[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Marvel acquired the X-Men franshise, will it be better or worse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 10

File: z4funs52lbfwpsmofdik.jpg (57KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
z4funs52lbfwpsmofdik.jpg
57KB, 636x358px
If Marvel acquired the X-Men franshise, will it be better or worse?
>>
Get this mutant cancer out of my MCU.
>>
>>77722476

Worse. Fox is doing good just keep feeding boys and drugs to Singer.
>>
>>77722630
Yeah I feel it will lose it's dark feel
>>
>>77722476
>>77722630
Better. Fox has yet to even tap into the potential of that franchise and the box-office proves it.

Just a dull production when they aren't often dumping out trash.
>>
>>77722687
I can see Marvel giving X-Men a tv show rather than a movie
>>
>>77722742
I can see Marvel giving the X-men a quipping fest blockbuster and shit characters. No thanks.
>>
>>77722644
It for sure would lose it's dark feel.
Disney would turn it into yet another super family friendly series; we'd never get anything close to a rated R movie under them.
Although it would lead to a potentially dark Netflix series.
>>
>>77722476
Worse. Singer has done better with than X-Men than Marvel has over the past 15 years barring Grant Morrison.
>>
>>77722687

And you think the bland and formulaic MCU can do any better? Can you imagine how they'd fuck up Magneto? Not to mention Fox has done some GOAT casting for many of them.
>>
>>77722687
Why the fuck are you marveldrones so obsessed with box office numbers? DoFP was a better movie than anything from the MCU.
>>
>>77722476
Could go either way. X2 was excellent, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine was atrocious.
>>
>>77723013

A bar so low you can trip over it.
>>
>>77723070
Who are you insulting here - Marvel, Singer or Morrison?
>>
>>77722476
The comics would probably be better, and that's all I give a shit about.
>>
>>77723101

Marvel.

I've got no beef with Singer and Morrison, I'm just saying the handling of the X-Men has been pathetic for over a decade.
>>
>>77723132

meant for

>>77723082
>>
>>77723132
Kyle and Yost's New X-Men and X-Force and Remender's Uncanny X-Force were pretty damn good, but that's all we've had since Morrison left, every thing else has been either middle of the road or just pure shit. :(
>>
Marvel Studios is not prepared to handle the heavy societal issues at the heart of X-Men. You cannot defeat bigotry in two hours. Maybe once the Russos set the style in Infinity War, then Marvel can be trusted with something heavier.

I like that X-Men has its own thing. I like that X-Men can have spinoffs for Deadpool and Gambit while Marvel Studios can make Ant-Man. Consolidating all that shit under one studio, one or two movies a year, would be disastrous.
>>
>>77722476
Worse because they'd have to find a way to jam it in there.
Same with Fantastic Four.
Atleast Spidey works as a starter kit hero so they don't have to pretend he was just under a rock this whole time.
But Fantastic Four don't work as well in a Marvel that's this far ahead of them.
>>
>>77723879
If Marvel ever got FF or X-Men back, I'd imagine there would be some sort of a soft reboot to add them in or they'd get them back around the time for a planned refresh.
>>
>>77723879
>>77723936
I do not understand why you can't have the Fantastic Four after Infinity War.
>>
>>77723370
Having X-Men separate from the MCU makes things nice and neat. Having mutants in Disney's continuity would raise the sort of awkward questions that we get in comics.
>>
>>77723936
The Fantastic Four works best as a TV series that emulates the zanyness we see in CW Flash. The F4 aren't just superheroes; they're Marvel's First Family. They're scientific adventurers that go to new horizons and would die for each other.
>>
>>77723879
>>77723936
Just because the FF are the first marvel family doesn't mean they have to be the first in the MCU. You can just have their origin after IW.
>>
The people in charge of X-Men, know what they're doing. They can balance humor and grittiness. I do like the variation in tone between the two as well. Quite frankly I've gotten bored of MCU films. I do however hate that Marvel are being petty assholes about it and Inhumans have all but replaced Mutants.
>>
>>77722476
Better

Keeping Mutants away from the rest of the Marvel Universe is a good idea so the whole fuck mutants but other types of super powers are ok shit doesn't need to be addressed

Wish Fantastic Four was in the MCU though
>>
Much better, Fox has been running X-Men into the fucking ground like they have done with FF.
>>
>>77724731
I take it you've only seen X3 and Origins.
>>
>>77723016
Casting, sure, /co/ casts stuff decently too from day to day, Written, directed or presented? Every single one of the X-Files have fucking sucked, beyond 1 or 2 scenes.
>>
>>77724746
You kidding? I've seen them all, and I'm an X-Fag, and I STILL say they haven't made a decent X-Movie yet. What now?
>>
>>77724731
We would probably have wolverine movies in which he never pops his claws or always figures out a way to knock someone out without them
I think it would be entirely different under Marvel not worse just really different
>>
>>77724814
I say you have shit taste or are just lying.
DoFP is better than anything made by Marvel Studios.
>>
>>77723016
>Not to mention Fox has done some GOAT casting for many of them.

New gen looks pretty weak though desu
>faggot looking scott
>megalopolis jean grey

Hopefully they're pushed to the side and aren't central to the films
>>
>>77722476
Worse.

X-Men and Avengers should be in separate universes.
>>
>>77724836
>DofP was good
Sorry, I can't agree with you, a movie that's only purpose is to reboot the universe just didn't do anything for me. The only part of the movie that was worth mentioning was Peter Maxi's slow mo scene everything else was pretty fucking terrible. I understand that it's the trendy thing to hate Marvel films and all, but let's not lie to ourselves and say DofP wasn't just slightly better than Origins, because we all know, deep in our hearts, that it wasnt.
>>
>>77724833

Yeah it's not like the MCU hasn't shown people getting shredded through fans or anything.

Dank Disney memes aside, the MCU has its fair share of violence.

>>77724850

>not being hype for Sansa Jean

Whatever you think of GoT she's genuinely good on it.
>>
File: tumblr_n6biyuqdXq1qfo8s1o5_250.jpg (114KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6biyuqdXq1qfo8s1o5_250.jpg
114KB, 250x250px
marvel already killed one of my quickfu's, they can't have the other
>>
>>77724909
Let's not forget all the sex and disturbing violence in Jessica Jones and Daredevil.
>>
>>77724935

Well Netflix MCU isn't the same as Movie MCU.

I doubt we're going to get a movie with the level of physical or emotional violence as DD or JJ.
>>
>>77722476
No, I like the MCU but I feel like the X-Men movies have their own style to them that doesn't really fit into the MCU.
>>
>>77725001
While that may be true, they still exsist in the same universe no matter what Whedon says, they must be included in the MCU if people are going to complain about it. That's like bitching about how WWE sucks when all you watch is Smackdown.
>>
File: 1317776795289.jpg (50KB, 404x267px) Image search: [Google]
1317776795289.jpg
50KB, 404x267px
>>77724909
>Whatever you think of GoT she's genuinely good on it.
>she's genuinely good on it.
>genuinely good
>genuinely
>good
>>
>>77722476
Comparing to the comics
the xmens storyline in the movies is sadly better than the comics right now which only means marvel is really really shit
I would rather read Xmen Movie universe comics than whats going on right now and that's not something I want to do either
Marvel should stay away from X-Men just like it should stay away from Avengers that Civil War Trailer was complete trash and only showed how formulaic the entire franchise is Captain America and Captain America Color Swap vs Iron Man and Iron Man Color Swap
I would really just want a reboot/a new director/a new writer/ new actors even if Disney is doing it but I would not want it part of the MCU that shit is TV Quality
>>
Worse. I do not like to see Marvel and Disney turn the X-Men to a joke like they did with Thor.
>>
>>77725083
Lol at that WWE reference. Sheamus sucks tho
>>
>>77722989
Netflix seems pretty locked in on only doing defenders shit. They have no more room for anything else.

And marvel would sure as fuck ruin it the way they're going. It would have loads of stupid joked stuffed in and things like a deadpool movie would be turned pg-13 Reddit tier garbage.
>>
I think it would be more like most X-Men stories and less like the dramas they have been.
>>
File: wolverine watamote.jpg (55KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
wolverine watamote.jpg
55KB, 480x700px
The Marvel cinematic universe is better off without X-Men, because you know goddamned well they won't be able to stop themselves from putting Wolverine into EVERY GODDAMNED MOVIE once they re-acquire the rights.

>this was the only wolverine picture saved on my computer...
>>
>>77725465
He does, but at least he doesn't look stupid, am I right?
>>
>>77724907
>The only part of the movie that was worth mentioning was Peter Maxi's slow mo scene everything else was pretty fucking terrible
Well then, thanks for showing your taste.
>>
>>77725655
What else was worth the time for you to tell your friends about? Old and young Charles talking? Magneto not killing everyone? Or Quicksilver playing ping pong with himself. Oh, wait, I know, how about how super Sentinels killed everyone at the beginning of the movie! Yeah, that must be it.

Shit movie with shit delusional fans.
>>
>>77722476
>mixing mutants with other superhumans
Worse. Much worse.
>>
>>77725747
I guess that's why it has a higher score than anything from the MCU on imdb.
None of those scenes come close to "Dance off bro!", Trevor Slattery, or old men running around in their underwear.
>>
>>77725972
Well, I did get a 100 dollar kickback for them overcharging my Unlimited account, so, I dunno, -6.50? The price of a ticket at my local cinema.
>>
i know next to nothing about the licensing issues with Fox and the X-men. Im presuming theres a gigantic financial cost to pulling the license from Fox. How gigantic are we talking here?
>>
>>77726097
probably around $2B whatever the revenue you expect to lose for not making X-Men movies for 5-7 years
>>
Better for the movies, worse for the MCU in general.
>>
>>77722687
The premise of X-Men works when its separate from the rest of Marvel.

When you have Spidey and co running around the whole "people fear people with powers" premise falls on its arse.
>>
>>77726097
Not nearly as much as the, sadly, damaged Fantastic Four license.
>>
>>77722964
right, because superero movies and blockbusters are diametrically opposed. I need French New Wave insprired mumblecoreart movies.
Or maybe just shit tier cgi fests with shit writing lots of Wolverine and Mystique and no fucking continutity.
>>
>>77723035
so when a movie tanks...its better?
MUH LIBRUL MEDYA
>>
>>77726355
Norah Jones and Linkin Park were the best music artists in the early 2000s, right? I mean, they did sell the most, clearly that's all that counts.
>>
>>77726355

>Avatar is the best film of all time

>Jurassic World was the best film of 2015

Ideally no one would ever use box office numbers in quality arguments, but the Internet will never understand that.
>>
>>77726500
>Ideally no one would ever use box office numbers in quality arguments
That's ridiculous.

It's stupid to say "This movie made more money, therefore it's better."
It's stupid to say "This movie won more awards, therefore it's better."
It's stupid to say "This movie was more enjoyed by audiences, therefore it's better."
It's stupid to say "This movie had a better critical reception, therefore it's better."

But, to measure it in several or all of these ways, and then to use each point in an argument relevant to quality, is totally fine. You're presenting facts from a variety of angles - and one of those angles is how many people paid for the product. There's nothing wrong with this.

For example, to say Jurassic World is the best film of 2015 because it made the most money would be stupid. Obviously. No argument from me.

But to say Jurassic World made the most money in 2015, has an average audience score of 7.1/10 on IMDb and a 64% top critic approval rating on RottenTomatoes isn't an opinion. It's just facts. And from these facts we can argue that audiences very much wanted to see the movie, were satisfied with it but not blown away, and only around half of critics think it was worth seeing. And that's an entirely reasonable use of "box-office numbers in a quality argument."
>>
File: how does it eat.jpg (164KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
how does it eat.jpg
164KB, 1440x960px
>>77722476
Of course it would be better. Why wouldn't it?

Days of Future Past was fine, but the rest of the franchise has been a middling mess at best.
>>
DoFP's entire concept was retarded from the ground up. That's not how time travel works. I should know, I'm the Craigslist guy.
>>
>>77722476
Nope it's be worse.
Xmen was always best separated from the MCU and with a dark edge - the Xmen are tragic heroes afterall. I don't want it to turn into action comedy quips, like Bendis' run did.
>>
>>77725747
>Old and young Charles talking? Magneto not killing everyone? Or Quicksilver playing ping pong with himself. Oh, wait, I know, how about how super Sentinels killed everyone at the beginning of the movie!

All of that was great. what are you talking about?

Don't forget things like Magnetos stadium and the happy ending
>>
>>77727020
>X1, X2, First Class
>A mess at best

Yeah okay.
>>
File: incredible_hulk_ver2_xlg.jpg (322KB, 1500x1127px) Image search: [Google]
incredible_hulk_ver2_xlg.jpg
322KB, 1500x1127px
>>77727020
>posting a movie that even the studio pretends doesn't exist

I can do that, too.
>>
i want a netflix or hbo type series that starts off being about cyclops and the original five and just grows and grows until there are like 50 characters.
>>
>>77727120
X1 and First Class are overrated as fuck.

>>77727172
I thought they were treating that movie as canon and ignoring the Eric Bana movie?
>>
it would be extremely quipful
>>
>>77722476
Worse as they'll be forced to address the in-continuity downplaying of mutants before they can even consider adding them to the MCU
>>
>>77727200
What the fuck does "quipful" even mean?
>>
>>77727406
FOr You
>>
It would be closer to the comic universe. So infinitely worse
>>
>>77727199

That movie is canon. Ross is in Civil War
>>
>>77722687
I don't know man, young Xavier is probably my favorite protagonist in any superhero movies so far. I like that it feels like it's own thing in and of itself.
>>
>>77722476
On the one hand, if they get the X-Men back they'll probably stop the ridiculous Inhuman push which would be nice.
But on the other hand, if they did have access to Mutants, they might try to do an M-Day scenario and fuck over Wanda.
Keep the Muties Fox. We don't need them.
>>
>>77727474
I agree

It's kind of depressing that he becomes shitty wheelchair stalker man instead of staying bipedal suave WASP blue blood
>>
>>77727434
I don't get it
>>
>>77726248

This.

The whole mutants vs normies plot drama makes little sense with the avengers and shit running around.
>>
>>77727467
Can we please just have ONE second where Ross references the first movie? Maybe like, 'Have you seen Bruce? My stupid daughters been asking about him and wondering why he left her for slut widow'.
>>
>>77722476
can't be worse..
>>
>>77723879
Well the FF are scientists and explorers first.
>>
>>77727596
>"Dance off, Magneto! You and me!"
It can be so much worse,
>>
>>77723181
>Kyle and Yost's New X-Men and X-Force and Remender's Uncanny X-Force were pretty damn good, but that's all we've had since Morrison left
There's several other great runs after Morrison. I don't know how you would arrive at this assumption.
>>
File: D4VfU1[1].gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
D4VfU1[1].gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>77727685
>>
>>77729557
So that's why he crippled Xavier.
>>
>>77722476
Better.
While I liked X-men 1 and 2, Last Stand was noticeably worse.
Origins was godawful.
First Class - extremely boring, especially with my love to comics.
Days of Future Past could be called good only in comparisom to previous works.
Cast for a new movie at the moment is dissapointing.

And I hope Marvel will stop trying to kill X-men.
>>
>>77722476
Definitely worse. MCU never did a single good movie.
>>
>>77726248
Not this meme again.

>>77727543
GTFO newfag
>>
>>77723016
This. MCU Magneto would be quipping about holocaust.
>>
>>77729529
Well he probably doesn't read comics and just repeats whatever someone says on /co/

Otherwise he would knew about Legacy, X-Factor, Gillen's run
>>
>>77724833
No, we would have Wolverine in a single fucking movie. I think that X-Men make sense to be in the universe along other heroes, however if X-Men were in MCU, you can bet your ass that Wolverine to be a part of every team. So I'm okay with X-Men being isolated from the shitty MCU
>>
>>77724814
You should kill yourself for being a liar?

>>77724907
Yup, a pathological liar. You didn't see a single movie.
>>
>>77725782
The idea works in the comics, but in the movies it would be annoying.
>>
>>77729906
He'd be in every flash back and part of every origin
>>
>>77726209
it would be completely opposite. Marvel is so butthurt over x-men that they killed quicksilver and turned scarlet witch into Jean Grey rip-off
>>
>>77726929
2sensible44chan

But yeah, you're right
>>
>>77727020
How it would be better? Elaborate
>>
>>77727489
You need them, but you won't get them. Thankfully for everyone involved.
>>
>>77729933
Oh, I remember that great thread, where everyone wrote how would Wolverine fit into the origin of every marvel hero, like Logan telling Uncle Ben about Power and responsibility, or being the driver responsible for DD's blindness, etc.
>>
>Behold! Optic shawarma!
MCU's take on X-Men.
>>
>>77730001
Funny thing is, Whedon was supposed to be X-Men director at some point before Singer. His pitch was however rejected, due to too much pop-culture references and juvenile humor.

The only leftover from Whedon's script was the Storm's joke about Toad
>>
>>77730013
I really believe you I'm not going to google for source
that makes so much sense now
>>
>>77730013
>>77730024
Also the line with Wolverine and Cyclops
"Whoa, whoa, it's me."
"Prove it."
"You're a dick."
"Okay."
Also Whedon.
>>
>>77730024
actually, I remember being at least two articles dedicated to various X-men movie legends.

Give me a time, I'll search for it.
>>
>>77729941
B-but she's magic! She's not telekinetic!
And people are deluding themselves into Doctor Strange movie having Scarlet Witch.
>>
http://bouncykitty.tumblr.com/post/56797799063/adventure-team-in-1989-carolco-pictures

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-7847.html

>Whedon’s draft, titled “X-Men”, centers on Jean Grey’s transformation in the Phoenix, and was rejected because it relied too much on “quick-witted pop culture references”.
>>
>>77730095
Kek.
Fuck Whedon.
>>
>When Marvel Tried To Make An Inhumans Movie 14 Years Ago

>Paramount wanted to buy it, but when Marvel eventually did check their contracts, they found that Fox had the rights to use the Inhumans in films since their first appearance was in The Fantastic Four.

>Marvel even offered the project to Fox, as it was fully funded, but Fox said no.

>Well, just as there proved some wiggle room with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, so Marvel Studios believe they have similar wiggle room now.

>It may need a namechange to Nuhmans, and they may need to use all the new characters they have been creating recently across the world, rather than Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Lockjaw and others from the original appearances.
>>
>>77730163
Inhumans are with Fox, Nuhumans are Marvel's?
>>
>>77730178
Fuck if I know
>>
>>77730163
If this is true Disney shit the bed
>>
>>77730186
It'd be hilarious if that's case and in future event all old Inhumans are killed off.
>>
>>77730196
Whether it's true or not, it's a fact that you can't separate 50+ years of inhumans from FF.

If marvel wants to publish old inhumans stories, they are forced to publish FF issues.
>>
>>77730308
Well, marvel is done creatively anyway, they could very well publish only reprints.
>>
Cyke fags and MCU drones are literally the only ones who hate the X-Men movies. Not to say that the XX-Me flicks have been perfect, the only ones who cry about them are the shit taste Rightclops crowd (who ALSO happen to be comics-casual MCUdrones) and the regarded MCU drones themselves.

"Reee why is Wolverine in an X-men movie??? Where is the dance off???"
>>
File: shig.jpg (93KB, 738x560px) Image search: [Google]
shig.jpg
93KB, 738x560px
>le better in their own universe meme
>>
>>77731786
Sorry, Storm. You're still with muggas. Your marriage to Black Panther won't take you to Avengers movie.
>>
>>77731786
Or maybe I just hate Jennifer Lawrence.
>>
>>77731806
the marvel shills never take a day off. Not even on thanksgiving day
>>
>>77731786
>Where is the dance off???"
Keep trying to force that meme. Maybe in another decade it'll be the new Baneposting.
>>
>>77732037
Go Oooga Chaka yourself
>>
>>77732057
Sure thing big guy.
>>
"Fox doesn't follow the source material like Marvel does."
>>
>>77732037
"There aren't even that many quips in the MCU. Stop exaggerating."
>>
>>77732070
This one takes the cake. Of course Fox doesn't follow source material, because marvel changes the source material to fit TV and movies.
>>
File: Frankie-Donjae-Bryan-Singer.jpg (34KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
Frankie-Donjae-Bryan-Singer.jpg
34KB, 400x299px
>>77722476
It would be more consistently watchable, there could be crossovers, and Hollywood comic book movie production would have 97% less underage twinkfuck. Win all around.
>>
>>77722476
As long as they don't black up the characters.

Seriously why not just shill for the originally conceived Poc members.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.