[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People don't like this comic He doesn't do the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: 2015-11-16-dark_science_55.jpg (1MB, 960x1299px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-16-dark_science_55.jpg
1MB, 960x1299px
>People don't like this comic
He doesn't do the panel thing anymore and you people will still bitch about it.
>>
It's bad, badly written, it's cribbing a lot of shit from pop culture, and Aaron Diaz is an unbearable cocksucker.
>>
The storytelling is still bad and he still can't be assed to update more than once every 3 months.
>>
>>77607356
While the panel flow has become more readable, the art's become a lot more dull and the story is still going absolutely nowhere.
>>
>>77607356
>and you people will still bitch about it
That's because it's shit.

It's always been shit
>>
>>77607356

Where's the fetish girl? I read the comic to get some real fap bait, and this is lacking sorely.
>>
>>77607389
>>77607466
>>77608219
I've never gotten a straight answer as to why it's bad. People usually get as far as suggesting a vague discomfort with his politics and projecting that onto the quality of the comic itself.
The art is better than most capeshit simply by virtue of the artist having an exceptional command of facial expressions and color theory
>>
I mean for a thing that takes 45 seconds to read, I'm still gonna follow it even if I don't like it, (And I don't really like it.)
>>
>>77608264
>>77608264
Go home Aaron your webcomic is shit.
>>
>>77607356
I like many ideas, the story goes nowhere and he clearly lost track of anything he had planned understandable considering that he only make a page once a blue moon.

The fact that the artist claims this is a feminist comic and have an ego bigger than the world doesn't help but I stopped reading it before I even knew about this side.
>>
>>77608264
people have beef with the artist's public persona, his production schedule, and his opinions, and it directly affects how harshly they critique his work. webcomic artists are very public figures by the necessities of the way the medium works and the fact that you have to be to get a readership and turn your enterprise into a paying gig, so having a poor reputation is pretty harmful.

he seems to be striving to make amends for being an asshat though, and his art continues to improve. remember, this is /co, if people can't hate on it they literally won't post about it.
>>
>>77607356
Because even disregarding the paneling and author himself the plot is incoherent and the pacing is weird.

It's like it jumps from dot to dot without giving itself the time to actually connect them thanks to his inconsistent update schedule, leading to a story where the readers aren't very familiar with the setting, characters or history it keeps bringing up. Things keep happening and we're given no time to understand the implications of any of them, and characters do actions that make no sense to the viewer because all their development is happening offscreen or in Diaz's head.

The art is nice but the writing just isn't there to support it.
>>
>>77607356
Wait wait wait where is this shit from

The whole "ill draw someone for you" and they draw something completely different

I remember seeing this recently in some show or movie help me out here
>>
File: 1399079081037.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1399079081037.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>77608264
Diaz is a nightmare in and of himself, this is true, but Dresden Codak is shit on its own merits as well.

Firstly, the comic proper simply him jerking off over his waifu, who has little to no characterization, seeing as her personality is simply a reflection of whatever fetish Diaz happens to have at the time of writing, and his transhumanism.

Any story surrounding it is a muddled mess which is simply a hodgepodge of tropes he doesn't fully understand coated over with a thick, logy glazing of his own pretension.

Dark Science is especially bad, since nothing makes any sense at all.

Now, let's ask this question. What do you like about DC?

It sounds like you only like it because of the art, which, while above averag,e is still not very aesthetically pleasing, mainly because everything looks plasticky.

If you want a good comic with good art, go read unsounded.

Also, fuck him, Dark Science has been going on for 5(FIVE) years and currently has 55 pages. That's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>77608772
>he seems to be striving to make amends for being an asshat
His whining about Linkle says otherwise.
>>
>>77608264
The comic itself isn't ALL that bad in the scope of webcomics in general (utter incomprehensibility of Hob aside), but the fact is there's been something like 83 plot comics that have been released since 2007, which averages out to about a comic a month for the last eight years, which doesn't sound that bad.

But thing is, Aaron hasn't posted a page a month for the last eight years, he's frequently, almost regularly, gone spans of many months between updates. And when that happens, even if the comic is generally alright, you start to piss people off and get a reputation.

Even after meeting his literally thousands of dollars a month for two pages, he's struggled to manage that, and fairly recently just fucking rolled over and said he needed a month long break because he was too stressed

Without even getting into how much of a fuck he presents himself to be on social media, he's an awful webcomic creator from a reader's perspective.
>>
>>77609419
Wasn't he whining that Nintendo stole the idea of Linkle from his own Zelda fanart?

Even though his shit was about Zelda wearing a purple kokiri outfit and traveling to some country from the comic books ruled by Prince Link, which has nothing in common with Linkle's design or how she's presented in the story?
>>
>>77609448
DC isn't even good enough to follow, even if he did update regularly. I don't see you find Hob worse than Dark Science.

Hob made sense, at least, whereas Dark Science is just a string of nonsense shit out at the pace of 11 comics a year for half a decade.
>>
>>77609151
Maybe you're thinking of Hannibal, where Will is told to draw a clock and he does it all lopsided because his brain is fucked?
>>
>>77609488
Nah its not that thanks for the effort though

Maybe im thinking of some anime
>>
>INB4 Raven's Dojo shit where there's some technology fucking with the minds of the entire planet making it so nobody but the Ross' remember Serena and any attempt to represent her comes up with something else

I'm calling it, Morningstar is Kim's mother.
>>
File: image.jpg (296KB, 986x1532px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296KB, 986x1532px
>>77609467
>>
File: image.jpg (266KB, 988x1750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266KB, 988x1750px
>>77609630
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 1462x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 1462x620px
>>77609633
he is not trying to make amends. He just tries to make damage control.
>>
File: laughing_man_big_2[1].png (177KB, 1138x1024px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_man_big_2[1].png
177KB, 1138x1024px
>>77609151
You're probably thinking of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, where anyone who tried to draw The Laughing Man after seeing him in person instead drew his logo
>>
>>77609690
That did come to mind.

Maybe im just going crazy

or maybe im remembering something deeper
>>
>>77609706
START THE REACTOR
>>
>>77609690
I miss this show and nothing ever since has filled the void
>>
The story and comic, on it's own, aren't that bad. If this was an amateur webcomic guy doing a page a every other day or so, it might even be pretty good. But Aaron Diaz is a hack and a kek of the highest caliber, and considering how much money he tries to raise for his comic and how little work he does, he's practically a scam artist.
>>
>>77609763
the first season of Psycho Pass came close after about five eps in

you could try the Shadowrun Returns games too, perhaps. Dragonfall probably being the strongest.

I also recommend the Rifters Trilogy books
>>
>>77609802
I found Psycho Pass to be pretty decent all around, but not quite as HBO-tier(as in the first thing that doesn't come to mind is "this is a japanese anime") as GitS was.

I'll check out that trilogy, though. Thanks.

As far as real fields go, the closest you're going to get to real life GitS is neurocybernetics, right?
>>
>>77609690
Only if you had a cyberbrain.

>>77609622
Knowing Diaz's narrative laziness, I'd say it's equally likely that Kim's dad is evil and the reason why no one can remember Serena.
>>
>>77607356
He's a complete cunt and it's highly evident in how he writes. Why would anyone read it?
>>
>>77609840
also AI development, prosthetics, and bodyhacking, a small but cool thing in the latter field is that people figured out that a small, subdermal magnet can let you sense electromagentic waves by the slight tug of it under your skin
>>
>>77609858
when I was young it fed my transhumanism boner. I thought the Hob arc was the best webcomic thing I'd ever read back in the day
>>
File: thisguy.png (50KB, 289x319px) Image search: [Google]
thisguy.png
50KB, 289x319px
>>77608264
>exceptional command of facial expressions
>>
>>77607356
fuck off Diaz, because neo/co/ is brain dead enough to enjoy QC and dumbing of age unironically doesn't mean your shitty boring waifu garbage is allowed there.
>>
File: seatbelts.png (512KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
seatbelts.png
512KB, 1000x333px
>>77610286
>enjoying dumbing of age unironically

/co/ isn't nearly that bad yet, man. The misadventures of toedad had everybody laughing their asses and Willis crying on twitter
>>
>>77610339
Has he been Twitter-salty? I wasn't aware.
>>
>>77608264
>I've never gotten a straight answer as to why it's bad
what are you talking about, there's thousand of thread analizing why dresden codak it's so bad
>>
>>77610383
>what if Becky showed a bit of tact and the dad wasn't depicted as a remorseless strawman?
>YOU'RE RUING THE WHOLE POINT OF BECKY'S CHARACTER
>>
File: 1331714776510.jpg (54KB, 436x336px) Image search: [Google]
1331714776510.jpg
54KB, 436x336px
>>77609655
>>77609633
>>77609630

jeezus, what an insufferable little bitch.

maybe his mom will hang his shit up on the fridge so he'll shut the fuck up
>>
>>77610383
He hasn't been spectacularly salty about it, but you can still recognize the butthurt. He actually believes he's doing a serious, realistic story arc and is pissy about the /co/ edits he's been linked. Plus I think he did some copyright takedowns of people reviewing the strips.
>>
>>77607356
I have mixed feelings about DC. I stopped reading twenty-something pages into Dark Science because it was hot garbage. But a lot of the comics before then are really great. The Rupert and Hubert singles are all excellent. Summer Dream Job, Onald Creely, and Lantern Season too. In hindsight, he should have stuck to one-off comics.

>>77608170
Agreed. And he threw out a perfectly good cast of characters after Hob.

>>77609936
Ditto.
>>
>>77610407
>>77610427
toedad did nothing wrong
>>
>>77610427
>Plus I think he did some copyright takedowns of people reviewing the strips.

Then he's treasonous scum.
>>
>>77610442
Except for the kidnapping part and wearing woodland camo with a tucked-in white t-shirt, sure.
>>
>>77608264
>The art is better than most capeshit

That extra-low hurdle with the steps in front and the plank helpfully spanned over of it.
>>
>>77607356
are you implying that's good paneling? It's straightforward and intelligible now but it's boring as all hell.
>>
>>77608264
>the art is better than most capeshit
No, his figures are better. How do people not understand the difference between graphics art with page composition and storytelling in the crafting of the page and then the people inside of those pages.
This is why your opinion on Aaron Doaz is worthless.
>>
>>77609325
>Also, fuck him, Dark Science has been going on for 5(FIVE) years and currently has 55 pages. That's fucking ridiculous.
That's less than ONE page a MONTH, holy fuck
>>
>referencing the name of a character in a series while ripping off the series
Tacky.
>>
>>77608264
>The art is better than most capeshit
his anatomy sucks
>the artist having an exceptional command of facial expressions
almost 90% percent of his face expresions are people surprised, no one smiles, or cry or pout, they just hace this grumpy face
>color theory
again, he just knows the basics, every deviantartist knows how to handle color
also his perspective is awful, he doesn't know how to handle dinamic movement and he can't make an intresting shot for his life, he's just a medicore artist with a lot of cheap tricks in his pages
>>
>>77607356
>you people will still bitch about it.

So we can't criticize Diaz's comic, but he can criticize everything he wants?
>>
>>77611363

Supposedly, that makes it an "homage" instead of a rip-off.

Seriously, though, Aaron is a terrible person and his comic is objectively flawed, but I still read it. The art is pretty and I'm a sucker for settings like his.
>>
>>77609841
>Only if you had a cyberbrain
Yeah but that was basically everybody, except that one guy (Togusa? I forget)

>>77610286
>unironically

Diaz's main problem is, as I'm sure is true for most people, that he's fucking lazy. For main plot strips, he averages ~0.8 comics per month for the past decade. His comic's other flaws would be more forgivable if it wasn't apparent he spends more time on his twitter than his comic.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.