[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.kickstarter.com/project s/donbluth/dragons-lair-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (120KB, 454x662px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 454x662px
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/donbluth/dragons-lair-the-movie
>$231,631 pledged of $550,000
>53 hours left

Why do you hate Don Bluth, /co/?
>>
This is the first time I've ever even heard about it.
>>
who?
>>
>>77671827
Cause his later stuff wasn't as good.
>>
I ain't giving him a penny until I know he isn't writing.
>>
>>77671827

>video game adaptations
>ever being good

Bluth should make an original movie, or a "real" sequel to Secret of NIMH/An American Tail/Land Before Time
>>
Why doesn't Bluth just go into CG?
>>
>>77672123
He made Dragon's Lair though, and it's basically a short film.
>>
>>77672123
A sequel to Nimh? Fucking why.
>>
>>77672123
Secret of nimh does has a sequel.... An awful musical one.
>>
>>77671827
More like "why didn't they advertise before starting?" They will learn their lesson, and try better next time.

OR miraculously make the goal in 2 days.
>>
File: EOTSWOTM concept art.jpg (80KB, 699x565px) Image search: [Google]
EOTSWOTM concept art.jpg
80KB, 699x565px
>>77672123
He said if this movie gets made, the next project will be East of the Sun West of the Moon, which is an old norwegian tale. Let the concept art speak for itself.
>>
>>77672760
As sad as I am to say it, hopefully the Nostalgia Critic thing tomorrow will help...
>>
File: EOTSWOTM concept art 4.jpg (68KB, 678x462px) Image search: [Google]
EOTSWOTM concept art 4.jpg
68KB, 678x462px
>>77672838
I don't think so, but hope I'm wrong. Doug is a NIMH superfan, and will do anything for its director.
>>
>>77672244
Because learning CGI is hard to do, despite what everybody thinks.
>>
>>77672838
>>77672905
Why the fuck did he wait until the LAST WEEK of the fucking kickstarter to do that? Hell he didn't even mention it other than a quick look during one part.

It could have saved this...about two weeks ago.
>>
File: Sonic Doom.jpg (45KB, 398x535px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Doom.jpg
45KB, 398x535px
Its because its about rescuing a princess and we can't have that in this PC world, which sucks because holy shit, I miss traditional animation
>>
File: more EOTSWOTM concept art.jpg (94KB, 708x550px) Image search: [Google]
more EOTSWOTM concept art.jpg
94KB, 708x550px
>>77672970
Because videos, even silly Internet videos, take time to edit.
>>
File: EOTSWOTM concept art 3.jpg (97KB, 699x567px) Image search: [Google]
EOTSWOTM concept art 3.jpg
97KB, 699x567px
>>77673029
Daphne is getting a character lift in the eventual script.

And 2D is coming out of NONamerica world places. And do not forgot independent shorts. So many of them are 2D, high quality too.
>>
Because the Kickstarter isn't even for a movie. It's for a pitch to present to producers to see if they want to fund a Dragon's Lair movie.

The Goon Kickstarter barely got by with $450,000, and that funded a feature length story reel.
>>
Did Don Bluth take part in animating The Black Cauldron?

Gonna miss his art style when he passes away and Western 2D animation loses all hope.
>>
>>77673950
No. When he left Disney in the late 70s, he never came back.
>>
So, what do you think NC will review?
Thumbelina?
Bartok the Magnificent?
Titan A.D.?
One of the good ones?
>>
>>77674197
He stated the he will not review good movies as Nostalgia Critic. As himself maybe, but other wise no good movies. Movies you think are good but he thinks are bad are the obvious exception.
>>
>>77672760
They really probably should have done more to advertise, it's really what makes or breaks these crowdsourced things.

Really if they somehow get enough press within the next day their funding goal is far from impossible, they need to find a way to build a lot of hype in only a day though.
>>
I just never cared for Dragon's Lair
>>
>>77674672
At this point its what everyone is saying. lost cause that needs to be put on hold.

For me its not just the advertising but.....if this is for a pitch, I'd like to see something anything that isn't a video of his old stuff.

Sketches, scripts, videos of what he plans.
This is for a chance to impress or wo someone in a pitch. Showing a video o your old stuff is nice but...its not very good to invest in if thats all it is.

I'm sure there is an actual plan but its not very reassuring that we have no idea what it will be.
>>
>>77674197
>Titan A.D.
Fuck you, that movie's severely underrated.
>>
>>77675172
Swatcats managed to squeak by with just a few redesigns, so I am inclined to agree with you that any kind of new content would be helpful
>>
He should've gone to the Nostalgia Critic sooner.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.