[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Wonder Woman's use in the trinity just to be the character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: bvs.jpg (136KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
136KB, 500x667px
Is Wonder Woman's use in the trinity just to be the character to be in the middle when the can't decide if Superman or Batman should be in the lead?
>>
>>77555702
Probably not

but I don't know, I have never worked at DC
>>
>>77555702
unless they've managed to figure out what the fuck her unique purpose is story wise, sure

then she'll get her own movie where nobody can overshadow her
>>
No. She's there to calm down the men when the testosterone gets the better of them.
>>
>>77555702

They look so retarded.
>>
File: age of evans.jpg (365KB, 2000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
age of evans.jpg
365KB, 2000x1087px
>>77555944
>>
she's just there to introduce the audience to her.
DC doesn't have a good way to get new characters out
>>
>>77555702
Is that why her name isn't in the title of this movie?
>>
>>77555702
Great pic. If only MoS was better so I could be more than cautiously hyped.
>>
>>77556293
>that hairline

Is the world ready for a bald Captain America?
>>
>>77555870

>unique purpose

She's a god, anon, between an alien and a human bean.
>>
>>77555944
Come on, anon. Infinite Crisis has just been storytimed. Please read it, it's kind of good.

If you only read the beginning you'll already see Wonder Woman is the most testosterone filled of the 3. Also, you'll begin to understand she hates necks.
>>
>>77557198
well we do have a bald Superman and a Muslim Batman
>>
>>77557226
I thought that was suppose to be a bad portrayal for Wonder Woman, because Geoff Johns.
>>
She's there to make Superman and Batman look slightly less homoerotic. You remove her and suddenly it's Apollo and Midnighter again.
>>
>>77557300
It is but its the one that's been prominent in JLA since the Nu52 so it's been present for some time now and one would believe on what they would base the movie characters.
>>
>>77557534
Then the solo movie will really be awful.

Not that it will flop mind you because it won't.
>>
I've always found it kind of weird that Diana is constantly positioned as a kind of ideological middleground between Clark and Bruce. It'd make more sense, I think, if it was Batman and Wonder Woman on opposite ends of the cynic/optimist thing with Supes trying to find a balance.

But I suppose that would get in the way of Supes and Bats "good cape, bad cape" stuff.
>>
>>77557622
It makes sense.

WW out of the two is only one willing to go all out war and kill when needed. She strives to go the Superman route of love and justice but has no problem using batman style tactics when needed.

And out of the three, she is probably the closest to a well adjusted person.
>>
>>77558977
>Clark Kent not well adjusted

Say what?
>>
>>77558977

See, the thing about Wonder Woman to me, is that her whole backround of that of a divine princess of a totally isolated magical nigh-utopia. She's been sent to bring love and peace to a world and people she (initially at least) didn't know anything about beyond what she'd been told. She's special on special on special.

Amazons were warriors sure, until they spent thousands of years keeping to themselves, sharpening their spears, wrestling, and y'know... not actually going to war with anybody.

I just don't get where the pragmatism actually comes from. Shouldn't she be a hyper-idealist sort? I mean even Superman, with his rosy Rockwellian upbringing, was still raised as and lives as a regular person, amonst regular people in normal human society. How is he more of a high-minded optimist than someone who may as well be an angel?

I don't mean to sound as if I'm bashing Wonder Woman at all, but it's something I've always found a bit jarring.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.