[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: Man-of-Steel_01.jpg (270KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Man-of-Steel_01.jpg
270KB, 1920x1200px
find a flaw
>>
>>77592130
you already posted it
>>
>>77592130
The picture is pretty blurry
>>
>>77592130
> choppy pacing
> poor cinematography
> filters through he ass
> lens flare
> bad acting in general
> superman committing genocide
> minor plot holes
> notable continuity errors
> the ostentatious straw man that he shouldn't have killed Zod
> Metropolis is back together after being raised to the ground once breif time-skip later
> all but universal character assassinations
> "It's not an S."
> Zack Snyder
>>
File: Man of Steel.gif (952KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Man of Steel.gif
952KB, 640x360px
>>77592130
>>
>>77592130
-pa kent.
-horrible filters and colors
-Henry cavil can barely act
-not enough Jor-El
>>
>>77592181
You forgot awful writing thanks to David Goyer.
>>
it doesnt has the Marvel stamp of approval
>>
>>77592181
> the zod straw man
>>77592189
it took 4 posts for the foundation to be laid
>>
>>77592130
I don't like movies where characters need to be retarded for the plot to progress
>>
Literally why was Lois brought onto Zod's ship
>>
Its fanbase is worse than bronies.
>>
File: 1323167400128.jpg (79KB, 500x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1323167400128.jpg
79KB, 500x352px
to think we almost had nick cage as supes
>>
File: bart.gif (474KB, 500x383px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bart.gif
474KB, 500x383px
>>77592269
It's pretty fucking sad, dude. Every day we have some fuckwit from the DC defense force start a thread trying to convince people Man of Murder isn't garbage. Fox and grapes, brah.

>>77592259
Because love interest.
>>
>>77592130
I can't.
>>
>>77592130
DonĀ“t save me invincible son
>>
File: 1444247075214.jpg (11KB, 228x223px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444247075214.jpg
11KB, 228x223px
>>77592181
Lemme add something to your list,
>that chunk of the movie that was set on Krypton
Did anyone get any enjoyment out of that? Don't get me wrong, the movie's fucking miserable start to finish, but that first half hour on Krpton had me in the theater thinking "Alright, come on, we get it, next fucking scene..."
>>
>>77592478
The Krypton intro is:
1 - Totally and completely unnecessary
2 - Made completely redundant by the recap scene where Jor-El tells Superman what happened
3 - Completely undermines the main themes regarding Krypton's existence and destruction
4 - Combined with the similiarly pointless recap, takes up 40 fucking minutes of runtime

Someone should take whoever edited Man of Steel out back behind the shed to be shot.
>>
All the unsubtle Jesus imagery
>>
>>77592130
bald
>>
Literally everything about the script and tone
>>
>>77592271

The only difference would be that Supes would be a bit more emotive and say "dude" a lot.
>>
>>77592130
- A major conceit of the movie is that Krypton stagnated and died not just because of poor decision-making but because genetic engineering pigeonholed the species and prevented growth, yet Jor-El (a product of the GE who by his own logic should only be functional as a scientist) is capable of beating the general of the Kryptonian army in hand-to-hand combat
- Faora seems to have forgotten which side she's on mid-fight with Clark and proclaims "Evolution always wins." This makes no sense because she is not a product of process that produces evolution, and Clark is.
- Another large conceit is that, before being outed by Zod, Clark is laying low and not using his powers at his late father's request. We are shown repeatedly that he uses his powers constantly with no regard to protecting his identity, and not even only in emergency situations. The idea that no journalist before Lois ever investigated the truck and the oil rig etc. is ludicrous and his actions in the film completely undercut any impact the church scene might have had.
- Zod has literally no reason to do anything he does at all. He could terraform Mars if he really wanted to and it would probably be a lot easier to just ask Clark for the codex as opposed to attacking Clark's people.
- Why does Clark have the codex at all? Jor-El was ostensibly against the genetic engineering it enables and of the mind that Krypon had had its time. It would've made far more sense to leave it in its chamber to be destroyed than to send it into space with his son.
- The town of smallville already knows that Clark Kent has superpowers and Pa successfully got them to ignore it and not tell outsiders by getting them to believe the powers are divine in nature. It makes no sense that he'd tell Clark not to save him or the dog to protect his identity when the other people there already know he has powers and are gullible enough to believe the divine story.
>>
>>77592700
- The robot that attacks Lois activates and does so after Jor-El takes over the ship's systems. Did Jor-El attack Lois?
- Why was Lois Lane put on the bomber that was essentially on a suicide run to destroy Zod's ship?
- Zod's death isn't bad in and of itself, but the scream afterwards is farcical. We're never given any buildup or reason to believe that Clark is fundamentally against killing or is conflicted about killing his own kind. It's lazy and silly.
-The final scenes switch tone like crazy. First we see explicit scenes of people being smashed into pavement pizza, then we get Superman triumphantly destroying the machine with a swelling score, then we have him killing Zod, then we have him kissing Lois among chaos, rubble, and corpses.
- We're given about five minutes worth of Cowboy Curtis and his news crew and are expected to give a flying fuck about them when the disaster starts as if they had been the center of the movie the whole time
- "He saved us!"
>>
>>77592181
Also obnoxious product placement.
>>
File: SEARS.gif (788KB, 425x321px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SEARS.gif
788KB, 425x321px
>>77592836
What?
>>
File: 1443292837655.jpg (51KB, 640x616px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443292837655.jpg
51KB, 640x616px
>>77592465
I was asleep in the theater when this line came along, can someone give me some context? What exactly did he say?
>>
>>77592971
He doesn't actually say anything. He just puts out his hand and gives a stern head shake.
>>
>>77592971
>Boring enough to make you literally sleep through a Tornado.
>>
>>77593376
It fucking sucked, because I never fall asleep during movies in theaters, and out of the six people I was with, including my own girlfriend, no one bothered waking me up.

I fell asleep right after Supes met his ghost dad and woke up right as Zod stared terraforming Earth. So for an hour and a fucking half I was KO'd.
>>
>>77592269
>>77592362
i must not be on /co/ enough because all i ever see is a bunch of man of murder and "not muh superman" when i come here or anywhere on the internet.

i have never seen the opposite.
>>
shit writing
>>
>>77595165
you've never seen the MoS defenders shitposting about how its great cinema and deep and whatnot?
>>
>SEARS
>IHOP
>>
>>77592686
also his superpowers would take a back-seat as he mathed the shit out of his problems.

you think nick cage would have destroyed kryptons legacy like that? fuck no. math.
>>
>>77592700
>is ludicrous and his actions in the film completely undercut any impact the church scene might have had.
"holy shit the audacity of this asshole WE FUCKING KNOW, FAGGOT jesus fuck i'm just going to tell him some god shit and get this fucking freak out of here"
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.