[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Not your FAULT!? >Who filled my head with dreams? >Who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: tai-lung.jpg (83KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
tai-lung.jpg
83KB, 720x540px
>Not your FAULT!?
>Who filled my head with dreams?
>Who drove me to train until my bones cracked?
>Who denied me my destiny?

>All I ever did, I did to make you PROUD!
>TELL ME HOW PROUD YOU ARE, SHIFU!
>TELL ME! TELL ME!

Was Tai-Lung a tragic villain created by his circumstances or was he just a spoiled brat who got mad he wasn't getting the gold star?
>>
>>77709276
Why can't it be both?
>>
He was both.

Maybe he did get a raw deal, but it's how he chose to handle it that separates him from Po.
>>
Blame goes all around, in this case.

That being said, it probably didn't help that they kept him in pretty horrific prison conditions.
>>
>>77709276
Shifu is partly to blame since he drove Tai-Lung so hard and couldn't see what he was doing to him until it was too late.

Po went through it and still kept up his happy side and that's partly what separates him from Tai-Lung. Tai-Lung grew to resent Shifu for his training and encouragement, only to be imprisoned.
>>
>>77709276
Huh, this movie and Ant-Man are basically the same movie.
>>
File: 1392671860657.jpg (105KB, 1237x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1392671860657.jpg
105KB, 1237x1237px
>>77709427
>>
>>77709427

I'm glad you've only seen two movie in your entire life, you stupid motherfucker. Have you ever seen any other martial arts movies even?
>>
>>77709276
The second one
>>
Yes.

Sifu's pride set him up for a fall, Oogway's refusal to actually explain his decisions set the stage for Tai Lung's rampage, but no one MADE him do it.
>>
Who was a better villain, Shen or Tai-Lung?

And who hype for KFP3?
>>
>>77709475
It's a pretty specific plot.

>Mentor gets goofy new pupil.
>New pupil met with scorn by mentor's (surrogate) daughter, who is more skilled and feels the role should be hers instead.
>She is hardened and bitter from the distant relationship she has from mentor, which is a result of his tragic family past.
>New pupil and daughter gradually warm up to each other.
>Villain is former pupil who mentor abandoned for being immoral, and he is upset at mentor for abandoning him.
>Hero has big fight with villain, and hero wins by using a forbidden technique his mentor mentioned earlier.

I can't think of another movie that fills all those plot beats.
>>
>>77710384
I liked both.
But I thought that Tai-Lung had the better motivation.
Also hype for the next one.
>>
>>77710384
I feel like tai lung is an overgrown misunderstood child. While Shen is Hans Gruber material.
>>
>>77710384

Shen, if some of the details in the director's commentary were actually expressed in the film:

>has guilt over panda genocide
>thinks he's doing the right thing and cannot turn back
>>
>>77710588

See this >>77710635
>>
>>77709276
Both.
But he was a huge asshole even as a child. Master Ugway (sp?) saw this even back then.
>>
>>77709389
Shifu loved him, and honestly believed he was the Dragon Warrior. That is why he pushed him so hard. His love for basically his son, clouded his own judgment.
>>
>>77709276
Anybody else get feels during these scenes ?

Kp1 - "do you want to learn kung fu"
Kp2 - "I loooove you guys "
>>
>>77709276
It felt more like Ugway judged him through spiritual bullshit and that led him along his path
>>
>>77710872
He did sense a darkness in his heart, which was proven to be right. But, everyone in this situation is to blame.
>>
>>77709427
Lel ok
>>
>>77709529
This. Tai Lung was just being a little bitch.
>waaaaah I'm not allowed to touch the piece of paper
Fuck that guy.
>>
>>77710503
That sounds like half of Hong Kong movies.
>>
>>77709276

Kind of. More like he was an extension of Shifu's philosophy without the turtle's wisdom. By teaching Po, Shifu had to learn to teach wisdom alongside kung fu.
>>
>>77710872

Oogway was kind of a shit. He could have told Tai Lung in a less dicky way at least. Throw the kid a bone, give him some sort of job. Or tell Shifu sooner so he doesn't train the kid so hard.
>>
>>77711908
Yeah he should of done that better. I know I go out and massacre people everytime I'm told "no". Everyone does.
>>
I wanted to fug tai lung
>>
>>77712758
I wanted to fug Snake
>>
>>77710384
Shen by a land slide, he was both more comedic and threatening.
>>
>>77712783
I wanted to hug Tigress
>>
>>77710503
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Harry Osborn's story from the Rami films
Harry Potter
Star Wars
>>
>>77711908
Oogway was so much not a shit he literally ascended into the heavens instead of dying like a pleb.

Anyway Oogway didn't have to sugarcoat anything, and that turtle handed Tai Lung's ass to him when the rejection made him go on a rampage. That elderly anthropomorphic shifu tortoise literally discovered Kung Fu in their universe.
>>
>>77709276

If he was picked to be the dragon warrior would he have been a force for good in the world?

I think so. Seems like a waste. He may have only been a force for good to be Shinfu's favorite and show the world how great he is but still would have been good.
>>
>>77713582
No. A thin piece of fabric isn't the line between ice guy and murderer. Tai Lung was an asshole.
>>
With both Tai Lung and Shen being amazing villains, I'm wondering if they haven't blown their load yet. My expectations for KFP3 are probably a bit too high but I don't care I'm way too hype. Being voiced by J.K. Simmons is already a big plus though.
>>
It was Oogway , he was the villain all along!
>>
>>77709276
You do realize that TL is the kind of person who wouldn't have understood the scroll even if he got it, right? He might have even still gone on the rampage and got put in prison.
>>
>>77711908

>"Master Oogway, my son Tai Lung is ready to read the Dragon Scroll."
>"I do not agree."

I really don't see how that's dicky. Tai Lung's lack of humility is a blatant strike against him as a kung fu master.

Hell, this could have been a secret test of character to see if Tai Lung had the humility to accept not getting what he wanted, which went very wrong when it turned out Tai Lung took rejection far worse than Oogway would have had any reason to suspect.
>>
>>77715037
I think he could have eventually understood it. As it stands though, he was too connected with his rage to accept that he wasn't the Dragon Warrior, which led to his fall; the intensity of his emotions is the darkness Oogway saw within his heart.
>>
>>77709276
God the chrcater work was on point here
>>
Honestly, I can't decide which villain I love more. Shen and Tai Lung both have great character and even a good amount of sympathy.
>>
Shen was better.

Too bad they cut out the part about his parents hating and disowning him for being albino and his attempt to prove himself to them. Would have made him too sympathetic I guess.
>>
File: 1439436631707.jpg (40KB, 416x426px) Image search: [Google]
1439436631707.jpg
40KB, 416x426px
>>77711647
Well to be fair, if that specific piece of paper was all you ever know and desire, and you waste your entire life upon hoping to get that, of course you'd be a bit peeved. Doesn't help that Po managed to get the scroll in only a fraction of the time. Although I'm not really justifying what he does, because the result would've been the same even if he did manage to get the scroll and find what was inside, if not worse.
>>
>>77713582
Not really, no. The ending to the movie confirms this when he actually does get the scroll and figures out that there was nothing there. He actually believed that it was something more than just a title, and would've been driven even more insane upon realizing that is not the case. He would've never realized and accepted the truth, and that's why he wasn't cut out to be a Dragon Warrior.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.