[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>supposed to be a serious political thriller on the lines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: test1.jpg (105KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
test1.jpg
105KB, 900x900px
>supposed to be a serious political thriller on the lines of Winter Soldier
>suddenly Scott Lang shows up with his awkwardness and quips
Just how much of a cluster fuck will Civil War be?
>>
>>77682708
why do you think this?
>>
>>77682708
I am a little worried to be honest, I'm not sure how well the Russo's style is gonna work with all these heroes in the mix
>>
File: 4387.jpg (21KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
4387.jpg
21KB, 321x322px
>>77682708
>>supposed to be a serious political thriller

AHAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>77682708
>Director of Yes Man
>Director of Scott Pilgrim
>>
>>77682806
Read OP's post before responding
>>
>>77682708
>serious political thriller

>super hero summer blockbuster movie

Choose one.
>>
File: huh.jpg (30KB, 907x481px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
30KB, 907x481px
>>77682708
>Winter Soldier
>political thriller
>>
I mostly just hope this is still Cap's story, and not Avengers 2.5
>>
>>77682832
Yeah I know. It's a meme that won't die.
>>
>>77682708

You know, I'm hoping it'll be nothing like the comic just as much as the next guy, but what if everyone will be written super out-of-character to avoid maximum quip overload?
>>
>>77682806
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>77682708
>is disappointed when a cape film isn't a 2+ hour pretentious bore fest

Don'cha just wish they were all directed by Christopher Nolan?
>>
>>77683015
Go back to Transformers, pleb
>>
>>77682708
Wait til RDJ takes up most of the screentime.

Just be thankful Starlord isn't there.
>>
>>77683224
Shit, I wish Memelord was there. This could be a clusterfuck but I want it to be an entertaining one at least.
>>
>>77682708
No it wasn't.
>>
>>77683566
At long as they got the same fight choreographers from TWS I think it'll be pretty entertaining no matter what.
>>
>>77682708
I dunno, you have a lot of cold war, espionage shit with Hank you could bring to the table.

Let's not forget, Pym Particles are in a whole nother league compared to the rest of The Avengers. Thor and Vision are the only ones who even come close to Pym's level, if he really takes the kid gloves off and stops fucking around.

With Pym going all out, they could erase the rest of the Avengers from existence if they really needed to.
>>
Can /MCU/, /CW/, /ManOfMurder/ and all of your cancerous capeshit movie and tv shows just fuck off >>>/tv/ already? I'm tired of having to hide 50+ live action threads every time I come to /co/. Either contain your cancer or ship it off to /tv/.
>>
>>77682708
Maybe if Winter Soldier made more money than Iron Man 3 then Civil War wouldn't need to of happened
>>
>>77683653
There is nothing in the rules for /co/ against the adaptions. They pertain to comics and cartoons. Get mad over something else all you do is lurk anyway.
>>
>>77682708

They could easily play him up as a pervert in the next one and less of a quipper.
>>
>>77683745
He can't be a pervert
1.he's with Hope now
2.thats StarDanceOff's thing
He's going to be the obsessive fanboy
>>
>>77682847
You will be disappointed.

They shelled out RDJ money, so it will probably be more like Iron Man IV.
>>
File: image.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>77682708
You don't acutally watch political thrillers, do you?
>>
>>77686366
Of course not, all he watches is capeshit.
>>
>serious political thriller
>Winter Soldier

Christ you're easy to impress aren't you? I remember this hilarious interview with Redford where the interviewer kept trying to get him to draw connections with Three Days of the Condor and All the President's Men and he literally had no idea what the fuck they were talking about. He just kept saying, "I signed on because my grandkids love these movies!"
>>
>>77683081
Anyone who actually knows shit about film-as-art dislikes Nolan.
>>
File: ANTS.gif (226KB, 238x206px) Image search: [Google]
ANTS.gif
226KB, 238x206px
>>77682708
>Based Ant-man managed by the Russo´s

I can´t wait
>>
>>77682708
>serious political thriller on the lines of Winter Soldier
>suddenly Scott Lang shows up with his awkwardness and quips
What a lose-lose situation.
>>
>>77682708
>serious political thriller on the lines of Winter Soldier
What?
>>
>>77682748
Based on Russos bros statements.
>>
I love how /co/ talks about the fact that cape heroes can be used in all sorts of stories, but this thread is full of shitposting when people mention how WS was clearly inspired by political thrillers.

No you fucking morons, saying that WS was inspired by political thrillers doesn't mean we're making direct quality comparisons to Three Days Of The Condor. It's a stylistic wrapper around a superhero story, aka the things comics do all the damn time. I mean it's even clear in the damn score, it sound exactly like a 90's political thriller score.

>b-but it's different when MCU does it because they're popular
>>
>>77687068
Have you people even seen Three Days of the Condor?

It's not even a political thriller, it's just a straight up action thriller. Closest it gets to politics is the bad guys are anonymous mysterious government agents.
>>
>>77682806
Hah, what an idiot.
>>
>>77687165

>It's not even a political thriller

It's about a government conspiracy involving international assassins starring a CIA agent.

How is it not? Hell it's even more of a political thriller then the book, considering that was about a fairly generic drug-smuggling operation and the movie was about plans to control oil in the Middle-East, so it wrapped itself up in current political problems and conversations.

Also the books sucks shit, holy crap talk about elevating and fixing the material.
>>
>>77682708
>Civil War will have Iron Man in it
>Civil War is basically Avengers 3
>Marvel movie status quo

The movie will be a cluster fuck of quips

And you'll go see it anyway
>>
>mfw Hank faced Bucky in the Cold War

You KNOW it happened
>>
>>77682708
Just imagine what it'll be like when Star Lord, Ant-Man and the Avengers get into one movie.
>>
> implying the russos don't know how to handle their humor compared to whedon

screenshot this post, he'll be one of the BIGGEST surprises of this movie, fans will be happy
>>
>>77682708
KAMEN RAIDO... A-A-ANT-MAN!!!
>>
File: 1.jpg (159KB, 1296x774px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
159KB, 1296x774px
Who cares about civil war at this point? Why cares about doctor strange?

The hype has been diverted to batman v superman, suicide squad, x men apocalypse, gambit and deadpool
>>
>>77682708

>Yet ANOTHER super villain who won't have his iconic outfit with the fucking "he'll get it later" excuse
>>
File: bait-patrick.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
bait-patrick.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>77688983
>why cares
>The hype has been diverted to x men apocalypse and gambit
>>
>>77682854
the Russos said thats what it is and what they intended it to be
>>
File: 1.jpg (133KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
133KB, 600x770px
>>77689089
>calling the truth bait

Good thing I bought my 3d glasses
>>
>>77682708

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. My sides every fucking time.

It's like Marvel moviegoers are handicapped. Watch Munich, Tailor, Tinker, Soldier, Spy or the Bourne movies.
>>
>>77689117
Then they failed at it hard.

Marvel Studios just called their shitty Thor films Shakespearean dramas, you believe that shit also?
>>
>>77689117
So the idiots from You me and Dupree said that their movie has more substance than it actually does and you ate that shit up?
>>
>>77682847
It's a vs movie. Which means half of it will be Starks side aka no cap.
Expect iron man for at least half the movie if not more.
You shouldn't be surprised really, teams have always been both Marvel's greatest strength and weakness.
>>
>>77689209
>marvelkeks will believe anything their lords and masters tell them about their movies

Not a surprise at all really.
>>
>>77689182
>putting the Bourne movies on a par with Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
>getting Tailor and Tinker the wrong way round
>watching the Tinker Tailor movie instead of the miniseries
>watching the mini series instead of reading the book
>>
>>77689262
Alright /lit/ don't get your panties in a bunch
>>
>>77682708
can't be worse than Age of Ultron
>>
>>77686456
hahaha that's such a weak argument it's actually funny. Your comment is basically The Room.
>>
>>77686426

I remember hearing how they wanted to make Winter Soldier better then Dark Knight.

Here's the fucking difference: Dark Knight was written and directed by the guy who made Following, Memento, and The Prestige.

Winter Solider was written and directed by the guys who made Welcome To Collinwood, You Me and Dupree, and The Life and Death of Peter Sellars.
>>
>>77686456

Nolan's overrated, but he's not BAD. He should just go back to making smaller movies (The Prestige was probably as big as he should have gotten, and Memento is legit Great)
>>
>>77687264

Mad Dogs, by the same author, is awesome though. It's just 100 percent crazy.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.