[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>That one stupid vampire that wants to wage open warfare on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 74

>That one stupid vampire that wants to wage open warfare on humanity even thought there's like a thousand vampires at most.
>>
>Waging war on your food source at all

Even if there were a billion vampires, he would still be a fucking idiot
>>
'What is Sabbat Fledgling?' for 500 dollars, Stan.
>>
File: The Major.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Major.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>77600836

>That one nazi who wants to wage open warfare on humanity even though theres like a thousand vampires at most
>>
>>77600921
What is Israel?
Namcobgames for 500.
>>
>>77600900
Wasn't there a semi-recent movie about that? The name escapes me, but I believe the premise was that the vamps conquered the world, overfed, and had to stock the few remaining humans in farms. Kinda dumb when you think about it.
>>
>>77600836
>that one stupid terrorist that wants to wage warfare on humanity even thought theirs like a thousand terrorists at most
>>
>>77601070
dawnbreakers

beautiful scenes
>>
>>77601070
Daybreakers? It's not that recent.
>>
>>77600836
That one stupid human who wants to wage open warfare on humanity even tho there are like billions of humans.
>>
>>77600921
He wanted to die in a war tho.

He had a fetish for war.

And they just destroyed a city, I mean, the thing was considered a terrorist attack instead of a war. The hole point is that he failed, even if he is based.
>>
>>77601070
Was that recent?
It feels like it was close to 10 years.
Hold on, I've got to check.
>>
>>77600921
>That one nazi who wants to wage open warfare

That was his motive. The whole "destroy Alucard" was a distant second to "wage as much war as possible".
>>
>>77600836
It depends on the kind of vampires
If the vampires has multiple weaknesses (decapitation, stake into heart, holy cross/water, garlic, silver, or light ect).

But if the vampires are basically mutants that have almost no weaknesses and tons of superpowers that make them unlikable by mortal means, then it does make me wonder why throughout history, they have not just conquered humans and made them slaves/cattle.
>>
>>77600836

You have to admit that Stan is making it work pretty wrll so far.
>>
>>77601175
Ok, my sense of time must be off more than normal.
It's only been 6 years since that movie came out.
>>
>>77600836
>That one stupid vampire who names himself something obvious like Coachveratu or Dr. Acula
>>
>>77601191
cause they can't defeat the sun. we can fight at night, they can't fight in the day
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>77600921
>that one nazi who wants to wage open war on vampires but there's only 2 of them
>>
>>77601247
>Coachveratu

I have no idea why I'm laughing so fucking hard.
>>
>>77601247
Loved that after credits joke on Rick and Morty

>From now on, when a vampire is pretending to be a human, just call yourself, Allan Jefferson or something, no more of this wordplay crap.
>>
>>77601191
>But if the vampires are basically mutants that have almost no weaknesses and tons of superpowers that make them unlikable by mortal means, then it does make me wonder why throughout history, they have not just conquered humans and made them slaves/cattle.
You're talking about Twilight, aren't you? That's all just one big headache, anon. Let it be.
>>
>>77601191

God/gods/aliens actually gave a shit in the past and endowed certain humans with powers made explicitly for fucking vampires up the ass.

Fast forward and humans are a bit less pious in their sky wizard and are now more than capable of fucking up vampires on their lonesome.
>>
>>77601331

a bit less pious and have less faith in their sky wizard*

Vampires given too much bullshit hax without any weakness just creates too many problems in explaining a setting on how they haven't managed to take over everything, unless there are other supernatural forces at work that are even more powerful and frightening than they are that keep them in hard check.
>>
File: 30don-bg-2.jpg (290KB, 2600x2094px) Image search: [Google]
30don-bg-2.jpg
290KB, 2600x2094px
So 30 Days of Night thread?
>>
>>77601270
>
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 913x1127px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 913x1127px
Castlevania Dracula may be the only exception to the rule. He made himself the second most powerful being to ever exist. Second in the sense only God is higher.

He doesn't need blood. He just got sick of humanity's shit.

He obly has one weakness, a specific whip used by a specific family, but nothing can actually perma-beat him.

He managed to create a self that survived himself. When his soul was forcibly separated from his own power, he found he just reincarnates now and that Dracula will always exist, even if another soul wears the mantle.
>>
>>77601217
When speaking movies, I'm not sure I'd call that recent
>>
reminded me of Mignola Vampires, who are just biding their time until humans forget how to fight vampires and then are going to tear shit up
>>
>>77601471
Did they ever advance the story past Bloodrayne 2?
Because that was a damn abrupt ending.
>>
>>77600918
There are probably way more than a thousand vampires in OWoD. There's probably way more than a thousand in just the USA.
>>
>>77601805
Don't know about OWoD, but NWoD gives the figure of 1 per 10,000 humans.
>>
>>77601805
Sure there were. But there's also all kinds of other horrific shit that won't put up with vampires trying to take over. Not to mention that vampires are powerful and durable, but there's still fuckloads more human beings and even normal weapons can kill a vampire eventually.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (11KB, 219x187px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
11KB, 219x187px
>>77601989
Oh, yeah, of course.

>yfw when the coy Ventrue double-dealer wasn't a Ventrue at all
>yfw when you realize this just after cornering him
>yfw he enters Apocalyptic Form, spreads his angelic wings, and explodes into a nova of white-hot divine flame
>>
>>77601191
Because it almost every setting that vampires have existed, they already tried and failed. In those settings, humankind's only real weakness is mortality. Vampires have quasi-immortality but also exist in backbiting, insular societies that are more likely to tear each other apart than human societies. They can't get their shit together as well as a bunch of scared humans fighting for the same cause.
>>
>>77602154
Vampires are like asexually reproducibg spiders.
Territorial, aggressive, not fond of their own, and usually sedentary.
>>
>>77602270
That's a pretty apt description.
>>
>>77601070
That's also the premise of the comic Broken Moon. Werewolves fight back, and the remaining humans join them and the other monsters. Dr Frankenstein has created THOUSANDS of monsters. Shit gon' git rull.
>>
>>77602319
What about the mummies?
>>
>>77602367
The corpses of ancient kings that are possessed by energy based extra-dimensional beings who secretly contacted ancient civilizations for the sole purpose of tricking them into preparing those kings' dead bodies for possession; doing so under the guise of gods and spirits.

Take that to the bank.
>>
>>77602444
No, I meant are they siding with the vampires, the human/wolf/Frank coalition, are they neutral, or are they against everyone?

That description kicks ass, I will take that to the bank.
>>
>>77601548

>forget how to fight vampires

So they're literally going to be waiting forever. Humans forget a lot of things. How to be kind, how to be at peace. We forget our loved ones and even our names.

But we never forget how to kill, let alone how to kill a monster.
>>
>>77601501
>Dracula this powerful

Satan must be pissed
>>
>>77601548
>Humans forgetting that the sun kills vampires

Really vampires just need to get over that specific hurdle. Even in hundreds of thousands of years humans will know shit is up when General Acula refuses to engage in warfare during the day.
>>
>>77602572
One of Drac's first actions was enslaving him.
Along with everything else includibg Cthulu.
>>
https://youtu.be/iXpxnxAL62A

This is my take on vampires.
>>
>>77602625
>Really vampires just need to get over that specific hurdle.

Also the hurdle that involves getting your head blown the fuck off. And fire. Fire is a pretty big hurdle.
>>
File: Yes God.jpg (28KB, 432x401px) Image search: [Google]
Yes God.jpg
28KB, 432x401px
>>77601247
>Dr. Acula
>>
File: Hulk laughs at you.png (237KB, 154x508px) Image search: [Google]
Hulk laughs at you.png
237KB, 154x508px
>>77602625
>General Acula
Please stop, these are making me laugh harder than I should be
>>
>>77601321
I thought that Twilight vampires were too territorial to do shit like that. Plus Twilight vamps are still weak to fire.

>>77601805
Yeah, but they're spread out, lethally competitive, and mid-tier as far as supernaturals in OWoD go. Bloodlines is pretty good about showing exactly how few vampires their are, about two dozen Camarilla and Anarchs, of which at least three die during the game. There are a bunch more Sabbat, but they're most recently turned cannon fodder under the command of a handful of higher ups.
>>
>>77602856
Lami, nun.
Los Feratü.
>>
File: 1283976319504.jpg (30KB, 573x467px) Image search: [Google]
1283976319504.jpg
30KB, 573x467px
>>77600836
>That one retarded who act like gay flamboyant vampires were invented by Stephenie Meyer
>>
Werewolves are more dangerous.

None of that pussy can't cross running rivers or need to be invited to come in bullshit. Plus aren't they invincible aside from silver? Meaning you can fuck them up with an AK47 but unless it had silver bullets they're just gonna heal up Wolverine style and end up more pissed than ever. Only downside is that they generally don't have control in beast form and have to wait for a full moon. But if they find a way to turn on command, just sneak a bunch of untransformed ones into an enemy stronghold and go to town. Like suicide bombers, only they explode into whirling tornadoes of claws teeth and death.
>>
File: 1273629387353.jpg (27KB, 485x402px) Image search: [Google]
1273629387353.jpg
27KB, 485x402px
>>77603026
>that one eddy kid who always throw werewolves in vampire discussions

Now we all need is a nerd zombie fanboy
>>
>>77602708
/tg/ is in the middle of writing a Castlevania RPG.

They summarized his canon origin and powers too.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Castlevania
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 177x247px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 177x247px
>>77603071
Onryo fuck literally everything's shit up. They kill you, the end. No defense, no escape unless they don't want to kill you. But they almost always do.
>>
>>77603163
>that font
>nothing personnel, kid
>>
>>77603026
>Plus aren't they invincible aside from silver?

No. Fire kills them, explosions kill them, wolfsbane kills them, physical trauma to the brain kills them.

I mean, fuck, even regular old lead bullets will kill them if you shoot them enough. It's just a matter of tearing them the fuck up to the point of death before they can heal.
>>
>>77603071
Fuck zombies I'm go full venomancer and ruin everyones day.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 484x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 484x720px
>>77603190
Sorry, here's a better image.
>>
>>77603071
Except zombies are almost always the lowest tier. Even mummies have some kind of weird Egyptian magic thing going on.
>>
>>77603308

I feel like I'm the only one who actually enjoyed this movie

Mostly got tricked into thinking the thing would run like The Ring, where they have to run against the clock to solve the mystery. But no. Ghosts kill you in funny ways. That's it. I liked it.

what if they want o kill you because in the afterlife there's no friends to play around
>>
>>77600836
>Vampires have clans, noble houses and international conspiracies which somehow never attract the attention of anyone but other vampires
I can't stand this. You have a whole species of superhuman parasites running around killing hundreds of people every day in ways no one else ever could and somehow there aren't UN death squads burning their mansions down? That's not getting into the fact that the families themselves are always made up of the same one-note foppish arrogant faggots who blather on and on about how superior giant tapeworms are to the species which them a million to one and could kill them all in month. Why can't vampires just be fucking monsters again?
>>
>>77603405
You don't get to bring friends.
>>
File: Beckett.jpg (24KB, 369x479px) Image search: [Google]
Beckett.jpg
24KB, 369x479px
>>77600836
>faggot is breaking the masquerade
kill him immediately
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 162x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 162x401px
>>77603405
In The Ring, you still die. The copy making is a first movie fakeout.

Onryo fit into the Japanese idea of reincarnation. For every pleasure, you must suffer. For every indulgance, there's a kind if spiritual debt you owe. Work, or contributing positevely to the world or doing great feats all pay off spiritual debt.

When you die they tally how much you owe the universe up. If you owe a LOT you become a demon and go to hell until some saintly spirit tries to reform your soul.
If you owe but weren't Caligula, you go to a kind of afterlife prison to suffer until you're neutral then go back again.
If you're good, you ascend to a higher plane and get to enjoy paradise. But you can overindulge in paradise and get booted down to Earth again.

If someone suffers so much the universe owes THEM big time, like holocaust experiment victims for example, you can't leave. The world owes you a huge fucking debt. So you stay as a ghost and extract your debt from the world as you see fit.

The ones who are owed a lot, and are full of bitterness or were rendered mentally ill by it? They kill, and kill, and kill, and kill...basically without end until their hate fizzles itself out or they depopulate an area. In The Grudge, she eventally kills all of Japan other than her sister. Who goes crazy.
>>
>>77603518
I assume all the hidden stuff is done by some kind of dark magic. Like, they're allowed to operate in secret because of it but can't use it to take over the world for some bullshit magic reason. It's kind of stupid yeah.

I like classy noble vampires, but in a modern setting it does come across as a little weird, what with the internet and all. An evil count could lay low and suck the blood of maidens all he wants in olden times, but in modern times he should have people google earthing his mansion and sending him prank pizza calls within the hour.
>>
>>77603632
>Evil vampire senators that need to cast magic spells once in a while to change appearance and get reelected.
>Every once in a while another vampire gets uppity and tries to fuck up that vampire's election.
>That one asshole vampire that holds three senator's seats at once and is a general dick to the other vampires.

I kinda need this now.
>>
File: michael-morning[1].jpg (1MB, 900x1243px) Image search: [Google]
michael-morning[1].jpg
1MB, 900x1243px
>>77603606
>The ones who are owed a lot, and are full of bitterness or were rendered mentally ill by it? They kill, and kill, and kill, and kill...basically without end until their hate fizzles itself out or they depopulate an area. In The Grudge, she eventally kills all of Japan other than her sister. Who goes crazy.

St.Micheal wouldn't stand for this jap bullshit.
>>
>>77603709
>God
>giving a shit about Japan
>>
>>77602625
if i remember correctly all the "death by the sun" was from Nosferatu, in folklore and the book they are only weaker or something.
>>77602561
it was not only so humans forget their weakness they wanted humans to stop believing they exist and developing and improving how to kill them (vampires),
>>
File: 1325139333544.jpg (45KB, 408x459px) Image search: [Google]
1325139333544.jpg
45KB, 408x459px
>>77603606

But what if the grudge spirit causes more grudge by killing relentless all those people?
>>
>>77603844
Grudge Match
>>
>>77603773

found the heathen
>>
>>77601270
Didn't the Pillar Men have an army of vamps though?
>>
>>77601548
Wouldn't it be much smarter to gradually spread consistent misinformation, as opposed to relying on humans to just straight-up forget how to kill something? Some bullshit like "well, in [such and such] folklore, vampires could only be PERMANENTLY killed under the light of a blue moon, with an 8K Golden Crucifix about 13 inches long. Wooden stakes? Nah, those don't work at all, that was made up so peasants wouldn't lose their shit over a vampire plague. Not even regular crosses or sunlight really do the trick, all that shit does is provoke them... If they were real, which of course they're not."
>>
>>77602444

That sounds so fucking cool
>>
>>77603709

Angels and demon slayers are completely unfair in these things. Too op.
>>
>>77602928
>Anne Rice is pissed Meyer stole her schtick.
>She even more pissed she didn't make the glitter.
>>
>>77604814
I honestly hate Anne Rice for popularizing fagpires.
>>
>>77604918
As well you should. Her level of writing was 50 Shades level.
>>
File: I've made a huge mistake.jpg (13KB, 362x334px) Image search: [Google]
I've made a huge mistake.jpg
13KB, 362x334px
>>77603709
>>
File: Japanese Madonna and Child.jpg (979KB, 1144x1784px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese Madonna and Child.jpg
979KB, 1144x1784px
>>77604516
Is that supposed to be a Japanified Yahweh like the Japanified Madonna? Because god looks pretty fucking baller right there, unlike his poor son who got saddled with a bowl cut.
>>
>>77605149
>that thousand yard stare
>>
>>77603377
the goon protects us from zeds
>>
>>77605149
That's Amakusa Shirou from the Samurai Spirits games.

In real life, he's probably the most famous Japanese Christian martyr.
yet he's often portrayed as a satanic figure
>>
>can't come into your house unless you invite them
>drop a bunch of rice on the ground and they have to count it
>can't bite me if I have AIDs cause then they get AIDs

Vampires are bitches.
>>
>>77602444
Fuck that's such a cool idea. I'm getting this thing.
>>
>>77603606
>In The Grudge, she eventally kills all of Japan other than her sister.
Wait, what? When did that happen? I've got a huge boner for apocalyptic horror.
>>
File: Vampire count.jpg (165KB, 626x848px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire count.jpg
165KB, 626x848px
>>77605375
>>can't come into your house unless you invite them
breaking into people's houses is rude 2bh
>>drop a bunch of rice on the ground and they have to count it
Count von Count is a pretty powerful vampire, he's immune to sunlight
so don't give him shit over his Arithmomania
>>can't bite me if I have AIDs cause then they get AIDs
why not?
nothing wrong with having aids when you are a walking corpse
>>
>>77605375
>they can just burn down your house or hypnotize you into letting them in
>Shit sucks, but hey
>implying vampires get AIDs
>>
>>77605612
>climb a teee
>this is my house now
>can't get me unless I invite them in
>keep doing this until the sun comes up

Problem vampires?
>>
>>77605375
>drop a bunch of rice on the ground and they have to count it

I'd love to see this in a super serious vampire book. Climactic battle between the hero and the suave vampire 2cool4u lord, and he gets blown the fuck out because he has to stop and count rice.
>>
File: 6.gif (417KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
6.gif
417KB, 500x270px
>>77605375
Someone didn't watch the Fright Night remake. Shame on you.
>>
>>77605665
Does that actually even work? They can still burn down the tree.

Fuck, they can still just grab you ass since they aren't going inside the tree.
>>
>>77605673

They did that in X-files. I think it was marbles though? I forget.
>>
>>77605612
>implying vampires get AIDs
The Hemo-goblin would like a few words with you.
>>
>>77605704
>watching a remake of a classic horror movie
>ever

Nigga.

NIGGA.
>>
>>77605734
it was honestly a pretty fun remake. I was worried too, but its genuinely a fun little romp.
>>
>>77604600
>At least a hundred
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hundred_vs._Two_Strategy_(Episode)
>>
>>77603264
â–ºWell Warded
>>
>>77605301

The guy claimed to be the second coming of Christ, so yeah that's Revelations 'false prophet' tier blasphemy there.
>>
>>77601586
Uwe Boll pretty much poisoned the well.
BloodRayne had a shitload of potential and she's actually /co/ related. Her comic sold pretty well for a licensed IP younger than the 80's, and she's way more endearing than her character archetype has any right to be.
>>
File: [Yandere Laughter Intensifies].jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
[Yandere Laughter Intensifies].jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
In most of my settings like to treat vampires as glass cannons. They have a LOT of weaknesses, but a lot of nasty tricks; they're fueled by blood in the way an overloaded war machine burns through ammo and gas. Since they're apex predators, they have immense energy needs and tend to fall to lethargy when not motivated.

I like to make them mega cannibals too. They want blood, meat, organs, all of it, and they are fucking hungry. Blood is just how they limit themselves, if they get too hungry or crazed, they'll just start straight up eating people alive.

How do you all like to style vampirism? Mine is a weird demonic blood parasite that infests your body, so you're not actually dead, just deathly sick and malformed by it and its needs. Half of the hunger is a cordyceps-style instinctual madness forced by the sickness to perpetuate itself.
>>
>>77602572
Dracula beats the shit out of Satan and enslaves a couple old ones within his castle.
The castle itself is the manifestation of a cthonian entity given shape by Dracula's will.

Then again in Castlevania, Dracula's one power is literally "To rule", everything else comes from the entities he rules over as explained in the "Sorrow" games.
>>
File: AN ECLIPSE IS HAPPENING.jpg (110KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
AN ECLIPSE IS HAPPENING.jpg
110KB, 500x500px
>>77606370
I kinda of like that. He's a conceptual King piece on a cosmic game board. Dracula himself isn't extraordinarily powerful in a brawl, and besides the usual demon form his powers are typicall "Fireballs" "Teleport" "Laugh" and "Bats Fucking Everywhere"

But with the power to rule, supernaturally, he has entire armies of the mythic and that whole damn castle to do his will. Well. Before a bunch of cosplayers rush in and BDSM him to another death.
>>
>>77603026
All monsters are wear to fire, most are weak to decapitation and extensive brain trauma.
If a single predator was Wolverine-tier, we'd all be dead.
>>
>>77603518
If you knew the ammount of prostitutes/escorts that dissapear each year, you wouldn't find it so impossible.
Besides vampires feed once (a pint), each moon cycle. You don't even need to kill a single person for that.
>>
File: LOCK THE FUCKING DOORS.jpg (56KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
LOCK THE FUCKING DOORS.jpg
56KB, 1200x800px
Ok, someone with science tell me why this would be a catastrophically bad idea;

Vampire Lord or coven, old one I imagine, finally figure out how to get the moon to eclipse the sun. They find that while they're weaker in an eclipsed sun, they're way the hell safer and stronger than any direct sunlight, especially because of the mythical connotations.

So they decide that they're going to figure out a way to alter the path of the moon, such that it either causes incredibly frequent eclipses, or causes an eclipse every day over a certain area, granting them semi-perpetual night.

Ignoring the massive wars with werewolves this would entail, how apocalyptic would the world become if the moon ended up subtly changing to such a pattern?

As another idea, maybe eclipses actually make vampires go super saiyan or some shit, so they're actually incredibly valuable if stymied by being a world-known and locational variable.
>>
>>77606521
>Besides vampires feed once (a pint), each moon cycle
According to...?
>>
>>77606521
>Besides vampires feed once (a pint), each moon cycle.

Dude, that's such a 'depends on the story/setting/myth' thing that it's useless to state. Unless you do mean a specific setting.
>>
>>77606535
>finally figure out how to get the moon to eclipse the sun
That's easy. You just wait.
>>
>>77604604
>Wouldn't it be much smarter to gradually spread consistent misinformation
Like "vampires are killed by sunlight"?
Yes.
>>
>>77606564
I meant on a regular and much more frequent basis. Like vampire magic ritual bullshitfucking the moon to follow a course plotted out with the sun to ensure MAXIMUM eclipse time, all the time.
>>
>>77606592
And why wouldn't NASA notice this?
>>
File: 1423193639905.png (407KB, 613x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423193639905.png
407KB, 613x720px
>>77606615
What if NASA was vampires?
>>
File: 1413158085836.jpg (161KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
1413158085836.jpg
161KB, 534x800px
>>77606615
Well they would. It'd probably be the start of the whole campaign, with PCs either from or knowing NASA somehow to figure it out way before anyone else does.

NASA Fights Vampires wasn't what I had in mind, but fuck it.
>>
File: Rayne vs Lycan.jpg (181KB, 660x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Rayne vs Lycan.jpg
181KB, 660x1000px
>>77603026
Vampires>Werewolves in every setting save for WoD and Underworld.
In some settings the power disparity is so great a vamire lord rules over endless packs of wolves, or can exterminate a whole pack by himself.
>>
>>77603026
they can only turn into Werewolves when full moon
>>
>>77601321
>>77602890
Is it bad I'm actually kind of excited for the upcoming Rule 63 Twilight? Granted, I've never read any of the books or watched any of the movies. I'm just excited for any potential shitstorms it could cause.
>>
File: 1437404347807.png (43KB, 627x266px) Image search: [Google]
1437404347807.png
43KB, 627x266px
I'm too fucking drunk for this thread...
>>
>>77602444
A dried up corpse that could fall apart if exposed to fucking air doesn't sound like a good candidate for possession.
>>
>>77606916
We're talking supernatural beings here, dummy. The whole ritual is probably some weird life-long royalty worship and death rite that makes the mummy body become supernaturally strong when possessed.

Maybe they're like, death mecha.
>>
I always assumed the reason that vampires, or whatever supernatural shit is going on, doesn't just take over the world, enslave humanity and turn them into cattle, etc is because then it'd be too boring.
>>
>>77604516
He looks like that kid that wore flame shirts in middle school.
>>
>>77607047
that or because it's insanely easy to kill them

Vampires are these immortal beings with super strength, speed, and other things but there are so many things that can kill them
>>
>>77606211
>Second game sets up a sequel
>Uwe Boll shits all over the franchise and ruins any chance of us getting a third game

I'm still salty over this.

and talk to me about "betrayal", that game was shit and you know it.
>>
>>77605673
>put little robots on the rice
>rice constantly climb up something, a tree, wall, lamp post, whatever, and continuously fall onto the ground
>vampire is trapped until something kills them
>>
>>77606659
>Astronauts vs. Vampires
I'd rent it on VHS
>>
>>77606659
>NASA is trying to figure out how to move humanity to the stars to leave vampires, werewolves, and all the other supernatual things behind to die with Earth
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 470x614px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 470x614px
>>77603844
Onryo usually kill too quickly.

The exception is when the tormented spirits they've killed join their curse, but always as unspeaking severed heads I think.

But there's a lot of different disembodied head ghosts.

Japan honestly is the country with the best horror folklore I think, if only for sheer diversity.
>>
>>77607083
>there are so many things that can kill them

What's something that can kill a vampire but not a human?
>>
>>77600836
Some motherfuckers are always trying to iceskate uphill.
>>
>>77605530
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ju-On_(franchise)

Not sure, but there's a lot it could be.
The movie ends with just showing the empty streets.
>>
let's be honest. Vampires where cool exactly once and even then there was still plenty of gay to go around
>>
>>77607326
Fuck that.
The story is a clusterfuck, and it is directly responsible for that God of War shit.
>>
>>77606762

>Bloodrayne

Fuck yes.
>>
>>77607232
Sunlight.
>>
>>77606615
Hey, what happens if you put a werewolf in the moon?
>>
>>77607412
Apotheosis.
>>
>>77607099
>Betrayal
99.9% of BloodRayne's charm was Rayne's personality and Laura Bailey's voice.
What does Betrayal do? Change the first and remove the second, of course.
>>
>>77607351
Every time travel story is a clusterfuck.
At least this one had excellent voice acting, grandilocuent dialogue and a gorgeous non-earth, post-apoc aesthetic.
>>
File: 1424968960552.png (161KB, 437x481px) Image search: [Google]
1424968960552.png
161KB, 437x481px
>>77607351
>The story is a clusterfuck
not really. It's pretty straight forward once you get the hang of the setting's rules.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 404x600px
>>77607384
In Chinese folklore, I think you just have to remove the spell that keeps them in the world of the living.

In south Asian countries, they can be helpful or evil and the difference is how you greet them and if you're pregnant.
>>
>>77603071

>that one eddy kid

Don't you mean that one Ed kid?
>>
File: I+LOVE+JESUS+T+SHIRT+WHITE.jpg (19KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
I+LOVE+JESUS+T+SHIRT+WHITE.jpg
19KB, 800x800px
>>77603071
Zombies reporting in
>>
>>77601271

It's a joke from Rick and Morty
>>
>>77603026
Isn't Silver too soft of a metal to use as bullets in modern firearms? Probably the best you could do is bullets with a silver jacket but that'd be it.
>>
>>77603606
Do you have a link to this information?

Japanese reincarnation is a VERY interesting belief-system.
>>
>>77608057
Lead is softer than silver.
>>
>>77608413
Soft might not be the word I'm looking for. I don't really know much about firearms.
>>
>>77608629
That's obvious.
>>
>>77607384
weakness yes out right kill them i think is a newer idea. hell bran stroke dracula straight out walked in the day light with the only effect was not being at full strength, but i am not to sure about the eastern europe tales.
>>
>>77608716
The first ever vampire to die with the sun was Nosferatu.
And it was a way to claim the movie sufficiently different from Dracula and avoid lawsuits.
>>
>>77608057

On a dumb monster hunting reality show, silver was determined to be too hard.
>>
>>77610947

It was the one about "La Bête du Gévaudan", where they hd two dudes, a former cop and a cryptozoologist, investigate The Beast story. IIRC, they test-fired a silver bullet from a flintlock.
>>
>>77609074
Don't think that it helped; Stoker's heirs got ll but a coupe of copies destroyed due to a lawsuit.
>>
>>77611007
yeah, it was one of those things that would have been lost forever if not for bootleg tapes
>>
>>77605673

They did this in one of the Dracula 2000 films.

The vampire was so 2cool4u OP that he somehow counted all of the rice before it even hit the ground.
>>
>>77605734
John Carpenter's The Thing and the Day of the Dead remake want to have a word with you.
>>
>>77611943
I meant Dawn of the Dead. The one with the mall.
>>
>>77607588
kek/10
>>
>>77608057
It has shitty ballistics due to weight and hardness and might damage your barrel from repeated firings, but nothing is stopping you from using it as a bullet. The real issue is that silver contracts while it cools and requires a lot of heat to melt so defects in casting bullets are frequent and hard to redo. You're better off making silver shot and sticking it in a 12 gauge.
>>
>>77602108
demons were so fucking cool
>>
File: 1371269164105.png (22KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
1371269164105.png
22KB, 291x300px
>>77603026
>any fiction that has it's werewovles turn into just wovles
>>
>>77603844
Then you get a tantrum spiral.
>>
>>77603026
Werewolfags are just closeted furries
>>
>>77601070
It was the initial premise of a recent anime called Seraph of the End, too. Humans mostly wiped themselves out with a biological weapon gone wrong, so vampires stepped up and gathered the survivors for their own protection. Then in the second episode it turned into a show about high school kids fighting each other with magic powers because god fucking dammit, Japan.
>>
>>77612246
RIP in dorf fortress :(
>>
>>77603606
>If someone suffers so much the universe owes THEM big time, like holocaust experiment victims for example, you can't leave. The world owes you a huge fucking debt. So you stay as a ghost and extract your debt from the world as you see fit.
>The ones who are owed a lot, and are full of bitterness or were rendered mentally ill by it? They kill, and kill, and kill, and kill...basically without end until their hate fizzles itself out or they depopulate an area. In The Grudge, she eventally kills all of Japan other than her sister. Who goes crazy.

Isn't that unfair to their victims though? Doesn't the universe owe them some shit and we get in an ouroboros of appeasing ghosts?
>>
>>77607412
SCUD the Disposable Assassin had a villain for an arc like this. He wanted to make the moon perpetually full so hed be an all powerful werewolf all the time.

He got jettisoned out of the space craft and exploded in the decompression of space. But since werewolves can only be destroyed by silver, he reformed... And got blown up again.

He orbits the moon forever, blowing up and reforming for all eternity.
>>
>>77601070
There's a short story with that idea in one of Max Brook's books.
>>
>>77612127
They were.

I actually can't decide whether I like Demon: The Fallen or Demon: The Descent more. They're both really neat takes on the concept. And they're both amazing to throw at unsuspecting PCs, too. A vampire group that has grown overconfident from success - whether oWoD or nWoD - is just begging to be introduced to someone with a two-dot power better than most of their five-dots.
>>
>>77607326
>Vampires where cool exactly once
Bram Stoker's Dracula?
>>
>>77612686
kek
>>
File: 1431628727198.jpg (168KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
1431628727198.jpg
168KB, 500x586px
>>77612743
A clever and resourceful changeling or group of changelings can also be a nightmare to deal with as well, particularly if they know exactly how to word pledges.
>>
>>77600921
His goal wasn't winning, his goal was to wage one last war. He never expected to win.
>>
File: 1447131337073.jpg (7KB, 249x228px) Image search: [Google]
1447131337073.jpg
7KB, 249x228px
>>77601270
>Pillar men
>Vampires

They preferred eating vampires more than they did humans, ya goof.
>>
>>77603026
I'm a big fan of werewolves and vampires being roughly equal power level, Hellblazer did it well.
>>
How viable vampires are as a race basically amounts to how much they have to eat in relation to population growth, and whether or not feeding kills the human. You could easily get as high as 1 in 100 people being a vamp if they feed non-lethally, although 1 in 10k would work if they feed lethally once every 4 days.

I'd imagine a vampire manor kind of being like the playboy mansion, actually, except instead of sex you occasionally get bitten by Heffner.
>>
>>77603071
Flesh eating > Brain eating
>>
>>77606535
Only one way to do this; align the revolutions of the moon and the rotation of earth so that the moon is constantly between the earth and the sun.
>>
>>77607232
Being submerged in running water.
>>
>>77602708
cthulhu ain't shit honestly, but yeah castlevania drac is pretty crazy.
>>
File: Gruftine__Spider_.png (562KB, 505x990px) Image search: [Google]
Gruftine__Spider_.png
562KB, 505x990px
Oh boy, is this a cute vampire thread?
>>
>>77611943
And Rob Zombie would like to have a word with you
>>
>>77603026
What's the difference between a werewolf, and a wolfman?
>>
File: 1442229626569.jpg (15KB, 234x224px) Image search: [Google]
1442229626569.jpg
15KB, 234x224px
>>77605665
>>
>>77611778
That made me unreasonably upset
>>
>>77614382

Werewolves are humans that turn into wolves, wolfmen are bipedal/humanoid wolves that turno into quadruped wolves.
>>
File: images (9).jpg (5KB, 185x104px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
5KB, 185x104px
>>77600836
You want to know what can kill a vampire? a vampires vampire
>>
>>77605375
I've been wondering about all those supernatural kryptonites. Since the dawn of humanity all cultures have been making up deadly horrors that stalk us in the night, and they all give them ridiculous weaknesses. Vampires just get it the worst because they're popular and tend to get rewritten a lot.

What gives?
>>
>>77602561
no sun, or wooden stakes in SPACE!
>>
>>77603844
then you get a Poltergheist.
>>
>>77605734
fright night remake is fantastic. you just sound dumb suggesting otherwise.
>>
>>77601165

What? He didn't fail at all. He got a massive war that completely annihilated London only leaving like 2 flatscan humans alive. He bested Hellsings monster and even managed to get Iscariots heavy hitter to die in the process. He even got to die in battle just like he wanted to. The major got everything he wanted and more.
>>
>>77600836
If we are talking about modern vampires who can walk in the sun and all.
Why wouldn't humans want to be vampires?

>Live longer
>Can't die from diseases and less need for medical care
>Don't require sleep
>Super abilities

It's literally like just waking up one day as an upgraded human.

Same reason I never understood why Alphonse wanted his body back when his metal armor was superior.
>>
>>77613112
So did the antediluvians.
>>
>>77614382

You can wear wolf, but you can't wolf man.
>>
Okay, what if a vampire from another species bites a vampire? Like in American Vapire they have different types of vampires? Could we get super vampires?
>>
File: 2014-02-05-27p10[1].jpg (295KB, 792x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2014-02-05-27p10[1].jpg
295KB, 792x1152px
>>77605673
>>
File: vambie.jpg (29KB, 450x314px) Image search: [Google]
vambie.jpg
29KB, 450x314px
>>77614733
>>
>>77614692
>Same reason I never understood why Alphonse wanted his body back when his metal armor was superior.
It's probably really uncomfortable to live with.
Also, his life is literally hanging on an easily erased blood sign.
>>
>>77614692

Screamland addressed this - society is not built around people that live forever, so being a vampire gets really impractical. Dracula had to put up with a lot of inconveniences, like not being able to return to his castle after WWI because suddenly being an aristrocrat was bad and the soviets owned everything, having to get a job despite hating working because he was used to certain standards of living, not being able to 'retire' because he needed an stable income FOREVER, and having a shit love life because every single person he ever cared for either died a human or they broke up after a certain amount of time, so he was stuck with unfulfilling one night stands.
>>
>>77614795
kek
>>
>>77614692
>Same reason I never understood why Alphonse wanted his body back when his metal armor was superior.

no dick
>>
>>77614738
I read this book that said being an autistic vampire is a perk because they can count the grains super fast, Rainman style.
>>
>>77606243
I like to style them as drug addicts.
in a state off euphoria when they're full on blood, batshit insane when they haven't had their fix.
a vampire full of blood has skin like rock and is mostly immune to sunlight, but is weak to holy objects and running water.
A vampire with no blood is frail, fragile, and will go up like a roman candle when exposed to sunlight, but is immune to holy relics because there's nothing human in them for the relics to resonate with.
>>
Did any of you ever read Life Sucks? Seemed kinda reasonable for todays vampires
>>
>Can not go out in sunlight
>Can not enter home without invitation
>Garlic repels them
>Can not cross running water, likely including sewers and aqueducts
>Can not enter church, with or without invitation
>can not touch cross
>Burned by holy water
>must count rice, whenever rice is present
>Stake to heart instant death

Vampires are weak sauce anon.
>>
>>77612580
No.

Example: Samurai gets drunk with his friends, comes home and takes a knife to stab his wife over 90 times.

She dies slowly, seething with hate.

She spends 200 years slitting the throats of young men not in the company of a woman. They die immediately, and go to rewards, punishment, or reincarnation as anyone else does. Shit was unfair, but they died afraid and quickly.
>>
>>77617290

>Death is fine oh lord the horror if someone SUFFERS while they die.

Don't be retarded anon. murder is murder. it doesn't matter how you're murdered, it was murder, and it's just as bad, but no worse than any other murder. Having a more traumatic death than someone else doesn't give you any kind of justification for killing anyone, other than maybe the one person who is guilty for having killed you.
>>
>>77614795
lol gay
>>
>>77614489

Humanity's strength is we don't think in terms of unavoidable threats. We find a new monster, we invent a new spear point.
We encounter an alien being, we introduce our genes to their pool and our slang to their language.
>>
>>77615119
I like that.
>>
>>77617585
Sorry, were we talking about ethics or the rules of ghost stories?

Because Japanese ghost stories work on the idea that the grim reaper shrugged since the Earth owes you by his reckoning, and you're too full of hate to sit at the river and drink booze. So instead you become A slasher movie villain in the style you feel like.

Normal people who die normal deaths get treated like everyone else. Your death has to cause a huge karma clusterfuck to get to stick around for awhile.
>>
>>77618922

Were talking about the ethics of the rules of ghost stories.
>>
>>77618922
>Normal people who die normal deaths get treated like everyone else.

"Killed by an angry ghost" hardly counts as a normal death, though.
>>
>>77618995
I'M SURE IT WAS A VERY UNIQUE EXPERIENCE AND I'M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU, NOW GET IN THE BAG.
>>
File: utahraptor has a point.png (8KB, 196x171px) Image search: [Google]
utahraptor has a point.png
8KB, 196x171px
>>77617585
>>
File: silly story.jpg (10KB, 233x263px) Image search: [Google]
silly story.jpg
10KB, 233x263px
>>77619150
>he doesn't believe in ghosts
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 600x784px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 600x784px
>>77618989
Well not all ghosts become serial killers.

There's one who gets married and has living kids, one who goes out to sea and watches sailors work, you can even become a ghost while still alive (like a second self, pic related), you can become a talking animal and go on adventures.

Seriously. Go here http://yokai.com and start looking at random pages.
>>
>>77600921
I already know the answer, but... Can Hellsing be /co/ now? I just love it so much, and it's not moeshit so /a/ doesn't talk about it. If we can take Big O and DBZ, we should be able to take this too.
>>
>>77619150
Utahraptor is probably a boring faggot who hates discussion because he has no original input to offer.
>>
>>77619416
Hasn't been on Cartoon Network. But...did a webcomic do an extended parody of it?
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 600x784px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 600x784px
>>77619208
>>
>>77619416

No, fuck off. /a/ is a perfectly good place to take about anime.
>>
>>77619718
I don't even like anime and know it isn't.
/a/ is like /mlp/ had a baby with /v/.
>>
>>77619533
It's been on Toonami.
>>
>>77619778

Dude, I have been discussing JoJo and fujo shows on /a/ for YEARS and it's perfectly fine.
>>
>>77604979
Triggered. Fuck...
>>
File: benis benis benis.jpg (51KB, 643x426px) Image search: [Google]
benis benis benis.jpg
51KB, 643x426px
>>77619867
>discussing JoJo and fujo shows

It's fine because you are the one who is shitting the thread
>>
>>77620445

still not moeshit so the point stands.
>>
>>77614818
>absolute terror of water for the rest of his life
>>
File: 1445187172378.png (512KB, 1439x1225px) Image search: [Google]
1445187172378.png
512KB, 1439x1225px
>>77614050
It is now.
>>
File: Dr Acula.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Acula.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>77601247
>>
>>77622255
>>
File: 1446763931915.png (1MB, 1950x1435px) Image search: [Google]
1446763931915.png
1MB, 1950x1435px
>>77622495
>>
>>77604979
The first like... 2 or 3 were alright.
>>
File: grufti_go_gurt_color.png (234KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
grufti_go_gurt_color.png
234KB, 768x960px
>>77622255
Finally
>>
monsters suck
aliens are where its at
>>
>>77603071
I like zombies but you need a lot of them, else they're useless. There's no monster less scary than a single zombie besides maybe Chucky.
>>
>>77624623

Vampires suck alright.
>>
>>77600836
I have a question.

Is Frankenstein's Monster considered a zombie, or it's own monster? He is undead but doesn't share many other zombie traits.
>>
>>77603026
>Plus aren't they invincible aside from silver?

Not really, though a silver bullet, especially one blessed in the name of St. Hubert, patron of hunters, will kill one instantly.
>>
>>77624788
He's more of a flesh golem.
>>
>>77626145
With lightning powers
>>
>>77624788
I've heard the term "patchwork monster" thrown around. Flesh Golem works too.
>>
>>77624788
Every monster show tends to consider Frankenstein's monster his own thing. Even Darkstalkers had a separate zombie and Frankenstein monster character.
>>
>>77626432

So he's black?
>>
>>77627671
Parts of him, at least.
>>
>>77605121
looks more like jokesonyouthisismyfetish.jpg
>>
>>77611943
Another adaptation is not a remake, bro.
>>
>>77602444

Holy shit why am I only now hearing about this comic.
>>
>>77627773
Like made from a black guy black or dead tissue from necrosis black?
>>
>>77630442
Both
>>
>>77612154
That's how folklore werewolves have been since ancient Greece, though.
>>
File: c88.jpg (66KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
c88.jpg
66KB, 600x899px
>>77603862
>>
>>77605375
there was a terrible movie with vampires but the interesting they had was
>Everyone does the rice thing
>Vampires are crazy old
>Dude chucks bag of rice at vampire
>They get extremely good at counting
>counts them all before they hit the ground
>>
>>77624735
No, no see, that's a myth. Dracula scrape and lick out the blood. Scrape and lick, blalalalalalala. Scrape and lick, blalalalalalala.
>>
>>77601165
Didn't he also kill most of the government in Great Britain, 3 million British people, Vatican soldiers, a decent amount of people in Rio de Janeiro, and several other key government members from other countries. Pretty decent amount of destruction for a war with only a thousand vampires.
>>
>>77603026
I dig the original legend. The werewolf curse was passed from the previous cursed man being killed without a silver and not durring a full moon. His ghost would follow you and on the next full moon would find an opening and pass the curse onto you.
>>
>>77615142
Christopher Moore? I remember more if Bloodsucking Fiends than its sequels since I own it and not the others but I liked quite a bit of it.

I recall liking both that and some aspects of True Blood show that kept vampires as they looked as human, because every vampire being stupidly hot is kind of boring after a while.
>>
>>77614504
>no sun
>in space
I don't even know how to handle retardation of this level.
>>
>>77601247
>Coachveratu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBOfj61PWCo
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>77603026
Werewolves are more dangerous for two reasons.

Less weaknesses (At least in wolf form. If you catch one in human form they might, at best, have better senses and immense strength, but they will go down to any fatal blow to the heart or brain.) and the fact that they almost perfectly adapt to human society and blend in with no problems.

It's pretty easy to tell who among a group is a bloodsucker, but unless you are willing to wait until a full moon and chain everyone up then, you won't know who the lycan amongst a group is until it's too late.

And, for funsies, here is a fun clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFH18jrWYh4
>>
File: daffy.jpg (27KB, 318x307px) Image search: [Google]
daffy.jpg
27KB, 318x307px
>vampire is very delicate with humans and drinks just enough blood so they can still survive
>>
File: ugly americans.gif (452KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ugly americans.gif
452KB, 500x282px
>>77637190
>Vampires and Humans managed to make a coexisting society, with humans getting a decent sum of money by donating blood, in exchange for the huge profits vampires provide by joining the nightly workforce.

I always did like the 'monsters get integrated into human society' settings, like Ugly Americans.
>>
>One Danish belief holds that simply scolding a werewolf will cure it.

That actually sounds adorable. All you gotta do to stop a werewolf is just say 'no! bad boy! shame on you!'

Honestly I could see this being a viable weakness if the one scolding was someone that the werewolf respected. Like their parents or a teacher.

Just imagine the cute scenarios that could come from that.

>One teenager who was afflicted with the curse discovered that his grandmother scolding him for behaving poorly as a wolfman would calm him down. So he stayed at his mother's house every night during full moons to prevent any damage to property.
>The sweet old woman is able to keep a werewolf from killing people by just being a loving, proper grandparent.
>>
File: shit just got real.jpg (96KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
shit just got real.jpg
96KB, 960x643px
>>77637223
>vampire tries to bite character
>not knowing that character is a werewolf
>who then fucks vampire's shit up
>>
>>77601270
>>77604600
>>77613112
The Pillar Men were Oni -- just look at the horns, incredible strength, and the fact that Vampires were created by their science (Vampires are a subspecies of Oni in Japanese mythos).
>>
>>77637381
it took me way too long into your post to realise that you meant a verbal scolding not boiling water.
>>
File: .png (340KB, 413x542px) Image search: [Google]
.png
340KB, 413x542px
>vampire
>it's literally a bat
>>
File: 1443473473403.jpg (185KB, 1210x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1443473473403.jpg
185KB, 1210x1016px
>>77612058
>You're better off making silver shot and sticking it in a 12 gauge.

This. Shotguns shells open up a wonderful world of magic and adventure the likes of which you've never seen.
>>
>>77614795
heh.

Also, no dumbass, you're just a Nossie who had his face hit with a weekwhacker. Just suck on that bloodpack and you'll be right as rain in half an hour.
>>
>>77637576
>Napalm shotgun

Is this a thing in warfare? If not, why not?
>>
>>77634973

not always, skin-walkers didn't necessarily "become wolves/coyotes" they just "gained their strength" by wearing their skins. some legends talk about them taking on the "habits" of them as well. but none to my knowledge describe full on transformation
>>
>>77637684
Against the Geneva Convention.
>>
>>77637684
>>77637693
Indeed, both napalm AND shotguns are.
>>
>>77637743

Everyone knows the combined transgressions make it all null and void, so have fun with your awesome death-spewer.
>>
File: Dullahan.jpg (32KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dullahan.jpg
32KB, 500x450px
Every Monster/creature thread needs at leats one pure Dullahan or it will considered impure shit.
>>
>>77637693
Nope, shotguns are just kinda shitty for warfare outside a few specific applications.
>>
Does anyone else remember reading a series of children's books where vampires were secretly the offspring of a Mayan deity?
>>
>>77601070
Dawnbreakers, awesome movie.
>>
>>77601070
There was also Blade Trinity where the vampire had the idea of harvesting humans like plants keeping them comatose while draining blood
>>
File: blacula.jpg (29KB, 350x619px) Image search: [Google]
blacula.jpg
29KB, 350x619px
>>77612807
anon pleas
>>
File: k dad.png (220KB, 480x1988px) Image search: [Google]
k dad.png
220KB, 480x1988px
>>77637576
Speaking of /k/ and hunting vampires.
>>
>>77601175
You know, you can check AND THEN post, this is not a webchat where you shouldn't leave the other person hanging or whatever.
>>
Just once I'd like to see a storyverse where vampires exist like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHEItvqF-tg
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>77638585

I'm turning this disco into a hockey rink!
>>
>>77637743
Surprisingly enough, it's perfectly legal to own a flamethrower as a civilian.
>>
>>77639361
I'm pretty sure cannons are fine too. And tanks, if you can afford one.
>>
>>77639548
Some people like to crush things with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6njdZO_sCcI
>>
File: Honky Rink.gif (72KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
Honky Rink.gif
72KB, 200x160px
>>77639331
You mean a honky rink!

Blacula is a legitimately good movie.
>>
>>77600921

His plan also should not have worked as well as it did.
>>
>>77601501

If he's so tough, why is he trapped in a pachinko machine?
>>
File: wolf_guy_v01_030.png (276KB, 752x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wolf_guy_v01_030.png
276KB, 752x1200px
>>77637169

Much like with vampires, it really depends on the canon.

In some canons being a werewolf imparts you with some of the power at all times. You're just at your MOST powerful when you shift.
>>
>>77642025
I no I agree. Like I said, increased strength, senses, and occasionally regeneration seem to be the norm.

It gets a lil OP when they go full Wolverine on us or get too 'wolf like' in appearance, but hey it changes between canons.

Overall, werewolves are near invincible killing machines in wolf form unless you have silver, but are more vulnerable (But also harder to spot) in human form. Generally the idea is that you need to discover who the werewolf is before the next full moon or you are fucked nine times out of ten.
>>
>>77642142

The character in the manga page I posted is pretty far over in the bullshit spectrum for werewolves.

High speed regeneration, no known weaknesses(apparently silver is bullshit), and ridiculous physical power. That's why he never fights anyone. He just lets humans wail on him until they're exhausted.

You can only really finish him on New Moons, when his strength is human level.
>>
>>77642226
Yeah damn that is over twilight tier in the 'we're just better overall' monster spectrum.

I fucking hate that concept. The whole point of calling vampirism or lycanthropy 'curses' is because they make you a slave to something in one way or another. For Vampires it was greed and lust, and for Werewolves it was their base animalistic desires. This was also why they are transferable to other humans via biting.

Japan always seems to screw that up.
>>
File: wolf_guy_v07_054.png (406KB, 869x1400px) Image search: [Google]
wolf_guy_v07_054.png
406KB, 869x1400px
>>77642359

No, it works for Japan. Because they're different types of werewolves.

In the West, they demonized wolves and other animals. In Japan, wolves were messengers of the Gods, and since the diets were very rice/vegetable/fish heavy, wolves killed the grazing animals that would feed on their crops.

So the werewolves in his canon are born, not made, and very rare, with bloodlines going waaaay back.

His story is very "humans are the monsters" centric.

In fact, the only monster problems come when a human receives werewolf blood. It drives them crazy and homicidal with power. Pic related.
>>
>>77642570

So the wolves are even more elf-like than I initially suspected. Shit man.

I get how Japan likes to do the whole 'humans are the real monsters' angle for these types of stories, but in the end those stories don't really work unless the monsters are not infinitely better than humans. It just makes the werewolves/vampires or whatever look like elitists and humans look like mongrels. Puts them both in a terrible light.
>>
>>77601331
>aliens
>aliens vs vampires
>vampires on spaceships
HOW DO THEY SURVIVE IF DAY/NIGHT DON'T EXIST IN SPACE?!
>>
>>77602625
In the future, humanity will grow so prideful that they destroy the one thing protecting them. There was no one left who could remember the vampires, or at least none who would speak out against the world government's efforts to blow up the sun.
>>
>>77644221
Heavy UV protection
>>
>>77615087
Blindsight?
>Vampires are a ancient human subspecies that was strictly carnivorous and preyed on other humans, autism is a genetic leftover of this subspecies.
>>
>>77641937
He steals men's coins and makes them his slaves. Mankind ill needs a gaming machine such as him.
>>
>>77606535
The only way to do this would actually be to take the moon out of Earth's orbit.

At least, with my basic understanding of it (I'm a biology guy) it seems to be the case.

The Moon causes an eclipse when it is between the Earth and the Sun, casting a shadow. For a permanent eclipse, the moon would permanently be positioned between the two (and larger/farther out to cast a big enough shadow, but whatever... ignore that bit).

This means the Moon would never go behind the Earth (relative to the Sun)... so the Moon no longer rotates around the Earth. The Moon would thus be in an orbit around only the sun, and stationary relative to the center of the Earth.

That means you would have to constantly be accelerating the moon away from the Earth in order to counteract the Earth's gravity. If you didn't put massive space engines on the Moon to accomplish this, it would basically fall into the Earth's gravity well.

But because you had positioned it to be stationary relative to the Earth, it wouldn't orbit any longer. Instead, it would fall straight into the well, colliding with the Earth.

So, in short, impossible to pull off without being a god... and even if you did, unless you constantly had it maintained, it would cause an extinction event.
>>
>>77644277
Why the fuck would you ever need to blow out the sun.
Unless it's the matrix.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (141KB, 652x488px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
141KB, 652x488px
>>77645128
what if we make the sun rotate around the moon?

I think this is a sound plan
>>
>>77612461
I watched the first half of that (it was split into two pieces, second half isn't done airing yet) and it goes back to being about vampires around episode 6 or 7.
It's pretty mediocre, though. The giant monsters are not a threat to any character, human or vampire, which means they're pretty much just there in the setting because the mangaka wanted to draw giant monsters. They're also a justification for vampires keeping human cattle, unrestrained, in doorless subway stations. All of the vampires are cartoonishly evil except for the one who used to be a human, and apparently the rest of the vampires didn't used to be human somehow.
One of the most baffling shonen I've seen, honestly, but admittedly I don't watch a lot of bad anime.

Polite sage for off-topic reply to an old post.
>>
>>77645128
No, dummy, just align orbits so that the moon travels around the earth at a velocity that always keeps it between the earth and the sun.
>>
>>77638739
I've almost done that so many times.
>>
>>77648030
I actually forgot there were giant monsters the manga past the very beginning is all about dickass sexy vampires vs dickass sexy humans using weapons that have dickass sexy devils that are actually dead vampires inside them, also family.
>>
I can't believe this thread is still here. Since others are posting their story ideas, this seems like the place to post mine. A week or so ago, someone here was asking about a comic with a specific theme, using a manwha as an example. I started reading that manwha in '04 or so, and 22 of 26 volumes are translated, because Tokyopop is dead. I can't even find raw scans of the last volume. I wanted to read something else with similar themes, but there isn't anything. So, I'm doing it myself.

In my setting, there's two types of vampires. Living, "true" vampires, and undead vampires. The living vampires can be difficult to tell apart from humans, because they have a pulse. Like humans, they require normal food and water, in addition to blood. Too much time without blood, and they die. The only real weakness they have is that they're burned by sunlight. More than a minute in the sun and that's it. They stop aging when they reach about 30 or so, and can only die by blood-starvation, sunlight or violence. They can reproduce through more traditional means, which isn't easy, or by turning humans. And those are the undead vampires. Undead vampires are more traditional; holy objects harm them, when wielded by a true believer, in addition to sunlight. The require only blood, and too long without it causes madness, not death. They can also turn humans, but every generation removed from the "source" grows weaker. One way to counter that, though, is the blood of a true vampire. An undead vampire turned by a true vampire is stronger than one turned by an undead vampire, but they've been hunted nearly to extinction, so each generation grows weaker. True vampires have become so rare that they're seen by many as myth. But the vampire population grows weaker, and in order to counter that, they need to find a true vampire. And that's what the main character in the story is. I'm out of space, but that's the basics. Of vampire lore, anyway. Thoughts?
>>
>>77650112
and i will tell you that is impossible because the moon is already at point to far to do what you are wanting to do. you would have to bring the moon damn near on top of us and even then you would only cover a third of the sunny side of the planet
>>
File: blade.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blade.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>77600836
>Vampire/monster thread
>Ctrl+F
>Only mention of Blade is 1 film

Best Dhampir coming thru
>>
File: image.gif (1022KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1022KB, 500x281px
>>77604600
>>77605836
>>77613112
>>77637460
Stroheim poster here, I don't know much at all about Japanese mythos, aside from some 2spooky wall-climby spirit that devours your soul by luring you with the laughter of children.
But since phantom blood called them "zombies" a few times, I just kind of assumed there was an official big difference between willful vampires and low-level-thrall zombie-vampires. Or rather an in-universe one.
>>
>>77653664
The deal is that only the Stone Mask can make vampires, and then vampires can create zombies.
>>
>>77644221
The Red Stone of Aja
>>
>>77653732
Ok that's what I thought, I just worded it dumbly.
Thanks m8
>>
>>77637460
>(Vampires are a subspecies of Oni in Japanese mythos).
I've never heard this anywhere ever, and Wikipedia says that there are no native Japanese stories of vampires. Oni are known for eating humans, though.
I think the Pillar Men might be too humanoid to be oni. I believe they're just something original.

>>77653664
Vampires are made by the stone masks, which were created by the Pillar Men.
>>
>>77602561

Holy fuck I think my wrists just slashed themselves from reading this post
>>
>>77600836
In some ways, villains make flawed decisions.
>>
>>77600836

Why are so many indie comics about Vampires? Other classic monsters should get more love. At least giants have Attack on Titan I guess
>>
>>77637691

Skinwalkers aren't werewolves.
>>
>>77607232
Garlic. Holy water. Running water. Sunlight.
>>
>>77654388
>Running water.

People drown in rivers all the time.

>Sunlight.

Skin cancer.
>>
>>77601070
God that movie had such an interesting premise and strong beginning that turned to complete shit halfway through. Like vampires fucking exploding when getting staked, completely different tone than how it started.
>>
>>77602319
>Broken Moon
Mind setting up a story time?
>>
>>77607083
I'd like to see a storyline where the whole infinite/near-infinite lifespan thing is a joke because no vampire in it has survived past a human lifespan.
>>
>>77602444
>>77602508
mummies are basically paladins in wod
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.