[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone still read the funnies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Does anyone still read the funnies?
>>
>>77526363
I do it, daily, why?
>>
>>77526410
Just curious,

I used to read them as a kid when my grandfather was done with the paper

I haven't thought about them until I saw a Garfield thread
>>
>>77526363
I'm subscribed to the Liō, Get Fuzzy, and FoxTrot rss feeds. I stopped reading the physical versions when I realized it was easier to just subscribe to what I liked.

I should read more. I'm sure there are some good newspaper comics out there. Anyone have suggestions?
>>
>>77526715
Heathcliff
>>
>>77526754
No thanks. That sounds like bad news.
>>
>>77526715

I used to like pearls before swine, but haven't actually read the strip in ages. Zits wasn't bad, but it's also high school drama more than not.
>>
I always wished there was some newspaper that would pick up literally every newspaper comic in syndication and have it in its own section or something but with stuff like GoComics I guess you don't really need that
>>
File: 9.jpg (17KB, 529x427px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
17KB, 529x427px
>>77526363
>they call them "funnies"
Because those comics are sooo funny, right?
>>
>>77526997

>He calls them comics

Because these examples of sequential art are sooo comical, right?
>>
>>77526715
>I stopped reading the physical versions when I realized it was easier to just subscribe to what I liked.
I know what you mean, but I still kinda liked reading the comics I didnt like, relate to, or even get. They were just in my range of vision, even though i have nothing nice to say about them
>Buckles
>Close to home
>Rex Morgan MD
>Gasoline Alley
>those Sunday Spider-man comics
>>
When I visit my Grandma's, yeah. Pickles can usually get a chuckle out of me.
>>
>>77527512

I agree. They're all just small stories every day to keep up with. Takes a total of, what? 5 minutes or less.

I used to subscribe to this e-mail service that let me sign up for a bunch of different strips I wanted and each morning it would email me the days comics of it. So when I first woke up, before rolling out of bed I would read them, and the Comic Curmudgeon.

Makes me want to resubscribe just thinking of it. Though I can't recall the name of the service.
>>
>>77526988
There were one or two magazines like that long time ago but they've folded now
>>
>>77526363
Broom-Hilda's my favourite
>>
>>77526363
I do. I especially look forward to Zits (kinda in my 20s) with its visual style. Also, Calvin & Hobbes and the occassional Wumo...emphasis on "occassional".
>>
>>77533375
... early* 20s.
>>
All the time, every chance I get. I like seeing how bad they are and how Marmaduke is not featured because it is trash
>>
>>77527079
Nice response
>>
>>77526997
>shit like Garfield are comics
I bet you also call capeshit "films" instead of admitting they're flicks at best.
>>
File: brutal.gif (2MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.gif
2MB, 359x202px
>>77527079
>>
>>77526363
No, my local paper removed all the comics except for the political ones.
>>
>>77526363
I haven't picked up a newspaper in a long time but most of what I read these days is collections of old strips.
>>
I switched to gocomics after our paper took out Pearls Before Swine. At least now I never have to think about Family Circus. Phobe and Her Unicorn is a fun series.
>>
File: 1445351328626.gif (995KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1445351328626.gif
995KB, 500x281px
>>77527079
Damn son
>>
Do american newspapers still print any serious type comic strips like the phantom or are they all just funnies?
>>
>>77534399
Also stuff like dick tracy and flash gordon
>>
>>77534399
My newspaper doesn't carry any comics like that but apparently a few of them do still exist.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.