[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when this show didn't suck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 36

File: sucks.gif (271KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
sucks.gif
271KB, 300x200px
Remember when this show didn't suck?
>>
Nope.
>>
>>77526903
I can't remember stuff half a decade ago

really bad long term memory
>>
Yeah I was here yesterday
>>
I really thought that AT was crap from the very beginning. The characters were more annoying than they were endearing and the humor sucked shit for the most part. The only character I kind of liked was Ice King.
>>
I have a friend with an adventure time tattoo and it just pains me that the show keeps getting worse.
shit show for a tattoo really
>>
>>77526903
Yes, it was five minute ago. Fucking great episode.
>>
>>77527307
What the Hell? The show has always been great. It only has 2 or 3 bad episode in season 5 and that's it.
>>
>>77526903
Given that the show never changes I would say it either always sucked and you just now noticed or it doesn't suck and your just coming up with excuses as to why you don't watch it that aren't "I grew up".
>>
>>77527291
In the beginning me too, I had the very same view point but quickly got use to it. But looking at Adventure Time now is pretty embarrassing.

The writing has gone completely down the shit hole, almost mirroring the current run of Steven Universe.
>>
>>77527348
How so? The whole of season 6 was perfect and Season 7 so far is great.
>>
File: 1035.gif (488KB, 284x210px) Image search: [Google]
1035.gif
488KB, 284x210px
>>77527307
>I have a friend with an adventure time tattoo
>>
Nothing good lasts forever lads
>>
What are you talking about, OP?

AT's been off the air for years. Great fucking finale, too.
>>
File: marcy.png (1MB, 1920x1026px) Image search: [Google]
marcy.png
1MB, 1920x1026px
was it rape?
>>
>>77527378
After season 2 it sucked so bad for so long that I nolonger care if it's ever good again. That's how bad it sucked. And frankly, from what little I've seen of 6, I have no reason to believe it's been a return to form.
>>
>>77527378
I think I started disliking the show when the writers refused to write Finn out of the Flame Princess arc. That lasted for about two and a half seasons I think. What made me absolutely face palm was the "Breezy" episode midway season 6.
>>
>>77526903
Except since season 4 the show has consistently gotten better and more maturely written.
>>
>>77527504
>That lasted for about two and a half seasons I think
Except it went over in just half a season.

> "Breezy" episode midway season 6.
Breezy was at the BEGINNING of season 6, and it actually did the right thing of putting an end to all the drama that was going on in season 5. That episode was good.
>>
>>77527445
Denial can not save you from the knowledge that PB is an immortal lesbian shacking up with a Vampire Queen and Finn is forever alone.
>>
File: 1435652437920.png (33KB, 205x252px) Image search: [Google]
1435652437920.png
33KB, 205x252px
>>77526903
I thoroughly enjoyed last weeks episodes. Everyone. So yeah.
>>
>>77527565
Yeah my memory is a bit fuzzy, I basing all of this off the top of my head.

I enjoyed "Breezy" to an extent but always thought to myself why the writers would bog down Finn with trivial shit like relationships when his real love is adventure. I dunno maybe I thought the show called "Adventure Time" not "Depression Time."
>>
Island lady and Jake's tail as a sad clown are the last two good eps I remember. I dropped the show since the writers clearly weren't heading to any direction and filler stuff isn't really interesting.
>>
When does this get bad

I'm in the middle of season 3 and have been thoroughly enjoying it aside from Sugar episodes
>>
>>77527767
I could forgive Adventure Time for it's early episodes because it was still tying to find it's footing in terms of world building. But now that it has its lore, characters, locales, it refuses to do anything with it all.

The same way I feel about Steven Universe is the same way I feel about Adventure Time, it's too little too late. I can't stand to watch so many bullshit episodes in a row with the main objective taking a backseat, while simultaneously introducing more conflict. It's atrocious writing because it lacks narrative coherence.
>>
Just a few minutes ago, I was having nostalgia over Guardians of Sunshine. The golden age will never come back.
>>
>>77527972
Adventure Time at its best.
>>
>>77527972
That was a great episode. Pretty much encapsulates what made early AT good, the inventiveness and creativity.
>>
File: 1424588285614.jpg (301KB, 740x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1424588285614.jpg
301KB, 740x1008px
>>77527702
Just because you didn't like one episode the whole series is bad. Right.
>>
>>77528029
No, read my other post.
>>
>>77527378
>the whole of season 6 was perfect
Found the delusional fan
>>
>>77527888
>Aside from Sugar episodes
You don't like having feelings, autist?
>>
>>77527888
>When does this get bad

Objectively speaking it's completely up the the viewer to determine whether an episode is good or bad.

Also it's a shame you don't like the Sugar episodes as much, but you'll see why they're problematic as the series progresses. Long story short Rebecca introduces key story elements to the Adventure Time mythos which will either never be resolved or will become contrived as the series advances.
>>
File: Crime SuspenStories #01-0018.jpg (31KB, 193x270px) Image search: [Google]
Crime SuspenStories #01-0018.jpg
31KB, 193x270px
>>77528162
Half of it is relationshit Tbh
>>
season 7 has been pretty okay i guess, unless you're one of those people who gets irrationally pissed off by lesbians
>>
As a person who has eaten shit before, Season 7 isn't so bad
>>
The first 2-3 seasons were great. Everything after that has been trash.

AT was at its best when it was as a light hearted, series about a boy and his dog exploring the world Ooo and kicking ass, with a little bit of lore in the background for intrigue. Somewhere along the line though, the team ran out of ideas, so they decided to make it "mature" in order to pander to their lorefag fanbase. So they shit out a bunch of horseshit (constant relationshit, PB/Marcy lesbians, quirky "artistic" episodes with no substance or adventure, etc...) in order to avoid writing an actual story.

Rebecca Sugar was the absolute worst offender of this and I'm ecstatic she's gone to her own Tumblr show.
>>
File: 1436974934925.jpg (45KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
1436974934925.jpg
45KB, 352x395px
>>77527378
>season was perfect
Get out.
>season 7 so far is great

Season 7:
1st episode - Bubblegum has a retarded brother who is calmed by spearchucker clicks
2nd episode - Bubblegum and Marceline the tumblr Queen go full dyke together

I didn't make it past that.
>>
>>77527767
Isle de Senorita is one of my favorites
>>
>>77528544
I liked a lot of Sugar's stuff. What bothered me was the pretentious, and empty, shit like Orgalorg. It was all, 'It's philosophy; I'm a smart man for writing this'. No it isn't and no you aren't.

This season has been okay, and I actually like the Marceline special, other then Fin felt nerfed.
>>
Nope.

Lazy art and lazy writing with abrupt endings since the beginning.
>>
>>77527937
The last aired ep were showing Peridot's mindset:She is the only one that knows how current homeworld looks like and how she is adapting to a life on earth.

There is 5 more episodes till mid season finale.By their current pace they will probably finish the cluster arc.

The still got a season and half to fill so that's why they are taking their time.
>>
>>77526903
No, but I remember the time I didn´t have to read posts from hiveminded faggots like you.
>>
File: Filler.jpg (70KB, 780x700px) Image search: [Google]
Filler.jpg
70KB, 780x700px
>>77529399
Yeah that's totally not padding or anything.

I think I've had enough "world building" for a while. Just get to the point lest it stands as nonsense filler.
>>
>>77527937
>>77529399
Fuck of you Steven Universe tumblrinas
>>
File: 1435638336841.jpg (12KB, 236x252px) Image search: [Google]
1435638336841.jpg
12KB, 236x252px
>>77529553
*off
>>
>>77529535
Of the visual media boards(/a/, /co/ and /tv/) /co/ is the most autistic shitters who consider every episode in a children's cartoon that does not tie into a grand cosmic narrative that challenges your philosophy and the inequalities within society to be 'filler' and blindly hate it.

The problem with Steven Universe is that it DOESN'T have 'filler', episodes of menial conflicts with the Gems to make you care about them that are independent from character development or background exposition
>>
>tumblrinas

What? Can you use terminology that doesn't sound fucking retarded. Did you even read the entire post or are you too fucking stupid to read before commenting?

You sound like an autistic eight year releasing pent rage because mommy neglected you. This thread has nothing to do with Shit Universe, and everyone but you understands this.
>>
>>77529713
>The problem with Steven Universe is that it DOESN'T have 'filler'

I can smell the bullshit before it hits the ground.

I'm not expecting every episode to fucking third eye me or shatter my world, I just want it to make sense of the previous episodes before that.

I guess you're okay with an unfired Chekhov's gun. Then by your logic you must be anticipating episodes like "Super Watermelon Island" or whatever garbage is in between before we hit the season two finale.
>>
I wouldn't know, OP. I never watched it. The art is so terrible that I refuse to give it a chance.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 430x497px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 430x497px
>>77529553
stay butthurt ya negro
>>
>>77527416
After all these years this is still the best reaction gif. Not this one specifically due to poor quality.
>>
>>77526903
Honestly, the only episodes I hate are the Fionna and Cake ones. I don't get a lot of the hate around here for AT but whatever. People like different shit.
>>
>>77526903
Only dimly. It's been quite some time.
>>
>>77530067
>I just want it to make sense of the previous episodes before that.
There's no reason for kids cartoons to form a continuous narrative where each episode picks off from the plot string left by the last. An episode of light conflict without any crying or plot endears the characters. It's worked well for Steven but the Gems rarely do anything light that doesn't have any drama bombs or appeal to emotion

I am actually looking forward to that episode because I enjoyed the early S1 episodes the most with weird stuff like Frybo and Cat Fingers
>>
File: ...png (519KB, 719x699px) Image search: [Google]
...png
519KB, 719x699px
>>77528927
>What bothered me was the pretentious, and empty, shit like Orgalorg. It was all, 'It's philosophy; I'm a smart man for writing this'.

If you attach "And everyone who disagrees is a dummy who only wants slapstick" then that is literally the plot of Sadface.

I also can't stand how pointless all this "deep" stuff is since it doesn't seem to be important to the world or even the characters at all. It just pisses me off that Orgalorg and the comet lead to absolutely nothing; you could have missed those episodes and several of the ones leading to it and not even have known. What was even the point of that and hyping it up so much?
Adding Finn's dad to that make it extra cringey. There was no resolution between them, no new information added. He was revealed to be the same loser Finn first met in that space prison. Ultimately there wasn't even a reason to make that character as it didn't push any bit of story further. Finn wasn't even looking for his dad beforehand, he didn't care, so suddenly adding him into adventure time was a completely pointless endeavor.
>>
>>77530495
Please take kids cartoon out of the equation, it's any story that isn't bogged down with excessive fluff that irks me.

No problem with light episodes, for example Avatar: The Last Airbender did it the best in terms of balancing plot with side adventures. The writers never forgot the overall objective of stop the Fire Nation. They never placed the driving force behind something trivial such as cleaning a lake or something. it was a constant nagging behemoth that grasped at your attention always.

But unfortunately the plot has to take a backseat to Steven singing in drag or Steven fighting sentient watermelons. The show is filled with too many menial tasks that kills it for me. I too enjoyed the earlier episodes and wonder why the writers would introduced a looming threat if they're not taking it seriously. They might as well never have brought it up all.
>>
>it's any story that is bogged down with excessive fluff that irks me.
>>
>>77531177
Explains why /co/ hates anime
>>
>>77531271
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
>>
>>77531123
Is your expectation to have a serious drama about gay rock aliens fighting other gay rock aliens next to a tourist town? That doesn't seem very realistic. It's also not realistic to care about the plight of the good guy rock aliens when there are barely any episodes about them as individuals and not crying about their problems and past. When you want EVERY episode to be important in a nine minute cartoon you're just going to go in circles glossing over the same points the way that they've been doing with all the 'plot' episodes. This is not a grandiose adventure that from the very start establishes a goal and threat like Avatar with the Fire Nation ; it's a kid and his mineral muff munching aunts around weird stuff. All the Homeworld bullshit is the plot that was later established by the show, but it should not completely eclipse dicking around with people in the town and monsters
>>
>>77531973
>Is your expectation to have a serious drama

No, I want the show to act accordingly to it's established mood. I don't care if it ups the ante, just have a reason which should based off the foundation of episodes previous.

>That doesn't seem very realistic.

Dude it's a cartoon about gay rock aliens fighting other gay rock aliens. Reality is far from it. But you know what is real? The plot which was brought forth by the writers of a looming threat that may destroy the fictional world of Steven Universe.

>there are barely any episodes about them as individuals

We are 70+ episodes in and we're STILL worrying about characterization? Are you kidding me? I'll be fair and bundle two 11 minutes episodes into one 22 minute episode making it about 35 episodes thus far or theoretically a season and a half. Why have we not lay down the foundation for characterization yet? Are the writers this incompetent? Besides most of the main cast do have their own episodes, and the Beach City inhabitants. Some more than others but they do have character-centeric episodes.

>This is not a grandiose adventure

I know, but it's still an adventure that I want to see all the way through without having to be repeated similar set pieces such as Amethyst likes to eat, Garnet is cool, and Pearl is organized. Do you understand?

tl:dr: Steven Universe should advance the story set forth by the writers without having to have every other episode dedicated to menial task because the writers want to shoehorn: x just because.
>>
Here I thought this was an Adventure Time thread.
>>
File: 1447807194747.webm (534KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1447807194747.webm
534KB, 640x360px
RAPE TIME
>>
>>77533419
what the fuck was that
>>
>>77527348
Shit man I love steven universe. I feel like rebecca wont get me invested in something that just falls apart when they are done building up to it. I remember finn always wanting to neet another human and then when betty came back he just stayed in the background and smiles.
>>
>>77533419
I gained some new respect for AT here.
>>
>>77531123
>They never placed the driving force behind something trivial such as cleaning a lake or something

Isn't that literally the plot of painted lady?
>>
>>77534358
driving force = stop the Fire Nation
painted lady episode = painted lady episode

stop the Fire Nation > painted lady episode

And yes I purposely referenced this episode.
>>
>>77534543
And the Great Divide?
>>
File: 1440993073916.png (53KB, 228x258px) Image search: [Google]
1440993073916.png
53KB, 228x258px
>38 posters
>78 replies

So is it just one AT fan boy defending this shitshow? Because that's a lot of samefagging.
>>
>>77537378
This thread went to shit after I mentioned Steven Universe in the same light as Adventure Time (both being shit), and the resulting outcome was complete and utter autism that would make Chris Chan seem normal.
>>
>>77526903
Yes.
>>
File: 1442537105495.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1442537105495.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>77527307
What shows are good for tatoos anon
>>
>>77528679
Bubblegum and Marcy sharing an episode = going full dyke
>>77526903
It's still fun. S5-7 fluctuates between being below average and above average, with S5 having the most good episodes out of the three. Season 7 hasn't really had any spot on episodes yet.
>>
>>77526903
Seems like such a long time ago
>>
I actually really liked Stakes.

I stopped watching AT a couple seasons ago, but was surprised that this was funny and interesting. If it keeps it up, I'll probably start watching again.
>>
>>77527308

This. Come on, an entire saga on hunting vampires? All that excellent Marceline character development/backstory?
KoO finally getting deposed?

The Hierophant alone would've made his own episode 7/10, but that whole arc was an easy 8.5 or 9.
>>
>>77537913
>I have approximate knowledge of many things
>>
>>77533561

Perfect, that's what it was.

VK either has Marceline continue his vampire race, even as its sole member, or he has his nemesis kill herself, giving him a final posthumous victory. And as an unexpected bonus, it even allowed him to get revived- along with every vampire Marcy's ever soul-sucked.

Xanatos dreams of making gambits like that.
>>
>>77527972
That was pretty mediocre for a season 2 episode though anon.
>>
>>77527888
Halfway through season 4 abouts.
And nigger fuck off, literally every (and I'm not even exaggerating) episode Sugar made in season 2 was fantastic. Literally. This is a fact.
>>
>>77526903
>crying
We talking about Adventure Time or Steven Universe here?
>>
>>77538441
Most of them are just okay and The Real You is a big poo. Only It Came from the Nightosphere and Morituri Te Salutamus are really fantastic and I've made it up to the season 4 opener where she no longer has Muto reigning her in

Also her songs suck, whoops
>>
>>77526903
I'm trying, but no. It's always been autistic screaming and horrible, terrible fan pandering with disastrous results - the show.
>>
File: no llores por mi.jpg (1MB, 2052x2588px) Image search: [Google]
no llores por mi.jpg
1MB, 2052x2588px
>>77538492
Seriously for a while SU's crying became ridiculous, apparently some exec made them aware of this as they both toned it down and actively began to make fun of it.

Too bad his change came after the show took a gigantic nosedive, aka season 2.
>>
>>77538654
>Power Animal
>Chamber of the Frozen Blades
>Susan Strong
>bad
>thinking The Real You was bad

Well I suppose there's no accounting for bad taste.
>>
>>77538733
why do people hate S2 so much? I'm only a casual SU watcher but it's seemed alright so far. neat opening
>>
>>77538742
I didn't say bad. They're just okay
>>
>>77538733
Well, their target audience tends to cry 24/7 from being triggered in their safespaces too, so is it really that strange?
>>
I think the last episode I truly enjoyed was Puhoy, even if it had the usual bullshit status quo ante bellum by the end of it.

To the anons that still follow this wreck of a show, has Puhoy even been mentioned in further episodes?

Also, could anyone spoonfed me about the marceline miniseries? As I'd like to know what did they do to her this time.
>>
>>77538774
Eh, fair enough then. I don't see how though, they're all pretty damn strong. People jerk off over her songs and sad feelz but Sugar was great at humor and action too. Who knows how much of that was Muto carrying her, but she was definitely competent herself too.

Though I do feel The Real You is one of her weaker episodes; still pretty strong in my objectively correct opinion.
>>
>>77538766
>Chinese cartoon references, homages and "inspirations" when through the fucking roof, beginning with the opening
>Pearl completely destroyed as a character
>Garnet elevated to Mary Sue status
>Implied, kinda fun lesbianism now is effectively a central aspect of the show
>Steven is slowly devolving into a Gary Stu that can do no wrong
>Connie

I quite liked Peridot's redemption arc though, even if she was turned into a midget for no fucking reason whatsoever, and it's the only reason I still watch the damn thing.
>>
>>77527445
I was happy he found somebody to love. I'm sure they grew up together and had lots of cute tween sex, and all that jazz.
>>
I never forget when i first discovered Adventure Time, in still remember watching that first episode with zombies, shit was so good.It was only around season 6 that i felt they kinda dont know where to go with this show, i like it now tho
Its one of the few long running cartoons that stayed good like south park did
>>
>>77538790
Remember that big red nigga at the end of Puhoy? He was mentioned again, that's about it. Pillow family is dead forever, along with them Finn's happiness.

Marceline miniseries is about (literal spoilers) Marceline becoming mortal again and inadvertently releasing the souls of all the vampires she killed in the past back into the world. She, PB, Finn and Jake have to hunt them down. Has a light sprinkling of backstory with some decent action and character interaction, but the show is still kind of sluggish and boring as per usual at this point.
It's still decently interesting though, worth a watch if you still give a shit about AT.

The whole thing leaked online so if you aren't careful you will be spoiled like a motherfucker.
>>
>>77538833
Sugar is a talentless hack that makes bad, unoriginal crap and only continues to get work due to being in a tight-knit semi-nepotist community of back-patting sycophants and degenerates.
You need to take this into careful consideration.
>>
>>77527888
>doesn't like Sugar episodes that early
bad news for you buddy
>>
>>77538885
Finn's too pure for that, he got grossed out by concepts like kissing.
He was the chaste hero til the end I'm sure, banging would get in the way of him saving the world.
>>
>>77538936
Be that as it may she made some nice work in the past and I will not deny that.
>>
>>77538957
I don't want to drop the t-word but it's so like them to envision a scenario revolving two lesbians where an incompetent white boy who's forever cockblocked and/or forcibly chaste defends them with his life despite never getting either girl.
>>
>>77538957
ah geez, all little boys are like that. once puberty took over he woulda been a real lady killer.
>>
>>77538441
you will like where this series is going
>>
>>77538775
nu moot needs to word filter "trigger"
>>
No, cause I'm still having fun.
>>
>>77539169
He doesn't need to wordfilter something just because it triggers you, lil buddy. The world isn't always going to be your own personal safe space.
>>
>>77527888
How come you aren't enjoying Sugar's stuff? Usually people don't start bitching about her until season 4 at least.
>>
>>77526903
Good series
>>
>>77539169
I vote we have it filtered with diddled/diddler/diddles/diddle.
>>
Watching / translating last "Stakes" episode now, and I gotta say this: there is no effort. It's clear that writers just gave up. They don't even try to make anything sensible anymore, they probably just write whatever comes to their heads and ship it to storyboarders
>>
>>77538733
I didn't mind Steven constantly crying. He's an extreme diva type personality. However, the other characters do seem to cry more than they should.
>>
>>77527475
Bait. You're only asking this because you know it will anger /co/ and trigger /co/mblr, and spark an argument. /co/mblr see's rape everywhere because muh rape culture, and /co/ wants to deny it because /co/mblr = bad and vampires = cool. Vampires were kind of a rape metaphor a long time before AT got a hold of them, and even then the connection is tenuous at best.
>>
File: 1436917991267.jpg (27KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
1436917991267.jpg
27KB, 402x402px
>>77537913
GOD DAMNIT WHY DID THE WRITING GO FROM GOAT TO SHIT IN JUST A FEW YEARS.
>>
>>77527064
>doesn't like classic AT
>can't handle sexy Maps
is there anything not wrong with your view of the world?
>>
>>77540148
Are you talking about all the weird slang? Yeah a lot of it I don't even try to understand what the heck they said, like whatever the fuck Finn said when PB asked them if they knew what hubris was
>>
>>77526903
The pilot was really good.

Shame about the series.
>>
>>77541351
First few seasons were better than the pilot anon
>>
Arnt people who hate on current Adventure Time the same kind that say South Park was so much better and they miss when someone screamed OH MY GOD THEY KILLED KENNY
I think there the same kind of fags
>>
File: fsadfasfdaf.png (935KB, 1533x989px) Image search: [Google]
fsadfasfdaf.png
935KB, 1533x989px
Really?

How did you not feel something during the last episode?
vid related
https://youtu.be/urrOyaKg13M
https://youtu.be/Vu_oJR2psGY
>>
>>77526903

I remember last night, yes.
>>
>>77540493
He likes Revolutionary Girl Utena
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 960x540px
I still like it.
>>
>>77540484
Kill yourself you memespewing faggot.
>>
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>77528250
> introduces key story elements to the Adventure Time mythos which will either never be resolved or will become contrived as the series advances.

like what?
>>
It's good again with season 7!

However the problem that still persists that Finn has gone from righteous hero to a bumbling side character buffoon who can't do anything right anymore both literally and morally. He's like Homer Simpson from Police Cops.
>>
File: 1447302046887.png (1MB, 1639x682px) Image search: [Google]
1447302046887.png
1MB, 1639x682px
>>77540588
That was only a part of it. I'm talking about everything. Actions, words, situations, characters, resolutions etc.

It's quite sad, actually. Someone needs to shoop flyer to be about AT, not SU. Which would still be ironical, because RS sucks ass nowadays too
>>
>>77526903
My main problem is that Finn is becoming a bigger and bigger loser as the show goes on.
First he's the greatest hero in Ooo.
Then he's a pretty good hero.
Now he's basically an in-universe joke.
This is what happens when cartoons strive to be 'comfy' and 'relatable'.
>>
>>77544988
Amusingly enough, i can't find modern AT either comfy or relatable. If anything, older episodes felt much more that way
>>
>>77544988
>Now he's basically a writers joke.

Let Me Fix That For You.
>>
>>77540484
The writing didn't go to shit. The show is awesome.
>>
>>77526903
>Nope.jpg
>>
File: Orange Man.png (4MB, 2177x1633px) Image search: [Google]
Orange Man.png
4MB, 2177x1633px
>>77541463
Simple, I didn't.
>>
>>77544690
>>77540148
The fuck? Stack is fucking great.
>>
>>77526903
When I finally caught up with the show season 4 had already started...

Surprisingly the latest episode was ok. The "Everything stays" song was very heartwarming.
>>
>>77544988
>My main problem is that Finn is becoming a bigger and bigger loser as the show goes on.
Except, no. it's like you don't even watch the show and want to spout out a pre-made opinion.

Finn only sucked in Season 5.
In Season 6, he defeated the Lich King, beat a giant ass-tree monster that would have destroyed all of Candy Kingdom, helped resurrect Prismo, and stopped Orgalorg's evil plan.

And in Season 7, he was the first person people went to to ask to stop the vampire.
>>
>>77547988
By "the latest" I meant "Everything stays", apparently a few new ones came out.
>>
>>77544988
confirmed for not watching the show.
>>
>>77526903
AT was only good back then because it was better than the CN Real crap that was being shoved down our throats at the time. Watch it again now and it's not that great just less relationship shit.
>>
>>77548064
Finn has been a faggot for while now family, especially in Stakes
>>
>>77540588
Also the random interjections of Spanish, French, and German words sometimes multiple times per sentence for no reason.
Fuck that.
>>
>>77548150
His incompetence in stakes actually really threw me off after seeing how capable he was in the series proper up until lately.
>>
>>77548150
Stakes is Marceline centered, and even there he has pulled several great tricks.
And certainly not for a while, he just has defeated Orgalorg.
>>
>>77527565
This. I actually liked Breezy. I liked that Finn was growing up and going through the same things a lot of us did.

>>77527937
Continuity is new ground in Western animation. Story arcs are still being experimented with.
>>
>>77526903
ballon music is the future
>>
>>77527937
>I can't stand to watch so many bullshit episodes in a row with the main objective taking a backseat, while simultaneously introducing more conflict.
It's the Slice-of-life-with-bigger-arc approach. i can understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally like it. It's a bit like seeing super heroes in their daily life.
>>
File: 196-d3f464dc34.jpg (250KB, 1487x904px) Image search: [Google]
196-d3f464dc34.jpg
250KB, 1487x904px
>>77538936
Her ideas are mostly hacky but she has talent. In storyboards her sections stand out because they're raw and powerful, and the forms have actual volume.

I wish she had time to actually draw more of Steven Universe instead of having other people execute her ideas.
>>
>>77541420
It's the same type of fags saying "it's nothing but fart jokes" about both old South Park and old AT. They want to be screamed at from a soap box because they can't understand the underlying themes in something that's superficially immature.
>>
>>77526903
>hur dur the show was never good
>hur dur the show is still good
As an ex-brony, I know just how you feel.
>>
>>77545058
That's the irony the writers don't see. Exaggerated characters can reflect humanity better than more subtle ones that try to reproduce real people exactly. Especially when your understanding of what is means to be "real" is so...negative. Finn has no vitality anymore because he's a shallow copy of a real person instead of a character.
>>
>>77548008
>conveniently ignoring all the ways in Stakes he was a borderline retard for laughs and convenience
>>
>>77549623
Not really. In yesterday's episode, he is even the one who help Marceline break her Ice chackle.
>>
>>77537913
that episode was awesome
>>
File: 1440316355180.png (305KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1440316355180.png
305KB, 500x476px
>>77538733
>Crying and Singing vs. Deep 'n' Serious Time
Oh please, you guys.
>>
>>77543739
As do I.
I'm not really bothered much by the changes the show has gone through over the years.
>>
>>77549623
He really wasn't. Vampires are just crazy powerful, not much a human boy can do against them. Not that he didn't try. Like holy shit that kid has balls
>>
>>77549575
>Finn has no vitality
>taunted and ran at vampires all through stakes
>>
Well look on the bright side ,anon. At least we've got Chinese AT now.
>>
>>77549509
I wish I could get off the ride but it's too late now, should've left somewhere around where Season 2 ended and Season 3 began.

The characters have been pretty bastardized because of all the different writers wanting to put their spoons in the soup.

Although to be fair, I read the lore book and it wasn't good. Don't know if it was AKR, Faust, or both at fault but AKR put her name on it so I'm assuming she deserves most of the blame.
>>
>tfw I never stopped liking the show even when others were calling it "bad"
>>
>>77526903
Can we just rename this thread "/sug/" and at least be honest about it. You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>77553293
...why? Did you even read the thread or did you see that Pearl reaction image and assume we're all talking about SU?
>>
desu Stakes was the best AT in a LOOONG time
>>
I still like it. It isn't as good, but it's still good.
>B-but fanbase
Definitely makes sense, no no, really. It does.
>>
>>77553398
This
>>
File: 1353214473808.jpg (47KB, 296x300px) Image search: [Google]
1353214473808.jpg
47KB, 296x300px
>>77553140
>that feel when never even got on the ride
>never even had a problem with the fanbase before the board was made
>mfw only going on that board to watch the drama and constant writefaggotry
>>
File: 1436994031924.png (680KB, 619x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436994031924.png
680KB, 619x480px
/co/, explain why you don't like this show anymore. "Because it's shit" or "Because x is shit" isn't a reason. Explain why it is shit.
>>
I understand people getting annoyed that Finn's a dope in the miniseries but I'm sort of okay with it, from what I've seen he of the first 4 episodes he's acting more clumsy and kind of ineffective than he should be but this is kind of something that's always happened in this show. Like Jake, Finn gets buffed up or neutered like crazy to meet plot needs all the time. Kind of lazy writing but that happens in like all media ever to some extent.

I don't necessarily like it, but I'm okay enough with it. Maybe he'll do something outrageously retarded later on to tick me off though, who knows. I mean, I guess the hundreds of people who watched the leaks do, but whatever.
>>
>>77553548
Nah Finn doesn't do anything uncharacteristically bad.
>>
>>77553398
Agreed. Having not watched the leaks, Monday's episodes were good but yesterday's were amazing.
>>
>>77553548

>It's ok for male heroes to be retarded even if they have training and are pretty strong
>Everyone else is perfect and super competent
>>
>>77526903

Why is Finn so fucking useless? Everyone is better that this little shit and he is supposed to be the MC!
>>
>>77554004
If you're implying PB and Marcy are perfect and super competent, ur bein dumb
>>
>>77554031
Because he's a 16 year old human without any special powers? He does what he can
>>
>>77554093

Then murder him already or give him something of an edge! He is completely useless in that universe!

It almost feels like the show itself DOESN'T want him to be the protagonist.
>>
>>77554004
I said it wasn't perfect but it just happens and you gotta get used to it.
You implying this shit doesn't happen to the hoes too? Given all her powers Marcy should be able to destroy the freaking world whenever she wants, even with losing most of them by being a mortal, and ever since they made PB into an apparent super genius who always has a fallback plan all those times she needs to depend on Finn and Jake make her look retarded.

But this kind of stuff happens in a show inn order to create conflict that the characters can't get rid of in 5 seconds.
>>
>>77527445
Honestly, yeah. This should have been the ending. It would have been perfect, if they stretched that arc to 4 episodes aired as the end game of Season 3, instead of 3 episodes misplaced through 2 seasons. Maybe introduce The Lich as a threat for a few episodes, leave off with them being younger and presumably coming back to rule at the right age, and LemonGrab being left to clean up after the larger battle with The Lich and rule until then, I would have been completely content.
>>
>>77554130
>Given all her powers Marcy should be able to destroy the freaking world whenever she wants

Not possible as long as things such as the Lich or Gunter exists... how come the Lich havent tried to use her or her daddy for one of his plots?
>>
>>77554122
The appeal is that he's a normal human among all this whacked out shit. Ever since the pilot, he wouldn't of been able to do the things he does without Jake.

But instead of being scared and hiding, he goes out and seeks all this deadly insane shit because he thinks it's fun
>>
>>77554186
Lich doesn't seem to care about dimensions other than the main one, unless they let him blow up the main one like Prismo's room.
I wonder if the Lich considers the demons in the Nightosphere as part of 'life' and would want to destroy them. They are deathless aren't they? But at the same time they're clearly still alive and stuff.
>>
>>77554169
Man, that sounds so boring. You really wouldn't want more exploration of this magic post-apocalyptic world, of what happened in the past and what could happen in the future? You wouldn't want to know what the heck was up with candy people existing in the first place?
>>
>>77554196
The motherfucker has Herculean strength a grass arm that can probably shipshape like Marceline does. He even had a prosthesis arm that could fuck shit up but he couldn't have that apparently. I'm pretty sure most of the fanbase would like to see an Infamous-like Finn running around with jake fuckin up baddies and shit.
>>
>>77547848
you're dead inside
>>
>>77554420
They're never gonna go for that angle though, so keep wishing.
And that's dumb, Finn's assets have always been his meager (compared to everyone else) brawn and ferocity and that's it. If you wanna beef him up then he'll just look kind of lame next to all these other mofos who are and will always be way stronger than him.

Most of the fun of Finn's character is that he's actually weak but still know's how to kick ass.
>>
>>77526903
i haven't watched the marceline's episodes yet, but i really liked the first 5 episodes of the new season, way better than the 80% of the previous one
>>
>>77553380
because this thread is 98% bored SU fans getting together to shit on some other show to make themselves feel better. It's not some huge mystery.
>>
Marceline is a bad character and is just shitty waifu bait.
>>
>>77555846
That's.... really dumb

Do you think every negative opinion on this board is by your SU boogeymen?
>>
File: Adventure time serie finale.jpg (180KB, 500x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure time serie finale.jpg
180KB, 500x1224px
the show already ended
im hype for the movie because of Penn
>>
>>77537913
Haha holy shit this happened? What episode?
>>
I've just finished watching the whole of Stakes. I'm really bummed that they killed off Koo, he was the best thing to happen to the show in a long while.
>>
>>77538766
>why do people hate S2 so much?
This is only my opinion but
>show went full gay
>Peridot bland "redemption"
>Peridot bland episodes
>nothing happen
>More awful citizen episodes
>Overall , boring episodes
In my friend words: "I just keep watching SU because i hope something fun happen again , but never happen"
I dropped the show because of Saddie Song , for me it was "this thing is not for me anymore"
kind of revelation.
I also hate how a lot of characters are wasted in shitty episodes. For example Ronaldo.
You could do a lot of things with him. Instead he is wasted in been a normal person with a blog.
>>
>>77553533
S1-3 season
>fun adventures
>clear writing
>no "2deep4u" themes
>just overall fun with some backstory

S4- mid 5 season
>a little drop but show is enjoyable
>new fun characters

mid 5-onwards
>2deep4u episodes
>every fucking old character is back in a "deep" episode

>people said S7 was going to be great again
>1 episode a "lost" bubblegum brother
episode 3 was great tho. Sadly i felt like Canion was a waifu bait more than anything.
and now the vampire "king" shit that is literally a big fan service mini series about Marceline a fap bait.
Basically the show is not about Finn n Jake anymore and i can see why people is pissed and think the show is bad. Myself included.
>>
File: 1338854561093.png (189KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1338854561093.png
189KB, 480x320px
It kinda pisses me off that Finn is so utterly USELESS during the entirety of Stakes. All the kid does is either be a distraction or weak punch the vamps.
>>
>>77557260
This anon disagrees with you
>>77555305
>>
>>77556567
>Saddie Song
just done watching it.what the actual fuck? glad i dropped this shit
>>77537913
KEY HAND
>>
>>77553533
It's no longer funny enough to justify my time, but to convince me it's worth my time it tries to bait me into a story that doesn't go anywhere. And then it tries to tell me it has to be this way, and the fact that the plot won't move is super deep and evocative of real life. FUCK OFFFFF
>>
>>77537913
IPRINCESS BUBBLEGUM, AWAAAAY!
>>
>>77554196
I don't know what show you're watchin but he's never been normal. Jake helps him a lot but he himself is still fantastically powerful in strength and agility. Or was, I guess. Or is, sometimes.

But in any case, I question the value of having him constantly tag along just to show how much he's gets his butt kicked. The show usually treats that sort of thing as distressing, not comedic. Just leave him out if he's not important.
>>
>>77557353
That anon here, and just because Finn is weak does not mean he's useless. That' just the writers jobbing him to make Marcy look better.

If he's written decently he still kicks ass just through heroic determination and all that shit, that's how he's been able to do things like avoid the Lich's mind control and hold off Hunson's amulet for a sort time and a whole deal of other stuff.

Finn shouldn't be useless just because he can't shoot fire from his hands or lift a million pounds of junk like the other characters, but he is useless because the writers aren't utilizing him well.
>>
>>77559358
Being really strong and fast is still a normal human thing
>>
>>77559526
I guess I'm saying lack of physical fighting power has never been much of a feature of the character, even though he has no powers. He had no issue physically kicking the ass of many tough monsters. They take that away from him occasionally in the face of special monsters but if it goes on long enough it starts to get awkward and irritating. But I agree they at least need to focus on his "power", which is will power and resistance to mind control.
>>
>>77556567
>>77557439
>Dropping a show over one bad episode.
It's Get Schwifty all over again.
>>
>>77529553
One of the posts you replied to was literally criticizing SU.
>>
>>77538882
So, stuff that was in Season 1?
>>
File: heh (6).jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
heh (6).jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>77539265
>complains whenever a show appeals to people who doesn't like
>calls people out for being triggered
>>
>>77538936
Why do I need to take your opinion into careful consideration?
>>
>>77538882
What's with the Connie hate? She's one of few decent characters left.

>>77562716
Problem is, those were just sprinkled out through the first season, while they cranked it up to 11 in the second. It's like adding a teaspoon of salt in a batch of cookies while pouring an entire cup in the second batch, it becomes very noticeable after that.
>>
>>77563006
Connie is a Mary Sue and a POC.
>>
>>77526903
Yeah, I remember last night.
The original stuff was shit for children on LSD
>>
File: trump D4C 2.jpg (122KB, 799x522px) Image search: [Google]
trump D4C 2.jpg
122KB, 799x522px
>>77547848
TRUMP, keepin' aliens and various cryptids out of America!
>>
File: angrygods.jpg (75KB, 625x701px) Image search: [Google]
angrygods.jpg
75KB, 625x701px
>>77526903
I remember when it was more lighthearted and funny. Then Finn was a dick for an entire season because he got off on it or something? Then for a while everything funny and harmless looking became a cover up for something dark or some lore bit, which was interesting on it's own I guess, Lore of Ooo on it's own is boring to me but the Space and Finn shenanigans are neat. I haven't really caught up on the newest season though

Chinese Girl Finn Best Girl. Fight me faggots.
>>
>>77563360
*upvotes*
>>
>>77563250
...How? She isn't in very many episodes, and she doesn't do anything different than the rest of the cast. The plot doesn't even revolve around her in any way. Do you just call any female character you don't like a Mary Sue? Is that the new buzzword after "meme"?
>>
>>77563510
>the Space and Finn shenanigans are neat
Yeah they ruin that

in fact that rip off that entire series of arcs heads and shit down their necks
>>
>>77565037
I fucking despise the writers of this show for what they've done with Gunter. Also, the heavily implied lesbo shit has effectively ruined this show.
>>
>>77566096
The aimless meandering about while also somehow managing to ruin the lore and foreshadowings is what's ruining the show. I like this latest vampire arc they did, best thing that's happened to the show in a while, although the writers REALLY don't want Finn to be competent for some reason.

The implied lesbo shit is just dumb, but it's not destroying anything
>>
>>77526903
Yes. Recently reminded honestly from binging Stakes.
I don't get what you jaded fucks are on about, Stakes was really great and woulda fit right in with the early seasons. Season 7 so far as a whole has been doing much better.
Maybe not reaching the exact high as before, but getting close enough to be satisfying. ESPECIALLY after the travesty of Season 6.

The newest episodes have for the most part cut the philosophy shit and went back to focusing on character interactions and mad adventures and shit.
Only real use of the philosophy stuff was near the end of Stakes with Vampire King, and he rocked that shit.
Tomorrow's episode is probably my favorite adventure time in a long ass time simply for the greatness that is Vampire King's character.

>>77566096
>Also, the heavily implied lesbo shit has effectively ruined this show.
Really? That's the straw that broke the camel's back?
So they're implied lesbians. So what? They still went on a fun adventure in the one episode and helped out/did their part throughout Stakes.
>>
File: finsadventures.png (2MB, 1150x1150px) Image search: [Google]
finsadventures.png
2MB, 1150x1150px
>>77526903

I remember when it was about a kid going on adventures, killing monsters and saving princesses.
>>
>>77538055
If you couldn't see they were full dyke you might have a problem.
But that's the only problem with this situation.
>>
>>77527335
Adventure Time is great, y'all have shit opinions.
>>
>>77561479
>implying is just one
as i said it was the last straw for me.
>>
>>77566986
So it was naruto?
>>
Vamp King is a cool dude
>>
>>77526903
the pilot?
yeah, it was pretty funny
>>
>>77569003

yes
>>
File: i'm on to you.gif (915KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
i'm on to you.gif
915KB, 500x300px
>>77543739
Same.
>>
>>77548008
>>77548064
He goes from being Bubblegum's go-to guy to being someone she only seems to feel pity for. For the last couple seasons they've made it clear he's a tier behind Bonnie herself and stakes made him look like a straight up chump next to Marceline.
>>
File: sugar.png (16KB, 361x395px) Image search: [Google]
sugar.png
16KB, 361x395px
>>77527888
>>77528308
I know I'm 2 days late but this has got to be bait

Flame Princess and her "relationshit" weren't introduced until the last episode of series 3, so please tell me which half of these episodes have anything to do relationships?
>>
>>77527348
>The writing has gone completely down the shit hole, almost mirroring the current run of Steven Universe.

>Implying SU wasn't shit from the beginning

>Implying AT wasn't shit from the beginning

Face facts anon. These things were garbage long before tumblr got their grubby hands on them.
>>
>>77527503
Season 3 and 4 is when it shines. I had to force myself to not quit at the beginning with the promise of better episodes in the future. I was paid off.
>>
This thread is still alive?
>>
>>77571277
It's a thread about hating some CN show

I'm amazed it didn't hit the bump limit yet.
>>
>>77556338
he was shown to be alive but melted, dummy
>>
>>77570933
>to being someone she only seems to feel pity for
Confirmed for not watching the show. PB never stopped relying on him.
>For the last couple seasons they've made it clear he's a tier behind Bonnie herself and stakes made him look like a straight up chump next to Marceline.
Wait, are you complaining about Power Level? He is human and she is an half-demon vampire. Of course he is below her in term of pure power. Finn compensate by his courage.

Also, Stakes is centred around Marceline. Finn just saved the universe from Orgalorg. In compairson, all Marceline is doing is killing a few vampires that are out of their time.
>>
>>77571182
To be fair, AT and SU were birthed from the womb of tumblr. So no wonder they're such shit.
>>
>>77564506
Rebecca Sugar, please leave.
>>
>>77570933
>He goes from being Bubblegum's go-to guy to being someone she only seems to feel pity for.
Finn is still the first person she call when she need help for an emergency:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c518JtT0oU
(sorry for the bad quality)

It's like you don't even watch the show.
>>
>>77572046
AT was strongly proppeled by 4chan. 4chan is part of why it raised in popularity and some of the boarder even came here.

and SU got a strong following on /co/ from the very start too. And there is nothing tumblr about it. So far, no one has blammed anyone for being white.
>>
This thread stinks
>>
>>77572106
Except Steven and Finn, who are white, get shit on by everyone.
>>
>>77572154
You should really stop being asspained anc actually watch the show.

Finn and Steven are both fucking heroes and are liked by all their freinds.
>>
>>77572223
They're not really heroes and they really don't have any friends.
>>
>>77572338
Yes they are and yes they have.
>>
>>77572474
Not really. Finn is treated like a slave by others while Steven is ignored/hated by the whole town.
>>
>>77572603
So, you don't actually watch the show. thanks for confirming.
>>
>>77572888
I've seen every single episode and what I've said is the truth.
>>
>>77572933
Finn is treated like an Hero and Steven is loved by almost everyone.
>>
>>77572943
Nope.
>>
>>77572154
They are fucking heroes. They save the day regularly.
>>
>>77572959
Yep.
>>
File: 1446826738649.png (183KB, 370x359px) Image search: [Google]
1446826738649.png
183KB, 370x359px
>>77538733

is this rebecca sugars cry for help?
>>
>>77526903
yes, yesterday
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.