[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>> From the tumblr of Everett, creator of Poppy O possum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

>> From the tumblr of Everett, creator of Poppy O possum

I’m sorry to say that Poppy is going to be going on a brief hiatus for reasons I would prefer to keep private at this time. It’s not for health reasons or anything dramatic like that, so please don’t feel concerned for my well-being. I can’t specify how long exactly the hiatus will be for yet. It could be only a couple of weeks, it could be until the end of the year.
I will continue to be working on pages as much as I can during this period, as well as the other work on my to-do list, but the site itself will not be updating until further notice. I want to thank everyone who enjoys and supports Poppy, you guys mean a lot to me.
>>
>I would prefer to keep private at this time.
He's going to fuck animals for anatomy accuracy
>>
>>77681242
Well hopefully he breezes through that within a few weeks.
>>
If I had to guess, he's probably either pitching a proper comic(or maybe even a show) or he's got a very big project that's private in nature.

I'd not be surprised if it's a Kickstarter.
>>
>just recently get into this series after bingereading it
>last week or so has been delay after delay
>now this

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.
>>
File: 464535346.png (118KB, 271x226px) Image search: [Google]
464535346.png
118KB, 271x226px
Silver sneezing fuckface the fanfiction will be complete by the end of this hiatus, absolutely assured probably definitely
>>
>>77681218
I feel like Poppy opossum has no direction as a comic. it's been 3 fucking years and i still don't know what the purpose of the story is outside of fun world building. which is fine but damn.
>>
>>77682462
Not every comic is gonna have a long range easy to see conclusion or goal. Gotta enjoy the ride sometimes instead of thinking too much about the destination.
>>
>>77682462
It hasn't even been two and a half years yet.
It's building up to Gods and whatever the hell the "Specter of Fate" is, presumably.
>>
>>77682462
You're looking at it from the wrong angle. The major plots of Poppy are instigated by non-focus characters, Chicadino and Poda to be precise.
>>
>>77681958
I feel your pain. I did the same thing just 3 weeks ago.
>>
>>77681443
Seems more personal to me, if he was working on a secret project he would probably at least say it was a work thing, this seems more nebulous like a family problem or a recent break up.
>>
Was is this comic and why should I care? It doesn't even have husbandos.
>>
>>77681443
My guess is starting hormone treatment and joining ISIS.
>>
ava's demon crossover confirmed.
>>
>>77684728
It has possums and magic and professional quality art.
>>
>>77684758
>quality art
Nice bait.
>>
>>77684762
>worship QC, dumbing of age, participate in "oc threads", and faps to mabel and princess bubblegum
>believe his opinion on art quality matters
shit eaters gonna eat shit i guess.
>>
File: Husbando.png (153KB, 525x594px) Image search: [Google]
Husbando.png
153KB, 525x594px
>>77684728
How can one be so wrong.
>>
>>77684914
Maybe if the comic had more transgender lesbians and social justice themes the art quality would improve.
>>
>>77685015
But it all ready has--
oh
>>
>>77684728

Morbi's Hellmouth Paetron isn't making alot... And it's on hold.
>>
>>77684758

>professional quality art

For things less than ten feet away from the reader, sure.
>>
>>77685174
Pretty sure most comics have minimal detail in distance shots, and it's not like the comic resorts to this trick all that often.

Gunnerkrigg court is bad for that though, kind of bugs me.
>>
>>77684914
Nice projection.
>>
PO'P is a bad webcomic.

Morbi is a terrible writer and mediocre artist that doesn't know how to tell a story so he just shits out a bunch of shoddy world building that's made up as he goes along, and crams it full of tranny SJW faggotry and pandering to fans.
>>
>>77685174
are you retarded, kid? Where's your comic? Or the one you read?
>>
File: 1394941571158.png (48KB, 120x190px) Image search: [Google]
1394941571158.png
48KB, 120x190px
>>77685379
your web comic isn't taking off eh?
>>
>>77685379
I bet you hate Tolkien and Lovecraft too? Does the lack of a straightforward narrative frighten you? Would a mcguffin or two help? How about he adds a big bad so your wittle feelings aren't hurt.
>>
>>77685398

>he doesn't read filenames
>>
>>77685427
>comparing Morbi to Tolkien and Lovecraft

Holy lol, Poppy fans are retarded.

Morbi's shitty jumbled writing and inability to tell a story isn't a bug, it's a feature.
>>
>>77685471

You say that as an insult, but as a high concept that could work. Watching a good, or even decent, artist attempt and fail to tell a good story through the medium of comics could be an intentional draw. It could work as a combination of schadenfreude and the encouraging prospect of progress. Hell, it worked for Axe Cop. The issue is, you'd have to be upfront with that sort of thing, or you could look like you don't consider your writing flawed.
>>
>>77685471
You talk a lot for a nobody with no back up and no work on his own.
>>
>>77685639
>Chef shits on a plate and serves it to you
>"YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE MY COOKING IF YOU AREN'T A CHEF YOURSELF"

Poppy fans are retarded.
>>
>>77685427
>comparing Morbi to writers with that level of influence

I love Morbi and all but jesus christ stop brown nosing. He's just a guy who draws a web comic. He probably doesn't even give that much of a fuck about it anymore and that's why he's going on hiatus, I'd be pretty bored too if I only managed 6 chapters in 2 years.
>>
>>77685404
Lackadaisy is way better than the shit comic OP posted.
>>
>>77685671
You can't critique if you just give random scores with nothing to back it up.
The fact you insist everything is bad implies a "compared to" that doesn't come. So either you are simply retarded, or you are dragging it a little to conclude with "compared to MY product" which is likely to happen imo.
>>
>>77685990
>you can't complain about being served a bowl of diarrhea unless you're a chef.

This is what you are saying. Morbi's a shit artist and writer, You don't need to be an artist or writer to see that.
>>
File: Bait 6.png (12KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
Bait 6.png
12KB, 500x294px
>>77685977
>>
>>77686357
It's sad how some people can only communicate using memes.
>>
>>77686357
The writing and art for Lackadaisy is far superior to PO'P. Only a retard would try to deny it.

>>77686397
It's become standard practice to say that anything you disagree with is either bait or edgy when you don't actually have a valid argument.
>>
>>77686312
>This is what you are saying.
as a matter of fact, I didn't. Now stop using meme arrows for a second and provide arguments to your conclusion.
>>
>>77686468
lackadaisy writing is empty of passion and emotion. You can feel the artist is a white middle class person who never lived through anything strong, and she serves the same tepid stories as her own life with the hope some other middle class excuses of people find it thrilling. The art is especially boring to accompany her story. She lacks the warmth of a soul. Shit is literally as muddy as herself.
>>
>>77686543
Not enough pickers of cotton and trannies for you?
>>
>>77685977
You know, I don't think anyone is going to dispute that Lackadaisy, a now 10-year old comic that used to update "when it's done," by an artist with almost two decades of experience in the industry, is of inherently better quality than Poppy, the very first thing from some guy who was fresh out of art school and attempted to update three times a week.
That's like saying "Unsounded and Gunnerkrigg are better comics than Poppy". No shit they are, those are hardly fair comparisons.
>>
>>77686715
Poppy fans are apparently retarded enough to make that comparison. See:>>77686543

>>77686501
>Saying "you can't criticize something unless you're doing the same thing but better" isn't the same thing as saying "you can't criticize something unless you're doing the same thing but better"

Poppyfags sure are dumb.
>>
>>77687226
Man, if you can't tell right away that anon is baiting you with an insane statement like "Lackadaisy's art is boring" then I just don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>77685471
>morbi's shitty jumbled writing and inability to tell a story

And have you ever actually read Tolkien or Lovecraft?
>>
>>77684741

You made me lol you son of a bitch.
>>
>>77687291
Morbi's writing is still shit in the end.
>>
>>77681443
People who take breaks to prepare for some big project or Kickstarter don't make dead-sounding announcements like that, there's always at least some hint of excitement for things to come.
He says it's not a health issue so I'm guessing family or work-related issues. Morbi could just be looking to change jobs and needs the time off to secure his employment.
>>
>>77685427
>Comparing Morbi's writing to Tolkien and Lovecraft
Ha. Ha. Ha.
I like Poppy a lot, it's casual fun and not too serious, but never would I bring it up as an example of extraordinary writing.
>>
>>77687296
So are Tolkien's and Lovecraft's.
>>
>>77684577
>this seems more nebulous like a family problem or a recent break up.
He said it wasn't anything dramatic, so no.
>>
>>77682462
Remember back when Poppy first met Kit, she offered her to be an ambassador for her attempts to get Possums moving in, and she refused because she wanted to live a peaceful life raising Lilly? Well, she now changed her mind and accepted the offer.

This is pretty much the very beginning of the story still. So far:

>Poppy is introduced as a mother trying to get her daughter a future
>While looking for a job and money she meets the queen and ends up unwillingly involved in some power struggle between the mafia and the royalty, alongside some deeper shit.
>She's offered the job of ambassador, but refuses it, wanting to live peacefully instead.
>After some more shit related to the shady stuff above happens, plus finding out Kit is the one that created the drug that has been keeping her alive for the past few years, she changes her mind and accepts the ambassador job
>The plot now advances regarding the mafia, royalty, and the whole Specter thing behind curtains, with Poppy right in the middle of it as Kit's right hand.
>>
File: 1437072510866.png (21KB, 404x331px) Image search: [Google]
1437072510866.png
21KB, 404x331px
>>77681958
>Decided to read it a couple days ago and binged through the whole thing
>"Oh hey, it'll update on Tuesday"
>Find this thread

FUK
>>
>>77688858
>Kit's right hand
That's Friedrich. Poppy's gonna be more like a retard-strength left hand.
>>
>>77688858
So what was the point of the whole Ewe lala arc?

Just Morbi trying to force more of his tranny faggotry into the comic?

Why isn't he writing the story in order?
>>
>>77688207
nah
>>
>>77689055
Either you haven't read them, or you have poor taste.
>>
>>77689064
meh, morbi is a shit, I don't care about how many armies of white knights he can summon.
>>
>>77689054
>So what was the point of the whole Ewe lala arc?
That chapter was purely world building, introducing the concept of tree fruits so different species can have children and such. An intermission, if you will.

And so far, the only chapter that was posted out of order was the mafia one because Morbi fucked up his planning.
He needed to expand on Chicadino beyond the page long cameo during the first chapter in order for his role in the current chapter to be more clear.
>>
Wait, whos baiting who? This thread seems to be a clusterfuck. Why is everyone so upset? Life happens, deal with it. I look forward to when Poppy comes back.
>>
>>77689246
>That chapter was purely world building, introducing the concept of tree fruits so different species can have children and such. An intermission, if you will.

That's some terribly shitty storytelling. World building and should be done naturally with the flow of the plot. Derailing the story for some meaningless exposition that's completely irrelevant is retarded. The magical uterus fruit is also a stupid fucking idea that makes no fucking sense.

>And so far, the only chapter that was posted out of order was the mafia one because Morbi fucked up his planning.
>He needed to expand on Chicadino beyond the page long cameo during the first chapter in order for his role in the current chapter to be more clear.

That's because he has no idea what he's doing or where the story is going. He's writing the story a page at a time with only a vague idea of what will happen later.
>>
I like Poppy but it feels the plot is played too safe.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.