[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Almost 10 years after release, little kids still love Cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Cars_Characters_01_Lightning[1].jpg (111KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cars_Characters_01_Lightning[1].jpg
111KB, 1024x768px
>Almost 10 years after release, little kids still love Cars
>Toy stores are still filled with Cars merchandise
>still see little kids who never even seen the movie walk around in cars stuff
>Cars outlasted every other Pixar movie in marketability
>Its so popular it spawned a sequel, tv shorts, a spinoff with confirmed sequel and countless videogames
>Cars will even outlive you
am i missing something? how the hell is this shit still popular?
>>
>>77670292
Autism, same as Sonic and Thomas the Tank Engine.
>>
>>77670292
It is? I thought everyone moved onto Minionshit
>>
File: eggcellent.jpg (14KB, 236x234px) Image search: [Google]
eggcellent.jpg
14KB, 236x234px
>>77670292
>10 years
>>
>>77670659
10 years jfc. I feel fucking ancient now.
>>
>>77670292
The movies might be shit but the idea is pretty cool tb
>>
You said it yourself, little kids love cars.

The first movie wasn't bad at all tbehch fahm imoo, but I'm not about to defend Cars 2.
>>
Autism.
Have you ever read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime? The bit where autismo finds it hard to understand other peoples emotions so his helper draws him faces commonly associated with different emotions.

Well much like Tom the Tank, Cars consists of inanimate objects with crude faces on them which have massive shit eating grins on them when they are happy.
>>
I still have a soft spot for the first Cars movie. It's not Pixar at their finest but it's still a fun ride
>>
Little kids love racecars, trucks and dinosaurs. Anything featuring those, or any combination of those will be beloved by children for decades to come, regardless of artistic quality.
>>
>>77670292
I dont know how they did it. It's probably how toyetic they are, my nephew saw the movie and got hooked until he was 5, he still likes it now but there are more topical franchises like Star Wars and TMNT coming back.
>>
TALKING
FUCKING
CARS
>>
Kids love cats
>>
>>77671088
I agree, the first movie was nothing especial but it was watchable anyway.
>>
>>77670292
Because it's Cars? Boys love Cars, that's pretty much it. Personally I don't see it as as very confusing at all. Toy cars are a common Kids toy, and Disney basically made a franchise out of it
>>
Cars and it's sequel is honestly quite good. Just far, far below the standards of Pixar. Still serviceable but not the best.
>>
>>77670356
Kids have enough of an attention span to love multiple franchises, despite how it seems after being around a kid for an hour.

A big part of it is that its like, literally just Cars. They didn't dress up the concept much more than that. Little kids already love cars, so loving Cars isn't even really making a new market, its just taking over an old one.

>>77671088
Its like some sort of Perfectly Generic Movie. It isn't really all that special but there isn't really anything wrong with it. The characters are reasonably developed and it has some emotional parts and some funny parts and some action sequences. Its like what would happen if you fucking took a checklist about what makes a movie good and then made that checklist into a movie, but instead of being made by horrible corporate shit drones who don't actually know what makes a movie good it just happened to be made by some people who do know how to make a movie, they just didn't really care that much or something.
>>
The first cars was ok. The rest is kind of unneeded. How it survived is kind of like how transformers survived. Boys fucking love vehicles
>>
SmH TbH FaM
>>
File: qjcsmE.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
qjcsmE.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>77670292
>Cars is almost 10 years old now
God damn im old
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.