[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know Ren and Stimpy is famous for pushing the boundaries of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: V5bYC8A.jpg (506KB, 2200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
V5bYC8A.jpg
506KB, 2200x1600px
I know Ren and Stimpy is famous for pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable in a kids cartoon, but this was a little much

I was just watching an episode of Ren and Stimpy on that TeeNick, that so 90's segment or whatever.

It was Season 3 Episode 7. At the end of the episode was one of those cartoon commercials like LOG or Powdered Toast Man. It's a father and Daughter eating their breakfast.

The Daughter says "Daddy, can you play with me?" To which he responds
To which he responds "haha oh sweety, I'm busy eating my Beef Tallow. Why Don't you play with your Lucky Chodes"

I know it was simple to get away with a lot more back then, but I think using the word Chode is a little much. Does Chode mean something else that I'm not aware of? Was it a word that hardly anyone knew back then? The show was released the year I was born, so when I used to watch it, I hardly knew how inappropriate it really was

Pic semi related
>>
No one cares.
>>
>>77587106
I do :'(
>>
>>77586769
it's not that it was super obscure, it's that, at the time, only lowbrow people with actual senses of humor knew it
before you had the internet to look up what every little thing means, you could get away with a lot of obscure and not-so-obscure terms. Lest we forget the character Boner (it helps if it has another concurrent meaning)
Joker once referred to someone as a gunsel. nobody batted an eye. and i wanna say 'catamite' made it into a show once.
sadly you can't get away with it anymore. Hence Gumball's 'fumunda cheese' getting replaced in future airings
>>
>>77587381
>gumball
er, i mean chowder
also
>I think using the word Chode is a little much.
dude fuck you. who are you to decide the vocabulary of others? maybe you need to sit down, look in the mirror, and ask yourself who the real violator of morality is
do you know what the word 'vulgar' means? go look it up. it'll be illuminating.
>>
>>77587392
Yo chill anon, wtf crawled up your ass?
>>
>>77587392
Why so buttmad? I was literally just asking how they got away with it, not saying it was wrong or that they shouldn't have done it. Go back to /pol/
>>
>>77586769
>I know Ren and Stimpy is famous for pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable in a kids cartoon, but this was a little much
>a little much
Ren & Stimpy and Rocko is full of this shit

strap in son
>>
>>77588420
I know Rocko had a lot of subtle sex jokes, but to actually using a word that means cock is something I wouldn't expect from either
>>
>>77586769
>OP's pic surprisingly looks better than the actual show
It's not a great style but compared to what AT really looks like...
>>
>>77588571
You'd be surprised what they were willing to do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq70wzCDnGU
>>
>>77588599
I like it too, thought it would be better than a generic Ren and Stimpy pic
>>
>>77588571
Cow and Chicken had an all female motorcycle gang that went around chewing on people's carpets. Subtly wasn't anyone's strong point back then.
>>
>>77588663
>"You know, there is a moral to this episode... BUT IT'S A SECRET!"
>>
>>77588612
Lol damn, a lot of those were pure gold
>>
>>77587381
>Joker once referred to someone as a gunsel. nobody batted an eye.

The connotation of it being a hired gun has been the common interpretation of it for so long that the original meaning of it is pretty much dead.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.