[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a DCfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: dc-comics.jpg (139KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
dc-comics.jpg
139KB, 400x224px
I want to get back into DC comics. In your opinion which are their best works that MUST be read from the last 5 years?
>>
Grayson
Midnighter
Martain Manhunter
Robin, Son of Batman
JL 3000 and 3001
>>
>>77720673
Aquaman
Wonder Woman before Finch
Grayson
Red Lanterns (the stuff written by Charles Soule)
>>
THE ABSOLUTE MUST
Multiversity

GREAT
Swamp Thing (entire N52 run)
Animal Man (entire N52 run)
The Omega Men
Brian Azzarello's Wonder Woman

GOOD
Greg Pak's Action Comics
Geoff Johns' Aquaman
Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato's The Flash
Grayson
Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow
Justice League from Forever Evil onwards
Justice League 3000/3001
Cyborg
Scott Snyder's Batman
Peter J. Tomasi's Batman & Robin
>>
>>77720673
Definitely Teen Titans.
Best book of the New52, anyone who says otherwise is just trying to be contrarian and keep you from enjoying a good book.
>>
>>77720888
Which run of Aquaman?

Also, I just discovered today from a friend that worked with the artist of the New 52, how it was he that made Jeoff to writte him.
>>
File: 1442544974055.jpg (35KB, 280x209px) Image search: [Google]
1442544974055.jpg
35KB, 280x209px
>>77720982
Good try anon.
>>
>>77720673

Justice League (Start from New 52)
Flash (Start of New 52 up until Francis Manapul leaves)
Aquaman (Start from New 52)
Green Arrow (Don't start from New 52. Start from the issue where Jeff Lemire began writing.)
Wonder Woman (Start from the New 52)
Batman (Start from New 52)
>>
File: 1447105784989.jpg (34KB, 440x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447105784989.jpg
34KB, 440x400px
>>77720947
>Scott Snyder

Not OP, but its funny how his works are divisive here.
>>
>>77720995
New52 Aquaman, Johns, then Parker. Skip the Aquaman and the Others sidestory and Bunn's run.
>>
>>77720673
One standalone, kind of...is Hal Jordan from Darkseid wars, from King.

It's one if the best stories abojt Hal for quite long time.

Are the rest of the Darkseid Wars worth picking?
>>
File: love it.jpg (31KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
love it.jpg
31KB, 400x347px
>>77720715
>>77720888
>>77720947
>>77721014
>>77721289
>>77721658

Thanks guys, I apreciate your help.

One question tho: No good Superman run on the last years? I thought that Grant Morisson wrotte some thing from him on New 52.
>>
>>77722182
Pak's Action Comics is pretty good, that started in Action Comics #25

Geoff Johns also did a short Superman run from Superman #32-39 that was nice
>>
>>77722182
Nothing too great. Pak's Action Comics was pretty good, it's starting to get a little broody at points now, but it's still good. Johns' run was good, I personally couldn't dig the art, though. Also, Supergirl #36-40 of the New 52 run was good.
>>
>>77721014
>Wonder Woman (Start from the New 52)
And stop when the Finches take over.
>>
>>77722182
There is Adventures of Superman but it's not canon to the main universe.
>>
>>77721230
Snyder's main problem is he writes a horrible Joker, and needs to stay away from him but can't. He also needs to write shorter arcs, but eh.

Death of the Family and Endgame are poor. Owls, Zero Year, and the current arc are good.
>>
There have been some pretty good stuff, but except for Multiversity, there's really been nothing that can be described as much read in the past 5 years.
>>
>>77723296
Owls ending was stupid. I'd rate it alongside Endgame.

>>77720673
>>77720947
I'd also add Morrison's Batman Inc, Johns' GL, Larfleeze, Soule's Red Lanterns and Sinestro to this list.
>>
>>77720947
>Multiversity
Literally "what the fuck is going on" tier
>>
>>77724035
DUDE CASUAL LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO

DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO

DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO
>>
>>77722182

1-19 is Morrison and Rags
25-? is Pak and Kuder

20-24 are growing pains
>>
>>77722182
Morrison wrote Action Comics from the start of New 52, except it actually starts at 5 years before the rest of the books (except probably Bats, which I haven't bothered with personally). If you like Morrison (and even if you don't), it's pretty good. The first trade is tier one stuff, the middle books that comprise the second volume is necessary for the pay off in the third and is definitely enjoyable (it's the only new 52 books I've re-read so far, and I'm pretty much with everyone else on most of the recs you are getting - like Flash until Manapul leave, Aquaman from the start but avoid Bunn and the side book, etc., etc.).

The payoff to the Action Comics run is really great, especially if you have any DC history to you, which it sounds like you do. Unfortunately, the run is hurt by the art, that's really my only complaint, but it's still a great run.

Since you said 5 years, I'd check out the Black Ring Action Comics (that closed out vol. 1 of that run) books and you probably want to check out some of the Flashpoint books although you don't need.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.