[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Slott is the Best.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: slott_is_love_slott_is_life.png (453KB, 639x358px) Image search: [Google]
slott_is_love_slott_is_life.png
453KB, 639x358px
>https://youtu.be/ZjKNW3X2d-g

Slott is the best!
>>
>>77571323
Go away Slott.
>>
>>77571323
Agreed
>>
>>77571323
>10 cents has been deposited into your account

Keep up the good work, Slott started out as an intern too!
>>
Amazing Spider-Man is fucking awesome. I cant even fathom the amount of shit it's getting on /co/

Its got good reviews, and its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now and for good reason

>inb4 its not MUH SPIDEY!
lol fuck off. Consider actually having fun once in your life, thats what the run is, fun. Since when is NOT MUH a valid criticism? They're basically taking the spiderman name and making it something better, there's nothing wrong with that.

Reinventing a stagnant character into a badass successful celebrity which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you /co/ntrarians. Why is that exactly?
>>
>>77573353
Here is your reply
>>
>>77573353
Get a load of this shill.
>>
File: Spider-man Sales.jpg (134KB, 648x853px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man Sales.jpg
134KB, 648x853px
>>77573353
>its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now

It's fucking Spider-man
Spider-man sells himself
He makes more money by himself than Batman and Superman combined.
>>
>>77571323
You know what I've come to understand about slott? He shouldn't be a writer. He has these awesome ideas that are so out there they seem insane, but they work in the right hands. It's jus tthat those hands aren't his.

Like Lucas, he should write the skeleton of a plot, and hand that into a competant writer for revisions.

If that happened more often, he'd be far more popular, and more of his ideas would take off the page.
>>
>>77573353
Delicious pasta.
>>
>>77573353
>Reinventing a stagnant character into a badass successful celebrity which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you /co/ntrarians.

Hyperbole is fun isn't it?

First off, there are plenty of people who dislike the book. Here and elsewhere.

Second off, turning one character into a carbon copy of another (in this case, Spider-Man is just Iron Man 2.0, right down to having his own black sidekick). That isn't "reinventing" thats just stagnating him in a different way.
>>
>>77573421
And this is backed up by the fact that no other licensed material relates back to the current comics. And they continue to sell well.
>>
>>77573467
>He has these awesome ideas that are so out there they seem insane

I didn't know stealing other writer's ideas and calling it your own was "out there".
>>
>>77573467
>He has these awesome ideas that are so out there they seem insane, but they work in the right hands.

he has one story, and that is "peter parker would be a raging prick without knowing power/responsibility"

he did it with alpha, he did it with superior, he did it in spider-verse, and he's looking to do it again when peter gets his personality inverted in the upcoming ASM

the worst part is, that one key message was fumbled in literally every single story because slott is a poor fucking writer
>>
I don't know. He can write. Atg least he could. His ideas were always crazy but he did hit the right tone more often than not. Until Spiderman.

It's IMHO not nearly as bad as /co/ makes it sound, but quite bland, compared to pretty much everything he did before. I blame editorial meddling. Either that or he's lost it.
>>
From that thumbnail, it looks like he wants to eat Spider-Man.
>>
question?

is black cat still a villain
>>
>>77574917
Yes. Still as awful as ever.
>>
>>77574774
>His ideas were always crazy
No. The crazy part is that he just steals his ideas from other, better writers and no one calls him out on his bullshit.
>>
>>77573512
Fucking idiot, its a meme.
>>
Big Time: 6/10
Spider-Island: 7/10
Ends of the Earth: 8/10
Alpha: 2/10
Superior: 5/10
Spider Verse: 3/10
>>
>>77575372
Big Time: 4/10
Spider-Island: 4/10
Ends of the Earth: 3/10
Alpha: 0/10
Superior: 0/10
Spider Verse: 0/10

FTFY
>>
>>77571323
I'm not going to see the video, I'm just here say "Slott is a fag".
And obviously OP is a faggott too.
>>
>>77575457
Big Time, more like fun time.
>>
>>77575008
She-Hulk, Mighty Avengers, GLA, or Akham Asylum had all their fair share of "crazy" and I wouldn't call those uninspired (aka stolen) ideas.
>>
>>77575372
I'd say this is pretty accurate. I liked Island more than Ends of the Earth, but overall that's where I'd rank them.
>>
>>77571328
This
>>
Big Time: 6/10
Spider-Island: 8/10
Ends of the Earth: 8/10
Alpha: 2/10 (What a waste of time. Not even rageworthy)
Superior: ?!/10 (Loved the build up in ASM and the first issues, but got blandly medicore thereafter and had a fucking copout instead of a grande finale)
Spider Verse: 3/10 (On the one hand it took JMS' plotdevice-character Morlun, turned the crazy around him to eleven and made him really threatenning, OTOH really poorly executed).
>>
File: 1447784993754.jpg (41KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1447784993754.jpg
41KB, 360x360px
>>77571323
K..
>>
>>77573467
This is the exact inverse of Alan moore's talents
>>
>>77573353
Slott has good ideas, and that's it. Everything he has done in Spiderman sounds cool when you explain it, but he cant write his way out of a fucking shoe box.

So my idea is, just let someone else develop Slott's ideas, write them properly. Also reduce the editorial meddling.
>>
>>77573353
Now you're just boring us, Slott.
>>
>>77573548
>I didn't know stealing other writer's ideas and calling it your own was "out there"

Yeah, that does seem like a funny way to spell "plagiarism."
>>
>>77579145
It's not plagiarism if you steal from multiple sources at the same time
>>
>>77579343
Plagiarism is stealing another's ideas and passing it off as your own.

Stealing multiple ideas from multiple sources is still plagiarism.

Better change that term paper now.
>>
>>77579445
pfft, you can steal as many ideas as you want on term papers, just cite the ever-loving shit out of it
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.