[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Read the Godbutcher arc of this for the first time. Surprisingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: god of thunder.jpg (52KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
god of thunder.jpg
52KB, 633x537px
Read the Godbutcher arc of this for the first time.

Surprisingly good.
What did /co/ think of it?
>>
It's trash.
>>
its very good.
>>
>>77698888
I like it.
>>
Universally loved
>>
>>77698888
Mmm, yes. Wait a minute...

*goes to grab popcorn for the fireworks that are sure to ensure*
>>
>>77698933
>>77698942
>>77698946
Nice.
I thought it was quite enjoyable. The art was good and the story was outrageous but in a good way. My only complaint was that it was perhaps a little too Jesus-y.

What about the next few arcs? I saw the art change and my confidence dropped.
>>
>>77698970
>*goes to grab popcorn for the fireworks that are sure to ensure*
>Not knowing how to greentext
Kill yourself you fucking newfag.
>>
Loved it.

I suspect Aaron either ran out of ideas after it or the Roxxon arc and fem-thor was forced upon him and he just gave up trying.
>>
>>77698908
Instead of shitbaiting maybe you should read the comic?
>>
>Gorr is the reason why there are seemingly a random assortment of Gods that exist in 616
Gorr killed Jesus.
>>
>>77698989
Skip the Malekith arc that follows its garbage. Ribic the artist on godbutcher returns too. The Roxxon story after that is decent but what you'll really want to see is the Last Days of Midgard that's woven in about King Thor in the future. When the renumbering and Jane Foster happens you should just drop Aaron's Thor completely. There is also one last story about King Thor in the annual that you should check out though.
>>
>>77699031
It's really not. If you are familiar with Dan Jurgens run on Thor, it's pretty obvious Aaron is just lifting ideas from that run. He has all but admitted it's the one that most "influenced" him.
>>
File: brian thompson.jpg (47KB, 307x512px) Image search: [Google]
brian thompson.jpg
47KB, 307x512px
Anyone get the feeling that young/modern Thor was modelled after this guy?
He had that big teeth/lips thing going on. Like a muzzle
>>
>>77699159
It's really not what?
>>
>>77698996
Damn did I just trigger you or something, faggot?
>>
>>77698888
The exact same thing Aaron writes about whenever he isn't on street level.
>>
>>77699222
>The exact same thing Aaron writes about whenever he isn't on street level.
The metalest shit you've ever seen?
I've got to read more Aaron
>>
>>77699240
>I've got to read more Aaron

Check out his Ghost Rider.
>>
Any DL links?
>>
>>77699424
KAT has one.
>>
>>77698888
It made Thor feel like Thor.
>>
>>77699109
Gorr is a Jew?
>>
>>77699109
>Gorr is the reason why there are seemingly a random assortment of Gods that exist in 616
Nigga what?
>>
>>77699117
At least Whor seems to go to a nice direction right now...except you now he as to deal with the whole "Jane is Thor and as Cancer and is dying" that is not shit but is waste of time
>>
Metal is for children
>>
>>77699628
thanks dad
>>
>>77699606
>The Norse pantheon exist
>Some of the Greek pantheon exists
>No Hindus
>No Native gods
>No Abrahamic God, Jesus, or Saints
>No Asian gods
>No Oceanic gods
>>
>>77699677
In DC, you have the Abrahamic God, the Greek Gods, and King Shark's God (maybe)

It's weird that the God of the Hebrews tolerates the rest
>>
>>77699677
>>No Hindus
>>No Native gods
>>No Abrahamic God, Jesus, or Saints
>>No Asian gods
>>No Oceanic gods
This is all wrong. And Gorr didn't cause any of whatever you're talking about.
>>
>>77699709
Oh? When did Jesus show up in Marvel canon? Or even semi-canon?
>>
File: 2985321-2.jpg (100KB, 973x486px) Image search: [Google]
2985321-2.jpg
100KB, 973x486px
>>77699734
I don't think that's actual Jesus. But the Abrahamic god is behind the ghost rider and been implied in a few other places.
>>
>>77699823
But isn't Ghost Rider tangled up with Mephisto, not Satan?
>>
>>77699173
That fem-thor was forced on him by Marvel and not something he did by his own free will. This sort of discourse always gets bandied around when a writer does something the fans don't like.

>it's really somehow marvel editorial's fault instead they be holding a gun to his head
>>
>>77699873
Aaron wasn't forced to include Gamergate references.
>>
>>77699873
There are definitely elements of fem-Thor that feel like they were forced on him by Marvel, though. That her identity was kept secret to the detriment of the story it feels like he wants to tell, for example.
>>
>>77699873
I would only argue that because of how badly the whole thing derailed his story. Aaron is a competent enough writer that he wouldn't kneecap himself all on his own.
>>
>>77699907
Aaron didn't include Gamergate references
>>
>>77699907
That wasn't Aaron faggot. Maybe you should spend more time reading comics and less time bitching.
>>
>>77698888
Awesome. Sucks about the rest of the run though.
>>
>>77699706

The DCU's Presence is a very hands-off, Deistic take on the Judeo-Christian concept of God.
>>
>>77700193
Doesn't literal Hand of God show up in Swamp Thing?
And Lucifer is a real Miltonic character?
>>
File: God Dog staring contest.jpg (263KB, 1135x903px) Image search: [Google]
God Dog staring contest.jpg
263KB, 1135x903px
>>77700260

I haven't read Moore's Swamp Thing so I can't say.

And yes, Lucifer borrows a lot from Milton. There's also Ostrander's Spectre series where God is noticeable silent for most of Corrigan's trials for a very good reason.

About the most involved God's been in the DCU is in (funnily enough) DeMatteis' Phantom Stranger series in the New 52 where he shows up as a Scotty dog because why the fuck not, and spends most of his time trolling Phil. (It's great).
>>
>>77700318
>mention God in Swamp Thing
>automatically assume it's Moore
You're right, of course, but it's hilarious that you assume that
>>
>>77700362

The only other Swamp Thing I've read was the New 52 run and while they dealt with some metaphysical shit there, I don't remember the Hand of God showing up, so, yeah, process of elimination.
>>
>>77700387
Should read the Moore shit, bro.

In his typical style, it gets existential as shit, but it pretty much defined modern Swamp Thing
>>
>>77700441
>>77700441

I've got a lot of shit on my backlog list, but rest assured, Moore's Saga of the Swamp Thing is right up there with it.
>>
>>77698888
>2015 Thor
>Ethics in hammer wielding
>2012 Thor
>Theology in hammer wielding

Its good, but there is the issue of what happens to the other cosmic entities such as the Celestials, Galactus, and Eternity when a being goes out to kill gods.
>>
>>77700712
Where is Jehova there?
>>
>>77698970
*roleplays*
*upvotes*
>>
>>77700712
None of them are "gods" so Gor didn't touch them.
>>
File: hype muh dick.gif (2MB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
hype muh dick.gif
2MB, 388x218px
>>77698888
satifying
>>
>>77698888

It's overrated, the only thing that has any real merit is the three different time periods being used.
>>
>>77698888
pretty good!
>>
It was pretty good, but like a lot of books from Marvel Now, the quality went steadily downhill after first arc or two.
>>
>>77700712
It's always funny to me how the Celestials are pretty much the only race that somehow evolved like somthing in an universe with natural laws as fucked up as theirs would.
>>
>>77706395
That's the great filter for you.
>>
File: Desak_rev.jpg (87KB, 406x391px) Image search: [Google]
Desak_rev.jpg
87KB, 406x391px
>>77698888

I thought: "Hey, didn't we already have a guy who hates gods because they're tyrants who don't give a shit about their worshippers and wants to kill them all?"

The art was to die for. The story was shit, in my opinion. Such a shame.
>>
its shit

there is a reason why She-Thor outsells God of Thunder every single issue
>>
>>77700732

Apparently he is in the council of godheads, along with Zeus, Odin, Vishnu and so on.
>>
>>77698888
its a good Thor story, it has it flaws but is still a fun read that make sense to the character, too bad the Malekith arc after it is bland as fuck and everything after that is even worse.
Aaron should go back to Ghost Rider, is still his best marvel work so far.
>>
The endings for first and third arcs are very weak, the lead up is strong but the follow through is poor.

Thor beats Gorr because he has two hammers and really really wants to win, it doesn't feel earned, same with Old Thor beating Galactus with Gorr's darkness sword thing and then life starting to return to Midgard.

And no I'm not against happy endings, it's just that the stories didn't feel like they were suppose to have nice ends but more so somber endings rather than the good guys win yay.
>>
>>77699677
>No Hindus
>No Asian Gods
Eternals Saga and Ares mini, off the top of my head.
Faggot.
>>
>>77700318
>I haven't read Moore's Swamp Thing so I can't say.
FIX THAT IMMEDIATELY
>>
>>77707006
And it's not because of quality. You know this, don't b8.
>>
>>77699850
Satan is, like, the amalgamation of every powerful demonic entity in Marvel. Mephisto, Sataanish, Marduk Kurios, they're all fractions of a "prime evil".
>>
>>77699907
ONE Gamergate reference, and that was Loki's comic.
>>
>>77698888
/Co/ loved it when it was out but with the massive degradation in story quality afterwards vocal portions of /co/ tend to hate it now.

>>77699117
Last days of Midgard is mostly good when you don't understand Galactus's point in the universe. Understanding the purpose of Galactus and the ramifications of him being killed entirely changes the tone to Thor dooming the universe in the long run and causing what will probably be the end of existence in the short term because he wanted to be a dick and not let Galactus have that one meal he's been wanting for billions of years after everyone else abandoned it.
>>
>>77699734
Howard the Duck. He's in a bar with God in Hell. They spend the entire time drinking because they feel guilty about not stopping the holocaust.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.