[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder this is getting animated. I'm scared they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: batman-the-killing-joke.jpg (538KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
batman-the-killing-joke.jpg
538KB, 1600x1200px
Reminder this is getting animated.

I'm scared they're going to fuck it up.
>>
Why do you fear what is certain? It's going to be shit just like every other recent adaption. Accept it and watch or don't watch.
>>
>>77723265
Hard to fuck up trash.
>>
Who cares? You're free to ignore its existence.
>>
>>77723483
Your parents told themselves this every day while raising you.
>>
>>77723505
Rude.
>>
>>77723265
Do we have voice actors yet? I know Hamil is doing Joker, but are they getting Conroy for Batman? Cause you can't have one without the other.
>>
>>77723561
Conroy is terrible nowadays anyway.
>>
>>77723265
Bruce Timm does the only good DC based animation, so it got a better shot than the anime rip-off tier shit that DC pulls nowadays.
>>
>>77723576
So is hamill due to him getting older, but I still would rather have Hamil/Conroy than Hamil and whomever they had do his voice in Arkham Knight.
>>
>>77723265
Imitating Bolland's art style would just look weird but Bruce Timm-style would not work well, either. They're gonna hafta do something specially visually to make it look good.
>>77723522
Returning after just under a years absence the other day, I genuinely thought that civility on this board was pretty much dead. Thanks for reaffirming my faith in /co/mrades.
>>
>>77723685
But Conroy did the voice in Knight?
>>
>>77723473
What do you mean by recent?
Also, are you talking just animated or all capeshit?
>>
File: 2790869-05.jpg (8KB, 320x244px) Image search: [Google]
2790869-05.jpg
8KB, 320x244px
>>77723808
I'd rather they rework the story to fit Bruce Timm's artstyle as oppose to trying to mishmash something that'll end up looking shit.
>>
>>77723685
Conroy did do Knight. He wasn't great, it was a long reminder that he's getting old. Rodger Craig Smith played Batman in Origins, which is probably what you meant.
>>
>>77723852
>>77723946
Yeah Origins was what I was thinking of.

He's getting old, but so is Hamill, you can tell the voice as wrecked his throat over the years because he strains to do the voice.
>>
I'm already anticipating assgaydubayous crying "rape!" "Muh soggy knee"
Remember folks, we can't have nice things
>>
>>77724167
Still sounds fine to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCVnWStLrg
>>
>>77724167
>>77723946

It always kills me that something so simple can be so destructive.

The worst part is that Conroy and Hamill both love doing the voices, but they're rapidly losing the ability.
>>
>>77723900
I mean the animated DC DTVs.
>>
>>77724258
The only I had with Conroy in Arkham Knight was more than likely due to voice direction more than anything. Batman's emotional range in the game ranged from usually cold shoulder, angry and angrier. Hamil was still good voice wise, but the reason why he intially said Arkham City was his last gig was because he can't really do the laugh anymore without hurting his throat. Hopefully he can belt one out at the end of The Killing Joke.
>>
>>77723685
at least in the games it makes sense for joker to get increasingly decrepit
>>77723946
>>77724167
conroy's been old forever. but hey, in the games he barely talks. if you ask me a much bigger problem is how people direct him now. Just like peter cullen, they just want the big dramatic serious voice they think they remember from their childhood, and instruct him not to use the nuance he ACTUALLY used back then. he's confirmed this in interviews, i'm not just making it up
>>77723925
>posting the worst example of timm's joker
i'll take skullhead over roundhead anyday
>>
>>77723265

When was this announced?
>>
it's still fucking weird to me that this was made in 1988. I mean I heard about it from time to time but I thought it was more bullshit modern-day reinventing of characters, fixing what wasnt broke.. and it turned out babs had been paralyzed nearly my entire life in the comics and I just didnt know because I went straight from adam west show to BTAS
you can bet if BTAS had been made today and killing joke had been made, like, 3 years prior, they wouldnt have given us a noncrippled babs.

no seriously i remember reading somewhere about batman beyond that it had been made before the killing joke, which is why they didnt have crippled futurebabs, because they hadnt known about it yet, but that they said they wish they had. now wherever i read that either it was bullshit or i interpreted it VERY badly.
>>
>>77725511
SDCC I think? It was a while ago.
>>
>>77725409
>worst example
literally shit taste, anon
>>
I hope they add more to it maybe extend the nude Barbara scene
I just can't imagine this being over 30 minutes
>>
>>77725794
dude I'll give you ROTJ joker wasnt too bad. not as good as his original blue meanie design but fine. But by justice league they were SERIOUSLY overdoing it. he's supposed to have a grotesquely long face, just as batman's supposed to have an almost impossibly lanterny jaw. instead they gave him this big round cranium and tiny pointy chin, dude was more POE than joker
>>
>>77725919
fat goddamn chance. they didnt even hint at that part in Arkham Knight's flashback
>>
>>77723946
>he wasn't great

How so? I thought he did just fine in Arkham Knight. I mean sure, he sounded older, but wasn't Bruce pushing 40 in Arkham Knight? It made sense.
>>
>>77724252
Thanks for making me giggle like an idiot anon
>>
it will be a travestein of justice if conroy never gets to play old-ass bruce in a batman beyond movie someday
dini fucking tried.. just couldnt get an agreement with WB. it didnt coalesce. fucking shame man. as big a shame as WB ripping off dini and smith's young-batman tv show idea then ruining it
>>
>>77724180

You're already triggered by things that haven't happened?
>>
>>77726715
never heard of being gunshy?
only a fool wouldn't start anticipating problems where they always arise
however a bigger fool VOICES those laments as prophecies rather than warnings, since they have a way of being self-fulfilling
>>
>>77723265
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about direct animated adaptations of comics?

Like, I've already read The Dark Knight Returns, Year One, The Killing Joke, etc. Why would I wanna watch the exact same thing on a screen?

I don't mind movies that borrow certain elements, but spin their own story.
>>
>>77726838
I certainly don't think self-contained one-off stories like The Killing Joke need to be adapted, no way. they're fine as they are.
but longer, more meandering ones... especially the BIG events.. absolutely! Secret Wars got brilliantly adapted in 90s spider-man, at least within the limits they had. they were even lucky enough to get storm because her actress happened to be in LA (and y'know, rights issues hadnt clogged everything to hell yet)
My shiny grail at the moment is to see the Death of Superman adapted into a nice concise movie (not a shitty rushed one like the one we got) that's mostly accurate to the comics but keeps only the good important bits. More likely it'd have to be a trio of movies, to fit in the whole reign of the supermen thing. and that's my favorite part, i fucking love that. I love everything about it. I was introduced to it by the SNES beatemup game which.. obviously wasn't able to do it full justice, but still told the story and showed the fantastic characters.
>>
>>77726990
an' also,
let's face it, comics kind of suck when they do huge crossovers.. it's a really shaky medium that does its best but has a huge mess to juggle. So an ideal adaptation from comics to animation (or whatever) should give you the impression that the comics they were based on WERE a nice concise one-off like the dark knight returns or whatever, even if in reality they weren't. Kinda like how every adaptation of the black costume spider-man thing improves greatly on the rambling, inconsistent bits in the comics, and ties it together so it feels cohesive.. Maybe someday they'll even improve the clone saga (haha it could happen.. right? i guess that's about as likely as getting our Maximum Carnage adaptation with violence and obscure (read: unprofitable) guest-stars intact)
>>
now that the dust has settled

How did you feel about Troy Baker joker?
>>
>>77727332
Tried too hard to imitate Hamill and came off annoying. He probably would have been better off trying something new.
>>
>>77727332
masterful impersonation. i'll take hamill-lite over no hamill at all. I'd love it if he took over as the sort of official replacement in the future. The kind of thing Disney does because they have versions of characters that are so solidly associated with VERY distinctive voices, and are fortunate enough to have the likes of jim cummings replacing the likes of paul winchell and sterling holloway.. actually cummings has replaced like a half dozen people, he even replaced peter cullen in a role once. That guy's amazing. But you know what I mean. they have a designated replacement for robin williams' genie in things.. at one point it was castellaneta but now they have an even more accurate one for kingdom hearts and shit.
>>
>>77725966
Strongly disagree. It was the best of both worlds kind of design, mixing the old/new batman mid-tier design into a sexy sleek one. Timm outdid himself on JL Joker.
>>
>>77726715
But they happened, there was a petition to cancel this movie you retard
>>
>>77724275
>I mean the animated DC DTVs.
Fair call. I didn't dislike Gods and Monsters.
>>
>>77725980
It was bad enough having to watch her lying there gasping in agony as she bleeds out everywhere. I'd have turned the machine off if he'd started undressing her.
>>
Has there been a single worthwhile DC Animated film?
>>
>>77723265
>muh precious untouchable comics
>muh don't adapt something I don't want
>>>reddit
>>
>>77727332
Would probably be better if given a chance to shine by coming up with his own Joker voice, but in a game universe where Joker's already got an established voice I think he did a fine enough job impersonating Hamill.
>>
>>77723685
hamill's bam ham joker sounds a bit different than in tas but you can tell he still has lots of fun with the character

conroy's performance in all three games was wooden and phoned in
>>
>>77730047

Under the Red Hood
>>
>>77730047
There have been many.

Here are, in my opinion, the top 10 animated superhero films. Most are DC.

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (Radomski and Timm, 1993)
2. The Incredibles (Bird, 2004)
3. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (Oliva, 2013)
4. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Geda, 2000)
5. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (Oliva, 2013)
6. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 (Oliva, 2012)
7. Batman: Under the Red Hood (Vietti, 2010)
8. Justice League: Gods and Monsters (Liu, 2015)
9. Batman: Assault on Arkham (Oliva and Spaulding, 2014)
10. Batman: Year One (Liu and Montgomery, 2011)

Honourable Mention: Megamind (McGrath, 2010)
>>
>>77731527
The Incedibles is the only good movie you listed.
>>
>>77723265
With Timm at the helm, he'll at least make it faithful to the source material, he'll never give into the SJW audience, however, it might not be well-executed, but we'll just have to wait
>>
>>77731622
Really? Not even Mask of the Phantasm? That's a shame. I love that movie.
>>
Someone got source on this? I just heard about it now.
>>
>>77731622
>Under the Red Hood
>not good
>>
>>77731622
Mask of the Phantasm is a fucking masterpiece dude...
>>
>>77731527
>Flashpoint Paradox
>Gods and Monsters
>Year One

That is some top-shelf shit there.
>>
>>77723265
It's one of the worst -- and yet still somehow overrated -- Batman comics of all time. But you can probably bank on it being shit because DC hasn't managed to put out a halfway decent adaptation since The Dark Knight Returns.
>>
>>77731921
>It's one of the worst -- and yet still somehow overrated -- Batman comics of all time.
Don't be ridiculous. It's not that great, but it's certainly not that bad.
>>
>>77727525
how was he sleek or sexy in any way? he looked like a grandma
>>
>>77729694
>i want to watch things involving murderous psychopaths but i dont want to see them doing intentionally disturbing things to intentionally disturb other characters in the story
okay
you realize you are the psycho for being disturbed by nudity, right?
>>
>>77733397
Not the nudity by itself, more the spectacularly rapey vibes from the whole scene.
>>
>>77733511
It's sexual assault, not rape.
>>
File: gsa.gif (922KB, 465x296px) Image search: [Google]
gsa.gif
922KB, 465x296px
>>77731527
Rasputin-san approves of your taste
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.