[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I've been able to tolerate a lot from this show, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>I've been able to tolerate a lot from this show, but this right here was the final straw for me. The forklift jokes were pretty... okay... I guess. They once again made fun of Joe's disability but I didn't think that much of it seeing that they've done worse.

>Then I saw the whale and it immediately made me shudder just knowing that Peter's intervention was going to leave that poor creature injured or dead. My God, was I right. I knew exactly what was going to happen before it happened, but when the whale cracked open like an egg and it's guts spilled out with Peter still fidgeting around with it and making the thing fall apart on the forklift I said "Nope. No more. That's it." Fuck you writers.

>Stick to pre cancellation storylines, where everything was whimsy like and actually funny, not dark.
>>
It's not a real whale, anon. It was a cartoon
>>
Yeah, most people consider this the show's lowest point.

That or Quagmire and the Simpsons.
>>
File: CG5YP.png (137KB, 1920x2880px) Image search: [Google]
CG5YP.png
137KB, 1920x2880px
>>
>>77512340
You don't really believe that, do you?
>>
>>77512368
Gotta nuke something
>>
Op is a sensitive manlet.
>>
>>77512247
Gee it sure is tale in here.

Holy fuck what is wrong with this generation...

Holy fuck I'm apart of this generation of keks and I feel like grandpa Simpson. The fuck is going on.
>>
>>77512412
Touche...
>>
>>77512443
I meant to say tumblr not tale.

Fucking peice of shit phone!
>>
>>77512415
>>77512443
There is more to comedy than shock value you know.
>>
>>77512325
>Lowest point
Has to be Quagmire's mom, what an unwatchable pile of shit that was
>>
Hey Mr. Enter.

How's the autism and asexuality treating you these days?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-09-01h56m57s703.png (120KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-09-01h56m57s703.png
120KB, 512x384px
>>77512247
OP sincerely, i'm fucking tired of autistic people like you who takes cartoons too seriously, this is just a FUCKING GAG in a fucking TRASH cartoon with a fucking TRASH HUMOR !

you don't like trash humor ? so dont watch and shut the fuck up autist faggot !

the same kind of piece of shit who polute rating websites with autistic reviews like "OH MY GOOD THESE CHARACTERS ARE TERRIBLE PERSONS ! OH MY GOOD THIS IS OFFENSIVE !!"

too many babies on /co/
>>
>>77512526
Back to your TTG threads autismo.
>>
>>77512247
Yeah, this show's been shit for awhile now. Nothing new to see here, folks.
>>
>>77512536
>TRASH show is shit, thus it is okay for it to be TRASH and shit.
You seem upset. Seriously, you didn't even use capitalization in that "post" of yours.
>>
>>77512512

The whole episode or a specific scene?
>>
I'm not offended by the whale mutilation, I'm just offended by the lack of humor in it.
You can't just have a cartoon character slaughter an animal and expect that to be a joke by itself, you need to add a joke in.
>>
File: 1424313439114.jpg (14KB, 241x200px) Image search: [Google]
1424313439114.jpg
14KB, 241x200px
>people on /co/ are still getting triggered by Family Guy
Good lord.
>>
>>77512443
>>77512526
>>77512536
This is copypasta from TV tropes
>>
>>77512589
pretty much this.
>>
>>77512247
Who are you quoting? Are you even telling a story?
>>
>>77512589
This. Killing something is not funny by itself, and thinking that it is by itself is asinine.
>>
>>77512536
so where did you get your RIP brian tattoo
>>
>>77512596
Image macro replies outside /b/ are against global rule #3.
>>
>>77512605
>>77512617

They didn't need to make it so detailed, either.

All that effort to be anatomically correct, and its for THIS.
>>
>>77512650
Go tell the mods to come and ban me then, faggot.
>>
>>77512247
I hated family guy before this scene, but was too lazy to change it the night this first aired. It made me completely give up on the show (I used to watch the kind of funny older eps) but now I'll watch infomercials before I'd watch this again.
Also the fact that fox was all "Lol no Louis can't have an abortion, but let's show a whale be disemboweled and Stewie pregnant, those are fine. Oh and all the puppy abominations can die at the end of the episode because living babies dieing is funny compared to abortion"
>>
>>77512648
>what the fuck you are ?
>Not finding something that you find funny is PC.
>That weird spacing with punctuation.
>Thinking I'm sperging out because of shipping and romance.
Fuck it, you are clearly either baiting or just mentally handicapped.
Not replying after this post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZN1HowUV5Q&list=PLIdyNxqWawTlRuWS7f9HFQ1WX7_8Qc_oF&index=8
>>
>>77512704
You're dumb for replying to a formula bait in the first place.
>>
Yeah, it's not really surprising. Yeah, it's about what you'd expect from Family Guy since the show has gone to shit. And as always, anyone can just go watch something else.

That's all true but that doesn't really excuse it for being shit. And the truth remains: it's not funny, it's not entertaining, and it's in very poor taste. Saying that this is the point where you've dropped the show because it's just gotten too bad is a perfectly valid opinion to express.
>>
>>77512704
I don't specially find Family Guy funny but your thread is just ridiculous as hell ! you write a fucking analysis for a dumb gag just for saying "muh muh this is no funny because he kills a whale" seriously this is autism or underage behavior, why you takes cartoons so seriously ? especially adult cartoons makes for be purposely offensive ? all of this things are not real you know ?
>>
>>77512572
Whole episode, unless I'm mistaken it was the one with the "Justin" first act.

Usually Family Guy seems to have a decent to good first act but that one just shit the bed.

Really they would work better as a show with a 15 minute air time.
>>
>>77512820

Yeah, thats the one.

Eh, wasn't any different from a Glenn episode. The Quagmires are just terrible people.
>>
>>77512536
Toot you're drunk.
You're right but you're drunk
>>
>>77512247
People still watch family guy?
>>
>>77513072
It's just on while they're on their phones.
>>77512736
But not in greentext.a
>>
>>77512247
What pasta is this?
>>
>>77512274
/thread
>>
>>77513436
Tvtropes
>>
1-3 Great
4-8 Garbage
9-12 Okay
I sat through 9-12 as white noise while I did other shit, I chuckled at least once per episode, most stuff was pretty blank expression otherwise but no where near as bad as /co/ always makes it out to be, except 4-8
>>
I'm pretty sure that episode about Quagmire's sister getting abused would've broke the camel's back for alot of people. That shit was genuinely awful
>>
>>77512412
I thought it was 'Gotta believe in something.'

Wasn't it? I haven't seen it since it aired, so maybe I'm the one remembering it wrong.
>>
>>77514182
you are, it's gotta nuke somethin
>>
I still enjoy Family Guy, but I'm convinced it's gotten like this because Sethis bored with the show and doesn't want to do it anymore, so he tries to offend people as much as possible to get Fox to cancel the show.

American Dad started to get overly violent in recent seasons too...haven't caught up with it since it hit TBS so could be wrong on that one too.
>>
>>77512496
No one said it was funny. They just implied that you were being a big girl's blouse.
>>
OP was using greentext awkwardly, anyone catch that?
also, get over it you tumblrites. Literally just a cartoon.
>>
I was watching an early episode the other day, the one where Chris is in the Youth Scouts, and it's surprising how much this show changed.

The older ones reminded me somewhat of Recess, mostly the animation style and the more "kid-friendly" jokes.
>>
>>77515561
>so he tries to offend people as much as possible to get Fox to cancel the show.

his first fucking season he had a song called if i only had a jew. shut the fuck up.

family guy has been horrible since season 3.
>>
>>77517955
>shitting on a shit show is now tumblr's domain
what
>>
>>77518002
>Not knowing that Wish Upon a Weinstein was what got family guy canceled in the first place
>>
>>77518023

no?
>>
File: 1325295198000.png (6KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1325295198000.png
6KB, 493x402px
>>77512247
It's a shitty unfunny joke, but that's it i a motherfucking joke, it's just a a cartoon, No whale was actually killed.

I still wonder how the fuck people end up like you, where you raised inside some bubble?
>>
>>77512247
See I just thought that joke wasn't funny and dragged on for way too fucking long trying to hope you'd laugh at it at some point, but you never will.
>>
>>77518002
>his first fucking season he had a song called if i only had a jew.
The episode also actually had a moral, which can't be said for the newer ones. Peter was initially (positively) prejudiced about how Jewish people handled money, but eventually had to learn that there was no correlation. The goofy song about Jews was only a secondary concern, as the most outcry over the episode was actually from the Bourne Company publishing house, complaining about the parody of "When You Wish Upon A Star." "When You Wish Upon A Weinstein" is season 3, episode 22. The episode didn't even make it onto Fox until 2004, and was initially only on Adult Swim, as FG had already lost its time slot because of low ratings.
>>77518023
>Shitting out tall tales to be humorous
You could probably get a job writing for Family Guy.
>>
>>77512536
Man, it's weird how I still laugh when re watching drawn together, but I hate what family guy has turned into and almost never get even a chuckle out of the newer episodes. Maybe drawn together just has better delivery
>>
>>77518182
Drawn Together had something of a whale scene itself, I remember one gag they did where Scrappy Doo's guts were pulled out and plopped on a scale to be measured. Really unsettling
>>
>>77512247
On one hand, muh triggers

On the other, Family Guy really is terrible and I'm happy to see anyone shit on it, even if it is SJWs
>>
i thought this scene was pretty funny
>>
>>77512614
Someone on Tvtropes's Family Guy DMOS page.
>>
>>77512589
The joke is Peter was trying to save the whale but is retahded
>>
>>77512247
I was more insulted by how this shit went on. New family guy doesn't even try to hide the fact that it's just filling time.
>>
>>77513975
>4-8 garbage
>9-12 okay

4-6 aren't perfect, but they're far from garbage. Plenty of gems in them.
7-8 have their share of awful episodes, but still had some decent ones too.
9-13 were awful, and 14 isn't looking any different.
>>
>>77518522
How do?
>>
>>77519396
*so
>>
>>77518002

Well fuck you too, dude. Family Guy has never been as consistently over the top with gore or anything like that since the last few years.

There's a major difference between "Wish Upon a Weinstein" and some of the shit that's been going on with Mort, like the scenes where everyone shoots guns at him as a greeting for example.
>>
I just don't know why they keep giving Quagmire all these character-centric episodes and scenes and trying to make him sympathetic when he's a literal rapist.

I'm also still really upset what they did with Joe. All the characters got changed but he got the worst of it.
>>
>>77512247
The joke had a decent concept but the execution was quite poor. All the gore just made it feel tryhard and edgy, plus it went on WAY longer than it should. Cutting it the whole thing down to like 15 to 20 seconds would've worked much better.
>>
>>77518182
Drawn Together is at times witty and the jokes flow easier.

Family Guy isnt witty at all and just sorta throws gags at people randomly.

Both is trash humor. One has some thought put in.
>>
>>77518182
Maybe it's because at one point family guy had the pretense of its characters being decent people, whereas with drawn together from the get go you know they're all terrible people, so seeing them do outlandish shit isn't as unsettling. Also yeah, family guy's delivery is trash. I haven't seen this whale joke but I can assume it's no shorter than 45 seconds.
>>
>>77520919

I just hope they do a Quagmire and Brian Road To...Episode before they get cancelled again, there's a lot of potential in that ideal, really loved it when Quagmire just explained why he didn't exactly like Brian all that much.
>>
>>77521061
>I haven't seen this whale joke but I can assume it's no shorter than 45 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9eer29iS-Q
How about double that?
>>
File: tumblr_nx3phggGU41ttp4vfo1_1280.png (194KB, 1280x734px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx3phggGU41ttp4vfo1_1280.png
194KB, 1280x734px
>>77521014
Family Guy used to have pretty witty jokes

I think the biggest problem is that the cutaways started to really focus on referential humor, and filling in the empty spaces with senseless gore, whereas the earlier seasons always at least tried to do something visually entertaining, without even showing half the blood these later ones do

It was never amazing, but there are some gags that still make me genuinely laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8hIPdqeKts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo3xob7oc1I
>>
>>77521066

I don't like how they made him into the character who calls out other characters on their shit all the time. I mean the other characters in the show realize that Brian is a phony piece of shit and more people are acknowledging that Peter is a moron, but every time it's brought up that Quagmire drugs and rapes people it's written off as a joke and they always give him the moral high
ground whenever he's going on a rant against someone.

I know it's Family Guy and I shouldn't expect much, but it still bugs me.
>>
>>77512443
>Gee it sure is tumblr in here.
my boy, this copypasta is what all true /co/mrades strive for
>>
File: 1317952014456.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1317952014456.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>problem with the joke is that it's gore
>not that it's a bad visual joke drawn out for almost a full minute
This is what's shit about this show now. Nothing but padding for the 22 minute run time.
>>
>>77512247

Yeah I hate this show too. I don't get a lot of the shitty spiteful things Peter does in the newer episodes. Like why does he hate his daughter so much?
>>
>>77521442

god bless you Hank can't you please come back and save us from the horrible state fox cartoons are now
>>
>>77521465

Peter's (and Lois's) treatment of Meg is really inconsistent. Either they ignore her completely or outright try and get rid of her. In one episode Peter literally asked God to erase her from existence.

But every now and then they'll do an episode where Meg gets into some kind of trouble and suddenly Peter and Lois are depicted as kind and caring parents who love her.
>>
>>77521558
Abusive parents are actually like that, they'll abuse and encourage abuse with people they feel comfortable with, but will often also do good things and even come across from the outside as good parents. They won't let an outside force be harmful most of the time because that would destroy their perception of themselves as being good.
>>
>>77512247
Man, the Family Guy writers must all be suicidal or something. They fucking hate everything & hate life.
>>
>>77512443
has it happened to you anon?
>>
>>77521558
The writers just suck
>>
>>77512247
What are you some kind of pansy? My God this generation of faggots.
>>
Nobodies going to mention that time Squidward killed all of the simpsons?
>>
File: sfasrgq4era.png (695KB, 1127x633px) Image search: [Google]
sfasrgq4era.png
695KB, 1127x633px
>>77512247
why does family guy always use that weird water texture nowadays? looks awful
>>
>>77512512
>He doesnt want to fuck quagmires mother
>>
>>77525627
They use CG for fucking anything that would take too much effort to animate. All of the vehicles since the show's revival have been cel-shaded models. It's like if someone took Mac Fleischer's stereoptic method, and made it terrible in every possible way.
>>
>>77521808
My theory is that its all part of a Producers-style scheme to write episodes so shitty they'd have to get canceled. Unfortunately, like the Producers, it seems that shittiness is just what the suits at Fox want.
>>
>>77525627
Anyone else really hate that half-lidded "default" expression that the characters just wear for half the episode in most modern FG episodes.

Just something about just pisses me off. Even the fucking dolphin has that expression in this picture.
>>
File: 1341368726408.jpg (17KB, 200x242px) Image search: [Google]
1341368726408.jpg
17KB, 200x242px
Anyone tolerate the show for a laff and not get so rustled by it in any way?

The majority of the replies in this thread just have to be literally autistic people. You realize you're discussing a cartoon no one forced you to watch, right?
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.