[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: adaptations better than the source material Judas contract

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_m6d35seRS81rn2n7do1_500.jpg (57KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6d35seRS81rn2n7do1_500.jpg
57KB, 500x400px
ITT: adaptations better than the source material

Judas contract is a great premise, but it's definitely dates
>>
>>77673901
*dated
>>
>>77673901
those episodes legit scared me as a kid, Slade was a freaky fucking villain, so much better than regular mercenary Deathstroke.
>>
>>77673901
That cartoon in general is better than New Teen Titans and everything after it.
>>
>>77674650
He never scared me, I was fucking fascinated by the guy, wanted to see why he wanted Robin and Tara so bad, was thrilled when he escaped out of hell like a...bat out of hell.

He was so iconinc that the new Spider-man cartoon essentially made Taskmaster into Slade.0 but he's not as good because the tone still ain't set right.
>>
I honestly liked the "Kingsman"-movie more than the horrible horrible unreadable comic.
>>
>>77674754
Slade was the best
I was convinced that it was Bruce back when I was little. I had all my friends convinced that he was punishing Robin for leaving him.
>>
The Teen Titans cartoon in general is better than anything that shitshow fetishfest comic ever shit out. Even in it's prime Teen Titans was just a poor man's New Mutants.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (32KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32KB, 1280x720px
>>77675408
>dat episode where he's finally unmasked and turns out he was a skeleton all along.
If I had half a brain as I kid I'd have known "Slade" was his secret identity.
>>
>>77674754
>>77675408
yea his identity was such a cool thing, I wasn't into comics then so I was always like who the fuck could he be? why does he know so much about robin and shit, if Deathstroke was like Slade he would have been a way better character than he is today.
>>
File: 1447917293414.jpg (52KB, 900x1804px) Image search: [Google]
1447917293414.jpg
52KB, 900x1804px
>>77675479
My Nigga
they should just base the teen titans comics on the show tbqh family
have some monstergirl
>>
>>77675729
They did for a while, and they didn't sell well.
Not to say that they shouldn't try again/better.
>>
>>77675656
>he was a skeleton all alone
Anon, I...
>>
>>77675656
You're a dummy.

He's a skelly because Trigon raised him from the dead. Why do you think he went to go fight the giant BDSM guy?
>>
It's easy to be better than something that wasn't good in the first place.
>>
>>77675886
was it at least good?
>>
>>77675479
I 100% agree with this and I don't even like the Teen Titans cartoon that much
>>
>>77674750
I kinda hate that I'll never know if I'm being unfair in judging the New Teen Titans, because I saw the cartoon first and had very distinctly different versions of these characters in my mind. But holy shit, all that dialogue...
>>
>>77674750
>>77675479
>this is what cartoonfags actually believe
You know at least the comic had actually characters and not two dimensional cardboard cutouts.
>>
>>77676144
I'd take fun 2 dimensional cutouts than shit ass characters that are insufferable as all fuck
>>
>>77676144
They weren't 2-d unless you're talking about the animation. Each had positive and negative traits, as well as small character arcs and episodes dealing with thier flaws.

What's your criteria for 2-d characters anyway?
>>
>>77676211
>thinking those flat cliches are fun
You know what's actually fun? Characters who can react to situations outside a set parameter.
>>
>>77676079
I read the comic in the Brooklyn Public Library a few weeks before the cartoon aired.It was weird watching the cartoon but I felt it handled Raven and Terra better than the comic.
>>
>>77676366
They never really evolved. They were the same in the beginning as they were in the end.
>>
>>77676211
>I'll take bland and safe over intriguing and exciting.
>>
>>77673901
>Terra was just a sad girl manipulated by mean ol' Slade
It's shit and completely changes the entire meaning of the story which was to unnerve you at how a cute "Kitty Pryde" type could be such a twisted, unrepetent sociopath.
>>
>>77676144
Ahahaha what? You think 80's capeshit garbage was more 3 dimensional than the cartoon? Wasn't comics Terra literally just a mindless sociopath? Yeah, real deep there.
>>
File: 58775.jpg (44KB, 620x200px) Image search: [Google]
58775.jpg
44KB, 620x200px
I can't stomach a lot of DC comics, but their cartoon adaptations tend to bring out the best they have to offer.
>>
>>77674914
It's the magic of Matthew Vaughn. He did the same for Kick-Ass (only the first one though), and helped salvage X-Men First Class.
>>
>>77676479
That's a legitimate argument.

On the other hand, it's an objective fact that Toon Terra was more complex and three dimensional than Cape Terra. So people going "muh comics were so deep" are just being retarded. The original plot was just a cheap twist for shock value, the cartoon turned it into a an actual character arc.
>>
>>77676419
I wanna say Raven changed, Robin kinda changed, Starfire did, but her thing was that she was always cheery even if she felt like shit so you couldn't tell anything had shifted. I don't rememerb Beastboy changing much, and I think Cyborg got over his anger problems.

Tara transitioned from alive to dead, to schoolgirl, and Slade transitioned into a skeleton, so there's that.
>>
>>77676419
The only one who stayed the same was Starfire and maybe Cyborg(he was more mature than the others to start the series).Robin and Raven learned to trust their teammates and Beast Boy became less of a clown and came to accept loss.
>>
>>77676489
Terra was flat because she was nothing but a tool for the plot. The main chlast was fully developed.
>>
>>77676673
>Beast Boy became less of a clown and came to accept loss.
This. The whole point of Things Change was that even if BB got what he really wanted, things can never be the same because things were never what he thought they were.
>>
>>77676854
That's shit. That's shit writing. And most of the other Titans were "developed" into assholes - like, holy SHIT Wally West is a little shit pre-Mark Waid.
>>
>>77676557
>Legion of Superheroes

THAT COULD HAVE BEEN SO GREAT.
>>
>>77676915
I liked most of the cast in the 80s comic except Wally,Jericho and Raven.
>>
>>77673901
terra smoking and banging daethstroke >>>>>than anything in these faggotty new cartoons
>>
>>77676922
I loved it, but I got to it before I got the actual comics, and the comics couldn't grab me. The series finale with Fero Lad was pretty awesome, for those that actually read the comics, was the impact similar?
>>
>>77676479
Terra was never a cute kitty pryde type character. She was a huge bitch from like day one and that was what made her interesting and that's why it was dumb to kill her off.
>>
>>77676915
That was just wally's personality at the time you filthy casual.
>>
>>77676452
More like short and sweet over boring and drawn out
>>
>>77677091
Wolfman made Terra as a parody of Kitty Pryde.
>>
>>77676854
>>77676915
Tarra had character, her character was that she was as flawed and angsty as the titans were, when they tried to help her she pushed them away. Her character is that she refused to change, and that she was to show what happens when you give into Slade and you darker impulses. When she finally accepted help it was too late, so she resorted to the pillars of sampson.
>>
>>77676673
Cyborg was mature, but he had to learn to loosen up, he also had to learn not to make excuses for himself and push those limits. He also worked through inferiority issues Robin put him down a lot, and he put himself down more.

Atlas, the car episode, the robin spat in I've got the sonic if you've got the boom, the whole arc where he went to the riv al school because he was the golden boy there and not living in robin's shadow.

He had a lot of growth, also a hot ass girlfriend that kid flash stole because fuck that guy.
>>
>>77676565
I find Matthew Vaughn's work to be poorly-paced and not very engaging past initial viewing. And sometimes not all that engaging upon initial viewing. He took garbage and turned it into a different sort of garbage with its own issues. Even if Ep VII turns out to be a trash heap I'll still be happy knowing he got shut out of a mainline Star Wars gig.
>>
>>77676557
that robot was really gay for supes
>>
>>77674754
>wanted to see why he wanted Robin and Tara so bad
and nothing came of it, at all, not one answer

shit tier show
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.