[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do digital comics costs the same as the physical? Shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Comixology.jpg (55KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
Comixology.jpg
55KB, 851x315px
Why do digital comics costs the same as the physical? Shouldn't the lack of overhead mean they can drop prices to increase sales whike still net gaining?
>>
>>77717127
>Shouldn't the lack of overhead
There is still overhead cost, plus digital books don't bring in ad revenue
>>
>>77717127

>Why lower the money when we earn more?
>>
>>77717127
>"Instead of doing proper research on this subject, I'll just ask that bastion of reliable knowledge, 4chan!"
Kill yourself. Seriously, just die.
>>
>>77717127
>Why do digital comics costs the same as the physical?

Parity with brick & mortar stores.
>>
>>77717127

Yes, but storage (a good storage like EMC or 3PAR costs a lot ). remember, they dont spen paper, but they need computer infrastructure.

And an operation 24/7 means also a DR and backups...
>>
>>77717127
I'm sure Diamond would throw a fit if they tried that.
>>
>>77717156
>plus digital books don't bring in ad revenue

I'm surprised no one else noticed this when talking about digital comics.
>>
>>77717306
Yeah there are almost never paid ads in digital books while they are still in floppies, I'm surprised nobody ever brings that up when they're complaining that digital costs the same
>>
>>77717231
Why? I mean, it's not like it hurts you any. If someone buys from xology instead of an lcs, I still make the sale,
>>
>>77717127

>People will pay the same for a cheaper product.

That's where any consideration ends for any company.
>>
>>77717490
The LCS (and diamond) see it as losing a potential sale
>>
File: Nice try.jpg (28KB, 872x177px) Image search: [Google]
Nice try.jpg
28KB, 872x177px
>>
>lack of overhead

There's still fees associated with digital publishing. They are just different from printing costs.
>>
You're right, physical comics should be more expensive.
>>
I blame Diamond mostly.
I heard if digital wasn't priced the same they'd throw a fit.
>>
>>77717871
Yeah, but economically what does it do to the publisher?
>>
Why does Diamons acting up matter? If theu get mad that folks are buying from you digitally and not from them, doesn't that prove just how useless they are? If hypothetically the big 2 went all digital, what would Diamond do about it?
>>
>>77718992
Diamond is part of the Zionist NWO, they have the power to RUIN the big 2.
>>
>>77718941
>>77718992
If you threaten to put your own distributors and retailers out of business, you're cannibalizing your own business model. The traditional distribution model still accounts for more sales than digital.
>>
>>77719145
My point is, that you would just be shifting it around, if the lcs lose sales to your digital platform, you aren't actually loosing sales, its like if you leave your girlfriend for blow jobs from some other chick, and her ultimatum is that she won't blow you anymore, it's redundant
>>
>>77719335
You're not following. Let's say I sell 80 physical comics a month and 20 digital comics a month. If I completely cease selling physical comics, there is no guarantee that those 80 readers will start paying for digital copies.
>>
>>77719541
People that have gone full digital don't seem to understand this.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.