[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writer Chelsea Cain and artist Kate Niemczyk will helm "Mockingbird's"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: mockingbird-cover-de08d.jpg (186KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mockingbird-cover-de08d.jpg
186KB, 683x1024px
Writer Chelsea Cain and artist Kate Niemczyk will helm "Mockingbird's" first ever ongoing series at Marvel Comics.
>>
File: mockingbird-new-effde.jpg (100KB, 1000x915px) Image search: [Google]
mockingbird-new-effde.jpg
100KB, 1000x915px
>>
neat.
>>
I wonder if Ward of limey Ward will be in it?
>>
>>77596137
looks lame
>>
Need more of a hook
>>
>>77596137
Looks generic as fuck.
>>
>>77596137
So how many books does Marvel have planned now? At least 70, right?
>>
I hate MCU, why can we have another west coast avenger with new member ?since the originals are in other comics
>>
>Its a Bobbi NTRs Clint for a shitty AOS fag issue

Fuck AOS
>>
Never really thought much of Mockingbird in the books. She was just Hawkguy's annoying ex. Love Palacki as Mockingtits in the MCU. She's British Hawkguy's awesome on off fuck buddy.
>>
>>77596137
>>77596149
Her new costume looks better than it has in ASM or SHIELD

The yellow lenses are better than Robin style white eyes on a black mask for her.

The only thing I don't like is that M belt buckle, it's too big and out of place. I could do without the SHIELD logo on her shoulder too
>>
>>77596328
Limey Ward will be. He was in her one-shot that this is spinning out of and is already a pre-existing character in the Marvel universe.
>>
>>77596477
>Why can't we have another literally whos with literally whos for nerds
>>
>>77596433
You're looking at it from a warped perspective just to get yourself upset. Chill out. All she's saying is that Bobbi likes to have sex and she'll get sex scenes, but this won't be a cheesecake focused book just because it has a female protagonist and sex in it.
>>
>>77596480
>Bobbi NTRs Clint
Clint divorced her and then started banging Natasha then Jessica then cheated on Jessica. How is that Bobbi NTRing Clint when they haven't been together for years and Clint is the one that's prone to cheating in recent years?
>>
>>77596620
AOS comics should not exist.
>>
>>77596604
I hope they keep using her precognitive flashes like they did in that one shot

The camo-tech from Secret Avengers too
>>
>>77596480
>implying Clint wants those used goods after she murdered a perfectly innocent ghost cowboy
>>
>>77596655
But it's top rated show on ABC $)
>>
>>77596655
Wait, your complaint is that Mockingbird shouldn't be allowed to have a comic because she appears in AoS? That's fucked man. While we're at it, should they stop making Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor comics since they got movies? Or is it just characters that appear in tv shows that are the problem?

In that case, they should stop making Daredevil comics.
>>
>>77596727
Are you drunk?
>>
>>77596691
Is this bait?
>>
>>77596763
>Bobbi recklessly time-travels back to the Old West
>meets nice old timey superhero cowboy that's smitten with her
>he courts her in the parlance of the times, expressing his love for her
>she throws him off of a cliff just because his dick wasn't big enough
Bobbi is a bad person and Clint can do better.
>>
>>77596801
Yeah, this is bait.
>>
>>77596801
Do not insult my ship. Reported.
>>
>>77596137
What sjw crap have they made so far? Because Marvel only hires sjws now.
>>
>>77596827
Only one of those lines is a lie.
I'll give you a hint, Phantom Rider had a huge dick
>>
>>77596898
Then why is he dead?
>>
>>77596964
Because Bobbi was all 'muh rape' and let him fall off a cliff and die.
>>
Hunter huh? I like the character, but what the fuck mate, he's literally Hawkeye's substitution, because Renner won't even guest star in AoS.
>>
>>77596977
His dick was small
>>
>>77596984
Theres no reason for Renner to appear now.
>>
>>77597001
If by Renner you mean Hawkguy, then yes, because Bishop > Morse.
>>
>>77597036
Uh. What does Kate have to do with Renners appearance on AOS?
>>
>>77596984
If they made Clint the love interest, then they'd have to coordinate his appearance between this book and his own book and as a result, restricts what the writers can do. By having her love interest be someone that isn't in any other books, the writer would have full creative control for how the relationship is handled as well as how the character is written.

I liked BobbixClint too but that stopped being a possibility once Bendis got his grubby little hands on them.
>>
>>77597181
Then dont give her a love interest. Or make it seem like shes still pining for Clint like in the one shot.
>>
>>77597231
This is being done by the same creative team as the one-shot, so if she did it there, she'll probably keep doing it here.
>>
File: korath_the_pursuer.webm (270KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
korath_the_pursuer.webm
270KB, 1280x534px
>>77596137
>Chelsea Cain
>>
>>77598624
Novelist. This'll be her first ongoing comic.
>>
>>77598624
I think she wrote the Mockwingbird Special
>>
>>77598805
>Novelist. This'll be her first ongoing comic.
Well, I guess it's nice Marvel is searching for new talent, I guess. Maybe it'll pay off after the next few years and Marvel will be ok again.
>>
>>77596149
I like the costume, glad they kept in the white.
>>
>>77596137
How does she rank in terms of fighting ability?
>>
>>77599157
She could beat Iron fist and karnak with her batons.
>>
>>77598873
Quite the optimist aren't you
>>
>>77596620
Get out, casual.
>>
>>77596137
Why is this treated as news?
We already knew this. Or maybe they didn't announce the artist the first time, I think
>>
>>77599474
Haha. No she can't and no she shan't
>>
>>77599650
Can't be worse than getting Ryan North to write USG.
>>
>>77596987
Phantom Rider was hung.
Hung!
>>
I get the feeling this book is written by someone who only has seen the MCU shows and movies and read none of the comics...
>>
Posting the convo with Cain about the new ongoing because OP is a faggot.

>For writer Chelsea Cain, creator along with artist Kate Niemczyk of the first ever ongoing solo MOCKINGBIRD series, the time has come to place Bobbi Morse in the spotlight. In fact, it had been time for a long while.

>“Until [the S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL: MOCKINGBIRD] one-shot she’d never had her own book—and even the one-shot was part of the 50th Anniversary of S.H.I.E.L.D. thing,” Cain, who wrote that book, points out. “She’s been really underserved by the Marvel Universe. She’s always appeared in other people’s stories, serving their narratives. So I love the idea of giving her a chance to be the center of a story and to really have some agency.”

>Cain did not come to that conclusion shallowly either. Upon taking on the character for the one-shot, the writer quickly felt a kinship for the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and super hero.

>“I’m drawn to Bobbi because she’s a terrific character—she’s brainy and cool and confident, and quick with a quip,” she enthuses. “In fact it turns out we have a few traits in common. We’re not big sharers. We’re control freaks. And we’ve both been married to Clint Barton. I mean, what are the odds?”

>While tales of corruption may be familiar in S.H.I.E.L.D.’s history, readers should not arrive to the book with expectation of things being the same old, same old.

>“It’s so much more than that, I swear,” the writer promises. “I mean, there are zombies. And corgis. I ask you, have there ever been zombies and corgis in a Marvel comic book before at the same time?

>“Truly, the plot of the first five issues is rooted very much in Bobbi’s medical history. [Nick] Fury saved her life with a dose of Super Solider Serum and Infinity Formula, and I really wanted to explore the fallout from that.
>>
>“She’s got to go in every week for a medical check-up,” Cain elaborates. “And I loved the idea of this medical clinic for super heroes—a place where they go to get stitched up and get their Prozac refilled. And the waiting room would be full of bored heroes leafing through old issues of ‘Us Weekly.’ Would Bobbi uncover a conspiracy in that sort of environment? Well she is good at ferreting out conspiracies having been subjected to them a number of times herself. Frankly she’s a little sensitive about that. But the books will also show Bobbi on her personal time, and off having Bond-level adventures—the Roger Moore years.”

>In order to capture that sense of pop adventure, Cain recognizes that she needs a wildly talented artist to bring her words to life. According to the writer, she more than found that in Kate Niemczyk.

>“It was really important to me that we find someone who could equal her in talent and style,” she explains. “Kate draws really beautiful, strong women. It’s kind of her specialty. Bobbi is sexy—and she’s comfortable with sex—and I want to show that and at the same time avoid objectifying her. She’s strong. She’s physically competent. And Kate can draw a woman in a metal bikini and thigh highs and somehow make her look completely in control and badass. So obviously we’re going to get along fine.”

>If fans feel not quite convinced, the writer has plenty more to offer:

>“There are a dazzling array of guest stars in this book, including Lance Hunter and Clint Barton. And of course we recognize many heroes in the medical clinic and I violate all kinds of HIPAA laws revealing their personal medical information. As for villains, look for the London Hellfire Club to make an appearance as well as an evil A.I.M. splinter group. I’m a sucker for A.I.M. They’re so adorable in their yellow suits.

>“With zombies,” she adds for good measure. “And corgis. But not zombi corgis. That would be weird.”
>>
>>77601069
She can't beat karnak?
>>
File: Mockingbird.jpg (182KB, 1090x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Mockingbird.jpg
182KB, 1090x1600px
Why cover up those beautiful kicking legs?
>>
>>77596137

boy that non descript white businessman is getting HEEM'ed all over that cover.
>>
File: ANAD_Marvel_20151120.jpg (4MB, 1277x6500px) Image search: [Google]
ANAD_Marvel_20151120.jpg
4MB, 1277x6500px
From this week's Axel-In-Charge:
>He forgot to mention Mockingbird
>He announced that the first four issues of Coates' Black Panther was scripted and Stelfreeze is close to completing the first issue; it is assumed by now that Black Panther will come in March
>Still no updates to Citizen V and Death's Head
>>
File: ANAD_Marvel_HH_20151120.jpg (3MB, 1277x6500px) Image search: [Google]
ANAD_Marvel_HH_20151120.jpg
3MB, 1277x6500px
New reveals of hip-hop variants should come by next week.
>>
>>77600795
They didn't announce the artist, and they didn't put out any other info other than who the writer was and that it exists. Now we know what the book is about, the artist, and got the first cover and some concept art.

Whether or not you consider that "news" is up to you, but it's a good bit more info than the initial announcement.
>>
>>77602547
They've been covered up for many, many years now, anon.
>>
>>77602998
>Still no updates to Citizen V and Death's Head
>Citizen V
Major character for Standoff!/Civil War 2
>Death's Head
Cancelled before it even got announced.
>>
>>77603492

But why
>>
>>77596149
>No cleavage
What's even the point?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.