[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am relatively new comics and I constantly try to get updated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 2015-11-25 01.40.03.png (677KB, 633x817px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-25 01.40.03.png
677KB, 633x817px
I am relatively new comics and I constantly try to get updated on new and old things but there are things I still don't understand
>read Daredevil: End of Days
>Daredevil dies, Bullseye dies, The Owl dies etc etc
>"holy shit is this canon?"
>read Bendis' interview, he said that's 100% canon
>so THAT's how it ends for Daredevil?
>finds out D:EoD doesn't belong to 616 but rather to 12121
So... how is that "canon"?
>>
Canon is for autists
>>
>>77706250
Yeah thanks for the reply but I was expecting something more
>>
>>77706258
Writer says one thing, editorial says another. Editorial usually wins.
>>
>>77706270
So what you're saying is Bendis wrote the series as if it was set in 616 but then Alonso decided differently?
>>
>>77706283
Yes. BTW 616 universe is gone. We are on Universe 8 now
>>
>>77706306
Are you sure? I can't find anything about Earth-8 on the Marvel wiki.
>>
>>77706331
It's new. Secret Wars just ended and the universe got a new number. Or maybe it's just the 8th iteration of the universe? They haven't been clear on that.
>>
Read what you want
Don't read what you don't
This is a shit thread
>>
>>77706344
I thought 616 is ALWAYS the main Earth
>>
>>77706358
616 is gone along with the old multi-verse.
>>
>>77706393
What I'm saying is I think the post Secret Wars universe is still numbered 616
>>
>>77706413
It is. Its the 8th iteration of the 616 universe.
>>
>>77706464
It's still the Mephistoverse
>>
>>77706160
Canon is only what endures and is remembered.

DKR is technically not 'canon' to any universe except the Millerverse and yet I cannot think of a more fitting ending to the Post Crisis Batman than DKR.

It's my personal ending to that era of the Bat.
>>
>>77706517
>explaining canonicity through DC shit
holy fuck.
>>
>>77706525
Ok fine. Punisher The End is technically a non-canon story.

Quite frankly it is the perfect ending to Frank Castle's story. Of course in his endless thirst for revenge he ultimately kills the last people on earth before he dies himself.

I don't care if it's canon or not. I don't care how it fits with other Marvel stories.

It's the definitive ending to the character and what I would consider 'canon' in that literary enduring sense rather than in a shitty autism wiki sense.
>>
>>77706551
and that's your opinion, and I respect it.
But "Canon" is a objective concept, not subjective. "Canon" is something that happened on a certain when in a certain where. No discussions on that.
>>
>>77706573
Actually literary canon basically describes the most important and influential works in shaping our culture and those works that continue to live on. Technically by this definition though most comics wouldn't be part of a general literary canon and western culture other than, maybe, Watchmen or Sandman. If you stuck to purely the influence on shaping the comic book medium there'd be more to talk about.

You're describing a very specific definition of canon, a word which has multiple uses and meanings, and claiming there is only one objective definition of canon which is dumb.

Ultimately the definition of canon you are abiding by is one that will leave you very unhappy as you slog through garbage fiction after garbage fiction and terrible event after terrible event all in the name long lasting status quo changing shake ups that ultimately probably don't last that long anyway.

It's the cynical approach Marvel and DC would want you to follow and helps them in a sales sense but does very little to push the medium forward or engage in any real dialogue about the genre when all that's discussed is what "counts".
>>
>>77706160
well it's canon for earth 12121? so the answer is not really.

On that note was it a good story?
>>
>>77706683
I personally really liked it.

It was quite sad but ultimately gave a really solid sense of closure and I found that quite satisfying. I also really liked how it ended.

It ignores Waid's run and everything in Brubaker's run after The Devil Inside Out but I think it's for the best and makes for a good ending overall.

I think reading:

Man Without Fear
Yellow
Miller's run
Born Again
Nocenti
Fall of the Kingpin
Guardian Devil
Mack/Bendis run
Devil Inside Out
End of Days

Makes for a really great Daredevil read that would tell you everything about the character and just leave you satisfied with a sense of closure.
>>
>>77706707
>Nocenti
I'll read everything you listed except that, that cunt has never written anything remotely readable from what I've seen
>>
>>77706782
That's fine.

I mean daredevil is actually one of her good stories but other than introducing typhoid mary you wouldn't miss too much by skipping her run.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.