[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRANK MILLER To Return For THE DARK KNIGHT IV http://www.ne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: MILLER.jpg (146KB, 793x855px) Image search: [Google]
MILLER.jpg
146KB, 793x855px
FRANK MILLER To Return For THE DARK KNIGHT IV

http://www.newsarama.com/26831-frank-miller-to-return-for-the-dark-knight-iv.html

What was previously billed as the "final chapter" of Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns "trilogy" is no longer the final chapter at all.

Superstar writer/artist/director Frank Miller has confirmed to Newsarama that he has decided to create a fourth installment of his now legendary future-set Batman story. Miller said the Dark Knight IV story will follow up on the story being told in Dark Knight III: The Master Race, the eight-part mini-series that begins November 25.

And although DK III is being written by Brian Azzarello with art by Andy Kubert and Klaus Janson, Miller indicated he's writing the next one solo.

"I thoroughly applaud what [Brian's] doing. But now that he's doing his, it's now a four-part series," Miller told Newsarama on Monday. "I'm doing the fourth."

Miller indicated he was aware of Azzarello's story, and he emphasized that he supported it. However, he said that after he reads DK3 in full, he intends to create his own fourth chapter (although he did not indicate whether he'd both write and draw the book). According to Miller's language that the series is now "four-part," the former "trilogy" would presumably now end after the fourth volume.

Both DK III and its expected follow-up, DK IV, are set within the world of the now-legendary 1986 series The Dark Knight Returns, as well as its 2001-2002 sequel, The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Look for a full interview with Miller and long-time collaborator Klaus Janson later today here at Newsarama.
>>
>>77526436
Part of me thinks that he knows his time is almost up and thats why he wants to do this one solo
>>
>>77526436
Dark Knight: Boy Wonder any day now
>>
Okay, now I'm just confused... Wasn't the whole selling point of DK3 was that it was the epic conclusion to MillerBat?
>>
>>77526685
Well it was one of it.
>>
>>77526685
Then Miller read it and decided to make a fourth.

So, spoiler alert, he probably thinks it's shit.
>>
>>77526436
>Dark Knight IV: I'm not dead yet I'm getting better
>>
File: 1434052317398.png (129KB, 426x440px) Image search: [Google]
1434052317398.png
129KB, 426x440px
>>77526719
>>
Coming Soon: HOLY TERROR: SACRE DUEX!
>>
>>77526703
You mean... "It's time to shit."
>>
>>77526738
He's draining Stan Lee's lifeforce
>>
>>77526436
This probably won't come out for a while anyways
>>
>>77526807
:^)
>>
It's Miller time.
>>
>>77526703
Probably, but it's possible he has medical bills to pay, even with all the money he made before.

>>77526685
Assuming he needs the work and has gone to this because it's guaranteed to sell at least enough to make it worth everybody's while, he's probably too tired to think of anything new.

I mean yes, cancer is survivable, but no, that doesn't mean even in recovery you get all that energy and creativity back. Physical ongoing problems aside, the emotional and intellectual toll of surviving serious illness is considerable. Nobody comes out unscathed. Very few people successfully return to doing what they were doing before at the same level.

Then again maybe it wasn't all that serious but he's heavily in debt and needs to make money fast. We all know Batman sells.
>>
File: 2Q==.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>inb4 The Spirit 2
>>
Interview's now up:

http://www.newsarama.com/26829-frank-miller-klaus-janson-talk-dk3-s-female-focus-and-dk4-to-come.html
>>
File: Billy_Brown.png (148KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
Billy_Brown.png
148KB, 250x350px
>>77527618
>inb4 The Spirit 2
>>
>>77526436
Well, Brian Azzarello has said Master Race will be much like the recent Batman issue he co-wrote with Snyder and Miller realises he doesn't want this "they dindu nuffin" shit to be his legacy so we end up getting the fourth part.
>>
>>77527660
Heh, in that inverview Frank sounds like he had fuck all to do with DKIII besides letting DC using his name on the cover.
>>
>>77527674
This
>>
File: 9yPkarMF1FndZalbUOghHQmFAVU.gif (22KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
9yPkarMF1FndZalbUOghHQmFAVU.gif
22KB, 200x200px
FRANK AIN'T DONE YET BABY GIVE THOSE WHORES HELL
>>
>>77526436
>Miller indicated he was aware of Azzarello's story, and he emphasized that he supported it. However, he said that after he reads DK3 in full, he intends to create his own fourth chapter
Not whores and Islamaphobia for him?
Might have to check out The Master Race after all. If Frank doesn't like it, it is probably bretty gud.

Alternatively however:
>FRANK MILLER To Return For THE DARK KNIGHT IV
Pic related.
>>
>>77528370
Faggot spotted
>>
>>77526992
the struggle between the two is coming to an end and Miller has been able to outlast Lee and now has reversed the process
>>
CAN'T SHANK THE FRANK
>>
What if reading DK3 re-ignited that spark that made Miller top tier in the 80s?
>>
Who's he siphoning his newly reclaimed life force off of?
>>
>>77528432
>Anon doesn't think like I do
>MUST BE A FAGGOT

Frank Miller fan detected. Then again, you might actually be Frank himself. How is Faust doing, Frank? He teach you a couple of tricks?
>>
I guess DK3 is selling well.
>>
>>77528506
It'd have to undo what 9/11 did to him, and I doubt that's the case. If anything he's pissed about Paris, and >>77526804 is closest to the truth.
>>
>>77528520
You're a faggot because you automatically thought that the reason Frank is writing another story is because this one wasn't "islamaphobia and WHORES"
>>
>>77528527
>isn't out yet
>selling well
Miller magic, son!
>>
Hmm this is an interesting development. It does sound like DKIII won't be the epic finale it's been marketed as.

I wonder if it just kickstarted Frank's creative juices, or if he really doesn't like what Brian did with it. Perhaps a combo of both.
>>
File: 1409290691696.jpg (165KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1409290691696.jpg
165KB, 1058x705px
>>77528660
But thats all he's done since 2001. There are plenty of other anons who've mentioned WHORES. Why aren't you snapping at them?
Holy Terror was garbage, and all it was was Islamaphobic rage depicted because of his anger over 9/11.
As was mentioned, DKR3 was marketed as being the conclusion. All of a sudden its not. Either BAzz is doing something different than how Frank wanted to, or something else COUGH*PARIS*COUGH set him off and gave him another idea for an epilogue to whatever BAzz has done. Either way, it seems off the cuff, and therefore doesn't bode well. Either Frank wants to have the final word, DKR3 doesn't have a satisfying end, or Frank has once again been triggered and thinks his anger makes for a good story. All of which are deserving of pic related.
>>
>>77528506
>>77526703
I honestly think this is what I think happened.
>We need a Dark Knight book that's NEW to coincide with BvS
>Frank Miller is sick and going broke and NuDC (Probably Jim Lee) is trying to treat this aging creator with some respect so they figured they'd write him a check and give him a "consultant" credit and maybe let him do some covers.
>"Frank won't survive another 5 years" so they decide to hype this as "Seriously, this is the end guys."
>Miller actually starts to get healthier, the covers had him in the studio already, his creative juices are actually flowing, he realizes he might actually want to/be alive to do another DK story
>He has to wait until they finish DK3.
>>
>>77528863
>all it was was Islamaphobic rage depicted because of his anger over 9/11.
Untrue.
20% was Batman and Catwoman's romance and 10% was Gordon unddergoing PTSD
>>
File: I'M MY OWN MASTER NOW.gif (1024KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
I'M MY OWN MASTER NOW.gif
1024KB, 300x215px
>We're getting the finale to the Dark Knight saga we deserve
I am fully ready for the insanity
>>
File: 1303778982220.jpg (16KB, 402x285px) Image search: [Google]
1303778982220.jpg
16KB, 402x285px
>>77528900
>>
>>77528993
Yeah.
Did you not read it?
Batman and Catwoman can't stop dry humping each other.
>>
>>77529018
I started.
And couldn't finish because of how shit it was.
And the seriously wasn't asking for confirmation.
It was because I can't believe that was your refute to my description of it. I wasn't talking actual content of the book. I meant his inspiration and motivation while writing the whole thing.
>>
>>77529127
You said
>all it was
And that's not all it was friend
>>
CAN'T STOP THE TANK
>>
>>77526436
Awesome, I'm skipping DK3 simply because Frank the Tank isn't as involved as I would like, it's got a Before Watchmen asspull kinda feel.
>>
>>77529147
>and all it was was [Frank's] Islamaphobic rage depicted because of his anger over 9/11.
You should go see a doctor, m8. It seems you Inferer might be in need of a tune up.
I've already written walls of text today. I'm done spoonfeeding for the day.
>>
>>77529247
>I've already written walls of text today.
I'm so sorry
>>
>>77527660
>female-focus
>>
>>77528894
>and going broke
What? He's had three movies, two of them big hits, based on his creator owned work. Not to mention the sales of his work have always been high
>>
>>77527080
>This probably won't come out

Fix'd that for you - with the hysteria relating to the paris attacks being what they are and the timing of this announcement means we're gonna get something less coherent than holy terror, and it'll never see print until long after the last of the comicbook Millers dies.

>>77528900
>20% was Batman and Catwoman's romance and 10% was Gordon unddergoing PTSD

Depends on what metric you use: Percentage of the STORY dedicated to each of those was probably closer to 50% islamophobia, 49.9999999% catwoman/batman fucking on rooftops, 0.0000001% PTSD. (or alternatively: 100% Miller being Triggered by 9/11).

In terms of page count you have to allow for all the splash pages and stuff, so it's be more 30% Bm/Cw fucking, 30% islmaophobia, 39% blank pages and 1 page of ptsd for gordon.
>>
>>77529525
So we agree?
>>
>>77529247
>I've already written walls of text today

I'm fairly certain people asked you not to.
>>
>>77529540
>So we agree?

Sure.
>>
>>77529453
Going broke is /co/'s go to for baseless speculation.
>>
File: 1410923875901.png (103KB, 745x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1410923875901.png
103KB, 745x1173px
>>77527618
Don't you even fucking joke about that, anon. Don't you fucking dare. I'm pretty sure the gyroscopic force coming from Will Eisner's grave after the first one is still capable of powering the entire east coast for another ten years.
>>
>>77526436
I thought that he was going to make a new Nightmare on Elm Street.
>>
>>77529018
>Batman and Catwoman can't stop dry humping each other.
What are you talking about?
The first five pages or so was them having butt-sex, they got over the dry-humping pretty damn fast.
>>
>>77533594
With their words. They dry humped with their words
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.