[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi tes/GraphicCity/news/?a=

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 42

File: image.jpg (39KB, 603x344px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 603x344px
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=127254

>Marvel still looking for African-American director for Black Panther

Why? Black Panther isn't even American. That would be like looking for a white American dude to direct Schindler's List because he has a "white perspective". First, since when did races have cultures and when did that start mattering more than culture itself? I agree with Falcon famm. This is pandering.

I'm mulatto so this confuses me. I don't know dick about the "Wakandan experience".
>>
>>77688595
>Schindler's list
>white experience
Oy vey.
>>
>Five in a row
Jesus fuck Marvel, stop.

If they wanna recover from this they should find a black guy to direct some other movie, so they can get any director for BP.
>>
>>77688595
>look were so diverse
>now put the blacks with the blacks at the back of bu- I mean Phase 3
>same for the women
BRAVO MARVEL
>>
File: Smug mutie girl.jpg (19KB, 352x338px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Smug mutie girl.jpg
19KB, 352x338px
>>77688653
And is suppose to be released in black history month or whatever you americans celebrate for black people pride
>>
How many directors have passed on this movie, anyways? I know about Ava DuVernay, but was there anybody else?
>>
>>77688705
The smug mute girl is Transonic, BTW
>>
>>77688744
Coogler also passed on it, and Gary Gray said lolno because he'd rather do Furious 8.
>>
They should get a Japanese director to do Black Panther. That would be a better fit for Wakanda, while still appeasing the people that insist the director not be white.
>>
>>77688760
I know that already but i didnt think of anything more creative for the filename
>>
>>77688595
After reading a bunch of BP, I have decided that I would rather see BP on Netflix.
>>
This movie will be a mess. Mark my words. A mess.
>>
>>77688595
>Yeah, I think it’s important. Perspective is so important in art. It’s an important thing. That’s not to say that you can’t work outside yourself. When I was coming up, I made movies about things that were close to me; I made movies about things that weren’t close to me. But I definitely think that it helps when you are close to a subject.

Yeah but T'Challa is an African king of a fictional high-tech xenophobic nation so...
>>
>>77688595
>Non-black doesn't know the black experience
Not surprising.
>>
>>77688595
Black people who like comics don't care about the skin color of the director of a comic book movie. I just want a good movie.

Is there a lack of diversity in the (Hollywood) film and comic industry? Of course. Is randomly sticking an african-american to direct a movie about an african superhero going to address this issue? Of course not.

Comic fans (black, white, and whatever) don't care about this crap. If Marvel actually cared we would have seen more diversity in decision making roles for previous movies. Just make a good movie about an interesting character FFS.

Is that asking too much?

This movie is going to suck because of the ham-fisted way it is being produced. And that makes me angry/sad.
>>
>Why? Black Panther isn't even American

That's actually a good counter argument. Black americans in general don't know shit about africans, and the ones that do had to learn about african culture, which is possible to anyone from any race.
>>
>>77688875
Marvel shot themselves inbtge foot by not hiding the fact they want prigresdive points. And niw every black director they look at is gonna turn them down because they dont wanna be some token.
Plus they drove away lots of ither directors so them finding one in general isnt so surprising.
Working for Marvel is not worth it.
>>
>>77688814
>"Uh, Marvel, why Black Panther movie's director is Asian"
>"What R U racist much?"
I just solved Marvel's goddamn problem.
>>
>Meanwhile
>Asian Australian man directing a film starring a Maori American man
>White American woman directing a film starring a Jewish Middle Eastern woman
CMON MARVEL
ITS
2015
0
1
5
>>
>>77688814
Every action movie should have an Asian director though.
>>
It's all for them progressive points, one of the best Panther runs was written by a white guy, the character was created by a Jewish Guy, the yearn for those points seems a lot more "offensive," than anything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 567x440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 567x440px
>>77688980
>On a side note, Coogler sat right in front of me in the VIP section of the DC Hall H panel at Comic Con back in July so I suspected he was maybe considering Cyborg for the studio. I know Marvel and I know they track heat. I'm hearing nothing but great things about Creed

IT IS THE YEAR TWO-THOUSAND/AND-FIFTEEN, MARVEL

COME ON
>>
>>77688980
>Muslim-American man directing a film starring a Scottish-American Protestant man

Shaking my head at Marvel to be quite honest my family

Also I wonder what the Raid director is doing, DC should get him if they want to do a Birds of Prey movie.

>>77689200
Yeah, Creed seems pretty great judging by the reviews, would be pretty funny if Coogler signed up for Cyborg.
>>
>>77689234
>Muslim-American man directing a film starring a Scottish-American Protestant man

Directing AND starring! Truly DC transcends all boundaries.
>>
>>77689200
That would be so fucking funny.
>>
>>77688595
>I agree with Falcon famm
When did he say it was pandering?
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 618x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 618x500px
>>77689253
DC won all the diversity points when they casted a Muslim as their most popular hero.
>>
>>77688861
>xenophobic
There you go, thats where they get the African American perspective for
>>
File: 1417997656589.png (290KB, 680x680px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417997656589.png
290KB, 680x680px
>>77688595
JUST FUCKING HIRE NOLAN YOU MARVEL KUKS DONT BE CHEAP FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIVES KIKES
>>
>>77689313
A few weeks ago. It is stupid that Marvel is only looking for black directors when their last black hero movie wasnt director by one. It recks of them looking for a token to brag about. And that turns people off because no one wants a job based on their skin color vs their work pedigree.
They asked the director of fucking Selma. Like she would have any idea what to do with the character.
>>
>Marvel runs out of black directors to ask
>They have to use their last resort
>Tyler Perry
>>
>>77688834
smug_mystique.jpg
>>
>>77688744
>Ava DuVernay used Marvel by publicly interviewing and turning them down.
>F. Gary Gray would rather do Fast and Furious 7.
>Ryan Coogler getting a reputation now with Fruitvale Station and Creed and has worked primarily with WB.

Marvel will never get a black director for this movie. Any black director with any semblance of self-respect will immediately turn it down after three of the current highest profile black directors have already declined. Any black director that accepts at this point will get guaranteed public ridicule and be laughed at around black director circles. Even if Marvel were to go with someone of a different color, they'll get nothing but flack because they made skin color such a focus of their director search. This entire movie and character is completely fucked and it's going to be embarrassing that he turned up at Civil War only to have to wait years for his solo because of this fiasco and Spiderman being shoehorned in everywhere.
>>
>>77689415
>Marvel will never get a black director for this movie

Nah, eventually they'll stop trying for popular black directors and just do what they do for their other properties --- find some (black) TV director no one' ever heard of and pretend he's directing the movie when he's just a sock puppet animated by the twitching of Feige's arm up his ass.
>>
>>77688963
>>77688995
Seriously think about it.
Wakanda is a country that's simultaneously technologically advanced while traditionally and culturally a little backwards, and it absolutely hates foreigners.

T'Challa even does a Meiji-era styled "travel the world and learn all the cool shit before bringing it back home for the good of the country" thing in his youth.
>>
Black Panther is a shit character that nobody even gives a fuck about anyway.

If they wanted to make a movie with a black character, Luke Cage, Falcon or Blade would be far better options.
>>
>>77688595
FORCE IT
>>
They have to get a black director
cause not only for diversity points
but also cause alot of black people who will never even go see this film in the first place will bitch and moan about them not getting a black director
>>
If they don't find a black director the SJWs will eat them alive. They know this. Fucking Mary Sue and Comics Alliance probably already having articles ready to go and a hashtag figured out.
>>
>>77689598
SJWs are in reality mostly white suburban college students.
>>
My more bougie than the sour cream in my refrigerator friend. The considerations are about racial politics. Anything other than a black director will get the sharptons of the world in fuck you mode. And don't take the "african american" part so literally.

>First, since when did races have cultures and when did that start mattering more than culture itself?

About 2008. See also the shit that Princess and the frog had to deal with, when prince nasseem had simultanious protests claiming that he was both too black and not black enough.


>>77688814
Black panther in a hong kong kung fu movie would be fucking awesome. Imagine a double blacksplotiation buddy movie with Cage, Iron fist, and Shang Chi. But save that for the sequel.

>>77689398
Madea goes to Wakanda.

Or Black Panther and Madea walk through the streets of NYC, disagreeing on everything. Except that Kwanza is a fraud.
>>
Isn't all this moot when he's going to premier in a Russo's film anyway?

Like, what, do they need a black guy to come in and just direct his scenes in Civil War?
>>
>>77689637
I remember reading about alot of black people complaining about how a white director was suppose to direct the Malcom X film
before they gave it to Spike Lee
>>
Gee. It's almost like black directors are too busy making movies that interest them about black American and African experiences and other issues, too busy to be bothered with making a movie about a Marvel™ action figure set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe™ about fictional African prince T'Challa™ as Marvel's Black Panther™ in the fictional city kingdom of Wakanda™.
>>
File: image.png (394KB, 1449x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
394KB, 1449x735px
>Spike Lee's Black Panther incoming
>>
>>77688595
>American dude to direct Schindler's list

I have some news to deliver to you, anon...
>>
>>77689598
Trust me, black people dont care about the behind the scenes. True we're more likely to see a movie with a black main but we could careless about whos directing.
I love The Color Purple and look who directed that.
>>
>>77689234
>Muslim-American man directing a film starring a Scottish-American Protestant man

what?
>>
you know, I normally don't agree with /co/ on their anti-SJW brigade but OP is right, black Americans have no idea how fucking Africa works

they would be better off hiring a white south african director
>>
>>77689707
Thats kinda different because of how important to Black civil rights Malcolm X is. BP is just a comic book who was created by a white man and written by them too.
>>
This whole thing of only looking for AA's to direct this is so cringey

As an African I related to Mcgregor's Panther far more than Hudlin's version and it all came down to research

Just get a good director
>>
>>77688653
I love how progressivism has gone so far it's now supporting segregation and telling people to stop "appropriating" things from each other's cultures.

Separate but equal.
>>
Black people should have no ties with this period, don't let white supremacy make a fool of you.
>>
>>77688595
>Why? Black Panther isn't even American.
What pure African directors even are there, then?
>>
In all seriousness they should do whatever it takes to get Cary Joji Fukunaga. I know he probably wouldn't do it but fuck would he be perfect.
>>
>>77689806
To that image, I wouldn't say no cultural or social changes, because having Black Panther as a high budget movie could open the flood gates to more and more black actors, or inspire black kids that watch it to enter the industry and change it from the inside
>>
>Black Panther
>That racist xenophobe who holds wakandan advanced tech over everyone's heads
Seriously I have never read anything with BP that I liked (not that I have looked for any). He is always a massive cunt for literally no reason in anything he has shown up in that I have read.
>>
>>77689865
Blomkamp, but he's white.
>>
>>77689747
Ibn al-Affleqi is probably directing Batman.
>>
>>77690008
>Black Panther
>Racist
Well at least you admitted to not reading any BP
>>
>>77690079
They should definitely get niel on this movie, just to see the reaction
>>
>>77690008
namor pls go
>>
>>77689664
>Imagine a double blacksplotiation buddy movie with Cage, Iron fist, and Shang Chi
oh yeah.
and to make it even better remove black panther
>>
File: Chuck_Berry_1971.jpg (106KB, 800x1005px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Chuck_Berry_1971.jpg
106KB, 800x1005px
>>77688595
> Floyd Littl
> Jackie Robinson
> James Brown
> Rick James
> Black Panther

Is there any black character that guy can't play?
>>
>>77689731

At least /pol/ will get a jew pot shot that way
>>
>>77689060
People have selective memories when it comes to this shit
>>
File: Sheeeeeeiiiiit.gif (3MB, 400x279px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sheeeeeeiiiiit.gif
3MB, 400x279px
why don't they just get Anthony Hemingway? Dude made Red Tails, he's familiar with producers running the shots to begin with. Plus he directed some great episodes of The Wire to boot.
>>
>>77693117

on the one hand
>Red Tails
on the other hand
>The Wire
>>
File: Hudlin.jpg (10KB, 359x239px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hudlin.jpg
10KB, 359x239px
Hi guys, what's going on in this thread?
>>
>>77688595

Blacks are the only race where no one cares about the distinctions between people from different regions and cultural backgrounds.

Everyone will tell you about the differences between whites from America and whites from Scandanavia.

It's always a matter of course that you distinguish between Asians from China and Asians from Japan.

God help you if you confuse a hispanic from Mexico with a hispanic from Colombia.

But it's a-okay to lump blacks from America, Jamaica, Africa, France wherever the fuck together. What does it matter? They're all black.
>>
>>77688595
so hwy haven't they casted will smith yet imo
>>
>>77693248
>implying anyone even remembers what all the native american tribes were called
>>
>>77689800
Horseshow theory imo
The old jimcrows are making a comeback under a different name and disguise imo
>>
>>77689707
>Film about an American black rights activist is the same as a film about a fictional character from a fictional african nation
>>
>>77689806
>media doesn't effect social change
Eh
>>
>>77693248
>Everyone will tell you about the differences between whites from America and whites from Scandanavia.
This isn't true. Dumb white nationalist don't care that whites have been trying to kill each other for thousands of years. To them the barbarians of Gaul and germany are the same breed as romans and greeks and french and anglo saxons and whoever they enslave or quarrel because they're all 'white'. To them Nazis and french people and england should've all been on the same side, so long as their white.
This mindset is frighteningly childlike and simplistic imo
>>
>>77693309
Over 150 tribes tho
>>
>>77693492
>In the future nobody will remember what the once great white european nations were called
Feels bad imo
>>
>>77688595
>jewish guy made a movie about the holocaust
>That would be like looking for a white American dude to direct Schindler's List because he has a "white perspective"
>>
The thing that cracks me up is that Wakandans fucking hate other Africans. Or really anyone not from Wakanda.
>>
File: image.jpg (356KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
356KB, 1536x1152px
Only one man can direct Black Panther

>budget
500 Dollars

It's guaranteed to make back at least double that amount
>>
File: Think about it.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Think about it.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>77693190
>implying Marvel gives fucks about that
>implying they didn't hire the people that made Zathura, Clash of the Titans remake, Mary Shelly's Frankenstein, Jurassic Park 3, only made shitty Buffy tv shows, only wrote the Lethal Weapon movies, You Me & Dupree, Slither and fucking Yes Man
Marvel hires based on who's cheap and they can control. Frankly, we're lucky that most of them have turned out as solid as they are.
>>
>>77689865
Lots of them (Nigerian Hollywood produces more movies than its American counterpart), but very few with any Hollywood cred.
http://www.africapedia.com/TOP-AFRICAN-FILM-DIRECTORS-IN-ALPHABETICAL-ORDER
>>
>>77694676
I'd watch it

watching something made with PASSION instead of a soulless gibcashmagnet formula would be nice
>>
File: 453.jpg (37KB, 329x359px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
453.jpg
37KB, 329x359px
>>77694851
>solid
>>
>>77694851
yeah they should get Zach Synder, derp
Imo
>>
>>77693476
Yeah but he's not wrong when it comes to how people view Hollywood films. I mean who doesn't get angry at Russell Crowe trying to pass for European?
Although I also get angry at African-Americans play Africans I guess.
>>
>>77695003
Well that's mostly an American thing. Europeans are a lot more conscious about what kind of 'white' they came from. It's more about their county and countrymen. In the US they don't really have an equivalent with 'statehood' or regions imho.
>>
>>77695043
North/south east/west coast?
>>
>>77688595

>Blacks should direct our black movie because they're both black
>DC's has an Asian directing Aquaman based on merit and not race

I want this "Marvel is the progressive company" meme to die
>>
>>77695070

Problem is Marvel is trying to run this shit like a comic book company.

Both of the Big Two are still pulling the 'slap black creators on black characters and NOTHING ELSE' crap in that field.
>>
>>77695069
Not really, I mean sometimes actors will be mocked when they try to do a Southern accent and botch it, but there isn't that kind of provincialism in general
>>
>>77689335
Superman isnt muslim
>>
File: Vibranium.jpg (148KB, 960x630px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vibranium.jpg
148KB, 960x630px
>>77695070
Here we fucking go.

Race is a touchy subject in America, especially considering Black People.

I genuinely believe Marvel thinks that they have to find a "black" director for this film - even if race shouldn't matter at all.

The way Marvel sees it, they release BP with a White Director and they're worried that "blacktivists" will shit on them for giving the only "Black" Marvel Movie to a white guy. Like another anon said, it's to further a non-important progressive adventure.

I'd personally want someone who's truly interested in Black Panther as a CHARACTER, not the fact that he's Black; which is apparently all that the previous female directing choice cared about.

T'Challa's not interesting because He's Dark-Skinned, or even because he's African. He's interesting because he's the leader of arguably the most technologically-advanced place on MCU Earth, and everyone want's a piece of that Vibranium Pie.

T'Challa's interesting because he's both the heir to an ancient cultural lineage (epmhasizing the power of familial/cultural pressure to achieve) and the desire to protect his own people.

Black Panther has absolutely FUCKING NOTHING to do with his RACE or SKIN COLOR.

It has to do with his CHARACTER.

This is what fraudulent hacks like fucking Hudlin will NEVER understand, but what people like Christopher Priest truly do.
>>
>>77695282
I really hope you aren't that deluded.
>>
Because if they don't Social Justicars will go ballistic if the character shows any flaws or the film ends up being bad.

It'll all be blamed on whitewashing and a non-black director not understanding the culture.

Or something.
People are legitimately afraid of dealing with that shit now. I can't even blame them.
They win.
>>
>>77688595
>First, since when did races have cultures and when did that start mattering more than culture itself?

Don't we always say stuff like that?
>>
>>77688595
Because the only "africans" that matter to the hollowood jews are the ones they can manipulate.

You don't see as much social support for immigrating african professionals as you see for ghetto blacks, do you?
>>
>>77695179

I don't know about that man. DC seems not to care about it as much as Marvel, an Asian is writing Superman, 2 guys are on Batgirl. I mean there's a black guy on Cyborg but it doesn't seem so forced
>>
>>77688595
oh shit, diamond is unbreakable antagonist is gonna be black? thats cool

im just stocked for a jojo movie
>>
>>77695324
why will marvel listen or be worried by those supposed "blacktivists" it's not like it will hurt the sales.
>>
File: Fucking Heroes.jpg (222KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fucking Heroes.jpg
222KB, 1000x625px
>>77688595
>>77695324
[Cont.]

First off, Culture isn't the product of Race. Race is a social construct used to give social structure to people and sequester them.

Second, you're actually right in the sense that this is technically "pandering". But Marvel's doing it out of a fear of Social Backlash.

This is why I hate having to talk about anything Black in entertainment. Mainly because people are either too abrasive and offended whenever race comes up, or their too sensitive and careful about what they say.

Race always obscures the truly objective merits of a piece of work. I'll give you the example I previously mentioned:

>If Marvel's BP movie does terribly, then socially sensitive people will claim that it's because Marvel didn't respect the "Black" movie by giving it to a "Black" person who understands "Blackness" (I'm not making this shit up believe it or not)

>Others might even say that the "Black" movie featuring a "Black" person performed horribly because nomody wants to see a movie with a "Black" lead.

See the problem here? Both sides are bitching about RACE, instead of writing, acting, casting, directing, etc.
Y'know, the shit that ACTUALLY determines whether or not a movie's fucking GOOD!

This shit always fucking happens nowadays, every single fuckmothering time! We are so fixated on race as a society that we can't even use objective measurements to determine a movie's true quality underneath all the accusations and racial subterfuge.

And that's why this movie will be controversial, no matter what fucking happens.

T'Challa doesn't deserve this shit, no comic character does, regardless of race. Judge them by the quality of their fucking stories and writers, not their goddamn appearance!

They're are fucking childhood heroes /co/ they deserve way fucking more than this shit.
>>
>>77693476
Not really. At all. Go educate yourself on /int/.
>>
>>77690079
Plus he's terrible.
>>
>>77689511

I wouldn't mind a mackie-cap movie, it would be awesome to see him take on the mantle. I like the dude that played winter soldier too but I guess I personally like mackie more, he has been pretty likable in all of his recent films so.
>>
>>77688595
Seems kinda racist
>>
>>77695661
Kind of reminds me of the Untouchables controversy.
Americans were all like
>wtf? How do you dare portray a black man as coming from a ghetto, having family issues and liking funk music? Also muh mighty whitey!
To which the french responded
>wtf? He's a "banlieusard" (banlieues are french economico-cultural ghettos), not a black stereotype. He's portraying a man from a true story who wasn't even black!
>>
>>77695070
It survives because it is intentionally fed by a multi-billion dollar company.
>>
>>77694676
>wakaliwood
>bollywood
what else is there?
>>
>>77695755
/int/ isn't representative of anything.
>>
File: 1607+(53).jpg (178KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1607+(53).jpg
178KB, 1600x900px
>>77688595
teehee now we just need Storm and the movie will be perfect
>>
>>77695661
But race has biological facts behind it.
>>
>>77695945
Nollywood.
>>
File: 1 Guy.jpg (11KB, 328x340px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1 Guy.jpg
11KB, 328x340px
>>77695929
Welcome to America.
We're never getting over it.

>>77695958
Also this. If you seriously think this site is a legitimate place for unbiased opinions regarding the histories and cultures of the world's people, then you're wrong.
>>
>>77688595
>Only a black guy can direct Black Panther

Totally not racist. How about you get a FAN of Black Panther instead, regardless of fucking race?
>>
>>77696013
>How about you get a FAN of Black Panther

kek

We need realistic solutions, anon
>>
File: [Disgusted Sigh].jpg (441KB, 1754x1320px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
[Disgusted Sigh].jpg
441KB, 1754x1320px
>>77695987
Strictly within the context of evolutionary biology. You're thinking of biological phenotypes which are the result of geographic-based evolution. Race is something that was created by humans in direct response to our physical differences.

I was talking more about how Race as it currently exists (and has for most of human history) is mostly used to facilitate a degree of social control.

Also OP is dumb as shit.
>>
>>77689806
To a degree, I actually agree with him. It's basically a board of white rich men who made all of the all-white-cast movies going "how do we get more black people money?"
>>
>>77695987
Not really. The genetic differences between races are smaller than variations within each race, and the way races are defined are almost completely arbitrary.
>>
>>77695988
>Nollywood
learn something new everyday
>>
>>77695995
>>77695958
Not sure where you're getting that from, or whatever information that you had about people lacking knowledge of different anglo groups is from or better than /int/. Nor are your points relevant to your ignorance/me calling out on your ignorance.
>>
>>77688595

aren't the writers white anyways?
so why does the director matter so much?
>>
They'll be called racist if the director isn't black.

WB will also seek a black guy to direct "Cyborg".

Just like "Wonder Woman" only considered female directors and "Captain Marvel" is posited to do the same.
>>
>>77688595
>looking for a black director

That's retarded. They should be looking for a capable director, skin color shouldn't even be a factor.
>>
File: 2 Guys and a Girl.jpg (138KB, 970x582px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2 Guys and a Girl.jpg
138KB, 970x582px
>>77696080
Mate, the point is that this site isn't a good place to talk about actual history and the cultures of the world.

There's always some jackass interjecting and skewing things to fit their own personal agenda. These same people wrongfully fill other's heads with biased crap. It's the Internet, no one has a obligation to tell the truth and be accountable.

If you want legitimate discussion, meet face-to-face, or better yet - find people who are actually officially recognized as being credible. Historians, Sociologists, Anthropologists, etc.
>>
>>77696080
I get that from my experience on /int/ and 4chan in general, compared to the real world and other places on the interwebs. 4chan is not representative of how groups anons identify with behave. Besides maybe furries and shippers.
>u ignant
Mr. Jefferson, please.
>>
>>77696217
>Cyborg

>Actually happening

HHAHAHAHA
>>
>>77696120
Because that's the name people mention when they say whose movie it is, for better or for worse.
>>
>>77689942
You know what got me, a white lad from some rural village to want to get into acting?

Chow Yun Fat and other Cantonese action film stars.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE THE SAME BLOODY RACE OF YOU TO INSPIRE YOU TO DO SOMETHING! THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF MOVING BEYOND RACIAL CONSCIOUSNESS YOU STUPID FUCK.
>>
>>77696274
This.

In response to >>77696080

Why the fuck would you think /pol/ and /int/ are good places to discuss anything?

Hell, shitposters from /pol/ aready invaded /his spamming threads about "WE WUZ KINGZ N' SHIT" Y'know the usual "let's shit on black people" stuff.

Most people on this site post stupid shit ironically. That's how most of these boards used to operate, even /co/. The funny thing is - when you constantly spend time ironically posting stupid shit - you're gonna eventually start attracting ACTUAL stupid people here. '

The same people who literally cannot understand the difference between Sex and Gender, between Race and Ethnicity - those types, the actual shit-for-brains. This is what happened to /pol (not that ironic shitposting was ever good) They eventually attracted the white neo-nazi types like Stormfront.

So no, 4chan isn't and never will be a place to ever take seriously. You doing so only makes you look stupid.
>>
>>77695070
>>Blacks should direct our black movie because they're both black
What I find funny is that's the most racist thing I've heard in a while. Imagine trying to tell a bus company "Blacks should drives blacks" or a barber "Only blacks should cut other blacks." The progressive virus has warped around and bit it's own tail imo.
>>
>>77693248
That's only Americans though. I could point out the differences between a Zulu, a Bantu and a Tutsi easily.

Most Americans aren't even from where they claim there are. I've seen people who look full on Slav swear they're Irish.
>>
>>77696274
So you makes your claims about dumb white nationalists and people not knowing about other anglos from your 4chan experience, then say 4chan isn't a good place to get information?

>>77696238
I was questioning the legitimacy of the other guy's claims. Beneath the occasional shitpost and banter you can find some real dialogue. Unless you're going to be like that adult figure who thinks everything online is a lie. Especially when all we're discussing is how people percieve other whites, you don't need researchers for that.
>>
>>77696217
>They'll be called racist if the director isn't black.
By racists.
>>
>>77696311
If it does.
>>
If this keeps up we're going to end up with Spike Lee directing
>>
File: Ant-Man Suit.jpg (366KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ant-Man Suit.jpg
366KB, 1200x1600px
>>77696455
>Beneath the occasional shitpost and banter you can find some real dialogue.

But that's the thing - is it fucking worth it? To sift through the sea of fucking garbage these people spew out on a daily basis? All in the hopes that you find one or two valuable gems?

> Especially when all we're discussing is how people percieve other whites, you don't need researchers for that.

You don't, but then again that's nothing worthwhile discussing about IMO. Perceptions are subjective opinions, and there's no convincing an opposing figure of anything else as long as they're stubborn as shit.

I get what you're saying. In return, I want people to realize that this place is great for acting like an irredeemable cunt - but they should never fool themselves into thinking that the vast majority of us here have anything interesting to offer.

It's outdated image board that should've died years ago, and it's devolved into a typical hate-machine echo-chamber, the ultimate form of cognitive dissonance. Yet we waste time here anyway.
>>
>>77695661
>First off, Culture isn't the product of Race. Race is a social construct used to give social structure to people and sequester them.

This shallow little escapee doesn't avoid anything. So what if Race is social?
You know what else is a social construct? Humans. Language. Shitting on a toilet (Not all cultures do that!). Cooking your food and not living in a cave or living like a primitive feral animal.

Just because any subject is based around a "Social construct" doesn't invalidate it's worth. Otherwise imo you're just spouting that same neo-multiculturalism crap that really just means "Hey minorities your culture doesn't matter! And nor does your discrimination stop complaining LALALA all lives matter we don't see race race doesn't exist!"
It's a pretty disgustingly deceptive underhanded tactic to get a "Get out of jail free card" when it comes to trying to ignore race.

For example, Race is a social construct, sure whatever you say. Different races and ethnicities having to face vastly different statistics, economic odds and circumstances in our cultural landscape however 'isn't' an easily handwaveable construct, it's a reality those people have to deal with. And to just ignore it so blatantly comes off as pretty disingenuous
>>
>>77696597
>For example, Race is a social construct, sure whatever you say. Different races and ethnicities having to face vastly different statistics, economic odds and circumstances in our cultural landscape however 'isn't' an easily handwaveable construct, it's a reality those people have to deal with. And to just ignore it so blatantly comes off as pretty disingenuous
BP has literally zero in common with an African-American other than his skin color, though. He grew up as a privileged racial majority in his home country.
>>
>>77696436
I didn't mention /pol/ at all, not sure where this butthurt obsession is coming from.

See >>77693476. Does that really sound like an educated opinion, anything different from what you'd read on the rest of the site bar a few boards? It sounded like he was ignorant and probably rarely visits /int/ anyways, hence why I told him to see more opinions of people over there (or really, anywhere else online or in the real world).

Bottom line is, that anon is an idiot for making blanket statements. Lots of people know the difference, including on this site (and the scummy posters as well).
>>
File: mfw Anger.gif (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mfw Anger.gif
3MB, 720x404px
>>77696597
Race is the entire reason why Black people were suffering for most of their history in this country.

That's why people are still so fucking adamant about mentioning it in ANYTHING. Including Major Motion Pictures.

It's that same pain and frustration they felt that lives with them to this day. The problem is when Race is thrown into practices that don't have use for it. Last time I checked Race as a "Social Construct" has no substantial impact on the capability of a Film Maker or Director.

I myself am Black (African in fact), and you have the fucking audacity to lecture me about race and other socioeconomic factors?

Also >>77696648
>>
>>77696573
Seems I don't have a jaded view of the site as you do.
>>
>>77696707
Not Jaded, Realistic.
Considering what the Internet does to people.
>>
>>77696058
>biological phenotypes
Boom, biological facts.
>>
Anthony Mackie said that the movie doesn't need a black director because "A Horse didn't need to direct Seabiscuit."

Makes sense. So of course tumblr called him a "house nigger."
>>
Black man here, let me tell you why this is happening.

First off, I don't think Feige has any black friends. When these black directors are pulled into the board room with a bunch of white executives to talk about an African character and talk of the black cultural perspective gets thrown around by these white folk of course the directors will feel uncomfortable. And they will also see the silliness of Feige and his cronies' desperation for a African-American director for an African movie as if African-Americans have any better perspective on Africa than other Americans just because we're black.

Secondly, the small crop of successful black directors in Hollywood have gotten to that level of success because they are just that damn good. In discriminatory ass Hollywood, your average minority director needs to be purely talented rather than getting opportunities off networking and connections like your average white one. Time may pass but stuff stays exactly the same as the Civil Rights era ("twice as good, twice as smart, twice as dependable, twice as talented" as a white person to get anywhere near the same level of success as that white person)

So when Feige comes to them and tries to push the trademark Marvel Studios creative control and restrictions onto them, of course they'll say no.
>>
>>77696648
I love how ignorable you try to pretend to be while leaving out convenient facts in your narrative. Like the fact that most of Black Panther's first enemies were crackers like the Clan, White Supremacist, and every black boogyman one can think of.

And EVERY time the rhetoric behind his character was always "Wow these muthafuckas be racist dicks I'ma kill them and give two shits if I seem like a fascist terrorist about it."
And I suppose it's just a coincidence his character shares in common with the name of an infamous Black Power group.
>>
>>77696818
They're not really "facts". They're inconsistent divisions about as scientific as musical genres.
>>
>>77696482
Well, I'm not exactly hedging my bets here.
>>
>>77696870
>And I suppose it's just a coincidence his character shares in common with the name of an infamous Black Power group.
It is. He pre-dates them.
>>
>>77696870
>Like the fact that most of Black Panther's first enemies were crackers like the Clan, White Supremacist, and every black boogyman one can think of.
Did you even read Jungle Action?
>>
>>77696818
Phenotype expression is a result of external factors (Environment Natural Selection) not purely genetics, that's the Genotype.

What's expressed as the Phenotype determines physical attributes including skin color.

The point is that humans our infinite wisdom, love to discriminate, create means of division and cataloging. Skin color was the easiest and quickest method, hence, the creation of Race.

So no, Race isn't genetic, it's cultural.
>>
>>77696839
No one asked for your opinion, my dusky friend.
>>
>>77696974
go digi your sister, cac
>>
>>77696958
You're just not getting it. The way you say "Cultural" as if culture is just imaginary and disappears into the aether, poof gone is ridiculous. Genetics doesn't have anything to do with it. A lion doesn't have to know shit about genetics to have the instinctive reaction to kill the bastard sons of his mate if he deems they're from another head lion.

You don't get to ignore cultural differences and ingrained behaviors just because some ammino acids aren't the ones calling them.
>>
>>77696836

I remember Mackie saying that, I don't remember tumblr getting buttmad over it though.
>>
>>77697080
There was some grumbling, but Tumblr got more buttmad about Mackie saying he supported Trump; that and Twitter bitching made him go "Just a joke hehe Hillary 2016"
>>
>>77696836
why is he so great?
>>
>>77697071
The Lion's desire to act is in respect to their mate, not the appearance of the attacker.

You say it like there's an innate compulsion to immediately distrust/attack black people or some shit.
>>
>>77697144
That is exactly what I'm saying.
Replace black people with another group or whoever, it doesn't really matter. But trying to pretend like this sort of thing isn't inherent and just a "cultural" hitch in our modern world just seems remarkably ignorant.
>>
File: The Black Man.jpg (393KB, 960x1350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
The Black Man.jpg
393KB, 960x1350px
>>77697357
The fuck man?

I'm pretty sure the "fear" of black people is due to both Media Fixation on "Black Culture" and the Socioeconomic conditions that led to their current position in society.
>>
>>77697080
I know I have a link to it, but yea they turned on him like rabid dogs.

The thing about tumblr, and most liberals in general, not to get too political here, but if you're, for lack of a better term, "oppressed" ie a minority, trans, female, etc. and you don't adhere to their hivemind, they'll fucking drop you in a second.

Hell, look at the backlash Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner is getting for saying s/he is going to vote republican, or the whole Joss Whedon ordeal.

They cannot handle the fact that people have different opinions and if you don't bend over backwards for them or abide by their extremely specific groupthink, you're fucking dead to them.
>>
>>77697574
Oh Please

We do the exact same shit when someone says they Like Bendis, Slot, Fraction, or Hickman

How did you say it? They "cannot handle the fact that people have different opinions and if you don't bend over backwards for them or abide by their extremely specific groupthink, you're fucking dead to them."

This is a human (groupthink) thing, Tumblr only get's notice because their more popular.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about /co/ or the people in it.
>>
>>77697409
Keep telling yourself that. You know people in rich suburban neighborhoods build high white picket fences for a reason you know.
>>
>>77696068
You'd be surprised what a random search on YouTube can bring you.

It turns out there's an entire film "industry" based out of Africa. Uganda, Nigeria, and other countries with independent studios have channels on YT.

Picture unrelated.
>>
>>77697669
I thought that was because people don't like getting intruders in general.

No you're right, people totally let burglars into their home to rape their wives and steal their shit if their white.

Silly me.
>>
>>77688595
Everyone knows that the 30 million black Americans are the only blacks that actually matter on this planet. Fuck the billion-odd blacks living elsewhere.
>>
>>77697840
Now you say that, but nobody truly cares about them, awful as that sounds.

>>77697669 is fucking crazy, but he's right in the sense that Americans care about Black Americans, because they're here.

Or rather, people care about Blacks in the sense that their apparently terrified of them.
>>
>>77697653
We do the same thing, that's a given, but nowhere near the point tumblr does.

Let me use an example.
Man of Steel.
It's two years old, the general consensus is it's shit, but to this day there are threads filled with people praising it for whatever horse shit reason.

They don't abide by /co/'s general opinion on MoS, but there still here anyway.

I have a tumblr, shit on it all you want, but it's a great source for drawfags, fap material, rage fuel, etc. and I can promise you, once a celebrity defies their general hivemind, nothing they do to redeem themselves matter, they're never spoken of and just swept under the rug.

Differing opinions on /co/ are debated.
Differing opinions on tumblr are ignored.
>>
>>77688595
>Hey, you're a black director right?
>Yeah nigga
>Good, help us with this movie
>Aye shieeeet gonna maek dis about da plight of the black afro american!
>Uh, no he's a prince of Africa
>...Da fuck?

Rinse repeat until at least one of them caves in and either does what Marvel says or Marvel obliges to the director.
>>
File: bad sad bad.jpg (30KB, 368x421px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bad sad bad.jpg
30KB, 368x421px
>theres a superhero literally named black panther

Is there another one named Warrior of Social Justice?
>>
>>77697904
>but to this day there are threads filled with people praising it for whatever horse shit reason.
Because they know doing so triggers you.
Man of Steel is the real meme movie. Not a single one of those threads is started by a guy that leigtimately "saw it for the first time i thought it was pretty good". They just say that shit to get a rise out of us and it works because there is no other board on this site that takes the bait so easily.
>>
>>77697936

No but there is one called White Clansman.
>>
>>77697965

He lives in a hidden city in the Caucus Mountains, which are actually a noble tribe of savages with no technology or culture whatsoever.
>>
File: Wow.jpg (56KB, 866x556px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Wow.jpg
56KB, 866x556px
>>77697904
They're only debated here because we're niche enough to care about them.

People on Tumblr dismiss shit they don't care about, and remain in their isolated little groups. We can't do that, as we're already a niche group on a niche board.

As for MoS, your complaints better be about the pacing, writing, or general direction of the story, as opposed to "MUH MAN or Murder".

Because Clark also killed Zod in Superman II if you remember.
The reason why it gets posted so much is because you people literally take the bait every single fucking time. You're so hellbent on hating the damn thing that you let yourselves create flamewars around it.
>>
>>77697940
>there is no other board that takes b8 so easily
You've never left /co/, have you?

And, yea, I'll admit some MoS threads are started as b8, but what's more likely is that they're started by delusional DCfags who won't accept that it's a piece of shit movie.

But I digress, the point I'm trying to make is there are unpopular opinions here, but because of the way 4chan's built, we literally cannot ignore them.
>>
>>77697936
You know black panthers are a real thing that existed before the Black Panther movement, right?
>>
>>77697709
I never said it was purely because of blacks.
Rich upperclass white people honestly despise anyone from a lower class. They'd throw them all in blenders and gut them up the romans did in colosseums if they could, and that's not even an exaggeration.

>>77697890
They're only terrified of the blacks because they knew they abused them and are scared as shit of retaliation. Their fear is a kind of reactive guilt repurposed by sociopaths who are incapable of feeling guilt. This fear and inability to accept responsibility for ones past and history isn't cultural so much as it is very human.

Delenda est Carthago~
>>
>>77698041
Meh, I could say that all Marvel MCU movies are trash because they're lighthearted comedies with no true sense of tension or impending danger for the heroes.

I could, but I won't because there are examples which are contrary. The first Iron Man is a great example. If you disagree, then I'll take it to mean that Marvel has never created a truly moving film.

And yes you can ignore shitty opinions. No one's cramming them down your throat or pointing a gun to your head forcing you to read them.

>>77698106
I'll give you those points. The problem is that society as a whole can't put anything behind it, and move forward.

But to be honest, I'm starting to think you have some sort of grudge against Rich White People.
>>
>>77696974
This is the Internet, you'll get tons of opinions you never asked for.
>>
Why does he have to be black? Why not just an African director?
>>
>>77698009
Look, I don't want to turn this into another fucking MoS thread, and honestly I avoid MoS threads because I saw the movie once in theaters two years ago, I remember fuck all about it.

But hey, while the subjects up, here's the few problems I had with the movie
>the entire scene on Krypton was utterly pointless and took up, what, 30 minutes of the movie?
>Supes killing Zod is whatever to me, but it's ridiculously melodramatic and Zod threatening to kill a family of 4 has zero fucking stakes to it because he's already destroyed half of the fucking city
>Lois Lane is in scenes where she has no reason to be because love interest
>that fucking Jesus allegory
>grim dark worked ONCE with TDK 7 fucking years ago, we don't need an edgy, gritty realistic Superman

That's just what I remember, to be fair, I fell asleep at about an hour in and woke up with half an hour left.
>>
>>77697904
Man of Steel is good though.

You faggot with a lack of taste.
>>
>>77698168
Why does he even need to be african? Fuck political correctness, get a good director, if he happens to be black them good for him.
>b-but the blactivists will boycott! They will call Marvel racis!
They will be in the theaters same as everyone on /co/. They can't help themselves
>>
>>77698144
No one's forcing their opinions down your throat, that's not my point, what I'm saying is those different opinions are here, whether we like them or not, the same cannot be said about tumblr.

Take Steven Universe generals, I don't like SU, I don't hate it either, but they're here anyway.
>>
File: DC Heroes.jpg (90KB, 655x380px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DC Heroes.jpg
90KB, 655x380px
>>77698208
That's fine. Those are fair, reasonable criticisms.

I have no problems with you.

I have problems with people who deliberately start shit on this already volatile site.

That and people who easily take the bait and prove to the shitposters that they're dumbfucks.

If you like something, great - talk about it.

If you hate something and someone says they like it (Ironically or Legitimately) DON'T FUCKING RESPOND WITH BUTTHURT OR ANGER.

It just makes you look like a pathetic manchild, which isn't exactly helping this place's general reputation.
>>
>>77698220
I disagree
>>
>Black Panther director thread.
>Turns into MoS hate thread.

Jesus, Marvelfags are so fucking insecure. Have to take any opportunity to trash MoS on any thread that contains a hint of something wrong with their Disneyfied comedy franchise.
>>
>>77698276
Yeah but those are for people who actually like SU. Y'know the fans .

They're not for you. That's life anon. Different people are going to come here and post about things you don't like.

The Big Boy response is to ignore them. You seem like a reasonable person, and I know that's not beyond your capacity.
>>
>>77698332

maybe the movie is just that bad, anon
>>
>>77696062
lewontin's fallacy
>>
>>77698416
Id on't watch CBMs. But the fact that any negative MCU thread instantly devolves into essentially "B-but MoS and it's RT score" like your response is the most pitifully insecure piece of shit. Especially since this is a thread about racial profiling when it comes to director casting.
>>
>>77698306
I totally agree, the thing is it's easy to seem butthurt or pissed off when discussing opinions over movies or what have you. Was I butthurt when I listed my problems with MoS? No, I think the movie's fine, I just didn't enjoy it, but I guarantee you someone will read my problems with it and think I was butthurt about it.

>>77698332
I used MoS as an example of a polarizing topic, another anon asked me what was wrong with it, I answered, chill, brah.

>>77698349
It goes back to my original point, on /co/, people have different opinions on different subjects and are allowed to voice them without fear of being silenced. Tumblr users do not have this luxury.
>>
>>77689806
wait.
does he really mean that the 'black person' won't benefit from the movie. like, does he expect 'black people' to get a cut from movie sales?
>>
>>77696059
>I actually agree with him
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/revleft/
>>>/5percent/
>>
File: Meh.png (426KB, 800x461px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Meh.png
426KB, 800x461px
>>77698349
And Adding on what I said. Again you seem like a reasonable guy. Here me out.

This isn't Tumblr. With Tumblr you can be immature and pretend like it's not there.

This is one of 4chan's more redeeming factors. Yes this place is a shithole, but it actually forces people to develop tolerance.

On /co/ you have to accept that people will like shit you don't.

On Tumblr, and other Social Media sites you can literally filter things you don't like constantly, so that you never have to see them. Essentially turning the place into your own personal echo chamber.

If I like the Flash but I hate Arrow (I dont't), then I can search for Flas hastags on Tumblr and Block Arrow.

On /co/ I'll see both Flash Threads and Arrow threads if something interesting happens. Over time exposure to both builds up my tolerance for both. Even if it's only a passing observation.

Granted 4chan does have a filtering system, but that's designed mainly for span IIRC. The vast majority of people here are exposed to content they either aren't aware of, or even despise - but have grown to like it.

For me personally, I used to absolutely despise the JSA and the LoSH (Yeah, you heard me) but occasional storytimes over the years have made me found a new appreciation for people like Doctor Mid-Nite and Hour man.

>>77698594
Hilarious my friend! :)
>>
>>77698628
Sorry that was meant for >>77698556
>>
>>77698332
>marvel hate thread
>turns into general hate thread
...surprised?
>>
>>77698628
Would do you agree with a retard who seems to not remember the Blade trilogy being the first of modern superhero films.
>>
File: 1448143489803.png (148KB, 443x552px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448143489803.png
148KB, 443x552px
>>77698712
*why
>>
>>77698666
Satan begone
>>
>>77689942
you know what black people love? kung fu movies.

Also fuck you, there's been plenty of movies with high budgets and black people in them. Go back to your ranch Lucas, no one likes you
>>
>>77693476
>White people have been trying to kill each other for thousands of years over differences
>therefore they don't care about differences between white people
>>
File: Spider-Men.jpg (141KB, 1169x684px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Spider-Men.jpg
141KB, 1169x684px
>>77698712
>>77698724
He's not a retard. I understand where he's coming from.

The thing about the Internet is that it's very easy to unload as much anal discharge as you can on someone who irks you.

What makes people remarkable is when they're able to resist the temptation to resort to petty namecalling and blatantly false accusations.

The Blade Trilogy weren't exactly great, the action was fucking phenomenal, but the writing and acting? Not so much.

Same with Spider-Man (2002) and X-Men (2000). Nobody watches a Superhero movie for the rich narrative, much in the same way that most adults don't read comics for the action. (Ironic isn't it?)

But people are so adamant to blatantly shit on others for liking one of these movies over the other - all the while failing to realize that no Superhero movie is Oscar worthy. They're entertaining at the very least, and somewhat emotional at their best.
>>
Call me old-fashioned, but how about getting someone good who can make a good movie instead of going by ethnicity or gender?

What kind of retarded shit is this?
>>
>>77698839
>no Superhero movie is Oscar worthy

fuck of cunt
>>
>>77698890
Are you even PC anon?
>>
>>77698890
Do you not know what company is making this movie?
>>
File: CW Speedsters.jpg (35KB, 534x401px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CW Speedsters.jpg
35KB, 534x401px
>>77698839
People also do the same shit when it comes to ranking Superhero TV.

You always have those people who praise Netflix MCU as the second comming of Capeshit just because the general setting is realistic.

Not to be outdone, you have people who vehemently defend CW Shows like Flash (Not saying any of both types of show are bad, calm down) just because they're so much more fantastical.

Netflix Capeshit is grounded in reality - but that doesn't mean the writing is automatically superior or the characters are more captivating.

Likewise CW shows are extremely hammy and more than willing to demonstrate the truly insane shit Comics are known for, but that doesn't mean their fight choreography is better or pacing.

At the end of the day, they're all TV shows about comic characters, we should be thankful that they even exist, not constantly bitching whining and moaning about which is better.

>>77698907
God you're fucking stupid.
Didn't you realize I was talking about Live Action? The Incredibles is a phenomenal movie, but it's still not heartwarming. It's more of a tribute to Silver Age comics.
>>
>>77698890
qualities doesn't matter as long as the director is black. Even if he's a great director, the color of his skin comes first. Welcome to 2015.
>>
>>77698969
>No superhero movie worth Oscars.
>I meant live action.

Too late, bruh.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accolades_received_by_The_Dark_Knight
>>
>>77698969
>The Incredibles is a phenomenal movie, but it's still not heartwarming. It's more of a tribute to Silver Age comics.

how is that relevant to whether or not it's oscar-worthy or not?

>seriously writing out a 2-part response to console war companyfags
>surprised someone shitposts in resplonse
>>
File: wow.png (198KB, 599x143px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wow.png
198KB, 599x143px
>>77698969
>The Incredibles isn't heartwarming
>>
>>77699015
Alright then. How is it Oscar-Worthy?
Not being sarcastic or provocative. I genuinely want an answer.
>>
>>77699007

He said Oscar-worthy, not "received oscars because Heat Legend was die"
>>
>>77699060

the short answer is, it's an animated film which is a less competitive category than Best Picture.
>>
>>77699065
Stay mad, bruh.
>>
>>77699065

Just like how Brandon Lee won an Oscar for The Crow, right?

>inb4 that's different because of negligible circumstances I'll just make up right now
>>
>>77696839
>Black man here, let me tell you why this is happening.

Oh so because you're black you instantly have a better understanding of the issue than any of us? You should work for Marvel
>>
>>77698890
Racist.
>>
>>77698890
Problematic desu
>>
>>77688595
>Black Panther isn't even American.


Race effects the entire world. Not just America.

A white male never be the best dude for the job.
>>
>>77700326
Gotta admit. I laughed.
>>
So, Marvel are racists, right?
>>
>>77696219
underrated post
>>
>>77688595
>Why?
To keep rich white liberals from complaining on the internet
>>
>>77688995
>>
John Woo should do it
>>
>>77688959
This is the spelling of a man you can trust to judge the Hollywood zeitgeist.
>>
which is harder: getting a black director or getting a rated R movie for the cinematic universe?
>>
>>77698832
>People have been trying to kill each other for thousands of years.

Please tell me you're not one of those mentally ill people who thinks that the world was a utopia until European expansion occurred. It wasn't until the 20th century that European powers caused proportionate deaths on the level that commonly occurred in Asia and the Americas.
>>
>>77700896
Racist.
>>
>>77696958
>So no, Race isn't genetic, it's cultural.

How the fuck does Lewontin retards still exist in 2015?
>>
>>77704994
R.

If Marvel keeps looking they'll find a director eventually that has no self respect and desperate to make a name.
>>
>>77696455
>you makes your claims about dumb white nationalists
I didn't, I just pointed out your rebuttal wasn't good. You also extrapolated quite a bit, anon never said he got that opinion from 4chan or that it was specific to not distinguishing types of Anglos.
>>
>>77688595
They probably just meant black but have to say "african american" to be PC

Also, races have had cultures since the dawn of civilization, and race came to matter more than the culture when the world globalized to the point where nothing is actually different about people beyond skin color
>>
>>77688620
I've always thought jews were just another flavor of white people, like danes and saxons and slavs and whatever the hell else was running around in europe before they decided to stop killing each other
>>
>>77706996
That's only really in America, where the POC/White dichotomy is so strong, outside of America ethnicity matters a hell of a lot more.
>>
>>77706489
because you suck
>>
>>77698890

2015
0
1
5
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 42


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.