[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just came to mind. Remember when CARTOON NETWORK flipped the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 6563560602512225.JPG.jpg (11KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
6563560602512225.JPG.jpg
11KB, 300x224px
Just came to mind. Remember when
CARTOON
NETWORK
flipped the image for the whole day once on Aprils Fools
I can still remember the frustration clearly
>>
Remember when cartoon played the iron giant nonstop for two days straight
>>
Do they even do April Fools stuff anymore? Or is that bad for business?
>>
>>77693566
Fishtank is the best show on right now.
Mike Tyson mysteries is a close second imo.
>>
>>77695492
>Fun
>Profitable.

Get real anon, we all know fun isn't profitable. How can you sell toys based on an april fools prank, they just want to air more TTG while airing nothing else.
>>
>>77693922
That was for thanksgiving though not april fools
>>
I remember that day they played the same Screwball Squirrel cartoon over and over again for 24 hours. Fucking magical.
>>
>>77697042
what
>>
>>77697060
Yeah, in '97. Funny thing was they kept running promo bumps for what was coming on next, but it was just the same squirrel cartoon. For 24 hours.
>>
>>77693566
I remember one year they kept drawing mustaches on everyone and playing fart sounds.
>>
>>77696690
I wonder where the channel might have gone if the athf bombscare had never happened. Not saying we'd still be in a golden age but that was around where it all went wrong
>>
>>77693922
It's amazing how they made me hate a movie for 13 years and running.
>>
>>77697254
fuck you that movie is the best
>>
>>77697254

>hate
>iron giant
>>
>>77693922

My fucking nigga

I'd go outside and play video games but it still pissed me off
>>
>>77697042
It's odd that they don't loose money pulling shit like that.
>>
>>77697162
Did someone record this?
>>
>>77697254
Gene please stop.
>>
>>77697225
Who knows, I believe we would be in a semi-better spot than what we are now, where everything became "We have to air the flavor of the year for 8 hours a day until everyone gets sick of it and we find a new flavor of the year!"

I feel like Snyder was trying to make up for wasting so much money on live action garbage that no one wanted and repeatedly failed at. If he just stuck to what was already being done by the regime before him, things would be a bit nicer. So who the fuck knows, it would be nice to see the alternate to this reality.

It's about money anyways now, ratings and getting money from said ratings. But to be honest, I don't see them losing viewers by doing an april fool's prank once every year. Though the sad part is, back when this happened, we just went outside for the day and played after getting sick of the joke. Now kids just go to their tablet and stream something all day and might end up streaming over watching TV where there are no pranks or whatever.
>>
>>77693566
wait cartoon network or adultswim
>>
>>77693566
What did CN do this year?
>>
The only recent April Fool's joke that comes to mind is a few years ago they played a few reruns of their late 90's/early 00's shows. With fart sounds edited in whenever they took a step.
>>
>>77697042
Shit, I remember that. All I wanted was to sit down and watch my shitty Godzilla cartoon, and that kept playing.

It's a fond memory now, but at the time I was livid.
>>
>>77697162

Yeah, all of the bumps and promos were for their normal lineup but it'd always go back to the same cartoon. I'm pretty sure Cartoon Network even went to commercial break during the short and came out of breaks with it "joined already in progress". So it'd air like four times per half hour but you wouldn't see the entire short that many times.

There was also a screen crawl after a while explaining that Screwy had taken over the control room and that they were doing their best to regain control of the network.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.