was essential for the plot

It really, really was. On every possible level.

Even in the comics, Kilgrave is a petty, narcissistic, manipulative asshole.
>>
>>77730589
That and my "blood of people under the age of 20" smoothie only keeps me young. It won't undo dying.
>>
>>77729901
Not that guy, but the first time he and Jessica meet, as in REALLY meet and exchange words, you can tell how small minded and depressing he really is, and how he uses his powers as a crutch.

With purple skin, there's something alien and scary about him. Even without his powers, he's got a mystique about him. He's intimidating in his oddity.

Without purple skin, he's just another dude that happens to have mind control powers. Take the powers away, he's utterly powerless, in every sense of the term, to a pathetic degree.

The latter is the entire point of his characterization in the show.
>>
As a person watching a show, of course I'm disappointed Kilgrave is dead.
It's the scariest he's possibly ever been, and I would pay real money to see that guy just strolling nonchalantly through the Avengers compound. What would happen? Could he force Banner to become Hulk? Could Scarlet Witch hold him off? What twisted machinations could Kilgrave pull off with the entirety of SHIELD at his command? The mind reels!

In-universe though, of COURSE Jessica would kill him. She literally had no other choice.
>>
>>77730676

He would lose that mystique and intimidation coming from skin color once he's captured and powerless. If not immediately, then it would happen the moment you saw the footage of him being experimented and turning purple as a child.
>>
>>77726423
He was dead int he comics fast too
>>
>>77730770
Sure, but that's just one extra step for zero payoff.
>>
>>77730789
The purple skin would make his early on screen appearances all the more frightening due to the weirdness factor. That would make it worth it. It would make his fall all the better.
>>
>>77730838
But it undoes the idea that an abuser doesn't look like a monster, when he does. Again, the point is that there is nothing special to him, except for his power. Making him special undoes that.
>>
>>77726139
He's in the atomic fuck zone
>>
>>77726306
>As for the computer guy, hes a computer program. Easy to write back in.
He was uploaded into the Apple Store, remember?
>>
>>77726805
Joker should have been the main villain in TDKR. Ledger's death made that impossible so we got the clunky mess of TDKR.
>>
>>77731168
Sure, go blame the dead guy.
>>
>>77730282
Yellow jacket dead? They could easily bring him back.

Same with ultron
>>
I thought they'd have satisfied the "muh comics" fans by having Kilgrave get captured only to escape about 15 times in the show.

But apparently they're still buttmad that he dies at the end.
>>
>>77731276
Joker was originally supposed to be a large part of TDKR.
>>
File: c22GCFY.webm (273KB, 578x360px) Image search: [Google]
c22GCFY.webm
273KB, 578x360px
>>77731614
>>
>>77731634
But it's true, you idiot.
>>
>>77731602

Purists that want live action to be a 1:1 interpretation of print don't understand that it doesn't work that way. You can muck around in print with various characters and plot lines because they're ageless and companies try to not kill off their golden geese, so bringing them back time and time again works from a company's perspective even if it doesnt make too much sense. Live action has, unsurprisingly, harder real life considerations that limit their run, so things must get resolved quicker because of the shorter shelf life, meaning much less or no bullshit contrivances for the sake of sustainability.
>>
>>77726423
I miss him too anon. His death was off the wall levels of bull shit.

>>77728402
Who? Don't even know where he appeared.

>>77731017
Welp another one saved.
>>
>>77726032
Isn't that the story of every cape comic?
First the heroes kill off villains, and second they kill eachothers. And then they come to an agreement that this was all really stupid and the universe reboots.
>>
>>77731655
It's veracity wasn't in question, you fool.
>>
>>77729960
The Purple Man's always been a shit though.

>>77729982
Oh God forbid we tell a story where someone doesn't die at the end.
>>
>>77727885
No one can fight him other than Jess. Bringing in Daredevil or Iron Fist would just be a liability. Luke Cage's performance proves that
>>
So the entire point of this more grounded portrayal of the Purple Man was a moral about "real" abusers and a slapdash execution for the sake of grit? Doesn't seem like it was worth it.
>>
>>77729901
>It's terrifying
Get better standards of terrifying. The whole scene felt fucking comedic.
>>
>>77730880
>But it undoes the idea that an abuser doesn't look like a monster, when he does.

That's racist again colored folk, yo.
>>
If you think that he didn't just tell her to see herself killing him you are a fucking idiot. He can make people see whatever he wants them to.
>>
>>77726032
Fuck you man. I haven't finished the show yet. Learn to fucking spoiler your posts you complete piece of garbage.
>>
>>77732554
I thunk it's more that this show wanted to make rape and being a survivor of rape the focus of Jessica's character arc, and in a live action TV show trying to portray a character as struggling with their rape when the rapist is called "the purple man" and is painted purple from head to toe kind of undermines the tone of things:

Can you really, honestly tell me that you could imagine the "you raped me" scene where Jessica confronts Kilgrave about her avoids at her house while he tries to make amends being anything but comical instead of the powerful scene it was had Tenant been painted fucking purple
>>
>>77731168

That's besides the point.

Had Joker been in DKR, and died in it people still wouldn't have cared because Nolan Batman was done, finished and they were already prepping for Batfleck a month after it was out.
>>
>>77734322
>when the rapist is called "the purple man"
Why not? Albert Fish was called The Gray Man and he was terrifying.

And everything about Kilgrave was comical. Not sure if because of writing or because Tennant is just a shit actor.
>>
>>77728678

I completely agree with the decision to not make Tenant purple, but I do think it would have been good if he was full-on purple after his powers got ramped up at the end, even if it was for only one episode
>>
>>77730703
>I would pay real money to see that guy just strolling nonchalantly through the Avengers compound. What would happen?

Vision would show up and zap him unconsious in two seconds because he can't control robots.
>>
>>77734391
>And everything about Kilgrave was comical

Did you miss the first episode where he makes a girl murder her family and then snap out of it so she breaks down sobbing over their corpses?

Kilgrave was fucking horrific.
>>
>>77734433
That was really timid by television standards.
>>
>>77734322
Well yes, I could take it seriously if, you know, the writing and acting was good enough. No, hold on a second... You know, you're right, JJ was so badly produced that they couldn't have pulled it off. Points to you for making me realize that.
>>
File: Barry White.jpg (84KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
Barry White.jpg
84KB, 940x627px
>>77726512
>Called Barry White
>Isnt White
>>
>>77730282
In film, at least, killing off some of the villains makes sense; most aren't going to come back for future instalments, even in a shared universe (though killing off Ronan was a dumb move).

It's why I think superheroes are more suited to TV shows; you can have multiple plots/episodes based around the same villain.
>>
File: 78194-show-94013.jpg (105KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
78194-show-94013.jpg
105KB, 1280x768px
>>77734795
>Called Lewis Black
>Isn't black.
>>
>>77734433
>Kilgrave was fucking horrific.

>Babby's first TV-MA
>>
Marvel has villains? Didn't notice them.
>>
>>77726032
>I see Marvel can't stop killing off their villains.
The problem is.. NO ONE can stop killing their villains. It's a Marvel problem. It's a DC problem. It's just about any comic to live action adaptation problem.

We need a motherfucking #supervillainlivesmatter movement to teach these companies to quit killing every villain off. It's so played out and it stunts the growth of character development.
>>
>>77737619
For once, I agree with a tumblr friend
>>
>>77734807
But that's what we got. 13 full episodes on Kilgrave.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.