[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"How Man Of Steel traumatised me so much I created Huck"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: Huck04_CvrA.jpg (157KB, 593x900px) Image search: [Google]
Huck04_CvrA.jpg
157KB, 593x900px
http://www.gamesradar.com/mark-millar-how-man-steel-traumatised-create-huck/

>You see, I love cartoonish ultra-violence as much as the next Glaswegian (see this year’s Kingsman: the Secret Service where Colin Firth takes down 100 fundamentalists in a Southern Baptist church), but at the same time I also feel we need a little balance. In amongst all these very dark, angst-ridden and sometimes very serious superhero movies that have made Hollywood a lot of money over the last fifteen years I’m sensing a need for a little hope too, a little LESS super-cool bad-assery. This really hit me hardest, I think, when I was watching Henry Cavill’s turn as Superman in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel a couple of years back.
>Now let me preface this by saying that I’m an enormous fan of everyone involved in this movie from the director to the writer to Cavill himself, who I think is a terrific and enormously likeable Superman. I’ll also say that I’ve been there in the front row from X-Men’s bleak Auschwitz opening, to Willem Dafoe being crucified against a wall in Spider-Man, to Ang Lee’s introspective Hulk, to Batman officially stopping smiling EVER circa 2004. I’m all for it. After decades of campiness and often journeymen directors I fell to my knees and praised the level of talent we suddenly saw attached to these characters I’d loved my entire life. We had legitimisation! We were finally being taken seriously! But Summer 2013 as I sat there on Father’s Day and saw Superman beating the bad guy by twisting his neck so hard he broke it and murdered him I really wondered if we’d come to the end of that particular road.
>>
>>77545299
>movie shows an unlikable character
>THAT'S IT! COMICS ARE DEAD! FUCK EVERYTHING.
I really don't know how people that make comics think that movies speak for the whole industry
>>
>>77545299
We just had this thread.
>>
>>77545360
Well, Millar's who shtick is that he's long since stopped writing comics for their own sake and is just looking to get stuff optioned for movies himself. So it makes sense that he'd care a lot.
>>
>Mark Millar
>Hating edgy things
>>
>>77545380
This. Fuck off, OP.
>>
File: superman no kill rule.jpg (785KB, 1600x1164px) Image search: [Google]
superman no kill rule.jpg
785KB, 1600x1164px
>>77545299
>people still don't understand the point of forcing superman to kill zod

You can argue the situation that brought it about but it showed that you can't just magic away your villains and eat shwarma in the end.

Millar worships Superman so it's no surprise he's a big NOT MUH SUPERMAN guy.

>millar plugging his shit as usual

Every
Fucking
Time
>>
File: 1397183667359.png (152KB, 292x379px) Image search: [Google]
1397183667359.png
152KB, 292x379px
>MoS too edgy for Millar

I don't think its that he killed Zod that's the problem, though. I think Waid got it out pretty well.

>The essential part of Superman that got lost in MAN OF STEEL, the fundamental break in trust between the movie and the audience, is that we don’t just want Superman to save us; we want him to protect us. He was okay at the former, but really, really lousy at the latter. Once he puts on that suit, everyone he bothers to help along the way is pretty much an afterthought, a fly ball he might as well shag since he’s flying past anyway, so what the hell.
http://thrillbent.com/blog/man-of-steel-since-you-asked/
>>
>>77545455
It's bad writing even morrison got a better idea for the climax. Killing zod is not the problem but the execution of the scene. Even Nolan was against doing it
>>
File: 1441596767965.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441596767965.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
>>77545669
What was Morrison idea?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (27KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
27KB, 1280x720px
>>77545669

Like I said, what lead to it could've been done better but forcing Superman kill Zod was really effective. And it's not like Superman actually enjoyed doing so.

Is this the face of someone who made an easy choice and felt he won?
>>
>>77545591
>listening to waid
>listening to anyone on marvel's payroll

I'd be willing to bet he got a bonus check for saying that.
>>
>>77545837
Does having DC's dick so deep in your throat make it harder to shitpost?
>>
>>77545868

Excellent rebuttal to common knowledge, anon.
>>
>creates an edgy murderous Dark Knight pastiche
>gets triggered by Man of Steel

what a goat-licker
>>
>>77545957
>what a goat-licker

I get this reference!
>>
>>77545811
>Is this the face of someone who made an easy choice and felt he won?

Cavill delivered on the anguish, but the narrative forced a lethal confrontation in an arbitrary way.

It's not the thing people wanted Superman to have to deal with right out the door.

MoS suffered from being tone deaf or just outright deafening in places, and the Zod thing became the big red target for Snyder and Goyer pushing Superman into a more brutal place.
>>
>>77546008
>brutal

It's called hope, anon. Shit hits the fan and everything is falling apart. You do the worst thing in your life to save the world. And then you get a job and move on.

But I guess Superman has to remain pure and perfect even though it's his first day being a hero.
>>
>>77545751
Fly him out into space and havw an epic fight scene on the moon or Pluto or something until Zod's powers ran out eariler than Kal's due to lack of earth atmosphere.
>>
>>77546988
And then what? His powers will return regardless.
>>
>>77545882
So it does, eh.
>>
File: image.jpg (522KB, 700x1063px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
522KB, 700x1063px
>Now, I like edginess and violence. I mean, I wrote books where the Motherfucker (great name, I know) kills a bunch of kids the goes to rape the Kick Ass's (again, great name, I know) girlfriend. I've wrote books where Captain America decapitates someone with his shield and the Hulk fucks his cousin to make inbred baby Hulks. I've wrote books where not-Batman but a bomb in a pregnant woman's womb (awesome, I know). Hell, I've pitched books where Wonder Woman is raped for 21 pages!

>But let me tell you something. When I saw a brand new, inexperienced Superman break the neck of a genocidal madman who pledged to wipe out humanity out of spite? Over. The. Line. The world got a little darker that day.

>So that's why I wrote Huck, available November 18th for only $3.50 print and $2.99 digital! It's about a retard with superpowers doing good things! Remember, that's Huck (not Hulk), available November 18th for only $3.50 print and $2.99 digital (hell, at that price why not get both)! Get it so you can tell everyone you read the comic before the movie comes out!

Yeah, fuck Millar.
>>
>>77545299
1st we had this thread yesterday

Second Millar had Captain America Decapitate a man with his Shield.

fuck him
>>
>>77547671
I didn't bother to copy and paste the link to the article, he actually said this shit?

That's hilarious. I can't tell if trolling or self aware. LOL.
>>
>>77547673
>Decapitate a man with his Shield

IMMORTAL ALIEN
>>
>>77547794
>>77547673
He also did it with that Muslim Captain, or did he just got his hands cut off and then just died?
>>
File: ehhh.gif (737KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
ehhh.gif
737KB, 200x250px
>Millar
>Disliking edgy shit
>>
>>77547671
>It's about a retard with superpowers
>retard with superpowers
>retard

Hmmm...I smell chum.
>>
>>77547846
Captain Iraq got his hands cut off and then Cap did the deed.
>>
>>77547673
>Captain America has a no kill rule

That literally has never been true. Cap is a Commander in the U.S. Army. He fought in WWII. He has killed SHITLOADS of people. You're getting selectively angry over literally nothing.
>>
>>77547871
Did he do the beheading?

He had a darth maul stick, i do remember that, and that was cool.
>>
>>77547918
No one got beheaded.
Except the immortal alien in the first Ultimates
>>
>>77547936
Well, now i won't read Huck, Millar can't even get his damn stories straight.

unsubscribed.
>>
>>77547897
Maybe the people who blindly hate Millar are the same people who insist that the Nazis were the good guys.
>>
>>77547897
It was retconned back and forth wether Cap actually killed anyone.
Last I checked he still had a clean record.
Yes, it's really stupid and hard to believe.
>>
>>77547860
Not exactly sure if he is but his basic description (because Millar fucking loves one sentence pitches) is "Captain America meets Forrest Gump" and the captions for the comic read "Not a genius. Not a billionaire. Not a playboy. Not a rocket scientist."
>>
HOMO
EST
HOMICIDIUM
>>
Will /co/ ever stop defending MoS?
>>
>>77548113
I don't know.
Will /co/ ever stop shitting MoS?
>>
>>77548113
>>77548133
Alright, I've got a simple solution.

From now on, we all (both sides) agree to refrain from discussing live action on /co/. Deal?
>>
>>77548000
I am so glad I gave up Millar after his shitastic Wolverine: Agent of SHIELD run and even then I stayed around too long.

Also, nice trips.
>>
>>77548113
This isn't about defending MoS, this is about hating Millar for severe case of hypocrisy

maybe he's mad because he was never allowed to write Superman again
>>
>>77548306
Calm down, Anon. Life is too short for hatred over such trivial matters.
>>
>>77547860
Jokes on you, he actually is retarded! Storytime is up.
>>
>>77545882
>>77545837
For the longest time I though this retarded "console wars" bullshit that has been plaguing /co/ was /tv/ shitposting.

But no, you convinced me anon. There are people this dumb that will protect and shit over companies in fucking /co/ of all places.
>>
>>77549592
Actually they are from /tv/.
>>
>>77547671

Considering how Millar likes to shove his fetishes into nearly everything, I'm surprised he didn't just name the book Kek.
>>
We had this thread already. Millar's a fucking hypocrite; we get it.
>>
>>77547936
Abomination got half beheaded by Hulk
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.