[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get another action cartoon like TCW? With it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: clone last stand.webm (3MB, 1040x442px) Image search: [Google]
clone last stand.webm
3MB, 1040x442px
Will we ever get another action cartoon like TCW? With it's level of budget? It's ability to push boundaries, both in terms of onscreen violence and complex and/or disturbing themes?

I mean, Rebels is cool and all, I'm definitely enjoying it, but it still hasn't come close to Clone Wars, and I honestly doubt it ever will.

Why can't the west take animation seriously?
>>
>>77588703
TCS to action shows is what Animaniacs was to animated comedy. You need a famous creator with a lot of money to back your show up. $$$ is the best censor repellent.

Get someone rich to back up your show. Then you could do almost anything.
>>
File: quadruple kill.webm (2MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
quadruple kill.webm
2MB, 1280x544px
>>77589695
*TCW
>>
File: image.png (45KB, 384x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45KB, 384x221px
I honestly wished TCW didn't happen, I loved it a lot but it shouldn't have been Star Wars related, or at least not the tiny niche it filled lore wise.

The show was at its best when it introduced new characters and ideas and at its worst when they had to come up with a reason that the new thing didn't matter.

The worst offense was how they developed Darth Maul and had a whole new movement separate from the republic and the seperatists, only for fucking Palpatine to just walk in a crush him. No goons or political undermining, nah just lighting force shit.
>>
>>77589748
>I loved it a lot but it shouldn't have been Star Wars related, or at least not the tiny niche it filled lore wise.
But TCW does an absolutely massive amount for fleshing out characters like Anakin and Obi-wan, and has made Star Wars as a whole better.
>>
>>77589786
Anon didn't like a thing.

Let anon not like a thing.
>>
>>77589786
The problem is though if you go back and watch the prequels there is nothing to like, they did a fucking awesome job of polishing that turd to a mirror shine. I just feel that maybe if they had more freedom they could have something great instead of good.
>>
No, because Pottery King put his own money into it due to it being a passion project, while also being smart enough not to write it himself.

That's a pretty rare combination.

>why doesn't the west take animation seriously

There's no money in it outside of kid's stuff.
>>
>>77589843
>you go back and watch the prequels there is nothing to like
For you.
>>
File: 1.jpg (10KB, 250x198px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
10KB, 250x198px
>>77588703
I just want to remind you that TCW became the show everybody loved at around the end of season 2 and started escalating from there. Before that it was considered a mess with a lot of dumb episodes by a lot of people.

Give Rebels some more time
>>
>>77590098
>>77589988
Personally I just hate AOTC. It's just bad
>>
>>77588703
I remember a part where a bad guy was trying to get information from Yoda by shooting his soldiers in the head, one by one, with them just lined up waiting to die. The part that really shocked me was Yoda just letting them die.
>>
>>77590098
You have to be a big guy to not hate that.
>>
>>77590098
Your choice of image tells me everything I need to know about what kind of person you are.

Also, you don't like that scene? Then this video is for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TayW7pPC0JI
>>
>>77589786
If we didn't have the Clone Wars, even less stuff would be canon since Disneys buyout. Thanks to TCW a lot of things exist in the new eu that the LSG would have thrown away if not for Lucas making sure it stayed canon, otherwise they'd be no Darth Bane, no Cad Bane, no developed Anakin, no likeable clones and no dual blade sheev.
>>
>>77588703
Rebels is probably the closest we'll get for a while.

Action cartoons aren't as profitable as cheap comedies, I think in part because they can't sell toys like they used to. TCW had a lot of hype around it because it was Star Wars and money because it was George Lucas.
>>
>>77592301
See this is what I'm saying though, all the arguments for the show is always how it helped Star Wars. I think this team could make something really strong if it wasn't for the limitations of Star Wars.

Look I'm a fan of the series, enough of one to have the original trilogy on laser disc. It's just in this instance I think the team is better than their source matieral.
>>
File: fuck sand.png (206KB, 501x224px) Image search: [Google]
fuck sand.png
206KB, 501x224px
>>77588703
until one action cartoon make toy money dont hope for it
>>
>>77590225
Jedi Unattachment hardcore
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.