[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember Skyler Page?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (27KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 210x240px
Remember Skyler Page?
>>
YOUR?
>>
>>77580006
Yeah, he was a fallen hero corrupted by his own mind.
>>
Yeah, it sucks that he was a nutcase. He made some charming stuff.
>>
He looks like a young Paul Rudd.
>>
There hasn't been a thread about him in so long that Clarence went to Hell
>>
He didn't do anything wrong. We've all honked a boob without asking permission before.
>>
so is CN studios run by sjw/feminazi's? Did page touch the wrong girl at the wrong time?
>>
>>77580641
Anon don't lie you haven't honked anyone's boob
>>
>>77580714
But I might someday!
>>
>On the same day the assault happened, Skyler also walked through the streets shirtless screaming at cops. I saw him try to smoke cigarettes through his nose and drink days old olive juice. He popped in and out of different characters, and answered questions with riddles. And the next day, when me and another close friend drove him to the hospital to get him treatment, I sat with him for hours in the Emergency Room as he sat strapped to a bed singing They Might Be Giants songs and talking like a cowboy. I don’t know if he was cognizant enough to see that I was crying. It was one of the saddest things I’d ever seen. Here in front of me, was a guy I had known extremely well, but was obviously “not home”. When I talked to the doctor and learned more about his specific illness, and that he would be coping with it for the rest of his life, it broke my heart. Again, here was someone who was like a brother to me, and I just got told he may never be the same again.
God, it's sad but he was doing some funny shit
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
>>77580650
>>
>>77580650
He didn't only touch a girl, you know. He had a mental breakdown, but people don't tell you that because they're focused on their political views first. It was fair for CN to fire him as unjust as it sounds, you can't have literal mentally ill people around the office.
>>
>>77580650
I blame Rebecca Sugar.
>>
File: skyler page incident.jpg (6KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
skyler page incident.jpg
6KB, 320x180px
>immediately people come in claiming what happened was harsher or milder than what actually happened in order to jerk themselves off their high-horse/hateboners
we don't exactly what happened

either way the dude wasn't fit to be working in such a space, his friends had been covering for him since the AT days but this was the peak
>>
>crew all say SKYLAR DIDN'T DO ANYTHING REALLY THE SHOW'S GONNA BE SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT HIM
>show immediately goes to lulrandomxd shit instead of Comfy Childhood Stories
>>
>>77580804
I am litterally triggered
>>
>>77580815
>you can't have literal mentally ill people around the office.
But they kept Stuart Snyder around for 7 years.
>>
>>77580804
People who draw like this need to die
>>
>>77580650
it was an accumulation of things. Page apparently had a history of not working well with the rest of the Clarence crew. CN finally just let him go when they couldn't take his mental episodes anymore.
>>
>>77580650
he was only really fired because CN wanted to save face, if the news didn't get out he'd probably been helped for his mental condition and scolded a little, but everyone thought he actually raped someone
>>
>>77580896
Works for TTGo. Might as well follow the successful business model.
>>
File: meteor crash.webm (519KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
meteor crash.webm
519KB, 720x404px
>>77580896
Nah dawg, that Breehn pirate one. The dream episode in general was a GOAT cartoon ep.
>>
>>77580896
>I don't know how cartoons are made
>>
>>77580804
who did this
who
>>
>>77580006
Is he Paul Rudd from a dark alternate timeline?
>>
Clarence is hilarious. I don't know why /co/ hasnt embraced it.
>>
File: tears.png (162KB, 287x264px) Image search: [Google]
tears.png
162KB, 287x264px
>>77580801
>Jeff stayed a true friend til the end
>>
>>77580830
What'd she do
>>
>>77580801
I'd really have trouble not laughing
>>
What if getting fired is what caused him to have the huge mental breakdown? His life was probably falling apart before his eyes and he was flipping shit.
That's just a theory, though.
>>
>>77580896
Nah Skyler leaving then couldn't possibly have any effect on that, cartoons take months to make, but it is fucking uncanny how there was such an immediate drop in quality right when he left.

Personally, I would attribute it to Skyler's slow, gradual breakdown as production of the show went along. He was probably much more involved in earlier episodes, but grew increasingly withdrawn as his mental illness progressed throughout the production of the show, and his big meltdown and firing just happened to coincide with the first of the worse episodes airing. That's just pure speculation though.
>>
>>77581053
we will never know because it just seems he was fired after that chick made the twitter post, it wasn't even her who got fondled she had no business saying so. the girl who actually got touched did all the right things
>>
>>77581053
The breakdown happened before he got fired.

I wonder what's happened to him. I haven't heard anything since he got fired, at which point he still wasn't lucid. I feel bad for him, that must be horrible, waking up from that and finding out you've been fired, if he's woken up from it at all. I really don't know what exactly or how bad his condition is.
>>
Haven't seen Clarence. Does the new voice sound like him?
>>
>>77581084
i think its best if he keeps out of the public eye, but it would be great if he's older and a little more stable CN lets him do a short
>>
>>77581097
Yeah, they got a pretty spot on replacement. Though the odd line does sound off, and some of the delivery isn't quite as good.
>>
>>77581084
He has apparently gotten better and is out of the hospital. He posts art onto his Instagram, actually.
https://instagram.com/skylerdalepage/?hl=en
>>
>>77580650
He didn't just insult a woman, he threatened cops and shit.
>>
>>77580801
What the fuck? What caused this? The assault?
>>
>>77581146

But that's all anyone talked about in the terms of what he did.

He was not mentally well and the bulk of the controversy was he touched a woman's boobs. Which was a second hand claim. The woman who got touched didn't want to say anything because she knew he wasn't himself.

He should have gotten actual help, not hurled under the bus and forced into it.
>>
Just a reminder that Emily Partridge never called for a witch hunt.
>>
>>77581177
I think he has schizophrenia
>>
>>77581199
This and that the crew had no real issues with Skyler are important things to remember.

At least he does ghost work on the show and still draws these days.
>>
>>77581196
That's what happens when you ally with certain sjw that are more sjw than friends. She took the offense as a personal thing she should avenge even though it didn't involve her. Same with the Spoony incident from years back (though that one was full of toxic shitheels ready to run him over in hopes of elevating themselves instead of just one)
>>
>>77580801
Is this one of those made up copypasta or did this actually happen?
>>
>>77581013
Nothing
>>
>>77581006
Ugly art style. Don't even try to deny it.
>>
File: ft.gif (933KB, 343x284px) Image search: [Google]
ft.gif
933KB, 343x284px
>>77581432
>>
>>77581177
>>77581213

He's bipolar and this one day it went bad and turned into a psychotic episode.
>>
>>77581291
That's real. It's from the blog of the guy who Jeff was based off of (if you didn't know, Clarence is based on Page's own childhood, with Clarence being his self-insert)
>>
>>77581291
Nope, you can read more about here:http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/exclusive-clarence-creator-skyler-page-out-of-cartoon-network-after-sexual-assault-allegations-101061.html
Hoo boy those comments.
>>
>>77581117
The new guy is actually also a writer for the show i think
>>
>>77581291
http://jeffrowegifs.tumblr.com/post/90700109592/skyler-page
>>
File: kcgreen.png (19KB, 590x164px) Image search: [Google]
kcgreen.png
19KB, 590x164px
>>
>>77581582
is that why clarence the character is so awful, unappealing, and mentally lacking?
>>
>>77581978
>calling someone out on social media is the most effective way to solve problems
>no fuck you, how dare you give me advice on how to crusade, this is all I'm willing to do (maybe reblog some more stuff on tumblr... maybe)
>>
I heard recently that Skylar's been accepted back at CN, though at a much lower work position than he held before his breakdown.

Does anybody have any confirmation on that? I honestly haven't heard anything concrete about Skylar since Jeff's write-up about the incident and >>77581121's post with his Instagram.
>>
File: 1404627662852.png (113KB, 1331x451px) Image search: [Google]
1404627662852.png
113KB, 1331x451px
Here's the overall summary of events that someone made when it was happening
>>
>>77580896
>crew all say SKYLAR DIDN'T DO ANYTHING REALLY THE SHOW'S GONNA BE SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT HIM
No onr said that but the butthurt guy who was a walking kid version of all the bad john k is minus the good
>>
>>77582062
civil discussion doesn't exist in mainstream internet because they think social media gives them anonymity
>>
>>77582095
I actually heard hes still working at CN but as a storyboard artist or something not well known
>>
>>77582095
>During a party
>"groped"
Absolute hearsay. Regarding the latter, it was only regarded as "sexual assault", for specificity's sake. Everything else is a perfect objective analysis of the information we've been given and I recommend the use of this image whenever someone tries to make this stupid bomb of a thread. 9/10
>>
I don't watch the show, but I've heard that a few months after Skylar Page got fired, the show really started to take a turn and became stupider and about less serious matters?

Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>77582557
it didn't exactly dip in overall quality, it just lost an enormous amount of charm
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnA4u9CaK7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo6NUhtFGYs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2asTn4FON10
>>
>>77582775
Holy Shit. I had no idea Skylar Page created Crater Face. I remember watching that short years ago.
>>
>>77580804
Kate?
>>
>>77582775
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo6NUhtFGYs
That was cute
>>
>>77581199
It was really great that the social justice crusaders who would lynch you for calling someone "crazy" used a person's mental breakdown to demonize him and were unapologetic about it.
>>
File: clark.jpg (8KB, 289x175px) Image search: [Google]
clark.jpg
8KB, 289x175px
>>77583382
better not even talk about them, really.
glad Page is going to be remembered for his good stuff at the end, i have a good feeling.

>>77582775
there we go, see?
>>
File: 1407334616456.png (266KB, 579x372px) Image search: [Google]
1407334616456.png
266KB, 579x372px
>>77580006
Ugh. Why did you post this horrible rapist? You are literally triggering me you goober gobbler.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.