[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Alias as a comic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Thoughts on Alias as a comic?
>>
>>77692081

Recently got the whole thing and I loved it. It's amazing to think of what Bendis used to be compared to how he was now. Marvel should have never tried to make their own Geoff Johns.
>>
Never read it, won't read it. Will Bendispost.
>>
>>77692150
>doesn't actually read Bendis comics
>still pretends to Bendispost
You are the cancer that's killing this meme.
>>
>>77692127

Dear god I cannot syntax
>>
>>77692166
The cancer?
>>
>>77692200
Fuck off.
>>
>>77692215
Fuck... off?
>>
>>77692239
That's not even remotely Bendis.
>>
>>77692127
Why would anyone want a Geoff Johns?
>>
>>77692081
>She'll never make the face on MCU

why live?
>>
>>77692292

Geoff Johns' are useful to have around.
>>
I fucking hate the art, the overused panels, the gigantic walls of text that still somehow say very little. Its almost unreadable for me despite mostly being good.
>>
>>77692127
what exactly has changed?
>>
Anal is that bad if you prepared ahead of time. Unless she wanted it to hurt and just said "Luke poop shoot time!" which is gross because who knows how much shit is up there.

Media never goes into the immediate ramifications of sudden anal sex.
>>
>>77692081
I could never get into it. His dialogue always follows the same patterns, the text walls are obnoxious, and Jessica ended up just being more annoying than a strong character.

I'm on episode 4 of AKA Jessica Jones, and I actually think the show is a bit better. Jessica comes off more interesting and filled with personality to me, and I prefer how it handles her relationship with Luke as opposed to Alias.
>>
File: image.jpg (750KB, 1280x1980px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
750KB, 1280x1980px
>>77692081
You know those flash games where the entire experience is finding the motivation to carry on living through mundane life with incredibly shitty circumstances and outlooks?

That's what Alias is in comic book form, all the impressions that the fantastical marvel universe is made on people that just want to carry on with their shitty lives.
Shame that it ended and did'nt have more 'episodes' like Hellblazer.

Also it never gets old when Luke beats the shit out of Kilgrave.
>>
>>77692239
That ninja?
>>
>>77692292
why would anyone want big two comics
>>
I thought the book was overrated. It wasn't into it until the purple man storyline then I started to like it but all in all it's okay.
>>
The copy/paste panels just drove me fucking nuts. So goddamn lazy.
>>
>>77692081
>literally wrote "humility" when he meant "humiliation"
>>
>>77692263
Bendis?
>>
>>77695522

Bendis almost never writes crime stuff anymore. By being promoted to higher titles, his natural skills are lost.

He's great at character interactions, but he can't do epic plots. Just keep him on the street, with Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and everyone else.
>>
Terrible.
All characters are complete shit, dialogues is bad, anticlimactic ending, tried to push the envelope but it doesn't feel even remotely natural like in MAX titles, just forced "LOOK SHE SHITS/MASTURBATES/etc ARE WE EDGY YET?"
>>
>>77696615
Ninja? Like, shadow warrior?
>>
It was readable but only barely. The reused panels are so fucking cringeworthy. It's not like the art is incredibly good on its own merits either. And the dialogue is awful. Also rolled my eyes at the ongoing "muh muties are being discriminated against!" plotline. The guest appearances are the only thing keeping it interesting sometimes.

Certainly it's not Jessica who's actually less likable than her show counterpart amazingly, because she goes off on people for no reason and then they fix her problems for her anyway. I guess that was supposed to be a character flaw with the moral of the story being "let other people help you" but instead it just feels bad reading about this character who is grossly incompetent and unpleasant being rewarded for making bad choices. Also the finale with Kilgrave was stupid as was the "congrats you're having a baby, everything is solved and you are happy now!" ending. Not to pull out the tumblr card here, but I was surprised what a low opinion of women Bendis really exhibited here.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.