[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw when you don't hate any comic writer and you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nxpmfjagvp1ssxc9vo6_1280.jpg (243KB, 1196x1494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxpmfjagvp1ssxc9vo6_1280.jpg
243KB, 1196x1494px
>tfw when you don't hate any comic writer and you're probably the only one one /co/
I-it can't be just me, right?
>>
They all have their strengths. They pretty much all just get terrible when they become the HOT NEW THING and the higher-ups put them on TOO MANY GODDAMNED BOOKS that they SHOULD NOT be writing.
>>
Yes, it's just you, you special snowflake.
>>
>>77617847
I don't hate anyone, there's just certain writers I avoid after having given them a shot
>>
I haven't read enough comics to have an opinion on any of the writers.
>>
Ignorance is bliss. Continue being a dolt OP.
>>
>>77617878
He probably has wicked sense of humor, too.
>>
>>77617847
I kind of hate Miller and Millar but both are kind of modernly irrelevant to comic books.
>>
>>77617847
You shouldn't hate anyone. Go through life with forgiveness in your heart
>>
File: Thing-vs-Rulk-clobberin-time.jpg (167KB, 910x673px) Image search: [Google]
Thing-vs-Rulk-clobberin-time.jpg
167KB, 910x673px
>>77617847
Im dont give a shit.
I just want to see a good brawl.
>>
>>77618007
Lol continue being casual famo
>>
>>77617847
No you aren't anon. Don't let the autist army deceive you, and if they still managed to do it, just remember /co/ is barely 5% of the comics readership.
>>
>>77617847
I don't hate them as people, but I will not read a lot of writer's work because I think their work is shit,
>>
I don't think that's weird. There are just writers I like and those I don't care about.
>>
I only hate one writer, and that's Dan Way fucking fucking ruining Thunderbolts. Fuck that guy.
>>
>tfw you don't have favorite writer because all these fuckers at one time can produce legit gold and then poop a turd
Seriously, artists are more reliable AS LONG AS COLORIST DOESN'T SUCK DICK[/SPOILER]
>>
>>77618222
>defending Miller and/or Millar unironically
Come on man.
I won't deny the influence the former had on comics, but neither are worth defending as writers.
>>
>>77617847
"Hate," is a very strong word that people use inaccurately these days, like "epic" or "literally;" though less so on that last one of late.
There are some that I like less than others, and ones I generally avoid, as in I won't buy the comic if their name is on it, but I don't think there's any writer who I see and think, "Oh good god, the comics-world would be so better off if he were DEAD!"
except Quesada; fuck that guy
Like, Bendis; generally I don't buy a book with Bendis' name on the cover, but there have been exceptions; most of which I regretted, but still.
>>
>>77619419
this tbqh family
>>
>>77617847
I don't hate any comic book writer of any comic that can be discussed in this board... then again, I don't read any comic that can be actually discussed in this board.
>>
ITT: /co/ is love
[/spoiler]how long will it last?[/spoiler]
>>
>>77619686
Miller is absolutely worth defending considering he's probably the best American Mainstream Comic creator since Kirby. He's also worth defending from people who think his modern art is shit since they can't into any of the aspects of graphic art besides "MUH FIGURESSS". On top of that to claim he's irrelevant when he's going to have the biggest selling comic of the year shows that this person is completely out of touch with the industry.
Millar is not worth defending but to claim he's irrelevant when he runs his own expanding press and has comic after comic adapted to film (which massively increases his visibility, and therefore overall influence) is casual as fuck.
>>
>>77617918
That character is literally me.
>>
>>77617847
No, I'm sure lots of casuals have no strong opinions on any writers.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.