[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So he's Taskmaster, Right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

File: v0vfRrr.jpg (43KB, 636x265px) Image search: [Google]
v0vfRrr.jpg
43KB, 636x265px
So he's Taskmaster, Right?
>>
File: 1382992156387.jpg (160KB, 890x812px) Image search: [Google]
1382992156387.jpg
160KB, 890x812px
>>77555182
No. At least, I hope not cause that'd be kind of a waste.
They'd have to go a long way to make it work.
>>
Considering that he doesn't have Taskmaster's personality or powers or costume, no.
>>
I would like it if he just remained a Donut Steel. I like Ward and I feel like sticking a random name from the MU onto him would be a disservice to him and the comic character he would become, in that situation.
>>
He's Ward. If he'd been in the lift with Cap things would have been different.
>>
According to Dalton's 30min interview the other week with IGN, we should have a decent idea of who he is by the season cliffhanger.
>>
>>77555693
Sorry, MID-season... so episode 10 in December
>>
Ward is best MCU villian
>>
I assume they'll just write him into being a big deal in the Agents of SHIELD comic book so that he seems more relevant to Marvel
>>
>>77555435
So by different you mean bullshit his way out of it before running away like every time he's in any real danger?
>>
>>77555182
Are they really gonna waste Taskmaster on AoS
>>
>>77556988
Ward is based tho
>>
That is my brother's theory as well. This season will end with him taking a super solider serum that gives him photographic reflexes, but he start losing him memory. Then next season turns out he is working for SHIELD again and can hardly remember anything.
>>
>>77555240
>They'd have to go a long way to make it work.
You must have stopped watching in season 1.
>>
>>77560087
Why would Coulson or anyone else ever allow Ward to work for SHIELD again?

Also, if Ward gets powers it'll more likely be from becoming an Inhuman after popping a fish oil tablet now that it's been established that Hydra has been administrating it to everyone in their ranks.
>>
>>77560188
What do you mean? I mean, they can easily just give him the power and call him that, but it'd still feel like a stretch to just have him there.
>>
I still say he's Grim Reaper. Watch they give him the retractable scythe hand and reveal he has a another brother who later becomes Wonder Man
>>
>>77556973
I think they mean that, if he as Taskmaster, he'd have appeared in a Captain America movie or somewhere else more relevant instead of Agents of SHIELD.
>>
>>77560279
Now, the MCU has made major changes to a lot of characters, and Ward is already OP, so he could easily go without the powers.
I'm willing to place all my bet on him becoming Taskmaster.
However, he is currently in a vault full of supernatural artifacts, so it would be cool for them to use this to make him the MCU Hood.
Ward is already just as if not more manipulative as the Hood and Hood Ward would be a much better character than 616 Hood.
>>
Ward goes even more nuts, turns out to be Moon Knight
>>
I'd rather see Ward become the next Red Skull than the Taskmaster. And I wish everyone would forget the fucking serum, that was such a lame retcon.
>>
>>77555182
Cant be, rights still held by Fox as far as anyone knows.
>>
>>77562174
How can Tasky be a Fox character? He appeared first in Avengers!
>>
>>77562174
Wait, why would Fox have taskmaster?
He isn't a mutant or a F4 villain.
>>
>>77562363
Irrelevent, he was at Fox last anyone heard, and is presumably still there.
http://www.comicbookbrainsplatter.com/2014/04/brain-splatter-goes-sherlock-holmes-on.html?m=1
>>
>>77562363

I'm assuming it may be an issue that Taskmaster is tied to Deadpool since he was heavily featured in the Gail Simone/Danial Way run as a reaccurring frienemy of Wade's
>>
>>77562363
>>77562428
Probably this
>>77562482
>>
>>77556988
They can easily add him to movies.
>>
>>77562476
>>77562482
That makes absolutely no fucking sense, he appears as an Avengers and Captain America antagonist mostly but is Fox because of one series? Kang is Fox for the opposite reason for fuck's sake!
Marvel got jew'd hard in this deal, damn. Fox must have had some slick lawyers
>>
>>77562482
>>77562636
Nah, they can just do what they did with twins.
If the first appearance and defining characteristics aren't tied to the franchise that was signed away then they can revert him at any moment.
>>
>>77562636
No one gave a fuck about Taskmaster until he was in Deadpool, when they took him out of the classroom and let UDON retool him as a mercenary for hire with an anime costume.

Taskmaster is a classic example of good idea, shitty execution. He was wasted and basically squandered when he was an Avengers villain, in that his only notable feature was that he was fucking ANT MAN's mortal enemy.

The only value of having him in the MCU is to use him as a villain for Scott Lang, which means as well, that Loeb and his hacks would be forbidden to use him in the TV show. At least at Fox, they'll have him do shit and not look like a god-awful Skeletor wannabe.
>>
When they first introduced Ward's brother issues, it briefly reminded me of Headsman from that Thunderbolts run
>>
>>77562783
>that Loeb and his hacks would be forbidden to use him in the TV show
Nonsense, the tv shows are as good and even better than the movies sometimes.
>>
>>77555693
So he IS based on a comic character?
>>
>>77562783
>No one gave a fuck about Taskmaster until he was in Deadpool
And?
How that's relevant to the rights? Quicksilver and SW were fucking mutants in comics for a long time but because they first appeared in Avengers Marvel was able to use them they just had to change them from mutants to 'special people with powers'.
>>
>>77557171

No.... He's really not. He needs to die so the series can get a real villain.
>>
>>77562783
What the fuck are you talking about? He had the schtick of being a villain trainer since his first appearance, even if he was less visible, his character is still completely based in his Avengers/Cap appearances. He's always loved money, he's always been a snarky New Yorker.
Also no, why would they make him a Lang villain instead of just using him as a villain trainer/merc? You don't have to use the character exactly like they are in the comics to get the rights otherwise Fox would have no character rights.
>>
File: Zodiac.png (1MB, 1130x716px) Image search: [Google]
Zodiac.png
1MB, 1130x716px
>>77562875
Probably not based on, but MCU label slapping with the death of Ward and the rise of X
>>
>>77562875
Well, either they are backtracking or they were planning that from the start and just hid it like they did with Daisy.
Considering his arc in 1st season I kinda think they might have actually planned it.
>>
>He's actually Hydra Bob

It makes exactly as much sense as taskmaster.
>>
>>77562979
Doesn't matter, at some point, Taskmaster was sold to Fox.
>>
>>77563249
So main predictions are:
- Taskmaster
- Hydra bob
- Hood
- Moon Knight
- Zodiac
?
>>
>>77563553
Was he? I mean specifically the character and not the character as a part of a franchise that was sold?
Because Quicksilver and SW were sold as well as a part of X-Men franchise. And Marvel still were able too use them. I just think it's the same situation. Both companies can use Taskmaster.
>>
>>77555182
I would like him to be Taskmaster, but I doubt it'll happen since they've spent so much time making him Hydra.
>>
>>77563668

I could kinda see Hood. But man I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>77563821
I wouldn't bet on anything
The can go any fucking way with him which is awesome
>>
>>77563753
Speculation
>>
I've got a thought.

Black Widow is an Avenger.

In the pilot episode, they said Ward's scores were on par with Romanov's.

Does that mean that Ward has the potential to be an Avenger class in terms of fighting capability?
>>
Why can't Ward just be an original cool character, seriously he might be my favourite thing out of all of AoS

>>77566710
No because he doesn't have magical blue gauntlets that let him fight deadly robots on par with Thor because lol feminism
>>
File: the wardinator.webm (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
the wardinator.webm
2MB, 300x168px
They should stick with Badass Ward and not bother saddling him with an existing character.
>>
Can someone explain to me why people like Ward? I really can't understand it. He's a smarmy, backstabbing dick who should have been killed two arcs ago, but got a pass every time because otherwise they'd be out of villains.
>>
File: RRlr1gf.png (720KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
RRlr1gf.png
720KB, 1366x768px
>>77566857
>He's a smarmy, backstabbing dick

He balances that with a sort of evil charisma. He's just fun to watch be an evil smarmy dick.

Also he has tacos.
>>
>>77563668
Hellfire is often predicted as well, and Punisher was as well before Bernthal was cast
>>
>>77566902

Dunno. I like that kind of character sometimes. But only if they are either EXTREMELY charismatic, or alternately, EXTREMELY good at manipulating everything to his advantage. Like, Daisy's dad was pretty decent at that last season, how everything got set up to have both of them in position to fuck over the only decent villain the series has ever had was pretty entertaining.

Then they ruin it by having that lead into him being stuck with dumb amnesia bitch for a year, and then so far his history of running Hydra is to go for the most obvious plan in the world and still fuck everything up.
>>
File: marvel.jpg (53KB, 740x960px) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
53KB, 740x960px
>>77562476
The hell is this?
>>
File: Q4UI67k.png (149KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Q4UI67k.png
149KB, 720x404px
>>77567020
>Ward
>not extremely charismatic
>>
>>77555435
You're kidding
>>
>>77555182
I haven't watched this since episode 2
Wasn't he one of the good guys?
Did it turn out he was part of the Hydra takeover of SHIELD?
>>
>>77567092
Watch the show. I won't spoil it.
>>
File: samderp.jpg (13KB, 250x298px) Image search: [Google]
samderp.jpg
13KB, 250x298px
You TV fags have very vivid and ridiculous imaginations!
>>
>>77567092

Yes. And he was genuinely scary for a bit there. Then the hydra shit got over with, and the writers didn't really know what to do with him, but since he was the only recurring villain worth a damn so far, they keep stringing him along, and he just gets progressively less interesting and scary.
>>
>>77567032
Presumably a note to an artist working on production materials, like how all those characters were dropped from the most recent marvel poster.
>>
File: 1447855596452.png (209KB, 598x327px) Image search: [Google]
1447855596452.png
209KB, 598x327px
>>77567198
Nah.
>>
>>77555435
Different because he'd be dead or in a prison hospital for the next 6 months, sure
>>
>>77567308
He's not scary. He's got plot armor and it's bullshit now.
>>
>>77563768
Yea but you kind of see that he tries to do his own thing most of the times.

His underground Hydra thing is more of a rough and tough bandit group rather than a cult with sophisticated ideas.

Heck, seeing how Taskmaster and his minions were hanging around in Deadpool, Ward actually does resemble more Taskmaster than Hydra.
>>
>>77567884
He's fun to watch to see what he does. Lighten up m8.
>>
>>77555182
I wonder if they're going to twist it like ''I know their every move, because I trained with them and I know them''? Because the next episode's promo starts with ''I know Coulson better than he knows himself''. I dunno, probably too far-fetched, but, yeah.
>>
>>77566850
>stopping bullets with a food trail

I hate Agents of Shield's action scenes.
>>
>>77567016
Punisher was the dumbest idea, same as Grillo as Punisher.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.