[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about Courage the Cowardly Dog. This kid's cartoon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Titlecard-407-The_Mask.png (195KB, 547x414px) Image search: [Google]
Titlecard-407-The_Mask.png
195KB, 547x414px
Lets talk about Courage the Cowardly Dog. This kid's cartoon, that started airing when I was 4, is more edgy, thoughtful, and memorable than even most adult shows to this day. In The Mask alone, in 20 minutes, it addresses
>domestic abuse
>Poverty
>Gangs
>The dangers of radical feminism
>Racism
>And even bi-sexuality if you think really hard about it.
Not only did they deal with these issues in a way kids can learn from, but in a more though out manner than entire films or shows about one of those topics, in 20 minutes. If shows like these aren't in our culture in 10 years I'll be pissed. Courage especially. The Mask is just the most famous example I can think of. What do you think the deepest cartoon/comic moments are?
>>
LESBIANS XD
>>
>>77681105
>Lesbians
>Bunny dated a guy
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 500x186px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 500x186px
>>77681081
>inb4 this show
>>
>>77681081
Did you fucking take that from a youtube video?
https://youtu.be/ZdTymvjRuoc?t=3m15s
>>
Sad thing is, no show has the testicular fortitude to produce something dealing with those aspects. And don't bring up SU because it deals with lesbians and race mixing; people are into that shit these days so it's not a big deal.
>>
>>77681081
>The dangers of radical feminism
Wait, what?
>>
>>77681281
Kitty beating up courage for being a dog, despite him helping bunny at the end. She also says stuff like "All dogs lie" and "all dogs steal", replace dogs with men that's what a RadFem is, hating innocent men. Her hatred of dogs is justified (as in has a legit cause) but is unfair to dogs like Courage that is just regular and separated from doing cruel stuff. Same could be said about race.
>>
>>77681340

that's the danger of radicalism in general you cunt
>>
>>77681340
Yeah, liberalism is pretty screwed up.
>>
>>77681340
Is hating men because of abuse really feminism?
>>
Every time someone brings up courage its about the fucking furry lesbians and how progressive that was.

How about you go watch some Hey Arnold and come back at me with that shit. I could name you 3 episodes off the top of my head that blow that sjw shit from the water.

The episode where Arnold saves his favorite author from her misery and she writes an entire children's story about him.

The episode where helga is like 5 fucking years old and she is basically raising herself because her mother is too drunk and her father is too stupid.

Jesus christ the christmas special where helga gives away her most expensive christmas present so that this asshole will find Mr. Hyunh's long lost daughter. At the very end Arnold if blown the fuck away and thinks there is an angel making miracles happen. Helga is standing right outside his house alone in the snow.

I don't even need to bring up pigeon man to make a solid point.

Courage was a good show but the episode was not meant to be it's swan song. There are better episodes like take the tower of Dr. Zalost for instance. The fucking music from that episode is incredible when paired with the wave of apathy and despair the miserable doctor brings wherever he goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Tex2AN3rI

Damn son.
>>
>>77681363
Yeah but feminism is the one that makes fun of "Not all men" when men understandably want to distance themselves from being called rapists-in-waiting
>>
>>77681396
Not the guy you're replying to but, are you familiar wish modern feminism?
>>
>>77681452
"modern feminism" as in that shit that shouldn't be called feminism at all?
>>
>>77681482
Yeah

But it's the only label that applies since (possibly the very same) feminists say that misandry (and hence, misandrists) doesn't exist

#Killallmen
>>
>>77681436
I think it's meant to address the more generally troubling mentality. That specific phrase has only recently become a popular thing long after the show was finished. Life imitating art, or whatever.
>>
>>77681426
My cousins wanted to watch CN more than Nick so I didn't watch that much "Hey Arnold". I simply never had any nostalgia for the show and never paid much attention to it. I wish I did, but I shared my house with five other kids growing up so getting what I wanted was almost impossible.
>>
>>77681081
Gonna expand on another great episode from Courage, which addresses
>PTSD
>being orphaned at a young age
>facing your darkest childhood fears to save loved ones
>cruel people getting their just desserts
>living the rest of your life without knowing what happened to your parents
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.