[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else get MASSIVE blue balls on Patsy's development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

File: jessica-jones-5-netflix[1].jpg (380KB, 900x621px) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones-5-netflix[1].jpg
380KB, 900x621px
Anyone else get MASSIVE blue balls on Patsy's development in JJ? I was super hyped up when it was revealed that she was training and was a secret bad ass but then in her first fight she gets fuckin' REKT by some random chump cop. Then, she proceeds to job and do fuck all for the rest of the series.

In retrospect it makes sense that she got wrecked because that random chump cop was Off Duty Nuke AKA Best Boy but the disappointment still stands.
>>
Amazing how ugly Ritter is.
>>
She's not like Matt, who's been training since he was a kid, or Jessica, who has powers, she's a regular person who just started training a few months ago. By the time Defenders rolls around, we can suspend disbelief enough to imagine that she's competent enough to be Hellcat.
>>
>>77659364
She's making some kind of weird face. Every other pic of her, I find attractive, but not this one.
>>
>>77659333
I am absolutely glad they didn't put that in there. It would've been too much going on. They already mashed all that other stuff in as well. Though in the end it did all come together nicely, I can't imagine this being the case if they added ANOTHER super hero.
>>
>>77659391
Strange thing is I find this attractive. Not the picture. This post.
>>
They didn't even give her a moment to use her gun disarming technique at least once. Especially since they made a big deal about her wanting to get it right and then when a guy with a gun attacks her he uses a completely different tactic. She was basically like Karen in Daredevil with Foggy's position
>>
>>77659408
>She was basically like Karen in Daredevil

Whoa, slow down, man. Trish was a million times smarter and more useful than Karen.
>>
>>77659408
>She was basically like Karen in Daredevil
YOU TAKE THAT BACK! She wasn't that god-awful.
>>
>>77659415
She also didn't lure an old Black man into certain doom.
>>
>>77659415
>>77659427

What the fuck was wrong with Karen?
>>
>>77659442
She killed Ben Urich and was an insufferable whiny toad.
>>
>>77659442
She got Ben killed because she couldn't let shit go. Also she was on of those kinda characters who just annoys the fuck outta you when ever she comes up on screen.
>>
>>77659451

>she killed

Kingpin killed Ben Urich.

>insufferable whiny toad

Like 85% of the time she stayed out of everyone's way, the only times she asserted herself was when she was investigating with Urich.
>>
>>77659333
/pol/shit aside, did anybody besides me just not like the show? I didn't really find anyone particularly likable except for maybe Luke (who's getting his own show anyway).

It just seemed to work on being as edgy as humanly possible for no other reason than to be the edgiest MCU show.
>>
>>77659474
And adding on to that basically fucked over Ben's wife too.

Karen was the true villain of DD.
>>
>>77659501
I thought Jessica and Trish were pretty likable, especially together.

If the show was trying to be as edgy as possible, it would have showed Kilgrave raping Jessica and Hope. I don't think it was edgy in the try-hard way that most people think of when they use it as a pejorative. JMO, tho.
>>
>>77659580
>gets Ben killed
>kills Wesley

Cool side characters should say the fuck away from Karen Page.
>>
>>77659501
Oh yea there was some gruesome shit. I didn't want that lesbian's wife to die though. She wasn't even a bad person.

I honestly thought Kill Grave would make her sign the papers and the other bitch would destroy it and have a moment of humility making the other women not take all the shit she was taking.
>>
>>77659438
No Jessica did when she brought Clemons to the safe house. Trish just kept him there by pointing a gun at him.
>>
>ITT everything was Simpson's/Nuke's fault
>>
>>77659333
>random chump cop
>Special Forces super-soldier
>>
>>77661055
Man, Kilgrave hit it out of the park when he randomly picked him.
>>
>>77659333

Not really, because it was pretty clear she wasn't going to become Hellcat or anything. I kinda doubt they even want her to become a cape character.

>>77659475
>Like 85% of the time she stayed out of everyone's way,

Her screen time still largely became about whining about Fisk, even when it was made clear they had nothing to go on she kept going on and on about how they needed to take Fisk down. And then Urich got fridged entirely for her to get character development. Complete waste of Urich and it only made her even more insufferable.
>>
>>77659333
Is it just me or is every female character on the show except trish an insufferable cunt.

I mean Jessica does shit like lying to luke but lets just ignore that for a second because she supposed to be a reasonably complex and flawed character and honestly it works. I mean she's likeable in the end.

but everyone else;
incest sister was the absolute fucking worst, honestly.

every member of the lesbian love triangle were just awful. except maybe secretary girl, and even then she started an affair with a married woman.

and then there is luke cages side chick. she was a bitch

at least kill graves mother was redeemed.
and hopes bad attitude followed by her martyr thing was appropriate after everything she went through.

I don't know its just weird because so many of the guys are portayed as semi-flawless bar killgrave, and even then he's likable.

luke cage is just the nicest person on the planet, the closest thing to a sin he does is go seeking revenge and he gets talked out of it pretty quickly.

Malcom gets totally redeemed and he also gets the pass of "kill grave made me do it"/ substance abuse to retroactively absolve him of his sins.

heck even nuke is absolved through mind altering drugs.

just kinda weird.
>>
File: 1415844540344.png (372KB, 556x873px) Image search: [Google]
1415844540344.png
372KB, 556x873px
>>77659593
>Kill Grave
>>
File: 47694679.gif (520KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
47694679.gif
520KB, 600x338px
>No real character growth for any major character
>Wasted tons of time on pointless side shit like twincest and the lawyers failing marriage
>Fight scenes were garbage
>No inventive thought put into how Jessica uses her powers
>Million scenes of her breaking padlocks
>Her strength fluxes like crazy. At one point she is able to stand toe to toe with Luke, another she is having trouble getting free of a cop two years from retirement
Compared to Daredevil, it was just so bad. Feels like they could have got this shit done in 3 episodes, not 13.

>I'm going to get you Jessica
>Muh RAPE
>Oh no I didn't catch him
>Now I did
>What an amazingly deep and interesting story.
>>
>>77661101
>Is it just me
No its you and every other fedora tipping manchild.
>>
This show is much worse than the ratings claim.
>>
>>77659333
Even with a normal cop, it kinda make sense. Cops are usually trained and it was Trish's first real fight.

All in all, she managed quite good, but the turn out was rather normal.
>>
>>77661246
Well, it was rape.
>>
>>77661546
Fuck off tumblr.
>>
>>77659501
I ended up skipping big chunks to get to where Kilgrave was, none of the other characters were entertaining enough to keep me interested.
>>
>>77661101

It's just you.
>>
>>77661659

There isn't even any room for interpretation. Jessica slept with Kilgrave because he compelled her to do it with mind control, against her own will. So yes, rape.
>>
>>77661733
Am I getting baited? Did you even watch the show? Kilgrave literally says it wasn't rape, he gave her everything she wanted.
>>
>>77661743

No, it's me who was getting baited all along. You basically raped me.
>>
>>77661803
I'm not baiting, but your hating.
>>
>>77661246
Don't forget, she also cut her finger on a glass piece. I actually thought that was going to lead somewhere but nope.
>>
>>77659333
That random chump cop is a former military spec ops operator. It's an uphill battle.
>>
>>77659364
It's distracting in every scene of her with Luke, just how much more attractive he is compared to her. No homo,
>>
>>77661743
This is the dumbest fucking bait I have ever seen I swear to god.
>>
File: 459.png (214KB, 680x522px) Image search: [Google]
459.png
214KB, 680x522px
>>
Has Bendis commented on this show? I'm kinda curious what he thinks
>>
File: 1447969545272.png (244KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1447969545272.png
244KB, 500x499px
>>77659333
>some random chump cop

/co/ doesn't read comic books. I fucking HATE you guys

fucking /tv/ casuals READ you shitty little fuckers! It won't kill you! Just DO IT
>>
>>77665357

Spicy Colombus Day
>>
File: 1408717450515.gif (360KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
1408717450515.gif
360KB, 301x301px
>>77665357
>Barebacking Activities?
I'ma need to see ummm some pictures for research reasons.
>>
>>77661101
>Is it just me or is every female character on the show except trish an insufferable cunt.

It's you.
>>
I got blue balls when they were hyping that Daredevil was gonna be in the show. Here I was waiting for the last episode for him to show up only for Jessica to be like nope, I don't need that faggots help. Talk about cock teasing.
>>
>>77665357
Sour Hanukkah
>>
>>77665357
Bitter Kwanzaa
>>
>>77665579

saving it for defenders. god i want all the netflix show NOW.
>>
>All that hype talk about Nuke fight
>Get excited as the episode closes in
>It ends up being only a semi-decent fight scene, and only because people fly through a wall for once instead of just bouncing against walls

Jesus you people are easy to please. Even with the two minutes he's going full nuclear Simpson ended up being a complete bitch.
>>
>>77665519
You should have read the spoiler.
>>
isn't luke cage way overpowered for this street-level corner of the mcu? i mean i haven't read his comics or anything, but apparently he's invulnerable and uber-strong. not exactly someone to be challenged by gangsters like matt
>>
>>77665778
>GIVE ME A RED
>>
>>77666068
that's why he is just as nerfed as Matt and Jessica in the Netflix show. Meanwhile Hawkeye and Black Widow are like Cap tier superhumans in their competence and ability to take people down.
>>
>>77666068
It's not like he's going all out in the series. He whoops Jessica's ass when they fight, but other than that he's mostly just finding ways to fight off 7 guys at once without splattering their brains on the floor, like throwing tables at them and snaking them with a wooden pallet with one hand.
Jessica fights in a similar way but she has to focus on not taking hits.
>>
I found her whole character pathetic when she tried to sound all badass because of her krav maga lessons

in reality krav=this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJl3ZAg6mj0
>>
>>77661151
Well, his name was originally spelled with two L's.
>>
>>77665778
>set it up as the Nobu fight (unexpectedly meeting someone with similar move set)
>it's terrible
I was all kinds of disappointed
>>
>>77665357
Succulent Obon!
>>
>>77666068
I don't think they spent any time making considerations for power scale. Even across the season power levels were fluctuating. like he said 8 men were able to subdue him, but he could overpower jessica with one arm, jessica who can rip a car door right off like its made of paper.
he could no doubt lift a car over his head since jessica was able to pretty casually lift one off the ground, but during the fight with all the weed around he was getting held back by a regular guy
>>
>>77665357
Make one for "Do what you gotta do" instead.
>>
>>77661246
Honestly one of JJ biggest issues was Kilgrave.
Yes Tennant was great and easily the best part of the season, but Kilgrave just isnt a villain who can carry an entire season and make it not feel stretched out.
You are either completely susceptible to his powers or completely immune to them(making him a non-threat). Theres really not a lot you can do with that.
Kilgrave can only send so many mind controlled lackeys at you before you eventually get to him and bring him down(which might I add happens 4 fucking times).

DD had multiple layers of the mob to deal with before eventually getting to Fisk so it didn't feel odd and stretched out like he was getting on an elevator and fisk was getting off the one next to him after the doors close.
>>
>>77659333

If it makes you feel any better, Trish is at the top of Melissa Rosenberg's list of things she wants to do more with when/if (I'm leaning towards when) the show is renewed.
>>
File: loan shark lone shark.png (827KB, 980x461px) Image search: [Google]
loan shark lone shark.png
827KB, 980x461px
Who cares about Hellcat, when is this guy getting his powers?
>>
>>77667541
if they were smart enough they could have done some death note tier fuckery, the writing staff just wasn't creative enough to fully use mind control past "haha you thought this person was free but actually wasn't!" which they did more than once so it wasn't even impactful after the first time
>>
>>77667839
I want this
>>
>>77659501
>I didn't really find anyone particularly likable
Luke cages behavior was jarring. Like it's obvious he's getting his own show because he's so likeable, but you could tone it down a bit
I liked lesbian secretary. On top of that one scene and her general hotness, she's very truthful and earnest in what she wants without really succumbing to degeneracy like Hogarth.
Malcontent got much better.
Trish is great
Kilograms is the character I love to hate

But invest twins were the worst

I also think this show is tastefully edgy, but because the violence want really the spectacle like it was in daredevil, I truly felt this show used the violence as part of the narrative

All in all I'm very interested in reading the book now
>>
Am I the only one that thinks Jessica is like straight autistic for most of the show? She makes the worst decisions and fucks up so much shit
>>
Men are stronger than women you fucking retard
>>
>>77667839
Never, they are too embarrassed of even the title character's costume.
>>
>>77669843
>autistic
PTSD
>>
>>77669843
I know "autism" is pretty much just a meaningless buzzword at this point, but anon please. That's not what autism means.
>>
>>77671872
>PTSD from being given nice dinners and fun vacations
>women
>>
>>77672273
Now that's autism.
>>
>>77659475
Yes, but she put Ben in that situation. If Kingpin is a bus, she pushed Ben into his lane
>>
>>77661101
I've got some bad news for you....
>>
>>77661246
The story overall was good, I did feel the tension. But somewhere in the middle, it felt really slow, and I found myself skipping ahead.

I think the strength thing got restricted by budget a lot, but it was still weird
>>
>>77659333
I'd rather they not try to cram as much fan wank as they can, like they do in the X-Men.
>>
File: Krav Maga.gif (368KB, 475x360px) Image search: [Google]
Krav Maga.gif
368KB, 475x360px
>>77659333
>Shows Patsy doing shitty disarm drills
>"I'm training in Krav Maga"
>"I'm like a ninja, but deadlier"
>Get's a lucky disarm by hitting the dudes gun hand with a stick
>Wrestles poorly with a cop
>Pathetic ball punch
>He breaks out of a sloppy as fuck triangle choke hold
>Chokes her out with a very basic and easily escapable choke
>She doesn't even try to escape, she just gives up
This is the most accurate depiction of martial art I've ever seen on TV or film. Laughed my ass off. Krav Maga is straight up bullshit. Maybe Iron Fist or Daredevil will point her in the right direction of a real MA instructor.
>>
>>77666753
Only autists care about power levels.
>>
Haters gonna hate.
I liked it a lot.
>>
>>77672273

Jess was a traumatized mess even before Kilgrave got into her head, because of what happened to her family, and because of Trish's mother and associated struggles. But just because Kilgrave wasn't violently abusive doesn't mean it wasn't traumatic - she was fully aware he was dictating her every move for months, and only a freak chance of her enhanced biology allowed her to escape. That leaves a mark on a person's psyche.
>>
>>77676615
Pretty sure that was bait.
>>
>>77665357
>"I won't break"
>"You will"
What did he meant by this?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.