[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about banned cartoons? Shows, movies, comics, anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

Can we talk about banned cartoons? Shows, movies, comics, anything like that.

I've been looking into this stuff lately and it's pretty interesting, but I'm pretty sure I've only seen the common stuff that everyone knows about, like the banned WW2 stuff with bugs bunny and things like that.

Any must see banned stuff?
>>
File: Neat-spiderman.gif (118KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
Neat-spiderman.gif
118KB, 400x324px
There's a ton of examples. Most of the time it's not political, just overprotective mom's who get together to ruin everyone's fun.

Like how the 90s spider man couldn't show punches. Seriously, not a single one in the entire show.
>>
File: spidey-kick.webm (714KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spidey-kick.webm
714KB, 1280x720px
>>77652354
That's retarded.
>>
Not a must see but I found it funny they banned some tom and jerry episodes for having a mammy character. IIRC she was just the owner of tom and didn't do anything particularly offensive.
>>
>>77652519
That's not a punch
>>
>>77652519
Wanna know why in Batman The Animated Series gangsters had guns, but in every single Bruce Timm cartoon there's only laser guns?

Soccer moms figured showing a bad guy shooting a gun promotes school shootings, but laser guns are okay.
>>
>>77652354

I was kinda surprised to find out Bone is banned because of overly concerned parents
>>
>>77652715
>Bone
Still haven't read this. Should I even be here?
>>
File: Evolution_of_Homer.jpg (62KB, 370x201px) Image search: [Google]
Evolution_of_Homer.jpg
62KB, 370x201px
The Simpsons have a few banned episodes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Lfc5OFsZU
>>
>>77652519
that's not 90s spider-man
>>
File: 632895496235.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
632895496235.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>77652806

Leave /co/ and go read it right now

Come back and make a thread when you finish it
>>
>>77652882
Seems legit.
>>
>>77651801
There is nothing to be offended by.

They don't even explain what the nazis were all about. Other than they're bad.
>>
>>77652354
>>77652519
Soap please go away
/pol/
>>
File: zip.jpg (639KB, 695x1050px) Image search: [Google]
zip.jpg
639KB, 695x1050px
Here's an interesting one. . . not banned, per se. Just forcibly purged.
>>
>>77651801
This has me recalling a few Loony Tunes that I saw on TV only to have them disappear on me. One was a Mexican take on Cinderella that had a scene where the stepmother tried to hide Cinderella in a mud pit. Another had Daffy Duck interrogating a Chinese woman who showed him why she was called a 'dragon lady'.
>>
>>77652882
Originally, the Simpsons was about a Muslim family trying to make it in America. Fox producers thought this was too progressive (remember when they used to be actual conservatives?) and pulled the idea. Matt Groening changed the script to be about a family of yellow rabbits instead, but this concept performed poorly in front of test audiences. It took a few years but the idea was eventually reworked into the family we're all familiar with today, except Maggie was originally the name of the family cat and Marge was going to be perpetually barefoot and pregnant.
>>
>>77652882
>>77653434
Funniest part is that this isn't even very far fetched if you've seen the latest seasons
>>
>>77653150
well sort of
see at the time few americans were aware of what the nazis were about, and of those, few wanted to talk about it, and NOBODY wanted to hear about it.. but like any war, you have to come up with a reason to get everyone behind your fight, so they focused on the totalitarian imperialism and the way they treated their soldiers like shit. It was very important that, this time, we remembered that german soldiers weren't our enemies, they were just fellow victims of the nazi war machine.. that way the goal was clear and animosity wouldn't stick around long

so basically this cartoon was 'being a nazi soldier sucks. it's not so bad being an american soldier by comparison is it?'
>>
>>77653209

Yeah managed to find this on vimeo downloaded it from their just so I could have a copy

My little brother wants me to make a copy so he can finally watch it
>>
>>77651801
Anything with over exaggerated black people are pretty much banned.
>>
>>77652354
>Can't punch a bank robber in order to apprehend him in the name of the law.
>Can conduct breaking and entering.
Wait to go, ma!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA
>>
>>77653507
Thank you, makes perfect sense.
>>
>>77653434
They weren't like that at all on the Tracy Ullman show.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wXW_m-_NbE

>They felt the need to censor this but shit like the toenail getting crushed by couch scene is okay
>>
>>77654013
I mean...
How does the concept of "A Bucket of Water" even exist to them?
It's like "A Bucket of Air" for us.
>>
File: only10int.png (165KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
only10int.png
165KB, 303x311px
>>77654122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FB0aeb-TPs
>>
File: Yogi.gif (359KB, 1500x1976px) Image search: [Google]
Yogi.gif
359KB, 1500x1976px
>>77654189
>only10int
Still smarter than the average bear!
>>
File: wat.jpg (17KB, 206x169px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
17KB, 206x169px
>>77652882
This channel is fucking weird.
>>
>>77652715
What were they concerned about?
>>
Well, that Family Guy episode with Robin Williams is banned now.
>>
File: ppg.jpg (230KB, 630x956px) Image search: [Google]
ppg.jpg
230KB, 630x956px
>>77651801
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLhld_PI2zg

Taught me more than my mom or school bothered to.
>>
>>77656690
I remember my little brother came home pissed because his school library set a grade level requirement (i think it was 4th?) To read Bone because of that bit in the first issue where she washes herself in the river. You cant see anything in the panels, it was a total over reaction
>>
Speedy Gonzales was my favorite cartoon growing up. will never be able to see any of those cartoons again.

>feels bad man
>>
>>77657011
Did they really ban them? Wasn't he just as stereotypical in the Looney Tunes Show?
>>
File: image.png (148KB, 340x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
148KB, 340x253px
Not technically banned (it just never aired in the US), but the episode is interesting, to say the least

Probably never aired because of possible seizures, but it also could have been because of its theme in general.
>>
File: 1436564634829.png (139KB, 436x438px) Image search: [Google]
1436564634829.png
139KB, 436x438px
>>77656488
just watched them all. lol wtf.
>>
>>77657102
>anti commie theme cause it not to air in america
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>77656785
what was banned about this?
>>
>>77657222
Too sexual.
>>
>>77656811
Ew
Why do parents think it's okay to raise their kids to be sexually repressed weirdos?
>>
I didn't drink until I was 18 because of this cartoon. From what I understand it only aired once and then never aired again

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/banned-tiny-toons-one-beer-725747
>>
>already seen WW2 shit
Well fuck, I wanted to tell someone how hilarious all of the wartime Popeye shorts were. Racist and funny aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>77660050
share?
>>
>>77657095
They toned him down a bit, but he was relatively the same character, just with less of an exaggerated accent iirc
>>
>>77652715
>>77656811
>>77657511
I don't get why people get upset about parental censorship these days.

Unless your parents are ultra-fundies who homeschool all they're doing by telling you what you shouldn't read is making a handy list of the best shit that you should look into. So kids who would never have heard of something are now compelled to seek it out.
>>
>>77652354
honestly why I preferred Spectacular Spider-man series, the choreography of the fights man, awesome.
>>
>banned cartoons
None of these cartoons are technically banned (in the US). They are just not publically available or broadcast on TV because the rights holders feel they are not worth distributing for fear of public outcry.
>>
>>77653507

strange, considering there were pro-nazi americans at the time.
>>
>>77661394

See, that makes sense.
>>
>>77651801
Supposedly the danish resistance used to break into cinemas during ww2 and put this cartoon on.
>>
>>77656717
Why? He voices himself in it for christ's sake.
>>
>>77653209

The bear, fox and rabbit characters showed up surprisingly often in old comics and children's books published by Disney where I live.
>>
i remember one cartoon about fighting arabs.. i thing it was about porky in the foreign legion... complete with camel mom who was working like a car

and a crazy suicide bomber who was waiting for his turn.
>>
>>77653209
also unbelievably boring even for its time standards, Coonskin was a way better take on the uncle Remus tales
>>
> be black
> coal black and the sebben dwarves is still the shit.

problematic favs ya'll.
>>
>>77663174

Um... no he doesn't.

And its banned because of the general morbid nature, combined with the fact that Robin committed suicide.
>>
>>77651801
I think one of my favorites was probably the old Warner Brothers short, "The Ducktators"

It's about as insensitive as old Warner cartoons get, but I still find it pretty amusing at points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsBG34TSJJ4
>>
>>77652624
That's not 90's Spiderman either.
>>
>>77652682
Also in BTAS the bad guys always had things like tommy guns or rocket launchers. This was because part of the way standards worked back then was that they were only allowed to have guns that a child could not easily get a hold of (like pistols or rifles). Only no good guys could every hold a gun, and guns were never allowed to be pointed at the screen.
>>
>>77657511
Because otherwise there would be no sjws.
>>
>>77666973
I loved how that worked in Sam and Max. Everything always escalated to flamethrowers and rocked launchers.
>>
>>77661049
It's not the censorship that gets me, it's just how idiotically selective it tends to be, just the fact that anything remotely sexual/suggestive tends to be straight-up banned while simultaneously being much more lenient on violence. It's honestly just backwards as all hell. I mean, people getting their fucking heads ripped off is perfectly fine, but god forbid someone shows a nipple, that's definitely not going to fuck someone up more than if was the other way around. If anything, they should be censored equally.
>>
>>77663063
There were pro-Nazis in every white nationality at the time. But the governments of most nations hated the Nazis and saw them as a major threat, for political reasons if not for idealogical ones.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.