[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You ready for Guardians vol 2 /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

You ready for Guardians vol 2 /co/?
>>
Mantis a shit.
>>
>>77652385
Only if it has my space lesbians
>>
>>77653358
So sorry.
>>
I WANT PHYLA!
WHERE IS PHYLA?!
PHYLA!
GIMMIE PHYLA!
I WANT PHYLA!!!
>>
>>77652385
>she won't be barefoot
Better she not be in it at all.
>>77653449
In the grave Judge.
She is going to come back in GOTG and job to Hala in some hard kree on kree violence
>>
>>77652385
When he said Nova still won't be there, I lost all interest
>>
i want my space Hippie back
>>
>>77652385
I didnt even know there was a vol 1. Movie was great though
>>
>>77652385
Please let mantis show up in the GoTG movie as a hot golden skin asian chick and cosmically aware goddess.

I'll give them all of my love dollars.
>>
>>77653813
>implying that if MCU ever gets a Nova it'll be faggy cancer boy instead of based Dick Rider
Believe me anon, we're a lot better without a Nova.
>>
>>77653813
why should he be? he spent a good chunk of your beloved DnA guardians run stuck on earth in his own book being a whiny bitch on earth he also brings nothing new to the movie unless you give him his comic powers which would make everyone else on the movie team completely useless with how overpowered he is.

fuck nova.
>>
>>77654509
He was the definitive POV character for the DnA run. If it weren't for him, Guardians would not have existed.
Also, a good chunk of the movie took place on Xandar and featured the Nova Corp. He should at least have his fucking name mentioned.
>>
>>77654129
I think Marvel's learned their lesson with Sam or almost has. They spent all that money trying to promote him and he never caught on.
I could be wrong and they may still try to force him to work, but I feel like after 4 years, they're ready to give up on him.
>>
>>77654612
you actually have to be in the book to be a pov character. he showed up in a flashback at beginning and than showed up to die at the end.
>>
>>77654765
DnA wrote more than just GotG during that time period. You know this right?
>>
>>77654707

I think they learned the ultimate lesson.

Sam ever caught on because he was a brat in Ultimate Spider-Man and will never get over that hurdle, and they can't market a guy named Dick Rider and get away with it...

They really fumbled here big time.
>>
>>77654707
Sam is not bad at all. I and everyone else misses dick a lot, but that doesn't make sam inherintly bad just cos you don't have what you want anymore.

Like a kid not wanting a new dog when his old one dies cos its not his old dog. New dog is still cool and cute.
>>
>>77654707
I believe him being on All-New Avengers will be his last chance.
I fucking hope that shit sinks so he can fuck off already.
>>
>>77654782
>not going full DC mode and market him as "RYDER: Nova Prime" or some shit like that

Yeah I used a "y" instead of the "i" in purpose, because when you think about Rider in Marvel the first thing that comes to mind is Ghost Rider
>>
>>77654798
Except that the new dog was just a wishy washy projection fantasy of Loeb's cancerous dead son.
>>
>>77654798
>Like a kid not wanting a new dog when his old one dies cos its not his old dog
That's a really weird way to put it considering the new dog is Jeph's dead son.
>>
>>77654707
rich spent 30 years coasting of the new warriors run and was relegated as the kid who sometimes cameos in other books to get smacked around right up until annihilation.

sam is the creation of a well connected writer who is friends with everyone and who took the place of a character that the average fan gave no fucks about to begin with. he isn't going anywhere.

I'm not the biggest fan of either nova but the constant crying from the rich fans has annoyed me to the point where I never want to see them be happy again.
>>
>>77652427
I will fight you
>>
>>77655064
you mad your galactic weeb wet dream is a parasitic bitch?
>>
>>77652385
I dont care about the comics. They are dumb and boring. Only the movie was good.
>>
>>77655043
Marvel brought that on themselves by shitting on him for 5 years straight.
Also
>sam is the creation of a well connected writer who is friends with everyone and who took the place of a character that the average fan gave no fucks about to begin with. he isn't going anywhere.
Even with the first Infinity comic, tons of appearances in events, being on the avengers, and having a cartoon, he still can't match Richard's numbers. Marvel won't let that shit slide forever.
>>
>>77655030
>>77654897
Yes except loeb only controlled the what, first 6 issues? Which were not even bad, but it only got better from there.
>>
>>77654780
and what they did with rich in his own book (see being stuck on earth and being a whiny bitch for a good chunk of it) mattered very little for most of the gotg run and the events that unfolded from it.

sam has spent more time in space being a space cop than nova prime did under DnA.
>>
>>77655043
i love rich but its almost getting to runaways teir delusion
>>
>>77655195
They were fucking awful, don't even try to deny that. That bled readers at an alarming rate.
>>
File: v71qzfe3g.jpg (56KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
v71qzfe3g.jpg
56KB, 250x350px
GotG was my favorite series and now it's dead.
At least the movie was actually okay and I'm sure the second one can't possibly be as bad as the cartoon series or current comics
I'm not hyped, I'm just happy that my favorite thing has something that's probably not going to be total fucking shit on the way
Please don't kill me for not hating the movie. By that point Bendis had killed the shit out of the Guardians and the movie was all I had. Now the guardians are even MORE dead, so this is probably going to be the last not-shit gotg thing. At least to me anyways.
>>
>>77655195
Still mediocre at best.
>>
>>77655198
The difference is that even while he was on Earth, Dick was a lotta more interesting to read than Cancer-boy.
Other thing that bothers me is that Loeb went full Bendis with his Chemo-kid and ignored literally everything that happened with the Nova franchise (Robbie, the new Nova Corps, Namorita being alive, etc).
>>
>>77655253
The movie was good despite /co/ being a whiny bitch about it, but yeah GOTG comic is pretty much a zombie now.
you can always have faith in Guardians 3000.
>>
>>77655198
A lot of Richard's time on Earth at least pertained to cosmic properties like resurrecting Wendell, fighting the Skrulls, fighting Ego, and keeping Shuma-Gorath off Earth.
Sam fought the Hulk and Carnage.
>>
>>77654869
I don't, now go to bed Bendis.
>>
File: RPGU3oX.png (182KB, 972x930px) Image search: [Google]
RPGU3oX.png
182KB, 972x930px
>>77655384
Guardians 3000 was good but it didn't do it for me.
My favorite was always Rocket Raccoon. His old 80s mantlo run (y'know the one with the robot clowns and crazy bullshit) was the first comic I ever read.
He's really why I read GotG back then. I mean yeah I fucking love everyone else too, Star-Lord, Mantis, Moondragon, Bug, they're all great, and the original GotG are all fuckin' cool too. But Rocket is my all time favorite and he has been fucked in the ass so hard.
Every characterization of him now is this retarded last-of-his-kind thing who isn't really a raccoon for some dumbass reason. He's super edgy and a total psycho now. They are straight up writing him as an exact opposite of how he's been since his creation in the 70s.
It's such a crying shame to watch my favorite turn into some edgy bullshit being written by people who spit on his original comics (Skottie Young constantly made fun of the original comics, and not in a good way).
No let's just write this character as some total idiot, he's just a stupid ass raccoon right? Who cares
I care man. Pic related. It's a greentext I wrote a while back explaining why I give so much of a shit

God I wrote way more than I though I would. Shit.
>>
>>77655344
there was nothing fucking interesting about earth stuck rich

there was nothing fucking interesting about those group of boring no personality nobodies who where supposed to be the new core group of novas.

there was nothing fucking interesting about that fucking awful sphinx arc.

several years later and I'm still fucking mad the last space cop in the universe, the leader of an allied force of multiple galactic races, and survivor of two multiple galaxy spanning wars was reduced to a "heroic sacrifice" which was nothing more than a mercy kill because his writers couldn't figure out how to use a fucking space cop in their space books.
>>
>>77655656
And then his best bro and mentor who he died with was brought back half brain dead and forced into a relationship with kitty pryde
>>
>>77655686
Man, I really fucking miss Star-Lord.
>>
File: 1437433607601.jpg (14KB, 221x335px) Image search: [Google]
1437433607601.jpg
14KB, 221x335px
>>77655771
Yeah it's such a shame he died in the Thanos Imperative and they never bought him back.
Yep.
Damn shame.
Wish he'd come back.
Sucks that he's dead tho.
Yeah.
Dead.
Totally dead.
>>
>>77655656
This
Rich was best in events and shit in his own books
>>
>>77655845
You can you didn't like the Sphinx Arc, and that's fine. Anything else, you're just wrong.
>>
I'm not gonna even try to ask aboput why you think the comics are dead because I know the answer will be "not MUH...Starlord-lesbians-DnA-waifu-dickrider"

So is this going to be Delusion: the thread or are people going to actually talk about the movie.
>>
File: Phyla.png (667KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
Phyla.png
667KB, 600x466px
>>77653449
The most pathetic and stupid death I have ever seen.
>>
File: GotG 20 Page 15.png (1MB, 625x963px) Image search: [Google]
GotG 20 Page 15.png
1MB, 625x963px
>>77655935
Are you even trying?
>>
>>77655910
This is the board for comics and cartoons, if you want to talk about movies please go to >>>/tv/
>>
>>77655896
>liking starstalker
>>
>>77655910
I do what to point out this is a bit of a difference between "MUH (thing here)" and a writer being such a fuck up that he just erases years of continuity and characterization under the pretense of "nobody read the older comics who cares".
Our anger is a bit justified in my opinion

Also we know jack shit about the movie other than Mantis is in it and it might have something to do about Star-Lord's dad. Not exactly much to talk about.
>>
>>77655954
>muh Gamora
>Gamora
>she was only fuckbuddies with him for a while
BEEENDIIIIISSSSS!!!!

Nice bait
>>
>>77655989
He was in the Sphinx Arc.
I heard he showed up in the Adventure's of Sam Loeb as an allegory for people who couldn't accept Richard being gone and just making fun of Vol 4 as a whole.
>>
>>77655656
To be honest the only bad thing about that was the Sphinx shit, but since you're entiled to your opinion is a waste of time to try correcting you from your awful taste.
>>
>>77655995
You are painting Bendis as the bad guy for no reason. You miss the part where Marvel is the one who wanted to erase all those years of continuity in favor of putting the movie to sell more books. The pretense is not because nobody read the older comics, it's because everyone prefer the movie. I bet that if Bendis wouldn't have been there, they would have erased J'son and wait for the movie revelation to do a retarded retcon.

So no, your anger against Bendis isn't justified.
>>
>>77655935
hahahheh i didnt remember the "you're fried!"

great panel
>>
>>77656177
You can effectively pull out a comic with the movie lineup without shitting all over the continuity, also Bendis is well known for doing that kind of shit and also for making the characters act totally different from what they usually have (worst case being Rocket).
Marvel's sin was wanting to push out the movie lineup to hype the movie, but Bendis was ultimately the guy who made the final decisions of what he was going to do with the title (which included making them the lackeys of the guest Avenger in turn and pulling a romance between Nova and Gamora out of his ass).
>>
>>77656177
There were many changes he made for the worse he didn't have to do. I very much doubt all of them were Marvel mandates. Like if Marvel wanted the team to be closer to the movie team? I can understand that. But the insanely different and stupid direction it went in was all on Bendis.
I don't totally hate the guy mind you, he has had a few books I enjoyed, but he is NOT cut out to write cosmic. He doesn't know or care what he's doing.
>>
Yup. Loved Vol 1, so I'm excited to see what Gunn does next. Hyped to see what happens with Nebula and Gamora, and really interested to see his Mantis. Shame that we still have no Phyla or Moondragon, but it's OK I guess. At least them not showing up will mean Marvel won't see it fit to bring them back and handing them over to Bendis or whoever.
>>
>>77655253
The movie was amazing. The follow-up series and shows? The opposite of that.
>>
>>77655814
I've been saying forever that Kitty married Cancerverse Quill.
>>
>>77656584
>Bendis' Mantis
I wonder how Englehart will feel after he destroys his waifu, even worse (in case he shows up)
>Bendis' Warlock
>>
>>77656636
Yeah I know someone else who has that theory (unless you're the same person)
It's literally the only way to explain why Star-Lord acts the opposite of how he's acted in the past 40 years
>>
>>77656706
You in Michigan?
>>
>>77656810
Nah. Washington DC area.
>>
>>77656405
>>77656512
You can't pull out the movie without shitting over continuity. You can't. The personalities are very different, saying they aren't is just deluding yourself. I think Bendis even tried to stay more close to the comic than what Marvel would have allowed to another writer.

Most of the stuff he did on his first volume was him not having room to work and still trying to figure out the right course between the movie and the comics. You wanna see real shit, see other writers writing the Guardians. Bendis actually tried to save some of the comics identity instead of going full movie.
>>
>>77656991
Bendis's fault or not the comics still suck every dick they can find and shit all over everything before it.
>>
>>77656991
You can suck Bendicks as much as you want. but Guardians has been terrible since he took over and there's no way to deny it. I'll be happy when he fucks off.
>>
Will we get to see pic related in GoTG vol. 2?
>>
>>77653358
>the worst part of GotG
Damn, and I thought Bendis shit was bad taste...
>>
>>77654782
Meanwhile DC goes full homolust with Dick they have.
>>
>>77659219
The Dick Rider thing is a joke. Keep in mind the character is 40 years old.
Literally everyone calls him Rich or Richard.
>>
>>77655452
>Hulk
Kluh!
>>
>>77654869
Ryder is more visually appealing than Rider, I didn't mind this change at all, but then I was never really attached to the character or the joke his name presented.
>>
>>77659299
The Ryder thing was annoying because when it happened, it was the first thing Nova had been featured in over 4 years, and Marvel couldn't be bothered to spell his name right.
It wasn't just Bendis who was doing it, he just started it.
>>
>>77659255
Oh, yes. I know. Just showing that someone can and will market Dicks.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.