[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm reading Sandman for first time and I don't see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

So I'm reading Sandman for first time and I don't see what's the appealing. It's a pretenciious boring comic with a Shakespeare wannabe forcefully shoved
>>
Don't forget the terrible, inconsistent art.
>>
forcefully shoved....

Finish your fucking thought OP
The suspense is killing me
>>
File: 1442945106017.png (877KB, 900x1346px) Image search: [Google]
1442945106017.png
877KB, 900x1346px
>>77709887
What's it like living with the worst taste ever?
>>
>>77709887
>a Shakespeare wannabe
You have no idea what you're saying, do you?
>>
You have to understand that the comics industry and readership was completely different back then. Watchmen was still fresh in readers' minds, and creators/companies were experimenting with what they could put out. Part of the appeal was that in the late 80s comics like Sandman and the others that would go on to form the Vertigo imprint were a new direction for DC, and comics in general.
>>
File: baitornotbait.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
baitornotbait.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>
>>77709887
It was big with goths back when goth existed.
>>
Hey, /lit/. That's some nice bait you got there.
>>
>>77709887
Maybe you should go back to read your simples web comics.
>>
Not OP but whats the appeal of sandman?

like what I've seen looks cool but I've been disappointed by comics that everyone else praises before.

Whats so great about it?
>>
>>77709887
I'm reading it for the first time also and I'm enjoying it. I felt the same as you after the first arc but I just finished the doll and it really got me into it.
>>
I should read Overture first?
>>
>>77709887
You started at the beginning? If so, stay with it for at least another trade; things get better, I promise.
>>77711398
That's a really good question, and there's not really a quick and simple answer to it. Everything's so well put together (excusing the start, where Gaiman was finding his feet, and that's still pretty good) that it ends up drawing you in and making you think.
>>
>>77712081
It was the latest comic so no.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 372x546px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 372x546px
>>77712134
B-but its a prequel
>>
>>77711398
It's good, dark fantasy about an autistic learning to get along with people.
>>
>>77712233
It spoils a lot of things from the original. It's more like a realy unnecessary epilogue disguised as a prequel. The art is nice tho
>>
Never read it. Hope to soon.
>>
File: 1336367214526.gif (494KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
1336367214526.gif
494KB, 350x260px
>>77709887
I also read it because people said it was too good and all that stuff, I got disappointed. but then again it's my opinion, we all have different tastes about different stuff.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.