[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree Fables was a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Fables.png (294KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Fables.png
294KB, 300x450px
Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree Fables was a mistake and Willingham ruined everything for everyone, right?
>>
Yeah, Willingham is a dumb git that didn't know when to end.
Also, Restoration coming out never
>>
>>77690392

>Not ending soon enough

That barely cracks the top five of the worst things Fables did.
>>
>>77690317
What are you talking about? It's such a great 75-issue series
>>
>>77690423

Anon, did you rip van winkle style travel here from 2007 or something?
>>
>>77690458
What do you mean? The series ended. Why would there be any more?
>>
>>77690532
>>77690423
It went on till 150 didn't it?
>>
>>77690423
>>77690532
It's okay anon. Bill can't hurt you anymore.

Oh man. It should have ended when they took out the Adversary. That was the best stopping point

I think it says a lot that the game adaptation got more hype and praise than the series finale.

Endings should give a sense of wholeness and completion. The ending to Fables felt like Bill took the dog out back and shot it in the head.

And as a long time Oz fan I can't forgive Bill for having every single Oz character job the fuck out or get written insanely out of character.
>>
>>77690702

Is Wolf Among Us actually good? Should I not have dismissed it?

Also, Jack of Fables and Fairest were equally a waste of time.

Another question: Did James Jean leave comics because he was sick of Willingham? Because if so FUCK YOU BILL
>>
>>77690813
It's an alright adventure game. Nothing too good.

Its a hell of a lot better than where the series ended up though. I'd say try it.
>>
What was the endgame for Bigby and Wolf? Did any of them got keked?
>>
>>77690866
>It's an alright adventure game
It's a dogshit adventure game. All TellTale games are abortions of the adventure genre. It's definitely worth a play but in no way is it a decent adventure game. It's an interactive movie.
>>
>>77690930
Do you really want to know? Do you really want me to tell you?
>>
>>77690317
It wasnt a mistake.
Willinghams effort to resolve all subplots was a mistake. The stories after adversary felt uninspired.
>>
>>77690702
The end felt kinda headless.
Besides Buffkins story or Flycatchers Haven all stories didnt carried.
Darkman and Snow white/ Red rose felt more like subplots, nothing dooming like the adversary.
>>
>>77690968
Yes. Put it behind spoilers, if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>77690813
>lost time
Ok Jack felt pointless and with the literals kinda interesting but it was more like an anthology of stories.
But fairest was good.
>>
>>77691182
It's for you, not me. Rose turns evil and keks Snow with Bigby through magic bullshit
>>
>>77691253

That was SUCH bullshit.

I honestly wonder what Fables would have been like if they dropped pretty much every plot except the adversary and made the whole thing about the love story between Snow and Bigby. No sudden pregnancy, no goddamn litter of children, none of that. A romance that isn't crippled by what Willingham thinks women should be.

Though Ghost is pretty awesome.
>>
No I think you're just a bitch.
>>
>>77690317
I hate the TV show it inspired. I read the first volume and it was okay, does it get better than that or does it stay at about that level?
>>
>>77691580

It's got its faults, but everything up until about Issue 75 is a pretty fun Vertigo title, the kind of thing that's never amazing but is useful for a number of reasons.

Everything after that is a quick, unending slide into absolute bullshit.
>>
File: Mike Suicide.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Suicide.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>77691534
...holy shit that actually happened.

Anon...Anon I was just shitposting.

That...That was actually what happened? For real?

What the actual fuck?
>>
>>77691661

Yeah, turns out Snow and Rose are the reincarnations of sisters who are locked in an eternal cycle of violence were each time they are reborn, one tries to kill the other and steal their magic THE ENTIRE TIME.

Then Bigby got killed and resurrected and brainwashed by the now evil Rose and turned into her sexual toy just to spite Snow and it just got stupider and stupider.
>>
It's one of those books that went on for way too long and his politics didn't help matters either.
>>
File: 1439992143237.jpg (46KB, 355x274px) Image search: [Google]
1439992143237.jpg
46KB, 355x274px
>>77691829
I just scrolled past this on the front page and what the fuck man

y u do this
>>
>>77690423
I stopped at 50 issues personally.
>>
>>77691829
That's less of a plot twist and more a writer desperately crying for help. "Please, please get excited by my book. I need the money."

It's literally MUH DESTINY SAYS SO. The writing is that bad.
>>
>>77691865

It's too bad that they can't reboot it a la Lucifer.
>>
>>77691982

Literally a large number of the anons on Writethreads could have written a better Fables then Willingham did after a certain point.
>>
>>77691829
Wait what.

As I recall Bigby faught the heartless swordsmen and then got turned to glass. He then gets shattered but put back together. However he becomes a murderous rampaging monster because that fat mr. black chick has control of one of his shards.

Somehow he ends up free and Rose creates a counter measure against him for the upcoming sister war.
>>
>>77692065

That also happened as well. It's complicated. Or maybe Willingham was off the rails.
>>
File: Fables_50_23.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
Fables_50_23.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
Fuck Willingham.
>>
>>77692270
This comes up in every Fables thread without fail.

Every

Single

One
>>
>>77692270

>Willingham portrays Isreal as the loveable underdog

What? That's not even close to accurate.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.