[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally, the MCU has a great villain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: purple-man.jpg (169KB, 386x609px) Image search: [Google]
purple-man.jpg
169KB, 386x609px
>>
If you've finished watching Jessica Jones, you should definitely go back and watch Daredevil.
>>
>>77619399
had
>>
>>77619420
Thank you Wesley
>>
>>77619456
Oh yay spoilers.
>>
>>77621837
Snape kills Dumbledore
>>
>>77621837
>implying they would/could let a character with his powers and morals survive the season
>>
>>77619456
Something tells me they were trying to copy Moriarty's "death" from Sherlock.
>>
File: 1430061838097.png (352KB, 453x738px) Image search: [Google]
1430061838097.png
352KB, 453x738px
>>
>>77619399
>run of the mill telepath
>great

The state of drone delusion
>>
>>77622113
thank you Wesley
>>
File: Buttbaby.png (383KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Buttbaby.png
383KB, 500x375px
He was good but I hate how he wasn't Purple Man. "Patricia" was good too but I hate how she wasn't Hellcat. Jessica was great but I hate how she wasn't Jewel. Lastly, Frank was a good character and well written but I hate how the most he was nuke was a fucking lighter with the American flag on it.

I really like this show but I hate how it is so embarrassed of who the characters are supposed to be. Im not saying its bad before someone tries to defend it or tell me how my opinion is wrong, im just speaking as someone who was a fan of all these characters and wanted to see them actually adapted fully.

Had Killgrave actually turned purple by the very end at least I would be totally happy and not care that he wasn't before since it would then be like an origin story. But even that was a let down, I assumed thats what they were going for but it was so little. To me, thats like if Spider-Man's costume in movies never went beyond "the human spider" and he just kept that the entire time. Being Spider-Man is the character like being purple is Purple Man, not simply Killgrave.
>>
>>77622154
Kilgrave isn't a telepath.
>>
>>77623281
>Had Killgrave actually turned purple by the very end

He did turn purple after he got his upgrade injection
>>
>>77623281
wasn't it implied that she was Jewel
>>
Doctor Purple Who Man did nothing wrong.
>>
I had a hard time separating Killgrave from the doctor but he did a really good job.

>>77623584
I have the same gripe as the person you quoted and he sure didn't look purple to me, that would have been an awesome way to do it with out it being too cheesy.
>>
>>77623657
no
>>
>>77623584
Yea thats what I was refering to when I said "But even that was a let down, I assumed thats what they were going for but it was so little."

I could have made that much more clear admittedly. I mean if he went full purple or at least much more extreme and for the entire time that would have been great but he simply flashed purple for a few seconds and that was it.
>>
>>77623712
>Doctor Purple Who Man
I prefer to call him the Grapist.
>>
>>77622113
Thank you Wesley
>>
>>77623281
>I really like this show but I hate how it is so embarrassed of who the characters are supposed to be
That's the usual tone of plenty of MCU properties, they tend to make plenty of self deprecating jokes to lighten up scenes by bashing watches with "hey isn't this shit silly?"
>>
>>77627336
Thats really irrelevant, im not interested in arguing over other things.
>>
>>77622113
thank you wesley
>>
>>77622113
THANK YOU WESLEY
>>
>>77623281
This 2bh familia
>>
File: 1431241994547.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1431241994547.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
>>77622113
Thank you, Wesley.
>>
>>77622113
THANK YOU WESLEY
>>
>>77627336
Ant-Man got it right. Originally it went for the self deprecating "lol I didn't choose the name" line in the trailers, but they changed it so he was proud to be the new Ant-Man in the final cut.
>>
>>77622113
Thank you Wesley
>>
>>77622113
Thank you Wesley
>>
>>77622113
thank you Wesley ,_,
>>
File: beepboop.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
beepboop.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>77622113
>>every time
I can't seem to find a genuinely smug Wesley reaction image, any help bros?
>>
>>77622113
THANK YOU WESLEY
>>
I am so confused by this man's powers.

What if the guy he's barking orders to doesn't speak english? Does he do stuff anyway?

What if he sang the orders?

What if he told someone to kill themselves in exactly one hour, but the person had no way of keeping track of time? Would they still kill themselves in exactly one hour, or would they be confused?

What exactly are the extent of his powers? Can he just control physical actions, or can he control desires, emotions, and involuntary actions as well? Could he command your heart to stop beating, or to remember things a specific way?
>>
>>77636304
>What if the guy he's barking orders to doesn't speak english? Does he do stuff anyway?
Unclear.

>What if he sang the orders?
Would probably still work.

>What if he told someone to kill themselves in exactly one hour, but the person had no way of keeping track of time? Would they still kill themselves in exactly one hour, or would they be confused?
Probably wouldn't be very exact, but the body and mind have some vague idea of the passage of time, so they'd do it eventually.

>What exactly are the extent of his powers? Can he just control physical actions, or can he control desires, emotions, and involuntary actions as well? Could he command your heart to stop beating, or to remember things a specific way?

He could not command your heart to stop beating, no. He can tell you how to remember things (such as in Precinct 15 where he tells them to forget they ever saw him, and then again when they save that family). He can only control physical actions, and the way his powers work is that his command becomes your desire. You know you dont want to, but you have to.
>>
>>77636304
>What if the guy he's barking orders to doesn't speak english? Does he do stuff anyway?
If you can understand the command, you'll do it. Just like how you can block out the command by not being able to hear Kilgrave's voice.

>What if he sang the orders?
Still an order.

>What if he told someone to kill themselves in exactly one hour, but the person had no way of keeping track of time? Would they still kill themselves in exactly one hour, or would they be confused?
They would probably keep track of the time in their own head by counting it down by the second then.

>What exactly are the extent of his powers? Can he just control physical actions, or can he control desires, emotions, and involuntary actions as well? Could he command your heart to stop beating, or to remember things a specific way?
He can only command you do to direct actions you are in control of. He can't order your heart to stop beating, but he can order you to make it stop beating through force. He can't tell you to be truly happy, but he can make you look and act like it.
>>
>>77623281
They even fucked up by having her go by "Trish" and her hating the Patsy name by associating it with her show and abusive mother.
>>
>>77622113
Thank you Wesley.
>>
File: Mr_B.jpg (85KB, 742x758px) Image search: [Google]
Mr_B.jpg
85KB, 742x758px
>>77622113
THANK YOU

WESLEY
>>
>>77619399
The Urple Man?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.