[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jessica Jones Live talkback thread #8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 36

Simpson Edition

Link to the last thread

>>77640584
>>
File: ergergerg.jpg (41KB, 640x741px) Image search: [Google]
ergergerg.jpg
41KB, 640x741px
>>77653926
They really went out of their way to make him look like Cap, didn't they?
>>
>>77653926
Anyone have mega links yet?
>>
Reminder that Jessica is a fucking hypocrite.
>Yell at the lesbian that his powers are always wrong and durr hurr

>later makes him control police officers and a family to save people
>"b-b-b-but it's always wrong!"
>>
>>77653963

No dummy, that's just your fan googles working overtime.
>>
>>77653988
It's almost like real, flawed people have inconsistencies and contradict themselves or something.
>>
Killgrave reformed would have been bad anyways.

Let's say he was. What if his powers work on Thanos? You don't think he would turn at that moment? Or anyone else that's equally powerful.

He's far too fucked up for redemption. He simply no longer has that morality and not something that can be easily returned.

As much as I'd love to see Tennant as a hero.Especially this character.
>>
How would Cage even want to fuck Jessica again after the shit she pulled. Cage marrying Jessica would be so unrealistic
>>
File: oh snap.gif (875KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
oh snap.gif
875KB, 500x318px
Post yfw Simpson takes a red pill.
>>
File: this.jpg (265KB, 1823x629px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
265KB, 1823x629px
>>77654040
>>
I don't understand
Does Nuke actually like Trish or something?
Why's he so obsessed with not listening
>>
>>77654024
Nah, she's a hypothalamus.
>>
>>77654060
White pussy is master race bro, and a white bitch who will give up her black cherry? How are you even asking this question?
>>
>>77654024
Wow, you've single-handedly destroyed hypocrisy as a concept. Real people contradict themselves all the time!
>>
>>77654156
It's true though.
>>
>>77654102
Because he's a meathead high on combat pills
>>
>>77654134
>Ritter
>White
Lel
>>
>>77654201
Jones is white though, I don't care if her actress is an albino mexican, the character is a white woman.
>>
So everyone agrees that the worst sequence is when Malcolm admitted, to a bar full of people, that he dumped a guy's body, causing an angry mob to form and blame Jones for no reason, right?
>>
>>77654201
She's not?
>>
>>77654245
Yep
>>
>>77654245
It was convenient as hell, but no character acted against anything previously established. Robyn was against Jessica from the get go, and just followed Malcolm around. They could've talked less loud.
>>
>>77654245
Yeah, the "Oh no, incest twin was behind me and overheard everything!" thing was fucking terrible.
>>
>>77654245
Incest girl was one of the worst characters I have seen in a long time.
>>
>>77654366
It's because she was straight and white.
>>
>>77654258
Going out on a limb here and saying you've never been to /int/.
>>
Anyone else feel that Kilgrave was wasted by the end of the series?

Like, they kept suggesting interesting angles to analyze him by and then abandoning them for the standard "he's just a psycho freak asshole" route. At one point it was suggested that he was bad simply because no one ever taught him to be good. I think it would have been interesting to track him from the analysis of what happens to a child during his formative years when he discovers that there's really no conflict in his life, no social norms to adjust to and nothing to struggle and grow from because he can make anyone do anything he wants. Is the desire to do good regarding others based on the hope that others will do good for you in return? And when you can make others do whatever you want, does that leave you no choice but to be a villain sooner or later?
>>
>>77654258
She's Jewish
>>
How come Jessica doesn't smoke in the show? She does in the comics, and its one of the vital ingredients of being the hard boiled, hard drinking PI that she otherwise embodies.
>>
>>77654570
Quesada.
>>
>>77654570
Quesada banned smoking at Marvel and Disney recently banned smoking in all their properties which I think is bullshit
>>
>>77654570
She does, she smokes big black cigar looking cock
>>
>>77653926
WHERE ARE THE LINKS WHERRR ARE THEY?!
>>
>>77654626
Get Netflix you cheap fuck
>>
>>77654626
Netflix.com
>>
pretty funny how people can be retarded enough to believe that smoking cigarettes is in any way worse than drinking an entire bottle of whisky every day
>>
>>77654508
He literally was unable to recognize humanity in others
>>
>>77654664
>>77654667
>4chan advocating paying for media

What the fuck happened.
>>
>>77654872
because he was abandoned as a child. empathy is a learned behavior we need to pick up to fit in with the society around us.
left to our own devices humans couldn't give an ass about other humans. Animals don't care about the well being of other animals that do nothing for them. Altruism is an entirely human phenomenon

in a way he is more human than any of us because he is what a true human alpha would be like back in the stone age
>>
Am I the only one who laughed really hard at "Mr. Kilgrave wanted me to give you this"
>>
>>77654934
Us old fags grew up and got jobs is what happened.
>>
I was honestly pretty triggered by the fact that Kilgrave is just Kevin Thompson's edgelord pseudonym.
>>
>>77654001
He has the same haircut as Cap and is a blonde supersoldier. There's an obvious resemblance in play.
>>
>>77655013
>Altruism is an entirely human phenomenon
that's the stupidest thing I've heard today
>>
>>77654934
>being this poor in your mother's basement that she won't give you the password
>>
>>77655093
I'm surprised more people aren't pissed that his name is Kevin Thompson and not Zebediah Kilgrave. Kevin Thompson is like the most ordinary-sounding name ever.
>>
File: 1442891670072.png (192KB, 540x394px) Image search: [Google]
1442891670072.png
192KB, 540x394px
>post yfw
>Season two of daredevil
>Thor Cameo
>Cap Cameo
>Iron Man double
>Nuke
>You know what panels reenacted
>>
>>77655128

it's kinda depressing how many people on /co/ seem not to get that
>>
>>77655153
>>77655093
Well, Kevins are the worst. Zebediah's are tryhards.
>>
>>77655168
Well, they didn't have a character outright say it line in the ABC/CW shows.
>>
>>77654102
He was also dealing with trauma of being used by Kilgrave. Instead of focusing it on saving hope, he wanted to protect and fug Trish.
>>
File: 31762.jpg (81KB, 450x635px) Image search: [Google]
31762.jpg
81KB, 450x635px
>>77655153
Don't underestimate Kevins
>>
>>77654508
Dude could never into empathy.
>>
i legitimately though jeryn was played by robin wright the whole time until i looked it up
anyone else have that happen?
>>
>>77655237
What is that movie? Is that the Flash starring with Swinton?
>>
>>77654934
We stopped being poor NEETs and became glorious normies.
>>
Could Kilgrave tell himself what to do?
>>
>>77655265
It's a movie about a mom struggling with the aftermath of her sociopath son going on a Columbine-style killing spree at his high school.

And yeah, that's the Flash.
>>
>>77655129
it is
I would actually argue altruism doesn't exist because everything you do is done to a selfish end. You gave money to a homeless person, because it made you feel good to do that, it was a trade off that seemed like charity but in reality you feeling good in that moment was worth more to you than the money you gave.
but that is for a different discussion

animals don't care about other members of their own species unless they are a useful member of the family unit somehow. Mammals especially will cull unproductive members of their own family before carrying the extra weight, and even more so if you are a member of my species but not part of my group you are a rival and need to be run out of my territory or eliminated.
our social conventions are artificial and learned behaviors. Give a 2 year old a puppy and the first thing they do is smack it over the head, because being nice and petting it is learned, their instinct is to eliminate the other mammal.
>>
>>77655237
>the ancient one and her shitty son the flash.
>>
>>77655168
>>77655128
>>77653963
>>77653926
Of course they made him look like Evans. They kept calling him Sarge/Sergeant, mirroring Cap.
>>
>>77655273
No. Presumably he is immune to his own virus.
>>
>>77655290
Shut the fuck up Ayn Rand.
>>
>>77655264
Nah, I instantly recognized my Matrix-fu.
>>
>>77655153
Eh. As soon as they threw out Purple Man, "Zebediah Kilgrave" became a less fitting name for a nebbish limey.
>>
>>77655290
If you aren't gonna use the biological definition of altruism and insist on the philosophical one, don't bring up animals and biology as your evidence.

There are tons of examples of animals being altruistic.
>>
>>77655153

I prefer mundane names. The change werks for me.
>>
Anyone found it interesting that Pam literally put Hogarth's hand in her pussy? That's like a very rare thing to see in media.
>>
>>77655315
don't be mad about it, but acknowledge it. stop thinking humans are somehow different from everything else, its that typical arrogance of the naked ape.
>>
>>77655458
I found it fucking hot.
>>
>>77655439
there really isn't. And before you go off and start showing examples of predators taking care of abandoned prey animal babies, in every single case the care taking animal had just recently given birth and was still riding high on nurturing mommy hormones.
>>
>>77655470
Like usually, the guy is the one moving the girl's hand so she touches his cock but here, the girl moves her partner's hand so that it touches her pussy.
>>
File: 1447337787778.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1447337787778.png
1MB, 1600x900px
EVERYONE IN THIS SHOW IS FUCKING AWFUL

>Malcom
>the neighbors
>Hogarth, holy shit
>Luke
>the support group

they're all awful, how is this supposed to be enjoyable when all the side characters but trish are garbage
>>
>>77655464
>stop thinking humans are somehow different from everything else
Why? I don't have feathers, hooves, cold blood, antennae, etc. Humans ARE different, as are all the other animals are from one another.
>>
>>77655614
>>Hogarth, holy shit

What's wrong with her? She's supposed to be a horrible stupid bitch and is successful at that.
>>
>>77655470
Not gonna lie: I got a little chub.
>>
>>77655677
Proof that lesbians can still be stuck-up bitches.
>>
>>77655520
Ants, dolphins, honey bees, some birds
It's like you can't be assed to do a cursory google search.

You're taking the philosophical definition and ignoring biology, don't pretend otherwise.
>>
>>77655677
What's the point of her? Her story ends with no relevance to the final result; at least in Daredevil Mrs. Cardenhas was there so her death could harden Matt's resolve.
>>
>>77655800
She was one of a multitude of characters that was there to be manipulated by Kilgrave into letting him go and extending the conflict.
>>
>>77654488
Nobody goes to /int/. It's for losers whose only accomplishment is being born.
>>
>>77655829
Plus, she's like the lawyer character that an asshole like Jessica would need.
>>
Anyone really hate Simpsons entire plot? Every scene he was in was pure annoying torture.
>>
Man, episode 9 was so fucking retarded, I'm in shock at how every single character acted like a stupid fuck.
>>
>>77655829
That's where her story intersects with Jessica's, but after that her story still continues and it has nothing to do with Jessica or Kilgrave, just one final thread to reiterate that she's a cunt.

The same goes for Eastman. All the time spent on her story is just so Jessica can rant about something that she rants about again with Kilgrave.
>>
>>77655153
It was annoying, but not enough to get worked up over.
>>
>>77655846
/int/ has more traffic than /co/.
>>
Please tell me Kilgrave isn't actually dead.
>>
>>77655852
Havent's gotten the full-on Nuke part, but yeah. At best he was tolerable, at worst he was insufferable.
>>
>>77655908
In the long, long ago, glorious Nippon made up a ridiculous amount of traffic for 4chan and dwarfed local users until moot banned the whole country.

The point is, I still don't care.
>>
This show had a bit of an "X-Men" type problem where it tries to say people like Jessica and Luke are discriminated against and would ordinarily live in fear because their powers are some kind of stigma.
>>
>>77655916
I hope not. His death was shit
>>
>>77653988
Because lesbian and him abused the.power lesbian slut had pretty selfish reasons for wanting to use them

Jessica wanted to save a family
>>
>>77656027
You're still wrong no matter how much you claim to not care.
>>
Jessica Simpson?

She may be dumb as a brick, but DAMN is she a babe.
>>
>>77655290
Ever see a post just too wrong to correct? Like just so much bullshit it's more trouble than it's worth
>>
>>77655047
Why the fuck would they not high tail it.

Theyvare spec ops they knoe a suicide bomber when you see one
>>
>>77656311
The old lady from down the street can be a suicide bomber?
>>
>>77655789
ants and bees are hive mind super organisms where each member is a neuron in a giant living brain, they are more organ than organism, the individual is less of an animal than the collective is. dolphins and birds have symbiotic relationships with other species. they certainly aren't going out of their way to help others to the detriment of self. Nothing does that on purpose.
>>
>>77655153
That's the Fucking point
>>
>>77656323
Is she an arab?
>>
>>77655470
I was actually unnerved, which I consider a sign of good writing.

It was like that in Her too, when the peple frel so real the sex feels akward you are doing it right
>>
>>77656371
You wish.
>>
>>77655571
Never moved a girls hand to my crotch, that's just so...uncouth.
>>
What is it with Marvel stuff and seemingly unable to make good endings?

Both this and Daredevil showed such promise in teh first few episodes, but it just falls apart so bad.
>>
Also, did anyone laugh during the first Simpson/Trish sex scene where they couldn't even film it right, and showed off her pasties/nude underwear without a care in the world.
>>
>>77656423
You do it out of persuasion and seduction, which is what Pam was doing there.

>>77656461
I find it funny that Simpson was eating her out under the blankets.
>>
>>77656284
I see that every time I go to /tv/.
>>
>>77656461
>Simpson/Trish sex scene

Side note: Did anyone in the history of the universe ever pair Nuke and Hellcat before this show?
>>
>>77655614
>>Malcom
Go fuck yourself, Malcolm is the only person who gave a shit about anyone else.
>>
>>77656461
Like Malcolm getting clean or Ruben repeatedly bringing in pastries, it was just another instance where I went "apparently this is a thing now?"
>>
>>77656548

I was surprised anyone remembered Nuke existed.

I really did enjoy them using a child star origin for Patsy as a way to incorporate her romance comic origins.
>>
>>77656548
no, but Patsy used to date weird people, like Daimon Hellstorm.
>>
>>77656572

Ruben bring pastires seemed like a running gag with how smitten he was for Jessica.

He wanted a tsundere waifu.
>>
>>77656572
Are you this retarded?
>>
>>77656617
The twins were too cringe worthy to be ever amusing. Like his sister calling Jessica a cougar, it felt forced.
>>
Are there torrents or preferably mega links?
>>
>>77656687
rarbg
>>
>>77656328
And I think we're done because you don't understand fundamental biology. You sound like an ass.
>>
>>77654735
i know people who smoke weed non-stop smoke so thick you can't see your hand and then will bitch and throw a tantrum if somebody tries to light up an actual cig
>>
Kilgrave's want for Jessica is like the best example of Waifuism I've ever seen
>>
>>77656798
we were already done because there is no difference between the philosophical and physical altruism.
the concept doesn't exist, there is no such thing as helping someone else at the expense of self because there is some kind of pay off that motivated you to do it, and the same thing with the ants.
lets say an ant is infected with cordyceps and another one risks exposure to carry it away from the healthy colony. That ant is still acting selfishly because its one goal is to protect the colony and ensure survival of its family. Just because it is to the benefit of another doesn't mean it wasn't a selfish act. all acts are selfish.
>>
>>77656605
Patsy breaking up with the Son of Satan's going to be the impetus for the Defenders, isn't it?
>>
So we all admit Kilgrave: adventures in heroism would've been a better show right?
cause watching this was a bigger waste of time then watching survivor series
and thats saying alot
>>
>>77657033
>physical altruism
see you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about

Stop being an armchair philosopher for just two seconds.
Your definition of altruism isn't the biological one, the chief difference being that biological altruism can be motivated by something. Which is why you say altruism doesn't exist. But that's not how biologists use the term you cunt.

Stop being so arrogant and use fucking google.
>>
>>77657137
Nope, I disagree, I found JJ to be pretty damn enjoyable and I haven't watched SS yet since I just got home
>>
>>77657264
What exactly did you find enjoyable about it?
>>
>>77657318
>bait.jpg
>>
File: 2015-10-10 18.55.04.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-10 18.55.04.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>77654570
I remember her smoking at one point.
>>77655290
NOTHING PERSONNEL, KID.
>>77655614
I feel like the only person who actually liked all the characters. Even Robyn.
>>77655852
I like the earlier scenes with him (because the 'best friend and boyfriend hate each other' trope isn't done enough.) Having him go full-Nuke really fucked with the show's tone, though.
>>77656843
More like angry Nicegguyism. He didn't even like Jessica, he was just obsessed with her because he couldn't have her. Ruben is the true waifufag and the real bro.
>>
>>77655852
I liked him at the beginning. It was just sweet when him and Trish talked behind a door
>>
>>77655230
Nice shot! And I like both!
>>
>>77657543
me too, but the quality and approaches are very different from the netflix way, as expected. It annoys me that people expect from AoS/Flash/DD/JJ the same kinds of things. Diversity is the spice of life.
>>
Has anyone made a chart of the Easter eggs and references to other heroes in the MCU?

I know about the Hulk reference, but there was a point while they were interviewing Killgrave victims where someone makes a reference to a man with red eyes. I was wondering if that was anyone.
>>
>>77657596
you know you're living in the golden age of cape tv when you can have company wars over shows.

is arrow good again btw? ive gotten conflicting reports about the new season.
>>
>>77657697
I never liked arrow more than in season 2. I wouldn't say its good again, since I still don't trust it after the shitstain season 3 was, despite starting pretty well. We'll see in time. The guest starts have been cool, though, and it is heading in the right direction with te magic stuff. I still don't trust them fully, though.
>>
>>77657318
not that anon, but the topics that were in it were pretty fucking awesome. When else has suicide been such a huge theme? Rape was addressed in a way that wasn't too in your face like Law and Order Special Victims. And most of all, I love how every character was extremely grey, except of course Kilgrave. Other than that, everyone had flaws and the mistakes that people made were believable, they weren't stupid mistakes that make me hate the writing. Like how twincest girl gets a mob after Jessica, that was very believable. Or that Jessica wanted to prove the mind control was real until the girl killed herself
>>
>>77657668
Simon maybe?
>>
>>77657350
>I feel like the only person who actually liked all the characters.
only character I didn't like was Malcolm when he was high. Guy can't act like a druggy at all, did he watch some fucking 60s propaganda show to give him acting tips? He was fucking great when he was straight but he sucked at acting high.
>>
>>77657668
Possibly Daredevil. But she said the eyes were glowing red.
>>
>>77657697
it's better, happy Ollie is very heart warming. But it seams like every season they have to make one character a insufferable cunt

1- Thea
2- Laurel
3-Felicity
4- Diggle

Diggle is such a great dude and they have been making him a shit character this season
>>
>>77654608
Seriously? I can't believe that.

> hey it's okay to show characters how bad their alcoholism is, their drug addictions are, not to mention the full-blow sex. But GOD FORBID we see characters habitually smoke a cigarette.....
>>
>>77657801
really?

is the diggle butthurt over last season or soemthing?
>>
>>77657815
Yes. It's really dumb and annoying.
>>
Marvel is 2 for 2. I enjoyed this show. I don't think it was better than Daredevil(Because that shit set a high bar) but it's definitely got me excited for the Luke Cage and Iron Fist ones. Really enjoyed the fuck out of this.

Also, I wish they'd allow whoever the fuck is writing the villains for the netflix shows write them for the movies. Jesus Christ both Kingpin and Purpleman were written so fucking good.
>>
>>77657815
He was but after a few episodes is back to normal.
>>
>>77657807
No, smoking is pretty much never on TV anymore besides period pieces. However, Marvel has banned tits and "fuck". Honestly, my one complaint about JJ is that they had to replace Fuck with Shit far too many times, it didn't fit too many times
>>
>>77657518

The part where he was just a random cop feeling super shitty about almost killing her, he was okay. Then suddenly he's boning Trish and going on about his boys, being super macho and pigheaded.... It went downhill very fast.

I didn't really like anybody beyond Kilgrave. Luke was initially cool but I got tired of him surprisingly quickly once his story started revolve around his dead wife. Trish being all pro-self defense and shit was actually pretty good for two episodes before she just started to become irrelevant beyond having drama and sleeping with increasingly obsessed Simpson. Jessica herself never really came off likable or even interesting.
>>
>>77657883
did you not see this weeks episode?
>>
>>77657904
>not liking best MCU Waifu
fuck you Patsy was perfect the whole way through
>>
>>77657889

The use of foul language was so fucking weird in this. I don't usually care about this sort of thing but in the first few episode it's ridiculous how much they curse just for the sake of it and then by the end it's barely happening at all. It was like they wanted to go super edgy with cursing and then dropped it when it was no longer "shocking."
>>
So, Night Nurse is going to be in all 4 shows right? That would be fucking awesome
>>
>>77657801
>Diggle
>insufferable cunt

Just because a character lashes against Oliver doesn't make them insufferable nor a cunt. Digg had legitimate reason to be mad at Ollie but he got over it, and it wasn't as if every word coming out of his mouth was "I hate you Oliver"
>>
>The episodes in Jessica's house
Those were the best.
>>
Two for one hoagies all day.
Two for one hoagies all day.
>>
>>77658001
uh...did you see him not care about his brother being mind controlled? He pretty much said "Fuck him, I don't care about any excuse, INCLUDING MIND CONTROL."
>>
>>77658056

Dude went from thinking his brother was dead to learning he was a hardened criminal. Him being mad and highly emotional was entirely understandable given the context, even if he was going a bit overboard. Insufferable that does not make.
>>
anybody excited for the luke cage show? I hope the villain in that is pretty good but it might just be slick mobster with a psychopathic side
>>
File: AAAAUUUGHHHHHH.png (102KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAUUUGHHHHHH.png
102KB, 480x480px
>>77658032
GET OUTTA THE ROAD YOU STUPID SANDWICH
>>
>>77657206
altruism doesn't exist, it doesn;t matter how much you want to call something altruism. the concept is purely fiction
DEAL
WITH
IT
>>
>>77658105
Isn't it Cottonmouth?
>>
>>77658105

Nah, both DD and JJ turned out to be shit, so unless the trailer is amazing, I am not going to bother even watching Luke's show.
>>
>>77658118
what makes cottonmouth special i.e. qualities that could be adapted for tv?
>>
man I really wanted to watch jessica try and teach killgrave how to be a hero

that would have made an excellent show

wasted potential
>>
>>77657807
>alcoholism

Does that even count? I mean, sure you saw her drink a lot but it didn't ever get shown as a bad thing or even a problem, she was chugging it down like it was water and didn't act particularly drunk afterwards.
>>
>>77658114
>altruism doesn't exist
your autism certainly does
>>
File: Cornell-Cottonmouth.gif (27KB, 176x289px) Image search: [Google]
Cornell-Cottonmouth.gif
27KB, 176x289px
>>77658172
He's a crime boss and a heroine dealer. It's his heroine that someone else uses to frame Cage for drug trafficking. His teeth are gold and filed into sharp points. Honestly, he hasn't been used much so you could probably change a lot about him.
>>
>>77658210
Of course it wasn't shown as bad. Wild Turkey would not have liked that and pulled sponsorship.
>>
>>77658180

Yeah, the entire thing was so fast-forwarded.
>Maybe I could get Kilgrave to use his power for good?
>Nah, on second thought let's just torture him instead, that'll make me feel better.
>>
>>77658105
>anybody excited for the luke cage show?
Hell yes.

And if it's any indication, I think the villain will be great. All the villains so far have been pretty great.
>>
>>77657904
>Luke was initially cool but I got tired of him surprisingly quickly once his story started revolve around his dead wife.

That's why I didn't like him. Dead wife characters are terrible, and dead wife romantic leads are disgusting. The only way they could've made it worse is if he was dying of super-powered AIDS and only had six more months to avenge his dead wife.

His actor was great though.
>>
>>77658236
>Honestly, he hasn't been used much so you could probably change a lot about him.
Probably what's going to happen.
Really, who even cares about Cottonmouth?
>>
>>77658103
even when everyone was telling him they went through worse shit? Him seeing Sarah and Thea coming back and being murderers? Fucking dude is a stupid selfish cunt.
>>
File: 1386511301922.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1386511301922.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>77658180
It was made pretty obvious that:

>He had no grasp on reality.
>He wasn't able to empathize with others.
>Even if he did eventually want to do good (which he didn't), his lack of situational/emotional awareness and moral backbone means he'd go about it in the sloppiest most violent way possible. (See: trying to get the dad to kill himself)

Kilgrave was irredeemable. Which is okay, honestly. Heelface turns are something that mostly only happen in comic books.
>>
File: cottonmouth.jpg (149KB, 1280x1923px) Image search: [Google]
cottonmouth.jpg
149KB, 1280x1923px
cottonmouth is lookin pretty standard
>>
>>77658210
>I've never heard of a functioning alcoholic who pushes everyone away

go back to your suburban family.

also, isn't getting cut off and kicked out of a bar bad enough for you? That shit sucks! You have to find drinks some other way
>>
>>77658280
>Fucking dude is a stupid selfish cunt

For like five minutes before he got his head straightened. He was also mad for the sake of his brother's wife and kid. Like I said, he was being emotional, but that's understandable.
>>
>>77658268
True, we live in a time where this season a nazi villain was changed to a black drug lord.
>>
>>77658281
There were a few 'villains' in the show, one of the worst was the lesbian lawyer, she couldn't empathise with anyone either. I kinda liked that she made it through to be a shit to other people, at least one villain survived this show
>>
>>77658180
Jessica seen there was no saving him. He cared very little for the lives he saved. Instead he got a rush out of being in control of that situation.

That's would've been hell of fun tho.
>>
>>77658267
>>77657904
I really wish they didn't give Luke a huge part and only teased him a little. He was fun at the beginning and very cool.

The fight scenes in this one were meh, but of course I expected that much. But with Luke Cage and Iron Fist coming up, i'm expecting a lot of fun shit fight wise.
>>
>>77658380
Hogarth wasn't Kilgrave level, though. She was just a female version of the archetypal upper-class midlife crisis guy, like Lester Burnham in American Beauty.

She's still a pretty sensitive person (judging by how sloppily she deals with her own drama, how easily Jessica guilts her, and telling Kilgrave that she still trusted her wife).

Her selfish shittyness is really more of a result of her fragile personality (and the image she tries to uphold) than her actually being a raging asshole.
>>
>>77658457
yeah but all that pretty much puts her at Pierce in TWS level villain.
>>
>>77658488
She doesn't have his self-assured personality, though I imagine that's what she's trying to go for.

>Pierce: "Whoops, I guess I have to kill you now." *shoots maid*

>Hogarth: "Whoops, I guess I have to kill you now." *shoots maid*
>Becomes wracked with guilt.
>Never stops wondering if she made the right choice.
>Lets that guilt inform her future decisions.
>>
So what are the cons of the show?
>The show revolves way too much on Kilgrave from the start
>Lesbian divorce drama
>Not enough P.I work
>Jessica Jones' super powers consist largely of breaking locks, and one in a blue moon she jumps, but mostly off screen.
>The twins in general
>Small contrivances like Jessica saving Malcom just before Kilgrave meets her for the first time or Jessica killing Luke's wife just to tie him into her for cheap momentary drama
>The story where the woman tries to lure Jessica into a trap by hiring her to prove her husband is unfaithful just to kill her because she's mad at super powered people
>>
>>77658564
eh... suppresses guilt. It's heavily implied she's done terrible things, she even throws her girlfriend under the bus for killing her wife. She didn't seem that guilty about it either
>>
>>77658649
>>The twins in general

>not loving ginger twincest

>>The story where the woman tries to lure Jessica into a trap by hiring her to prove her husband is unfaithful just to kill her because she's mad at super powered people

I fucking loved that part, probably my favourite thing in the whole series.
>You take your pain and you live with it
while she smashes up the room. It didn't quite fit thematically with the rest of the show in the way she's calling them out and just destroying shit for the fuck of it, but I fucking LOVED it.
>>
>>77658649
I felt like Kilgrave is too bland and unthreatening.
>>
>>77658649
When I saw the first episode at NYCC, I was upset that they were jumping right into Kilgrave instead of making the show a slice-of-life detective drama, but with how well they handled comparing/contrasting patterns of abuse, I really liked the show we ended up getting. Definitely the #1 portrayal of assholes and villainy in non-comic cape media.
>>
>>77658649
>Small contrivances like Jessica saving Malcom just before Kilgrave meets her for the first time

Pretty sure that was Kilgrave's doing. Sending the very dude she saved to live in her building and spy on her for him.
>>
>>77658699
>>77658649
It was lame, there was hardly any reason for mutie scum hate. Even with AoS's bullshit inhumans that are popping up it's not enough.
>>
>>77658726
>unthreatening
He killed far more innocents than anyone in the MCU, and those he didn't kill were fucked up to the point they could barely function in society. How do you not find him threatening?
>>
>>77658726
Dude what? He could literally make you eat your self. He was fucking terrifying.
>>
>>77658788
Easily. Bodycounts don't mean shit and he was too pathetic to take seriously.
>>
>>77658743

The problem with that is that how would he even find the same random mugging victim he barely looked at originally? I liked the idea that he purposefully gets a guy hooked on smack, moves him right next to her, he then befriend her and then secretly takes pictures, but pulling a twist that she had actually met him before and her act of heroism then basically gets him indirectly turned into a drug addict was too much. It's like how Jessica's stalking Luke before she realizes she was fucking the husband of the woman she had murdered. Or was that meant to be taken as she did know before sleeping with him? A lot of the early stuff is really hazy how you're suppose to read the scene, like it took me ages to realize Trish and Jessica were step siblings, a lot of the early dialog makes it sound like they were estranged lovers, not people who grew up together.
>>
>>77658833
He just didn't care about taking over the world or any shit like all the other villains. What he cared about was him and him only. He is a deranged person who doesn't give two shits about you and will either ignore you or use you for whatever thing he wants next. Be that a meal, sex, or some 'higher' purpose for himself.

If you don't find that threatening you are unhinged from reality
>>
>>77658649
>The show revolves way too much on Kilgrave from the start

OMG this. The reason Daredevil was good is because they built up to Kingpin with mystery, so when they finally showed him, you were so interested in this fucking person.

>Lesbian divorce drama
No that was fun. At first I didn't see what the fuck that had to do with anything, but they did tie it into the main plotline very well.

>Not enough P.I work
I had an issue with this too. I wanted to see at least an entire episode with her just going around doing silly comic-relief work for people.

>>Jessica Jones' super powers consist largely of breaking locks, and one in a blue moon she jumps, but mostly off screen.

Eh, that was alright. There's not much you can do with super strength. They could've gotten a little more creative with it though.

>The twins in general

Yea I didn't like them either. Really wish they had little to do with the story.

>>Small contrivances like Jessica saving Malcom just before Kilgrave meets her for the first time or Jessica killing Luke's wife just to tie him into her for cheap momentary drama

I agree with this too. I didn't like how they had to tie all that shit together. Especially with flashbacks. Though the Luke thing was somewhat bearable. Seeing how she felt guilty and stalked him and shit, and this is how they

>The story where the woman tries to lure Jessica into a trap by hiring her to prove her husband is unfaithful just to kill her because she's mad at super powered people

That entire shit, was so pointless. I was so disappointed, but maybe it'll crack something open on a larger scale. Like maybe it's building up this whole drama that all these "gifted"(freaks is what I like to call them) people will have to deal with. And maybe it will become a hell of a lot major in the next few series.

It was just horribly executed in that case.

Another issue I had was all this shit going on and being cramped. Like Nuke. (Cont.)
>>
Upon completing this series all I can think about is how much I want Kilgrave to fuck me

I thought it was a pretty solid series. I enjoyed it as I was watching it and found it really easy to binge watch. Although looking back there are a couple of things that jump out at me. It seems to be the same critiques everyone else has shared.
>>
>>77658902

I could see how the divorce business was going to tie into the overall plot and on some level I did like how much of a cunt she was being about it, but Jesus, it was so fucking boring and hamfisted to watch from episode one onwards and it kept being brought up on and on for no reason. They didn't even bother really setting her up as a character before her arc already was going all out on being a lesbian and a cheater. It's like they didn't even want to bother turning Jerri into a three dimensional character, her role was there just to release Kilgrave and do some law jargon about how to prove mind control.
>>
>>77658902
The thing with Nuke was he was sorta crammed in. They should've hinted at Nuke being a nutty asshole and have him leave for the rest of the series after he did some horrible shit. Then have him return in the next season. Kinda building him up and also giving the audience something to be hooked on next season.

They did kinda do this, but I think they made Nuke over stay his welcome.
>He shows up, fucks with Trish
>They fall in love
>He wants to help Jessica out
>Jessica rejects him
>Nuke and Jessica form a rivalry or whatever, >Nuke gets hurt
>Introduce the pills(Giving a little explaination) >He proves himself to be crazy
>He hurts Trish
>He doesn't come back for the remainder of the season

Then have him show up in the next season, but tie him in with some other type of villain and ultimately have him redeem himself.
>>
>>77659006
I did lead somewhere though, 1000 cuts, her girlfriend murdering her wife and being thrown under the bus for it. There was a lot of story that came from it.
>>
>>77658856
Are you for real? I took it as Kilgrave set up the entire mugging scene, not just getting guys to mug someone, but the victim as well.

And I'm pretty sure she knew he was the husband, stalked him, she just didn't expect that face to show up after she just fucked him.

Lovers? You're crazy. They just seemed like friends that have been through and put up too much shit together.
>>
>>77658901
Thing is, it still doesn't change the fact that the presentation sucked. He's like Freddy Krueger in Freddy's Dead, scary as hell in theory and his bodycount is huge, but he's hard to take seriously because of how he's presented. Doesn't help that the show treats Kilgrave less like an enemy on equal footing with Jessica and more like prey Jessica needs to kill.

Kilgrave was kinda scary in first two episodes before he appeared in person, though. The whole "smile" thing was creepiest thing I've seen in any capeshow.
>>
>>77659029
Agreed. After he hurt Trish I was convinced he'd be out of the picture for the season and I was cool with it. I was ok with him being back but it felt a little crammed.
>>
Y'know, unlike Daredevil who started on a really high note and then gradually was losing steam, I am gradually more and more interested in Jess's show.
>>
>>77659006
They spent too much time on it. That screen time honestly could've been used for P.I. wacky adventures and shit.

>they didn't even want to bother turning Jerri into a three dimensional character

Did you honestly get that? She was like one of the most well thought out and complex characters. Hell there were times I forgot she was on Jessica's side. Though she was used to push the plot forward, I think she had a very interesting personality.
>>
>>77659051
>I took it as Kilgrave set up the entire mugging scene, not just getting guys to mug someone, but the victim as well.

the trouble with that is that we see Jessica walking the street towards the mugging, with Kilgrave nowhere in sight and appearing behind them. If he used his powers to stage the mugging for cheap laughs, why would he be staying out of sight rather than having a close look at his entertainment? It doesn't gel.

I suppose I just read the two other points differently, though I've seen at least one other poster mention the misread lovers subtext with regarding Trish and Jess.
>>
>>77659089
Are you opposite-Anon?
>>
>>77659006

The worst part for me was that the ex-wife wasn't hot. I get that was the point, but still.
>>
>>77659089
Yeah, I felt the same way.
>>
>>77657984
Rosario Coulson
>>
>>77659132
I know that actress from something else and looks like she let herself go. I mean, she's not much of a looker to begin with, but her double chins made shit worse.
>>
>>77659006
A lot of the 'useless crammed in' scenes make sense to me when I think of them as attempts to portray certain aspects of characters in different lights.

>Jessica and Hogarth are both pansies pretending to be tough girls who are secretly obsessed with what people think about them.

>Jessica meets Patsy's mom right before being confronted by Kilgrave in the Precinct and they both drop hints to the fact that they aren't able to feel remorse for what they did and they only like a vague idea of what Jess/Patsy represent. Most characters have at least one selfish moment and the writers almost always use their guilt to humanize them.

>Hogarth's side bitch calls her a piece of shit a bit after Jessica has a rant about how awful it feels to be be judged harshly by someone who sees you for who you are.

>While everyone in the show is shit at handling trauma and abuse and wavers when assholes play soft, Patsy cuts off Simpson the second he harms her.

There's a few more scenes like this I haven't headcanon'd yet.
>>
I think my biggest complaint is the fight scenes with Jones. Something about the way she fought (and the effects of her using her powers) just looked really phoned-in.

Cage at least was fun to watch fight, especially with those rugby guys in the bar.
>>
File: 1446706071667.jpg (16KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1446706071667.jpg
16KB, 275x183px
>>77655290
>>
>>77659089
I still think Daredevil is god-tier, but JJ wasn't bad. It was absolutely entertaining, especially for comicbook show. JJ started out slow for me and boring, but eventually picked up steam when Killgrave came into the picture.

I hated Jessica's relationship with Malcolm. I hated Malcolm all over and wish he stayed a junkie. He was pretty whiney.
>>
>>77659158

I suppose it was one of those things where the writers were too engaged about writing themes to bother inserting them organically to the episode/story. So yeah, on one hand a lot of it makes sense later on, but they never really connect and work as individual scenes so there's a bit of poor writing involved when they don't gel with the show as they appear and instead stand out too much.
>>
>>77659112
>though I've seen at least one other poster mention the misread lovers subtext with regarding Trish and Jess

I think that's actually fairly common. I've read a lot of people disappointed or surprised that they're just friends/sisters. I never got that from it and I always wear my yuri goggles, but I guess I can kind of see how someone might jump to that conclusion in the first episode.
>>
>>77659071
well, I tend to think you are either a person who has gone through too much trama to understand or too little. Tennet sold the character so fucking well.
>I will make you want me and never touch you, I will make you want only me and make you watch.
>Or maybe I will just kill you

it was something to that range but shit, that's scary
>>
>>77659131
no, he's right, the end of DD lost steam, it hit the high at mid season, with Stick. JJ hit it's high somewhere between 8-12 (have to rewatch it) not the finale but it was closer there. DD had one of it's biggest highs at the beginning, JJ episode 1 was it's lowest point and ramped up almost every episode
>>
>>77659267
Tennant is one of my biggest problems with Purple Man.
I was hoping he'd pull a John Lithgow and become one scary motherfucker, but everything about him is still silly and unfitting for the role and his acting is not anything special.
>>
>>77659298
>with Stick
That was the worst episode on the entire show.
>>
>>77659298
i think the high point of JJ was episode 12.

the low point was episode 10.
>>
File: 1439368482259.jpg (62KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1439368482259.jpg
62KB, 719x719px
>>77659316
>>
>>77659316

That was the only legit good episode from start to finish. Everything else had shitty filler, Karen being a whiny bitch and so forth. Stick's episode was the only time it felt like they had too much material on their hands and hence actually was entertaining when the show wasn't dragging its feet to the ground and stuff was actively happening.
>>
>>77659158
god damn I loved the episode about her being a piece of shit....so many depressed people talk about themselves like that. I haven't seen another show acurratly display these feelings.

The amount of suicide in the show was disturbing for me, so I hate to take it in bite size. But holy fuck was it ever an amazing show and when hope kills herself for the 'greater' good it hit the nail on the head of how depressed and suicidal people feel. and the fact that it happened AFTER Jessica did so much to save her was a nail in my heart.
>>
>>77659330
No, seriously.
>interrupting a far more interesting storyline
>more shitty set-up
>nothing interesting happens at all
>>
>>77659355
>show wasn't dragging its feet to the ground
That describes that shitty episode perfectly.
>entertaining
No.
>>
>>77659173
>Malcolm
agreed, this was the only bad casting in the show. He was shit at being a drug addict and even the writing handled it bad, like he was OK a week later? Drug addicts, whether mind controlled or not, are not like that
>>
>>77659303

I wonder if familiarity with his previous performances is affecting how people see him (positively or negatively). People seem to think he's either great or too goofy.

Personally I never watched his Who shit and I thought he was fine.
>>
>>77659382

I didn't whether to laugh or cry when after a week later he seemed entirely clean and was out jogging. Like damn, all you needed was a half assed pep talk? It would have been much better if Kilgrave had promised to make him go clean in exchange for the photos.
>>
>>77659303
I liked that about him.

Maybe it wasn't great for Purpleman, but he honestly did make a good believable villain. And anytime he was on screen he was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>77659387
Besides the bit of screen time in Goblet of Fire, this was the first performance I saw from Tennant. I thought he was great and I thought Kilgrave was great. However, I wish we could have seen the full extent of his powers in the last episode because it didn't feel like he was with the crowd on the dock.There were a lot of moments with him where I was like "what the FUCK." like when he peels the wallpaper to show Jessica's height marks. He sold creepy and obsessive well in his interactions.
>>
File: 1438113219632.jpg (17KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1438113219632.jpg
17KB, 500x336px
Show was pretty good, but it expected so little of the audience, it's genuinely insulting.

Daredevil definitely had some of this too, but not to this extent.

Hopefully the next one IRONS things out.
>>
>>77654040

Jessica capturing Killgrave and getting him to confess while he was powerless would have been better. Her "Jewel of Murder" on Killgrave felt very weak
>>
Tumblr hates Robyn because she reminds them of themselves
>>
Man Jessica did everything wrong
>>
>>77659499
>>77659387

This isn't the first time Tennant has played a creepy fuck. The Doctor was probably one of his worst roles
>>
I expected Matt to come into the interrogation room and say he's Jessica's defense lawyer in the last episode. Shame
>>
>>77653926
More like talkblack amirite
>>
>>77659996
No. It's good this didn't happen. Everything doesn't have to be interweave. I was almost upset when Night Nurse showed up, but she's bro-tier as always.
>>
>>77659973
he played a good stalker in Secret Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoUdPin-dhU
He's a pretty fun actor, genuinely like his stuff
>>
Man 4chan has really ruined me. I swear I had a purple man moment where I heard someone say C.uck the fist time Jessica and Luke boned.
>>
>>77659996
I would have shit a brick if we got to see a moment for Pam's trial and have seen Foggy and Matt representing her.
>>
Just finished it
Pretty good overall, no moment sticks out as super memorable however. Kinda dragged on felt very cat and mouse chase which got old. DD had the same problem but not as bad

Patsy was the best character and I really fucking hope she becomes Hellcat
>>
>>77655164
>Thor cameo

This will never happen.
>>
>>77654060
She killed the guy who killed his wife
>>
>>77655787
>implying that's not a general rule

tumblr pls leave
>>
>>77658998
>Upon completing this series all I can think about is how much I want Kilgrave to fuck me
He must be still alive for this effect to work
>>
Karen is still best gril.
>muh Wesley
stay mad, Wesleyfags
>>
>>77654245
That was the most retarded shit. Goddamn.
>>
>>77658145
>DD turned to be shit

le master ruseman
>>
>>77654245

Without a doubt. He should have just been dropped once his story contribution was done, instead we got a modern equivalent of MCU pitchforks and torches mob scene, which in a way was hilarious but was so contrived you couldn't really enjoy the campyness of it.
>>
It's Patsy!
I really wanna be your friend.
>>
So we all agree that Trendy Guy was the best character, right?
>>
>Jessica doesn't even date Luke a single time
>Tells him she wants to live out the rest of her days with him
The BBC is real
>>
>>77661187

Hey know, they ate out once.
>>
>>77661187
It's New York, anon.
>>
>>77661171
>no one will ever want to be your friend
>>
So who's going to be Danny's villain?
Crane mother and Steel Serpent?
>>
File: 1395748405419.jpg (91KB, 316x318px) Image search: [Google]
1395748405419.jpg
91KB, 316x318px
>you'll never squeez yourself between Luke and Jessica
>>
>>77656323
She said Kilgrave had something for them and they all crowded around the bag like retards
>>
>>77656484
That was a power play,

And it's not persuasion or seductione, it's GIB SEXYTIME NAI
>>
>>77661263
Mostly likely, I could see them teaming up with Harold Meachum's daughter.
>>
>>77660287
When Jessica was watching Luke fuck that married woman in the first episode was all I could think was "Jessikek Jones."
>>
>>77659112
Kilgraves set up the mugging to catch a super hero. He was probably going for Daredevil or, best option, SpiderMan. Then he couldn't believe his luck that he got some unknown super strong chick.
>>
Anyone who liked Luke cage should check him out on Agent X
>>
>>77661705
Huh?
I don't remember Luke being in Agent X.
>>
I felt that there was more chemistry between Kilgrave and Jones than Cage/Jessica
>>
>>77653926
Does the show get better than episode 1?
>>
>>77661717
Are you blind? He's one of the more important political characters.

Been on the show since the pilot...
>>
>>77661736
Show?
Wait, what?
Oh, I was thinking of something else.
>>
>>77661742
Triple X?
>>
>>77657904
His romantic story was melting his Gi.Joes, since Jess picked him up he clearly wasn't well adjusted to the trauma, and given his blatant issies already he was a Nuke ready to go off.

Jess knew damn well he wasn't up to it in the head.
>>
>>77661735

It's like DD, it's got few moments, one genuinely brilliant episode (DD's is Stick episode, JJ's is Kilgrave playing house with Jessica in her childhood house that is completely recreated like it was the 90s again) halfway through, but as a whole it's not that good.
>>
>>77657889
Marvel banned tits?sauce
>>
>>77657904
>I didn't really like anybody beyond Kilgrave.

Same. I was literally rooting for Kilgrave.
>>
>>77655290
HAHA, nope. You are so wrong, kid.

Just do this experiment right now: go downtown, stop a stranger on the street and ask for help. Any kind of reasonable help. I guarantee you that person will help you the best he can.

Humans do have empathy to others. Of course some are assholes or just plain psychopaths, but the majority (99%) of people are willing to help a fellow human being.
>>
>>77655464
We are not like the other animals, you silly, silly man.
>>
>>77655787
>fictional show
>proof of anything
>>
>>77656674
It was silly and funny, in my opinion.
>>
>>77661912
I am of the same opinion.
>>
>>77657137
I liked it. It was pretty well written, with the right amount of silly and serious.
>>
>>77657747
I agree with you. The show was not perfect, but was very far from awful.
>>
Finally an MC that tries to act her way out of situations in public instead of being a blunt idiot.
>>
So did Reva work for IGH? Did Luke's powers come from IGH too?
>>
>When you realize that Jessica is just as bad as Kilgrave when it comes to manipulating people
>She literally guilts and forces all these people into doing shit for her
>>
>>77659073
It was mechanical, he shot the black cop
>>
>>77662201
Could be intentional, but yeah, I think I've never felt such contempt for main character in all the years with fiction.

Thanks feminism.
>>
>>77654570
>This show isn't for kids!
>No smoking allowed
>No anal allowed
>No interesting story allowed
Punisher is going to be boring as hell.
>>
>>77662201
>being this dumb
>>
>>77659495
>anytime he was on screen he was fucking hilarious.
Quiptron 2.0
>>
>>77662231
Its weird, I feel kinda the same way. Like in the beginning I liked that aspect of it. like it was so fucking obvious that they were comparing mind control to rape. And that was cool, cause they went on to do shit about depression and PTSD and i was like yeah okay I can get behind this, and like she sees Kilgrave and freaks the fuck out like a rape victim would. And then its just completely dropped everything, like episode 7-8 FUCK IT LETS DO ALLLLLL THE THINGS
>>
>>77662277
Of course a tripfag is too dumb to know what a quip is.
>>
File: oh shit nigga.jpg (3KB, 123x124px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit nigga.jpg
3KB, 123x124px
>>77654093
>gimme a red
>>
>>77656072
More traffic just mean international losers
>>
File: JessicaJonesNuke.png (811KB, 850x560px) Image search: [Google]
JessicaJonesNuke.png
811KB, 850x560px
face paint when
>>
>>77662419
on netflix? never. Maybe he'll die by having his lighter embedded in his face, though.
>>
File: fury of a timelord.jpg (24KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
fury of a timelord.jpg
24KB, 500x283px
>>77659973
He was also a creepy doctor from time to time.
>>
>>77662419
Knowing what edgy audiences of today like, it'll be a scar that resembles a flag or a face tattoo.
>>
How many episodes are out and are they good so far? Worth watching?
>>
Show was good. Dragged on a little towards the end but still a fantastic noir thriller.

My only complaint is that they teased Spider-Man in the episode synopsis for the finale ("Jessica and Luke get help from someone in the neighborhood") and it's just the fucking nurse from Daredevil.

That didn't seem at all necessary.
>>
>>77662419
He's going to walk in front of a projector or something for a moment and the flag is going to projected onto his face
>>
>>77662595
All of them
Yes
>>
>>77662522
And let's not forget the time he creepily sang/lipsynced to The Smiths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lRLgoY6Hyk
>>
>>77662615
>they teased Spider-Man in the episode synopsis for the finale ("Jessica and Luke get help from someone in the neighborhood")
How the fuck does that tease Spider-Man?
>>
>>77662653
It doesn't, he's an idiot.
>>
>>77662660
>>77662653
If you've never heard of your friendly neighborhood spider-man why the fuck are you on /co/
>>
>>77662615

>Spider-Man

Nigga what? Nobody thought it was going to be Spider-Man.

Now Daredevil on the other hand, I was disappointed that it wasn't him that showed up considering that it's something that's infinitely more realistic seeing as how these characters and shows were conceptualized from the ground up to cross over anyway.
>>
>>77662711
>spider-man doesn't make sense
We've been explicitly told he's getting his start in Daredevil

Spider-man is friends with Luke Cage

Spider-man needs to be introduced soon so he can have his big role in Civil War
>>
>>77662701
You're stupid.
>>
>>77662732
nuh uh
you are
>>
File: spider-man-sitting-here[1].jpg (15KB, 469x359px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-sitting-here[1].jpg
15KB, 469x359px
>>77662732
>>
>>77662727

>spider-man doesn't make sense

I never said this, I simply said that his inclusion was realistic. Mainly for budgetary reasons, and for the fact that they'll want to introduce a major character like Spider-Man on the big screen in order to expose their huge money making investment to the widest audience possible.

>We've been explicitly told he's getting his start in Daredevil

I'm gonna need a source on that gaylord, because if I recall correctly it's been stated numerous times that Spider-Man and Aunt May would both be introduced for the first time in Civil War before being spun off into a new Spider-Man film series shortly after.

If it was confirmed that Spider-Man would show up in the Netflix shows, the internet would fucking explode.
>>
>>77662819
Not getting his start appearing in Daredevil, that he's already working the street as Spider-man in that time frame.

Marvel has already said in no uncertain terms that Spider-man's not getting another origin story. Everyone knows who Spider-man is.
>>
>>77662639
That was awesome.
>>
>>77661852
>I would just pretend I didn't hear them and keep walking with my earbuds in
Am I an asshole?
>>
>>77662883
Probably.
>>
>>77659162
It would be more effective if her attacks and their effects were in the same shot rather than relying on the same two shots of "Jessica punches man/man flies into wall" over and over again. The only scene I can think of which somewhat eschewed this trend was the fight with Simpson.
>>
Episode 9 got my penis diamond hard.

How come Luke Cage for a while was only good part about this show, yet now that he is out of the picture it got even better?
>>
>>77663349
Luke Cage was bland as fuck. One of the worst actors they could've picked.
>>
File: sq70C.gif (272KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
sq70C.gif
272KB, 256x192px
>>77663376
I would still fuck him.
>>
>>77663376
he's cool on agent x
>>
>>77655458
>interesting
If by interesting you mean super duper hot then yes.

What's worse is I knew it was a tease the whole time, made it even hotter.

Also that actress is straight 9/10 goddammit those dresses
>>
File: rtruthsoldier.jpg (37KB, 541x371px) Image search: [Google]
rtruthsoldier.jpg
37KB, 541x371px
>>77662615
>My only complaint is that they teased Spider-Man

You have to be some next-level retarded to think they were teasing Spider-Man.
>>
>>77663411
>>77655458

Fucking this. And I'm not even into lesbo scenes/porn/play. I think that chick's breast and dress just makes it work.
>>
File: Flippy2.jpg (16KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
Flippy2.jpg
16KB, 400x299px
God, every Jessica/Hogarth scene is like a competion of who can out cunt the other
>>
>does anal
Jessica confirmed for best grill.
>>
Does the opening remind anyone else of The Batman's theme?
>>
>>77663599
It's never clear why such a top notch lawyer even puts up with Jessica's shit.
>>
>>77665340
She wants to get in her panties obviously.
>>
>>77654102
This is the thing that probably bothered me the most. It would fave been enough for Nuke to go rogue and and pursue his own agenda not caring who got in the way. But the way they made him actively undermine Jessica's shit for no logical reason felt very hamfisted and poorly written. At least when the retarded hippy bitch ruined everything, it made total sense.

>>77662653
>>77662660
>>77662711
>>77663498
Everyone knows "neighborhood" is a registered trademark associated with Spiderman.
>>
>>77662639
well that was weird..
>>
Can someone please post the Chairzard edit
>>
So who wants to bet Marvel will come up with some bullshit reason how Killgrave survived in order to use the character again? But before you answer, he had both kidneys replaced and was awake for the procedure. Not to mention stem cells or whatever.
>>
Don't blink. Don't even blink.
Until you see Jessica.
>>
>>77657697
Arrow has and remains being the worst cape show on air.
>>
>>77662280
Victimization and Power are thr primary themes of the seriea. Every episode is about someone feelin victimized taking action to regain power, Kilgraves victims, Kilgrave, EVERY one in the love triangle, Jessica, Luke, Patsy,Nuke,Robyn,the lady who lost her mom,the kidney victim.... like, the show was literally soaked in it to the point of obsession.

Not a single minute went by that didn't deal with it.

A show where EVERY character has the same motivation worked, and that's brilliant
>>
>>77662461
>>77662549
>>77662628
It's just paint?I thought it was a tatoo?

Netflix s crazy enough to do it
>>
>>77666132

Honestly as a comic fan would you really be surprised at any bullshit reason?

Lots of Heroes and Villians came back for more than likely more retarded reasons than whatever they would come up with Killgrave.

Also depends if they can hire Tennant again since these days he maybe hard to lockdown. Doubtful they would replace him too since he's part of the success of that character.
>>
How strong does Nukes pills make you?
>>
>>77666726
Enough to throw Jessica clean through a wall, at least go toe to toe with her super strength. Even though she hurt her ribs, he was still exerting enough strength to push her around.

Probably Cap's level of strength I would say. I was honestly expecting them to make some sort of mention of the Super Soldier program.
>>
>>77654934
Its probably just a huge pain in the ass to rip/record all the eps from Netflix, especially when is actually relatively cheap to just get a subscription.

And if you never had one, its free anyways for the first few months.
>>
>>77667834
>I was honestly expecting them to make some sort of mention of the Super Soldier program.
Well they did mention that you can grow a man's strength but you can't grow the corresponding conscious.
>>
So what do you still want from the series now that you've presumably watched all the eps

>seeing Jessica in her Jewel costume
>some sort of trying to get the attention of the Avengers (like trying to talk to Cap, and he just think she's a civilian)
>Jessica trying to fight the Kree and getting her shit beat in, which makes her give up super heroing
>Foggy or Matt appearing in the background or references to their legal firm
>Daredevil watching Jessica or one of the street brawls
>>
>>77662419
It's not a face paint it's a fucking tattoo you filthy casual

<3
>>
Finished reading Alias.
Not sure which I like more, the show or the comic.
They're quite different.
Well atleast the show didn't have a billion Bendis speech bubbles.
>>
>>77668068
Face paint in the show would be more likely, though.
>>
>>77665313
Nope
>>
>>77668575
Bendis speech bubbles?
>>
>>77668018
>Daredevil watching Jessica
>Daredevil watching
>>
>>77669813
Yes, bubbles. Bendis' speech bubbles.
>>
File: Daredevil1.jpg (76KB, 419x444px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil1.jpg
76KB, 419x444px
>>77668018
>>77669825
>>
>>77661183
Which Kilgrave coat do you think was stolen from Trendy Guy
>>
>>77670116
The purple one. :^)
>>
>>77661183
>needs a support group to deal with his coat being stolen

kek
>>
>>77670432
For the record it was $5000.
>>
>>77653926
So what the hell happened with him anyway?
>>
>>77670316
This. That's why it focused on her looking at his purple shirt.
>>
>>77670560
The red, white, and blue got to him
>>
>>77668575
I think both are great
>>
>>77665340
wants a taste of that super puss
>>
>>77668018
>Foggy or Matt appearing in the background or references to their legal firm
That would actually be pretty great.
>Jessica gets called in to police station involving one of her jobs
>get's mad
>storms out
>plows right into Matt, putting him on his ass
>"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING, ASSHOLE!"
>continues to storm out
>>
>>77672915
I want this
>>
File: 1448048824719.jpg (45KB, 1264x765px) Image search: [Google]
1448048824719.jpg
45KB, 1264x765px
>that awkward feeling when you can relate to Kilgrave's parents abandoning him, getting obsessed over one woman, being annoyed by everyone else and going through your life ordering people around like a shithead
>>
>>77674817
Hi Kevin. It's gonna be alright, lil nigga.
>>
>>77674817
Yeah. He really was an irredeemable twat. But all things considered, he was a victim of his own powers. It's impossible to not become a spoiled little shit when pretty much everyone does everything he says without question.
>>
REMINDER
THAT A -FUCKLOAD- OF PEOPLE DIED BECAUSE JESSICA WENT
>MUH HOPE
OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

LITERALLY BRAIN DAMAGED
>>
>>77668018
Good writing.
>>
>>77655852
Nigga if you don't love nuke then you can get the fuck out. He was the best part of the show.
>>
>>77658649
The twins as well as malcom is what gives the show heart and shows how fucked up living in a world of superpowers would be for normal people.
>>
File: smile.png (1MB, 1603x905px) Image search: [Google]
smile.png
1MB, 1603x905px
post yfw this scene
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mzh44rvLws1qghbtv.png (129KB, 206x230px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mzh44rvLws1qghbtv.png
129KB, 206x230px
>>77679076
I thought Hope's actress was really good
>>
>>77676513
BUT ANON... SHE CAN'T JUST LET MUH HOPE WAST 15 YEARS OF HER LIFE BECAUSE KILLGRAVE! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE HER!
>>
>>77672915

Well the link is there now since the nurse has her number and knows about Cage and Her.

Poor Iron Fist is gonna be the odd man out.
>>
>>77679419
Iron Fist is gonna have Hogarth as a lawyer and when he gets his shit kicked in the nurse will show up. Because.
>>
>>77679244
I call her Kate Mara's slightly younger sister.
>>
>>77675368
Eh, he had made one point that was kinda glossed over. He can't tell if people are doing it on their own volition or because he's influencing them. His autism doesn't let him know human beings.
>>
>>77654447
Don't lump gingers in with the rest of us.
>>
>>77679940
Hey man, Patsy was pretty cute as a red head...
>>
>>77653987
Just do the month free trial you cock.
>>
JJ producer on if they can squeeze in a second season before The Defenders:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jessica-jones-rape-season-two-842318
>>
>>77680022
It was a wig, and fake redheads are better than gingers.
>>
>>77680233
Faggot

>Is there room for a second season of Jessica Jones before The Defenders in your mind?

I hope so. There certainly is storytelling wise. The question becomes is there actual time? There are logistics involved, because Defenders has to shoot by a certain time, contractually. Actually, I'm not sure; I'm not at all involved in those conversations, much to my dismay. The first question is whether or not we will even get a second season. The second question is, if so, when? Will it be before The Defenders or after? I'd certainly love it to be before but there are things that play into that — time, availability.

>When they get to Defenders they're obviously going to be using Jessica and you say that you won't necessarily be involved with that. How much are you going to want to be involved? Are you going to want to have conversations with The Defenders people and say, "Here's what you have to know about Jessica"?

I'm a complete control freak when it comes to this character. I will do everything in my power to protect the character in whatever forms. They'll have to throw me kicking and screaming out of that building. But they own the property. They've really been inclusive thus far so I'm not really worried about it.
>>
>>77680449
>There certainly is storytelling wise
No there isn't. First season was boring as hell and dragged on far too long.
>>
>you wil never fingerbang Pam
why live
>>
>>77662615
>they teased Spider-Man
LOL

No, you're just genuinely stupid. So, so stupid.

So stupid and sad.
>>
File: iwasntready.png (37KB, 154x228px) Image search: [Google]
iwasntready.png
37KB, 154x228px
>>77674817
>Projecting on Jessica, and completely oblivious to what she actually wants.
>Even Ruben makes him feel insecure.
>Completely unable to admit to his own flaws.

>"Of course I know what love looks like! I watch TV, don't I?"

He was the most /r9k/ villain ever.
>>
>>77662179
>Inhuman Growth Hormone
>>
>>77678963
>The twins as well as malcom is what gives the show heart

I can maybe understand liking Malcom, even though he just became entirely superfluous and whiny once he got clean but the twins were insufferable. Patsy was what gave the show heart. The twins were obnoxious weirdos that just fucked things up. The beta brother got himself killed and the cunt of a sister got increasingly retarded.
>>
>>77681783
I liked the Twins, but I feel like they kept using them for shitty jokes that went nowhere instead of exploring patterns of abuse, like they do for every other relationship in the show.
>>
>>77681817
I felt like they were going in that direction, but then Robyn just became worse to quickly get Kilgrave free.
>>
>>77681817
>kept using them for shitty jokes that went nowhere instead of exploring patterns of abuse

But they kinda did that by showing Robyn was over protective to the point of obsession and trying to control Rubin's whole life. Which also extended to lashing out violently against anyone who so much as gave him the time of day.

Also, I liked the shitty jokes at times.The one thing that redeemed Robyn as a character for me was when she crashed the support group. I went from feeling bad for her, to being mad at her rush to judgement, to laughing at her ignorant bullshit, to immediately being mad at her again all in a matter of a minute or so. You guys may not agree, but I felt that scene was fucking amazing for it's ability hold that level of tension and still sneak in a laugh or two without ruining it.
>>
>>77654934
How the FUCK have you functioned this long without learning how to torrent? I have netflix, and I torrented the show anyway because Ausfag net speeds are terribawful.
>>
File: typical.png (79KB, 183x179px) Image search: [Google]
typical.png
79KB, 183x179px
Why are the Netflix MCU villains so much better than the others?
>>
File: sodafountain.jpg (171KB, 481x372px) Image search: [Google]
sodafountain.jpg
171KB, 481x372px
>>77686090
Because having close to ten hours to develop a cast of characters is going to result in everyone being more fleshed out, VS two?
>>
The internet has come up with these three theories that aren't really based on anything. What do you think?

>Jessica Drew is one of the kids experimented on
>IGH = Inhuman Growth Hormone
>Robyn = Typhoid Mary
>>
>>77672915
https://twitter.com/JessicaJones/status/668852878509936640
>>
>>77686301
I can see the first two Bing real
>>
>>77686090
>why are villains better when they have 10 hours to develop instead of 2?

Truly a question for the ages, something our greatest scholars have struggled to decipher. I doubt we will ever know the real answer.
>>
>>77686354
webm'd for your pleasure

>the braille is just printed
wat
>>
>>77686301
>Robyn = Typhoid Mary
Wow, that's retarded.
>>
File: Hello_darkness_my_old_friend_2.png (560KB, 732x555px) Image search: [Google]
Hello_darkness_my_old_friend_2.png
560KB, 732x555px
>it's a "Jessica gets knocked out by a 2x4 to the back of the head" episode

Why did they sell Jess so short? I know she's not that strong, but they made her look really weak on more than one occasion.
>>
>>77686579
Agreed, they should have made her slightly more durable at least.
>>
>>77686579
They were kinda inconsistent about both her strength and her durability.

She just shrugged off getting shot in the arm like it was nothing.
>>
>>77686491
I think maybe it's holes punched into the card.
>>
>>77686632
but at least her lock breaking powers were consistent
>>
So who did the better neck-snap to save the day? The Man of Murder, or the Whore of Homicide?
>>
>>77686688
Purple Man made her kill him, Jess is a good girl she dindu nuffin. She dating a respectable small business owner, getting her life together.
>>
>>77686688
>Whore of Homicide

This is now what I'll be calling JJ.
>>
When they go to the morgue the first time and find a mysterious body that isn't really anyone they were looking for.

Was that a reference to a death in Daredevil?
>>
>>77686579
power levels.
she's already a superstrength detective. they made her a glass canon because otherwise she'd be way overpowered next to her future teammates.
>>
>>77686808
I like Cougar of Killing.
>>
>>77687048
not old enough
>>
>>77687037

She barely seemed superhuman sometimes, though. Even Matt wouldn't have gotten knocked out by that 2x4.

I dunno, she just didn't feel impressively superhuman. Like, they say she can run a sub four minute mile, but we never get a real sense of speed from her running, she gets beaten up by normies as much as she kicks ass, she can't fly, etc.

I'm glad that they made her a better detective, but as things stand she really doesn't bring much unique to the table in the teamup. I would've liked to see her be stronger than MCU Luke but have Luke be much tougher in order to differentiate them further.
>>
>>77679579
pretty sure he knows they don't want to jump off buildings/slice up each other's arms/flay skin from their faces/etc.
>>
>>77687141
seemed like she was stronger than luke but without the toughness.

it's also pretty evident towards the end that patty is going to figure out the source of her powers and that probably leads to an upgrade later on.
>>
>>77662639
That's not creepy. Man why Didn't the Purple man do this? Just spontaneous musicals for fun.
>>
>>77687151
I don't know, Hope wanted to stab herself in the throat. People are weird, who can tell what they're thinking?
>>
>>77662639
if i was the purple man i would totally make people improvise full musical numbers in the middle of the street to songs i love
>>
>>77654245
this was so lazy and bad, the worst kind of writing to make something happen and let killgrave escape
>>
>>77687151

He obviously knows when he's intentionally commanding people to do things they wouldn't normally do, it's just that anything he says can become a command without him even meaning to, or even necessarily directing it at someone. Everyday requests become unquestioned orders. There can be no normal interaction with society for a man like Kilgrave.
>>
>>77654245

Absolutely godawful, and easily the worst part of the series, especially since it made Jessica look like a chump when she couldn't stop three normies from freeing Kilgrave. Jessica should have been willing to kill to keep him from getting free.
>>
>>77687757
>Jessica should have been willing to kill to keep him from getting free.

Yes, that's what Jessica needed. MORE innocent blood on her hands.
>>
>>77687827

I said willing, not that she actually should. She should have put those guys down hard and fast.
>>
>>77680233
that url
>>
>>77654245
I actually thought >>77687227 was the most retarded
>4 hostages on the bar about to hang themselves
>seated beside the villain, close enough to break a glass and swing it around before he can talk
>stabs self in throat, meaning jessica has one more person to try and save after the 4 hostages while the villain runs away
>thinks this is helping
>>
>>77688656

I'm okay with that since Hope was so emotionally disturbed. I mean she paid someone to beat the baby out of her when she could've just got an abortion.
>>
Something I see posted on everywhere is that Nuke is like a parody of the action hero because of his focus on HIS BOYS and rescuing the chicks from the bad guy and killing etc.

That doesn't quite work when Nuke was in the right, though. I mean, Jessica never did anything but fucking up. She had the dude right in front of her a few times then through her own incompetence he gets away again and again, free to make more victims.
Those deaths are on her.
>>
>>77688656
And yet it actually ended up helping more than anything else any other person did in the entire show.
>>
>>77688991
>Those deaths are on her
Except that one cop, that one was completely on Nuke.
>>
So I find myself only watching for Patsy and Nuke.

Am I alone in this?
>>
>>77689411
Alright, yeah, that's true. Would've been no need for that if Killgrave had been murdered at the time, though.
>>
>>77666316

They might make him paint his face while being high from the pills or something
>>
>>77689751
Inb4 he uses blood for the red stripes
>>
>>77686491
WHOA WHOA WHOA
Just wait a darn minute
>>
Why the fuck did Nuke kill Lester anyways?
>>
Why does Marvel feel the need to be so fucking tongue and cheek with all of their heroes? Why is Disney so ashamed of them?

The Jewel costume scene with her and Patsy made me cringe so fucking hard.
>>
File: Vegeta-Crying-580x329.png (240KB, 580x329px) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta-Crying-580x329.png
240KB, 580x329px
This is the best fucking part of the MCU by far.
>mfw have to wait months until I can get more
>>
>>77688656
>implying removing MUH HOPE as a factor wasn't of the utmost urgency
>implying hope wanted to live
>>
>>77663376
Yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about Luke, but I'd blame the writing more so than the acting.

It's almost like they tried so hard to not make him rough around the edges or "street" like his comic counterpart that they neutered his personality. In JJ, he has a quiet strength, which is cool, but not really indicative of the Luke from the source material.

Hopefully he has more breathing room in his own show.
>>
>>77690100
We definitely aren't getting the tiara though so who cares.

Marvel makes a point of making fun of traditional superhero attire for no reason other than normies hate it.
>>
File: Costumes are for sluts.png (472KB, 824x295px) Image search: [Google]
Costumes are for sluts.png
472KB, 824x295px
>>77689949
>>
Does anyone else feel bad for Killgrave? He just wanted to be with his waifu.
>>
>>77689946
High on drugs, plus Lester wanted to put Kilgrave in jail and use to police force to catch him, there was a risk Simpson wouldn't find Kilgrave first and get a chance to kill him.
>>
>>77690334
Jee, anon.
Get a clue already.
>>
>>77690334
Most people agree that Kilgrave literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>77690855
kek
On 4chins maybe.
The paragons of mental health.
>>
>>77690100
I think it had more to do with them trying to keep it PG, I haven't seen enough of that guy besides in Halo to to blame it on his acting.
I kind of wish Terry Crews wasn't old, it would've fit him better.
>>
The original comic was so much better. The problem with the show is that they made the entire Killgrave arc into the entire show. Like the Alias was a great comic because it gave you a different perspective of the Marvel Universe. You have this powerful person like Jessica Jones doing mundane thing like being a PI. She was once a hero saving the day like many people in the Marvel Universe but something happened that made her quit that. Had the JJ show explored more of the MCU it would have been a much better show. By having it self contained and focusing everything into the Killgrave story rob the audience of something fun.
>>
>>77688656
The throat stab wasn't for her to get saved, it was for her to remove herself as a bargaining chip.

She wanted Kevin dead more than anything, and her life wasn't worth much to her anymore because of the violation, depression, criminal record and abandoment from all loved ones.
>>
I thought Snuffcarcass would have ordered Jess to kill or hurt Patsy to see if she was really under his control.
But then the moron just made out with Patsy.
>>
>>77691550

This show blew Alias out of the water, desu. I liked Alias well enough, but its strongest parts were Jessica's damage, and the show doubled down on that while cutting out the weaker stuff and massively improving Kilgrave.
>>
>>77691913

Really what he needed to do is fuck Patsy in front of her. Guess that would've been too dark.

Shame.
>>
>>77692775
I enjoyed the more subtle approach of Alias. I like the slower moments where Jessica was just doing PI work.
>>
Can't wait for Danny to fist everyone.
>>
>>77692821
Subtle? She was fighting mutant druggies and protecting Captain America while hanging out with Scott Lang and Captain Marvel. The TV show was much more subtle in terms of its approach to the universe, a necessity given that the MCU simply doesn't have the kind of depth required for the Forrest Gump - style interactions in Alias.
>>
>>77691550
The problem with the way TV has developed is everything has to be one story for the entire season. If you start out with stand-alone stories everyone bitches about how they're not servicing the main story.

So even on a private eye show, which lends itself to stand-alone mysteries, they have to make every episode about the same Big Bad. If they did Buffy or the X-Files as a new show today it would be the same way.

The problem is that a good procedural does in one episode what a lot of serialized shows take 13 padded episodes to do. Stretching out a story doesn't mean it's better.
>>
>>77693263
Alias was written like a Private Eye serial. JJ would have been much better if they had done it to be reminiscent of the old serials of old.
>>
>>77693263

Kilgrave had to be the whole show because it makes no sense for Jessica to do absolutely anytime but flee from him/hunt him down once she knows he's on the scene. He's such an overwhelming presence in her life that secondary antagonists a la Daredevil just wouldn't work.

I don't blame them for introducing him early, either. People would be complaining about the show meandering if the villain wasn't established early, and I quite liked the degree of interaction between the heroine and her nemesis. Felt much better than Daredevil, where Matt confronted Fisk's plans but not the man himself until the very end.

Ultimately, it was just a tough situation, and I think they handled it well.
>>
>>77693311
Alias was also written like most super hero comics were written at the time, with smaller story arcs that could be marketed as stand-alone trade collections, but an overall bigger story being teased throughout. So the first story is about what it's like to be a superhero P.I. in a world where Captain America exists.

I get that it would have been indulgent (and expensive) to have cameos from the big superheroes, but it didn't have to all tie back to Kilgrave. People can do more than one thing.
>>
>>77693356
>Kilgrave had to be the whole show because it makes no sense for Jessica to do absolutely anytime but flee from him/hunt him down once she knows he's on the scene.

I don't know if it wouldn't make sense. It's actually not realistic for people to spend all their time on one thing even if it's something that deeply affects them personally. The Mulder and Scully approach, where they take time from their big mythology obsession to do their jobs and investigate random cases, is more true to life and has more variety.
>>
>>77693373
Man if they had done the first episode with Jack Evans as Captain America it would have been based as fuck.
>>
>>77693373

As soon as Kilgrave came on the scene, it had to all tie back to him, because Jessica's entire life revolves around the trauma he inflicted on her. As long as she knows he's around and looking for her, that must color everything she does. The man had an irrevocable impact on her psyche, and the show portrays her raw fear of him very well. They couldn't introduce him and then kick him to the back burner for an episode or two. Better to have just run for, say, 10 episodes instead, and trim some of the fat.
>>
>>77693415

A homicidal sociopath serial killer who raped her for months, made her murder, and has the ability to control her on a cellular level is in town and trying to make her his once more. How can that *not* dominate her thought process? This isn't just some old foe back in the neighborhood, this is somebody who practically extinguished her as a person and can do it again at any time. I'd be shitting myself every waking minute. Her initial reaction in episode 1 felt very authentic.
>>
>>77693564
But think about the real-life situation it's a metaphor for. A rape victim whose rapist is back in town and stalking her would definitely be thinking about that all the time, but she'd still have to do other things. You can't put everything else on hold no matter what horrible shit is going down in your life.

In a weird way the traditional cop show case-of-the-week format is more true to life than the modern format where the characters get to focus on what they truly care about all the time.
>>
>>77693667

But it's not just a metaphor. Kilgrave poses a serious existential threat to Jessica and everyone close to her, and is constantly coming after her. Do you seriously expect her to just be able to up and take some random case without worrying about Kilgrave when she even has to carefully vet every single case to make sure it's not a ploy by Kilgrave?

The very nature of his powerset and what she knows him to be capable of makes not thinking about him for an episode completely impossible. C'mon, man, get some perspective. You probably wondered whether Kilgrave got to a character whenever a new one came on the scene or we didn't see somebody for a while, and yet you expect the protagonist to be able to shelve worrying about him for a while?
>>
is Danny in it?
>>
What's the deal with these Netflix shows killing all the cool old black dudes. Damn Marvel.
>>
>>77693929
Nope, not even a reference to him like in Daredevil either.
>>
>>77694008
It's gonna be a gag in all of their Netflix series. The Defenders is gonna kill off Obama.
>>
Hey /co/

I love you
>>
While I overall really enjoyed the show there are an obscene amount of flaws. A good chunk of the second half is meandering crap. Nuke is absolutely pointless and clutters up the story. Robin is so cartoony that her overacting and quirkiness completely disrupt the tone the show is trying to achieve. A lot of the sex and violence felt outright gratuitous. The action scenes were very poorly directed. The score in many scenes creates tonal dissonance with what is being portrayed. The Purple Man flip flops too often from being terrifyingly cruel and petty to lovably quirky and tragic.

But my biggest complaint is why is this so unfaithful in the details? This is the most they've ever departed in the MCU. They outright change The Purple Man's name and lampshade his faux surname left and right. He is never once labeled The Purple Man even though that name would be extremely easily to name drop convincingly as it sounds like a serial criminal name a newspaper or cop would throw around. Nuke is a goddamned travesty that not only cannot get the actual theme and purpose of the character right but refuses to even keep his first name correct. Jeryn is genderbent. Lastly, for my money, Luke was simply too soft around the edges to believably be Luke Cage.
>>
File: And I Love You, Random Citizen.png (291KB, 640x271px) Image search: [Google]
And I Love You, Random Citizen.png
291KB, 640x271px
>>77695881
And we love you, random /co/mrade!
>>
Finished episode 7. At this point all my sympathy for Jessica has pretty much disappeared.
>>
Did anyone in this show not start off, or end up damaged by the end of the series?. I know it was the whole theme of the show, but I'm struggling to think of anyone who wasn't.
>>
>>77695750
Ben Carson'll be president by then, fits the bill though.
>>
>>77697244
The closest I can think of is Luke, and we don't know how his whole Purple Man experience affected him. Malcom ended up in a good place but he started as a druggie so...

You're right though everyone got fucked up. Trish maybe is the exception but only because she seems so well-adjusted compared to Jessica. She had an abusive mom and tried to kill herself so...

Wait, Kilgrave. He died quick and he was really happy before it because he got his waifu and killed his parents. Kilgrave was the most well-adjusted person on the show, simply because his normal was already fucking crazy.
>>
>>77697244
How so?

The show didn't emphasize in happy endings but:

-Jessica is finally free from Kilgrave. She is considered a hero. Her best friends are alive. She is getting involved with someone (Luke)

-Trish made it out alive, finally broke some tension with her mother, will probably continue the path to becoming Hellcat. But lost a bf, I guess. Not like she won't get a new one fast.

-Luke found closure regarding his dead wife. He may start moving on thanks to Jessica. Is getting a Netflix series next year.

-Malcom is sober and helping people.

-Twin girl neighbor is moving on from that weird relationship with his brother.

-Hogarth was pretty much screwed. I give you that one. But she deserved it.

-Everyone else is pretty much dead and shouldn't be accounted for.
>>
Still can't wrap my head around why people in this universe are skeptical about mind control. That, and how lightly they take it once they're somewhat convinced. Mostly referring to Trish and the lawyer
>>
>>77699217
Trendy Guy never got his coat back, that's the real tragedy here.
>>
>>77699560
I'm going to take from what other anons have said in response to this statement before.
People have trouble accepting seemingly impossible things when they don't have personal experience with them. There are probably people in the universe that think the alien attack on New York was a conspiracy or a farce, because there's just absolutely no way aliens would invade Earth, right?
Also, mind control is not a physical thing. You can't see it, and it's hard to prove even when you do see it. It's something that people probably wouldn't believe in unless it happened to them personally, regardless of whether or not they believed in the New York attacks (although those who do believe in the attacks are more likely to believe in mind control as well).
>>
>>77690334
I feel the adventures of Long-suffering Babysitter Jessica Jones and Sociopathic Hero Killgrave would have been the best thing ever.
>>
>>77699698
It was so short lived, but fun while it lasted.
It wouldn't have worked anyway, unfortunately, unless Jessica magically got over her PTSD and forgave Kilgrave for raping her, which was unlikely.
>>
>>77657879
wilson fisk and kilgrave got like 10 hours of "fleshing out"
if you got 10 hours of whiplash or ronan, you'd probably like them a lot better.
unless it was 10 hours in a theater.
>>
>>77699217
hogarth got off a lot better when you figure that she didn't have to pay 90% of everything to her old and lesbian busted. if she gets kicked out by her partners, she's still got her name and and her wealth and can still practice in new york. (unless new lesbian hotness spills the beans...)
>>
I wonder if ambulance driver and Kilgrave's chauffeur got any help with their lives now that the truth is out.
>>
>>77687757
so how the fuck did rubens sister knock Jessica out?
no seriously.
>>
So how quickly would the show have ended if Jessica made the actual and correct decisions?
>>
>watching episode 3
>Sweet Christmas
>"This is our business, not a charity for women with broken doors."
>that John Constantine tier betrayal at the hospital
I'm digging this show.
>>
>>77701684
You mean if she acted with perfect information and no human flaws whatsoever?

It would have ended before it began because that shit probably wouldn't get made.
>>
She could've just shot Kilgrave through the sun roof in e03 if she'd brought a gun when she was tailing the cop.
>>
>>77702082
Shes gotta save Hope. Why not just kill him then break her out of jail with super strength?
>>
>>77702287
The main reason nobody else would come forward and testify that Kilgrave had fucked with them before was fear. If Kilgrave was dead, other people would likely confirm that this mind control jackass existed, thereby saving Hope.
>>
>>77701308
She had already had her ass kicked, had a broken rib and she's not super durable, just super strong. She heals a lot faster than the average person, but she can still get hurt. I liked that Jessica was significantly handicapped by getting seriously hurt. It's really stupid when a character breaks bones has multiple stab wounds, and is still able to fight as well as if they were unharmed.
>>
>>77702357
If you're referencing that fight scene in episode 2 of Daredevil, that was badass and didn't actually show him fighting as well as he could've uninjured.
>>
>>77702348
I'm pretty sure the lawyer said that some people giving testimony probably wouldn't fly. I don't remember the exact reason, but plenty of people lied that they were influenced by Kilgrave to do things, so maybe the idea was that any testimony would be as reliable as that i.e. not very. Jessica needed some actual proof.
>>
>>77702428
I wasn't referencing that at all. It's just a common thing to see in action movies/shows. To show how badass the character is, we see them carry on kicking ass as they're bleeding to death, instead of becoming progressively weaker.

Daredevil was great; he got his ass kicked a ton and paid the price for it.
>>
>>77655787
It's almost like sexual orientation has nothing to do with personal morality....
>>
>>77655237
Yeah...that Kevin was only good at shitting his pants...what an awful movie
>>
>>77695955
>But my biggest complaint is why is this so unfaithful in the details?

Because if there's one thing Jessica Jones' hordes of fans are known for, it's their want of slavish dedication to the source material in adaptations.
>>
>>77661745

They were thinking of the comic. He's a Deadpool-related character. Deadpool calls him his "Earth 2 Counterpart". He's pretty obscure now a days. Cable and Deadpool kind of threw him away.

You'll probably learn about him when Fox puts him in a movie.

...I miss early 2000s Deadpool...
>>
>>77695955
>Luke was simply too soft around the edges to believably be Luke Cage.
Have you read a modern Luke Cage comic?
>>
Haha oh wow. That finally.

NO BUDGET

Fuck she didn't fly, the jump wasn't even impressive.
PP only controls what 30 people at most at once?

Come on where the fuck is a legion of random people who get told Mckill yourselves and/or kill Jessica.
And don't tell me some shit like it's too high profile for him, its not like he has to be seen and if any of the Super Spy agencies actually wanted him they'd get him regardless.
>>
>>77705732
Oh god I can't believe I misspelled finale.
>>
File: luke-cage-mike-colter.jpg (30KB, 616x411px) Image search: [Google]
luke-cage-mike-colter.jpg
30KB, 616x411px
I'm tired of this show, every episode someone dies because Jessica refused to kill killgrave

terrible hero

Jessica Jones is a piece of shit
>>
So who the fuck is Simpson exactly? What happened to him? I didn't really see a point in his character
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.