[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
Why was all the other seasons so different from season 1?
>>
In what ways was they different?
>>
>>77592811
Less story, less action, more comedy and worse animation.
>>
>>77592795
To save money and sell more toys
>>
>>77592984
Because quantity before quality anon.
>>
>>77592795
the first instance of 'ohnoes violence!' from parents, leaped upon by lobbyists. it wouldnt be the last
>>77593165
get out
>>
>>77595411
>get out
He's right you know.
>>
>>77595411
But that's what happened
>>
File: Cartoon (20).jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon (20).jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>77595411
>get out

That's literally the truth. Objectively, whether or not you hold a grudge with or love the Fred Wolf series, it's decline in quality was very much the product of big wigs saying "Fuck it" to bring in more dough. That's not to say it wasn't enjoyable as the seasons went on, though.
>>
>A tmnt thread
>No Boco
Is this real life?
>>
>>77592795
because it wasn't done by Toei
>>
The censors got a hold of it
Same thing happened to the 2003 cartoon
>>
>>77597701
Yes you're right. Other seasons were made by a lot of western studios in many countries. Anyone have a list of all the studios that worked on it?
>>
>>77597755
Not calling you a liar or anything, but as a longtime fan, I've never heard/read this to be the case with any TMNT series other than the first film. Any source/proof?
>>
>>77595411
>get out
Son, I came to this thread just to say it is the time
>>
>>77597920
Maybe the UK censorship? You know "hero" instead of "ninja" and the grapple for Mickey instead of his nunchuk.
>>
>>77592795
Because first season was anime.

Rest was a cartoon.
>>
File: 139004959575.gif (2MB, 375x314px) Image search: [Google]
139004959575.gif
2MB, 375x314px
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...old news.

Why not the Middleaged Mutant Muscle Dinosaurs?
>>
>>77597989
>anime
>cartoon
A view of the mind.
>>
>>77592795
Season 1 was produced as a standalone mini-series to tie-in with the toyline that was being released around that time. It was actually not an uncommon trend for toy companies to do this, like how Hasbro made two GI Joe mini-series before an actual series. And like with GI Joe, TMNT proved popular enough that they decided to continue the cartoon the following autumn.

Because of how the mini-series was produced, they had enough money to throw in to make the show as high-quality as possible. Also Eastman/Laird were both somewhat involved, so that certainly helped keep it more gritty. But when the show went into full production, Fred Wolf could no longer afford to maintain a high quality production across dozens of episodes and Eastman/Laird wandered off to continue doing their own thing.

I do recommend seasons 7 and 8 if you want to watch 80's TMNT that's closer to the first season.
>>
File: Cartoon (212).jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon (212).jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>77597980
A fair point, at least when it comes to 'chucks. We owe the grappling hook to the UK, for sure, but I don't think the level of 'violence' was toned down for the most part. Same amount of slapstick fights. If anything, they fought foot bots less, & they no doubt had the most satisfying defeats in exploding. Anyway, there's still the inconsistent error-ridden animation, questionable scripts, & so on to speak for.
>>
>>77597701
Man, Toei has influenced me through so many things I love... TFTM deserved to win some kind of award of course, but their Getter & Mazinger movies of the 70s are insanely gorgeous too. There's a bit in Hot Roddin' Teenagers from Dimension X where it just straight up turns into anime, speedlines-for-background and all. Considering I had the Season 1 FHE tapes and watched them again and again, I can see why my mom thought it was anime. No really, she told me that Ninja Turtles was made by Japanese people, and the reason the Turtles were so extremely over-the-top AWRIGHT RADICAL COWABUNGA PIZZA DUDE was because that was Japan exaggerating/parodying American pop culture and youth culture. I believed that, and for years when people mentioned there being darker, more mature comics, I thought they meant the Archie comics, which actually WERE a lot more dramatic and sophisticated than the show.
>>
>>77598239
>for years when people mentioned there being darker, more mature comics, I thought they meant the Archie comics, which actually WERE a lot more dramatic and sophisticated than the show.
You're right about it. People may be surprised by how mature became the TMNT Archie comics at some point.
>>
>>77598140
>but I don't think the level of 'violence' was toned down for the most part. Same amount of slapstick fights. If anything, they fought foot bots less, & they no doubt had the most satisfying defeats in exploding
That's the thing though, in season 1, most of their fights are actual fights, I know by season 2's "Case of the Killer Pizzas" they're defeating Shredder in personal combat by throwing pizza ingredients at him.

You're right about the Foot Soldiers though - I couldn't believe how rarely they showed up after the first season when I finally sat down and watched the entire series a year ago. I guess, between the movies and video games, they felt as ubiquitous as Putties or Stormtroopers, but they really did disappear for all but a couple episodes and I think that's part of the general censorship too. You might think making the robots would easily placate parents, but you don't know just how firmly entrenched in '50s Baby Boomer ideals the self-described "Moral Majority" was in the 80s, dude. Parents were already distrustful and scornful of this new genre of cartoons-explicitly-made-to-be-toy-commercials, combine that with preying on their fear of what little Billy or Suzie is putting into their brain and you had a lot of angry parents writing a lot of nasty letters. Remember the reaction to TFTM? "Just because they're robots, they think this kind of ABOMINABLE VIOLENCE is OK!"

TL,DR: I watched through the whole show fairly recently, and you're wrong, there is DEFINITELY less and less quality fighting as the show goes on. At least, what little there is shoddily animated, and for a while they don't even let Raph and Leo use their weapons on robots. The Red Skies seasons brought it back tho.
>>
>>77598461
I guess I just don't remember season one's fights being much better than the rest.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.