[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, /co/. Let's do this. Who do you prefer, the JSA o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: jla and jsa party.jpg (984KB, 2000x1527px) Image search: [Google]
jla and jsa party.jpg
984KB, 2000x1527px
Okay, /co/. Let's do this. Who do you prefer, the JSA or the JLA? And why?
http://strawpoll.me/6039547
>>
I like the JLA better but JSA has been more consistent for the past couple decades.
>>
I'll vote JLA. Hawks and Aquaman were on that team.
>>
JSA for Stargirl alone
>>
>>77549811
With that line up I'd say JSA. I like Billy, Black Adam, Stargirl Alan Scott & Fate more than the Trinity & Wally
>>
I like the JSA as a team more because they feel like a tight knit supportive unit that's more familial

The JLA feels like groups of friends that kinda hang out
>>
JLA
>just on plastic man alone
>>
>>77550151
>him ogling at Power Girl and Wonder Woman
That sneaky bastard
>>
>>77549811
Canary is put on the JSA side on that picture but she's also been chair of the JLA. In which team do I put her when making my decision?
>>
JSA. I like their dynamic better, they're more of a family than a team
>>
>>77549811
JLA
They have a more "grand" presence than the JSA
>>
I prefer JSA for the multi-generational dynamic.

You have the old guard, the veterans, and the new kids all working together and it just feels so good.

It's just more interesting to me.
>>
>>77549811
See, I'm a JLA guy, got started when I was a kid with the Justice League cartoon and it's been stuck with me ever since. However, I am trying really hard to get into JSA, I read the Thanksgiving arc and some of Black Adam and Atom Smasher together and loved it. Can anyone recommend where I should start with JSA? I've been trying for a while...
>>
>>77549811
>Batman: I can't believe my boyfriend is chatting up a 90-year-old
>>
>>77549811
JSA. Jay Garrick, Wildcat and Hourman.
>>
the JSA is what got me into the DCU as a whole, and today it's still my favorite bit of DC history and legacy.
>>
>>77551068

Start from the #1 issue where Robinson picks up the modern version of the series. Then he leaves after 4 issues and it gets handed off to Johns/Goyer who handle it together for a long period of time before Johns takes over solo. Then Johns writes the Vol. 3 where it geta renumbered back to #1 again, but ABANDON SHIP as soon as he leaves the book, it goes downhill embarrasingly quickly after the next writers come on.
>>
>>77551539

Batman is always super grumpy at these Thanksgiving get-togethers because they're always interrupted by supervillians trying to pull shit.
>>
File: Oh jeez.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Oh jeez.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>dat Power Girl
>dat Wonder Woman
wew, lad
>>
>>77549811
Jesus Christ, Kyle. You don't arm wrestle like that, you'll throw out your back
>>
>>77549811

carlos pacheco is a god.
>>
>>77552596

It's clearly meant to show that Wildcat is wrecking him in the match and he's trying so hard to defeat him that it's screwing up his form.
>>
>>77551825
I seriously don't get why some batman haters start to say shit like "hurr durr batman is being autistic or a dick" when every single time he was right and shit happens. I'm more pissed about writters not using a 5 members rules of members that can't
>>
>>77552682
>I'm more pissed about writters not using a 5 members rules of members that can't

Huh?

The difference is that the other JSA and JLA members can slide between "party atmosphere" and "superhero duty" when the time calls for it. Batman is literally incapable of chilling out and taking a break from being Batman for an evening.

And yeah that's an important part of his character, what MAKES him Batman in the first place, but the fact still remains that he's kind of a neurotic grump at these social events.
>>
PICK YOUR FAVORITE MEMBER OF THE JSA
>>
>>77552773
>Batman is literally incapable of chilling out and taking a break from being Batman for an evening.

And in every single event something goes wrong and they get attacked. He is right.
>>
>>77553132
Stargirl and Captain Marvel are the only ones who matter to me.
>>
>>77553132
Jay
>>
>>77553172
Every single event THAT WE AS THE AUDIENCE SEE.

We don't get to see the chillax moments because that won't sell books.

and fans would complain that it's 'just padding'
>>
JSA because so many of my favorite characters are in it.
>>
>>77553132
Alan Scott
>>
>>77553132
Hawkman.
>>
File: marvel and stargirl.png (439KB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
marvel and stargirl.png
439KB, 800x960px
>>77553173
they matter to me too
>>
>>77553132
Dr Mid-Nite
>>
File: giphy.gif (997KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
997KB, 300x169px
>>77553690
My nigga.
>>
What, no JLU option?
>>
>>77551798
And either before or after that read all of Robinson's Starman
>>
>>77554257
there is an "other" option
>>
>>77549811
JSA was GOAT longer and has more storytelling possibilities because of the bizarre origins of its giant roster. The legacy aspect also means time travel is always game.

But GOATly written JLA wins every time. Too bad most writers can't hack it.
>>
>>77553132
Peeg
>>
File: Sandman_Sandy_Hawkins_0002[1].jpg (456KB, 1024x1586px) Image search: [Google]
Sandman_Sandy_Hawkins_0002[1].jpg
456KB, 1024x1586px
>>77553132
>>
Geoff Johns JSA was the best DC superhero team of the 00s. It typifies everything there was to love about the history and legacies of the old DCU. While they're all unknown outside of the comics, those guys were the heart and soul of the DC Universe.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (66KB, 565x891px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
66KB, 565x891px
>>77553132
>>
>>77553132

Wesley and Sandy.

I fucking love the Sandmen.
>>
>>77555172

MAH AFRICAN-AMERICAN BROTHER

It was a shame how little attention he got in the comic after it got re-titled. Especially considering he's one of the oldest members of the team, right after Alan, Jay, Ted Grant and (kind of) Carter.
>>
A while back I came to a conclusion about the difference between the Justice League and Justice Society.

In the League, they wear their underwear on the outside.
In the Society, it's clear from some characters that they don't wear any underwear.
>>
File: Captain_Marvel_0012.jpg (320KB, 794x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Marvel_0012.jpg
320KB, 794x1227px
>>77553132
Captain Marvel.

I've always felt that Billy fit better with the JSA since he never lost that Golden Age feel to him, at least before nu52.
>>
>>77549811
JSA seems to do a whole lot of nothing. Every drawing I see of them they are just sitting around plying games and shit
>>
>>77562371

The JSA pull their weight, man.

We like to draw them chilling out a lot though because they're a great big extended family and they have a lot of fun character dynamics with the big rotating roster of legacies.
>>
>>77562371
Let those old niggas have a rest, most of them are literal geriatrics.
>>
>>77562518

Alan, Jay and Ted could still hand you your ass, you whippersnapper.
>>
>>77556276
I love this dude, he's so cool in my opinion.
>>
>>77562371
The JSA don't roll out for every bullshit fight, but they're on call for magical assholes like Mordru. They're also the honey pot for EVERY stupid nazi plan ever, so the JLA doesn't have to deal with that shit.
>>
>>77553132
Sand
>>
>>77553132
Ted
>>
JLI
>>
>>77570305
>JLI
my nigga
>>
>>77553132
Power Girl
>>
Why does everything have to be a contest?

Like many have said, I like the JLA to be like the gods on Olympus, but the JSA are like the gods' retired dads.

Sometimes you're working on your house and your tools and knowledge just aren't gonna cut it for a certain problem, and it's time to call the old man down to show you how it's done with his beat up old and tools from like 1956 that somehow work better than any modern ones.
>>
>>77570429
fucking this
>>
>>77570429
>Why does everything have to be a contest?
Because it's fun
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.